The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you can unlock a boat! anyone have pic of the boat? Love get an idea of size and style :)

Here you go, not crafted, as other's have mentioned it from the Master Angler achievement

Go5fz8X.jpg
    Edited by ixie on January 17, 2017 4:46AM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    Craft and place, yes. Attune, no
    Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    Craft yes, Place and use, not yet.
    Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    Haven't really looked.
    Did you find any crafting recipes?
    a couple iirc
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    it seems the items from nodes is extremely erratic/low. I decided to go farming to get a sense of how often the furniture items drop. After about 1 1/2hrs of farming to say i got a handful is a little bit off. If the drop rate is going to be kept low, I would suggest adding the possibility of getting items from Refinement.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new crafting materials need to be upped significantly. With the amount of base mats it takes to craft anything from a simple chair to a candle holder, you simply cannot force people to spend 1 hour farming for enough heartwood for 1 measly chair. Significantly increase the droprate from nodes, allow the harvest CP passive to function on them too if it doesn't already, and make the daily Hireling passives give you a small number of these as well. Hirelings are already very underwhelming for the skillpoints they require, make hirelings have a chance to give you 1-4 of the new mats with their mails.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Okay so I've been thinking a lot about the furniture crafting system since trying out stuff on the PTS last night.

Firstly, it has to be said that the drop rate of the new materials is far too low. Same for furniture recipes and the such. I get what you're doing with the housing system. You guys don't want everyone to be having fully decorated etc houses after a couple of days of play. And I understand that. But here's the thing:

A lot of the time in this game, you find things as you're on the trail of some quest. That's how I found all my current things that are stuffed into my crafting bag, all my recipes, all of the items that I possess ... But what about those who don't have any quests to do anymore? What about those who have seen all of Tamriel that we currently have? They'll just have to run around mindlessly grinding for materials and recipes that rarely appear. That's not what ES is about. I feel like housing should have come with a new area to play in and find things.

And what happened to the story continuation that Rich said we were getting with U13 in an interview?

Also, the drop rate of materials and recipes is seriously going to put players off it. It's going to take weeks just to craft a cup or a chair. Please, please, for your playerbase and for the health of your game, think about increasing these drop rates and having simple furniture plans for sale at vendors. And you might want to think about increasing nodes.

There's a lot of people on live compared to PTS, and those nodes will disappear fast. This HAS to be fun as opposed to a mind numbing grind.

Another thing - why do we have to get Imperial style furniture from the Crown Store only as opposed to dropping plans in the world like all of the other races? For those of us getting an imperial house, it's supremely unfair to make us have to buy our furniture with crowns. This is very shady and I don't think you should do this.

TL;DR: Incrrase recipe and material drops, add new quests etc so we can discover these things as opposed to endless and mindless grinding, why is Imperial Furniture Crown Store only and where's the story continuation Rich said was in U13 at?
    Edited by JD2013 on January 17, 2017 6:00PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    In this newer patch of Homestead, my pts template character received no Molybdenum in the inventory crates. It seemed ot be the only thing missing. Though I was able to buy them from a merchant, I was wondering if this happened with anyone else.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please implement a search bar for recipes on crafting stations?
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate the reduction in cost of style materials, the drop rate of these new furniture crafting materials is still far too low. It takes an unbelievable amount of time to farm these things. I realize the plan here is to push people to the Crown store to buy their items instead of crafting them, but jiminy crickets, throw us a bone. This is supposed to be fun, not a hellish grind, and not everybody can afford the Crowns.

"Smart" furnishing recipe drops - looking in Khajiiti-themed zones for Khajiiti recipes, for example - would also reduce some of this grind for the dropped recipes too, as most of us have a preferential look we are going for in our houses. Recipes with no affiliation could have a chance to drop anywhere.

Still no preview on items outside of those in the Crown interface, and still no zoom out to see the whole item (big trees, pillars)...please tell me that's going to be a nice surprise to us when this goes live?

Can you make all the cookers interactive? Is that really going to throw off "balance" or whatever to let all of us be able to make a sandwich in our houses without going through writ vouchers? The interactive firepit is ugly and doesn't fit properly in the hearths and fireplaces in these houses.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    While I appreciate the reduction in cost of style materials, the drop rate of these new furniture crafting materials is still far too low. It takes an unbelievable amount of time to farm these things. I realize the plan here is to push people to the Crown store to buy their items instead of crafting them, but jiminy crickets, throw us a bone. This is supposed to be fun, not a hellish grind, and not everybody can afford the Crowns.

"Smart" furnishing recipe drops - looking in Khajiiti-themed zones for Khajiiti recipes, for example - would also reduce some of this grind for the dropped recipes too, as most of us have a preferential look we are going for in our houses. Recipes with no affiliation could have a chance to drop anywhere.

Still no preview on items outside of those in the Crown interface, and still no zoom out to see the whole item (big trees, pillars)...please tell me that's going to be a nice surprise to us when this goes live?

Can you make all the cookers interactive? Is that really going to throw off "balance" or whatever to let all of us be able to make a sandwich in our houses without going through writ vouchers? The interactive firepit is ugly and doesn't fit properly in the hearths and fireplaces in these houses.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3663062/#Comment_3663062

We're actually working on a way to preview furniture. It's not currently on the PTS, but hope to get it implemented for launch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3679321/#Comment_3679321

• CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of materials needed to craft items is seriously still way too high. Especially the style materials, 10 to craft a single small item??? Heck, I can craft a full cuirass with **ONE**, why cant I craft a candle with one? Consider I have been collecting style mats from the beginning of early start and the most I have of any is 500, that means I can only craft 30-40 items of a particular style before I run out?? Thats not good. If it takes 15 metal and 1 style mat to make a full piece of chest armor it should take less than that to make a smaller item and maybe about the same to do a bed or dresser.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of materials needed to craft items is seriously still way too high. Especially the style materials, 10 to craft a single small item??? Heck, I can craft a full cuirass with **ONE**, why cant I craft a candle with one? Consider I have been collecting style mats from the beginning of early start and the most I have of any is 500, that means I can only craft 30-40 items of a particular style before I run out?? Thats not good. If it takes 15 metal and 1 style mat to make a full piece of chest armor it should take less than that to make a smaller item and maybe about the same to do a bed or dresser.

You can buy the racial style mats from npc merchants for 15g each
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Truthsnark wrote: »

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3663062/#Comment_3663062

We're actually working on a way to preview furniture. It's not currently on the PTS, but hope to get it implemented for launch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3679321/#Comment_3679321

Woo previewing and smart drops are good! Thank you! What I was saying RE: cooking apparatus is that currently (I believe - could be wrong) the only interactive fire place - i.e. the only one you can actually access Provisioning from, is available from the Master Writ vendor. All of the crown-purchased and vendor-purchased and pre-furnished fire pits, fire places, cookers, stoves, ovens, etc, are not able to be used for Provisioning. But the interactive Master Writ firepit has a distinctive, rustic, messy look and doesn't fit in the areas in the houses we'd want to put an item to access Provisioning. If they must lock up all the interactive crafting stations behind the Master Writ vendor, then maybe they could add different versions of the Provisioning station to better fit into our houses and decorative themes?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually think this is made as an additional gold sink. Very quickly people will run out of base-game style materials resulting in them purchasing the 15g versions from vendors. Basically making you spend 200+ gold to craft an item even if you have all the materials.

Edited by Dominoid on January 18, 2017 4:42AM
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Furniture Crafting is a bit too confusing currently, there are way too many recipes distributed over all 6 different craft stations and it can get pretty overwhelming trying to keep track of what goes where.

Can I suggest a new type of craft table that handles ALL types of furniture, with a UI similar to the provisiong fire UI? Have different sections for Designs/Praxis/Blueprints/etc. similar to how Ragout/Entremet/Delicacies are all separate under the provisioning fire UI. This makes it much more easy to track what "recipes" I know or do not know without having to run to 6 different locations. Similar to the dye stations it could just be one per zone.

Given that certain furnishings may require knowledge of multiple trade skills like the canopy bed, I think having one craft station meant specifically for furniture would lessen the confusion greatly.

The ability to see the identity of "unknown" recipes/plans would also be a nice addition, especially for provisioners as well.

This is a great suggestion. It really doesn't make sense why a "Carved Desk" may be crafted at the Enchanting station, for instance. IMHO the categories in the crafting stations are bad. IE, "Parlor" and "Hearth" objects are subjective. It would be much easier for a crafter to focus on a purpose if the categories were more logically denoted, such as Bedding, Wall Hangings, Flooring, Seating, Storage. Conservatory does appear to make sense the way it is. However, a lot of different Lighting items can be found in Hearth, Parlor, Suite, AND Workshop, which confounds me.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭

Your comment only addresses how to re-stock. The issue the person is raising is that it takes far too much material to create something before having to restock. This person also makes a valid point - it takes only 1 trait stone to make an entire chest piece of armor. So, why does it take so many more to make a candle?
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Actually, I am currently taking hundreds of screenshots and building a huge table based on the one done by @Dominoid to display as much item as possible, but that will remain screenshots, manual, and only based on what I have access to...

(spent more than a week taking screenshots manually...)

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been running around with my crafter character from live today, looking for the special crafting mats. From what I got, I have the impression that the droprates for bast, regulus, heartwood and clean pelts are as low as those of nirncrux. And I even did find a nirncrux today, but none of the above mentioned new materials. On the other hand, I found alchemical resin, mundane runes and decorative wax quite frequently.

Sadly, I didn't get any furnishing plans for those crafting stations, yet, so I have the materials to craft furniture from the consumable stations, and plans for the equipment stations. That's rather depressing, because I can't do anything with the things I actually have.

How about giving item deconstruction or raw material refinement a chance to also provide some of the new materials? Similar to how you can get tempers from refining or deconstructing things. The chances might even be influenced by the same crafting passives.

Btw. the crafting material costs for furniture are much better now and more reasonable, in my opinion.
    Edited by feyii on January 18, 2017 10:22PM
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Did new crafting mats start to drop from crafting writ maps after last update?
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    A runner is a skinny carpet that goes in a hallway, or otherwise a skinny tablecloth that goes down the center of a long table. "Breton Runner, Bordered" is a full-sized square carpet that appears to be larger than any floorspace I have yet seen in Homestead.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this khajiit is a master crafter - all perks, all ranks, all disciplines. What else he needs to learn that green diagramm? What 'level' is mentioned exactly? Should my khajiit-crafter first reach champion rank?... whatever?

20170121214211_1.jpgimage host
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Venzardi wrote: »
    Well, this khajiit is a master crafter - all perks, all ranks, all disciplines. What else he needs to learn that green diagramm? What 'level' is mentioned exactly? Should my khajiit-crafter first reach champion rank?... whatever?

It only says you need Woodworking 2. I think that's the only requirement.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Venzardi wrote: »

It only says you need Woodworking 2. I think that's the only requirement.

Look at the upper right corner.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pts has just came back online, and it appears that you can now only craft furniture in Argonian and Dark Elf styles... The other racial styles are no longer there as an option when crafting furniture, and it isn't to do with my template characters race, she is an Orc :blush:

Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just created a brand new template character, and still the same issue, can only craft furniture in either Argonian or Dark Elf styles. I read on the patch notes that certain items were being removed, but I didn't realise that meant everything apart from the furnishings of just two races... :lol:

• david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I just created a brand new template character, and still the same issue, can only craft furniture in either Argonian or Dark Elf styles. I read on the patch notes that certain items were being removed, but I didn't realise that meant everything apart from the furnishings of just two races... :lol:

Fortunately the crown store is stacked with more stuff than before.. /s

I can craft pretty much everything from the last patch with my template character made in 2.7.2 so it must be a bug.

I hope they re-add 4/5 of the wax food they removed and placed into the crown store in some future patch.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    david19979 wrote: »
    SadieJoan wrote: »

Fortunately the crown store is stacked with more stuff than before.. /s

I can craft pretty much everything from the last patch with my template character made in 2.7.2 so it must be a bug.

I hope they re-add 4/5 of the wax food they removed and placed into the crown store in some future patch.

Yeah, I noticed the crown store items, they were great! We can even buy a working fire now! :smile: I would like to know if some of those new items are craftable though, which is why I created new template characters to read the new furniture book, which seems to be broken... Ah well, I guess we won't be able to see how they 'updated' the crafting stuff just yet... Its a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing what had changed!
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 23, 2017 6:21PM

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My newest toy :mrgreen: :
    Screenshot_20170124_002346.png
    Recipe cost 200 vouchers. Needs two animus stones, i.e. 100 vouchers.
    Edited by helediron on January 23, 2017 10:28PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I basically can't find Decorative Wax anywhere...either the drop rate is incredibly low, or this item doesn't drop from looted barrels and so on, nor does it drop from stolen barrels etc. It's supposed to be used in crafting Provisioning furnishings.

Where does this item drop?

*edit* I found ONE Decorative Wax from looting a radish, about the 200th food related item I looted. No recipe drops out of any of the barrels/crates/sacks either.

The drop rate is busted, needs to be greatly increased.
    Edited by Betheny on January 24, 2017 1:45AM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I basically can't find Decorative Wax anywhere...either the drop rate is incredibly low, or this item doesn't drop from looted barrels and so on, nor does it drop from stolen barrels etc. It's supposed to be used in crafting Provisioning furnishings.

Where does this item drop?

*edit* I found ONE Decorative Wax from looting a radish, about the 200th food related item I looted. No recipe drops out of any of the barrels/crates/sacks either.

The drop rate is busted, needs to be greatly increased.

It depends how will it look from a global/server wide point not individual.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday I tried to attune a crafting station to a set.
    The attunable crafting station got used, but there was no attined station in my inventory.

Which is weird since I managed to attune it in an earlier PTS patch (while NA was on).

There was also no animation while using the item, just a cooldown clock shadow on the icon.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Need Surveys to actually drop the new housing materials. Then its fine