The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soella wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    I'm not sure the server is going to have enough style mats for all the crafting that will be happening...most people have only a few stacks of the regular style mats...

You know you can buy regular style mats from NPC trader for 15G?

Haha nope, haven't been back all that long.
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think this summarises furniture crafting so far:
    • Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • Previews would be very useful
    • All houses need a higher furnishing limit

You nailed it very nicely :)
  • JolaRossa
    JolaRossa
    It's not included in the questions, but I think it belongs here...

When crafting furniture on a station in the world, there is no sound effect.

(I also agree with several suggestions, and mainly with the need for PREVIEWS)
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭

That about sums it up in a nut shell. Now lets see if ZOS is listening.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That about sums it up in a nut shell. Now lets see if ZOS is listening.
    I hate to be a naysayer, but how many times have we seen tons of great suggestions made to improve things on the PTS, only to see none of them implemented going live. It has happened, like with the changes made to enchanting nodes, but mostly it's like spitting into the wind, a futile and messy exercise. Even more than with crown crates, I feel the influence of the crown store on so many aspects of Housing, likely with more to come. Pretty soon, dictionaries will define greed as "zos".
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    Yes, and it worked perfectly.

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    Did not get this item yet.

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    Not sure as i have not been able to get everything I need to craft an item yet.

Did you find any crafting recipes?
    Yes, i got 2 crafting recipes, all require a legendary item, and multiple hard to find items to craft.
    I am not sure what good a decorative Pie is and why making it requires 1 Kuta and 60 Nickel?

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Costs of making items is absurdly high with the requirement of legendary materials
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The considered opinion of this one.

There is a difference between making something challenging and interesting for experienced players and making something so difficult it just puts people off altogether. If something feels like a mountain in the path of a new player then will they climb that mountain or will they look for something they find enjoyable rather than frustrating yes?

This is a great system - just reduce the quantities of materials required - unless these furniture items are going to get up and do a song and dance number perhaps once they are in your house? Then only perhaps a candlestick is worth a golden crafting mat or two.

This one she knows there is the alternative option of buying items with crowns and you hope to nudge travellers down that road however khajiit knows that if people cannot obtain what they wish for then maybe once or twice they will pay up the crowns but eventually they will just get fed up and perhaps wander away from Tamriel altogether.

The balance between challenge and utter frustration is a very thin line sometimes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

^^This. I agree totally Santie. Furniture crafting should be something fun that new players can embrace as part of the crafting skills, not something that is part of the crown store grind fest that we are seeing on so many levels now. Their (ZOS's) disguised effort to show "See, furniture crafting is available to everyone" didn't fool anybody who has been with the game long enough. The amount of effort, mats, and frustration is to only force people to the crown store. ZOS needs to focus a bit more on making the game fun instead of just making money.
    Edited by Ashtaris on January 6, 2017 4:58PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lunachik wrote: »
    I am one of those people who split my crafting between 2 characters, over years. So I did put in the hard work, the same as someone who did it all on one character, but as was said, this is a change, a big one, because many of us leveled several characters at launch simultaneously and we had the flexibility of allocating our skill points as we saw fit, as this was not a concern. If certain items can only be crafted by a character who meets a certain crafting requirement in several crafts, that could be a problem for many of us. I think it is a valid concern.

this could be dealt with by having it possible to craft parts:
    have a woodcrafter craft the frame
    a clothier craft the upholstery
    an alchemist craft the "Scamp proof" sealant to avoid those unsightly stains you did not think about when you bought the scamp pet.

Then let any one of them or whichever was highest combine the parts into the final furniture.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so apparently the template characters come with a book that teaches them all the furniture plans, and good GODS. What were you thinking on some of these construction requirements?? I love the idea in general, but many of these are just ridiculously over the top.
    • Divide all trait stone and style material requirements by 10
    • Divide all resin/temper/etc. requirements by 3
    • Divide provisioning and enchanting ingredient requirements by 10 (where they are double-digit, that is)

Like seriously, with the flour requirements on some of the provisioning things alone I could make enough stale bread to sell to a vendor to just buy a NEW house faster than I could decorate an existing one. Please adjust these accordingly!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    I tried crafting various light sources. I don't know if my vision is just bad, but I couldn't see how much light something generated when I was on the crafting screen. So I made various lights to see how much light they generated. It varied a lot. A redguard candle was very dim while a wall torch was a lot brighter. The thing is, the light is the main aspect of a light's appearance so it should be the premier thing one sees on the crafting screen.

Regarding recipes, I found one in a container.

The furniture crafting material for provisioning, I haven't found one yet. I've both checked barrels, sacks, containers specific to a food type, and grabbing free food. Free food like the cheese at the guild traders in Hollow City. Containers like the tomato next to that trader, and the corn container at that bandit camp next to rawl'ka and the Sleek Creek Manor or whatever the medium size house next to Rawl'ka is called. In fact every time I leave my house I head over there and loot the place. Other types though, except for enchanting which hasn't given one up either, I was able to gather.
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    Found a bug with the attunement stations. Don't work if you have 12 already attuned (one each of 4 sets). Still uses up the item though.
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭

100% with the addition of a couple of intro quests (maybe tied to the acquisition of your house) to obtain recipes for a few basic furnishings. Chair. Table. Bedroll. Simple candle. Just to get you started.

Higher furnishing limit could be somewhat ameliorated by the addition of a couple of items that hit pain-points, like "A Bowl of Apples" instead of a bowl and 10 apples individually. We have one item that includes a fork, knife, plate, and dinner (Chicken Dinner or something like that), so how about a "Placesetting" with fork, knife, empty plate combined in one item.
  • Hrothfar
    Hrothfar
    Soul Shriven
    Miaura wrote: »
    4. Craft stations being tied to master crafting and bound to account lessens housing utility for many players.
    Since (without having bought a banker/merchant assistant ) there is no other reason to go to your house than decorate, hang out with visitors or your pets and yourself, and enjoy the view and check out the trophies- dont get me wrong, I really love these sides and the simple fact of owning a home makes me very happy; but the more "practical" reasons to visit your house, the better it could be.
    And indeed speaking of utility a storage addition only available in the house would add a lot to that utility :). Not to mention a slight xp boost after spending time in your house, like some other games have done. And farming/gardening, oh yes, reason to check in on your crops :)

100% agree with this, I was very hyped about housing but now I'm getting more and more concerned about the amount of grind needed to fill your house with something usefull, and even decorations.

Adding some basic fonctions to your house (crafting / bank /merchant) should not take such a considerable investment of gold, mats or Crowns. We need a good reason to be in our houses rather than in town, and to be able to easily do stuff (craft furnitures, repair...) in our houses otherwise this expansion will be quite pointless.
    Edited by Hrothfar on January 7, 2017 1:34AM
  • slpatonrwb17_ESO
    slpatonrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to successfully attune a crafting station

The drop rate for the new materials seemed rather low given the quantities needed to make anything. This will no doubt push up their value in the auction house.

I have nine alts all max rank crafting skill in all crafts and a main also max skill. The only question is how does the craft achievement level affect the drop rate for master writs? As not all alts have many achievements.

:o)
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main comment would be the drop rate of furniture mats is ABYSMAL. I purchased a "wooden box" pattern that required 3 heartwood and 2 nickel. It took me 30 min and 20 nodes to find 3 heartwood. And I see from the comments above I'll only need MORE mats.

(On a side note, if you're looking for nickel, you can probably get some by raiding Imperial armours in Cyrodiil and Imperial City and deconstructing them)

(Also, while saving crafting writ boxes is pointless till the patch, it probably IS a good idea to save any writ maps you get in order to have the best chance of picking up the new mats easily.)

https://youtu.be/ps_y76sIR0c
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not been able to find recipes for the Nibenese furniture and items, they only seem to be available with crowns, maybe I'm overlooking something? I did check the vendors in Cyrodiil, Imperial City and Gold Coast.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Gift_Of_Galadriel
    The blacksmithing station does not work, clothing and other stations such as woodworking ,alchmey are not there. IDK if this was intended.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What people here are reporting about the player housing and how much of a PITA it is to get required mats in addition to being able to craft the stuff myself has totally turned me off of it. Thank god it's a DLC I don't have to pay for, because I don't want it any more.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they're going to substantially nerf the amount of mats required (and the levels of tempers required).

I have no problems with spending some time and gold if I preferred to craft some furnishings instead of buying them with Crowns, but this is way too painful to expect any crafter or buyer to deal with.

The quantity and quality of items someone requiring a crafter to either provide or buy for them (if they don't supply the mats themselves) is way beyond any reasonable amount OR value for the item created.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Grand Topal outside structures available for crafting? I could place another platform and bridge here and there, but all other styles differ very much from the island's style. I tried to look through all craftable argonian items available for a template. I found only few argonian tents i could think of using. I'd like to use at least several different platforms, ramps, bridges, handrails and vertical dividers.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Like seriously, with the flour requirements on some of the provisioning things alone I could make enough stale bread to sell to a vendor to just buy a NEW house faster than I could decorate an existing one. Please adjust these accordingly!

No wonder there are so many beggar NPCs on the streets. Just think of all the time King Emeric must have spent farming to furnish Castle Wayrest!
    I've not been able to find recipes for the Nibenese furniture and items, they only seem to be available with crowns, maybe I'm overlooking something? I did check the vendors in Cyrodiil, Imperial City and Gold Coast.

Might they be Imperial Edition only, like the houses? I hope not; I hope it would just be somewhat harder to find than the base races.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭

Yes, everything went smoothly and worked well. I tried it in several homes.

Yes, no trouble there what so ever.

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?

I got a few when placing out furnitures and buying the big houses. They were interesting, but I would have loved if they gave some sort of reward, like a new craftable item or the likes! :)

I found some on merchants, but no drops, nothing like that at all. I don't really know where there would be any to be found.

I love the crafting system in general. However I think all the items are way too expensive to craft. With all the mats needed, 9 tannings for a mug? Its foing to drain materials like -crazy-. Either increase the drop on materials, or decrease the cost, it is way too high right now. Otherwise it won't really feel rewarding to spend hours and hours to only be able to craft a few mugs and some candles.

Also, it is very confusing which items that would be where. I dont really see the logic with some candles beeing under blacksmithing and some under the cooking fire? A search system would be amazing, as I have found myself spending way too much time running back and forth between the different crafting stations simply to try and find a specific item which I dont know where it would be under.

Over all though, you guys have made an -amazing- job. I love it, it is super fun. Just some minor things that needs to be fixed :)

Oh, also. Please increase the cap for furnitures. This is way too little.
    Edited by Zariah on January 7, 2017 2:56PM
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭

Nailed it
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with this. Well said.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I don't have a huge problem with some plans requiring a lot of materials, some of them being valuable for things like ornate tables, beds, decorations, etc. It keeps furniture kinda rare-ish and different people will prioritize different things, making for very unique home setups. That said, some things are just absurd. I can't get on the PTS since I play on console but just from what I've heard, why should a pie cost style mats and a kuta, or an apple cost a buncha random crafting materials? ZOS has said there's no storage in houses this patch, so with that assumption I understand why you can't just drop an apple or pie on the counter and pick it up later (although I really hope this is added in the future, same for hanging weapons/armor around the house).

What would make sense is if you want a decorative apple, it costs you 1 apple to make. Or if you want a decorative pie, it costs you 1 pie. This would make them totally decorative items, not like you're using your house for storage, but makes wayyy more sense than the current system.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭

What he said
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    • 1 Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • 2 Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • 3 Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • 4 More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • 5 Previews would be very useful
    • 6 All houses need a higher furnishing limit

1 Nope, why?
    2 Nope, why?
    3 Nope, why?
    4 The more craftable ones the beter
    5 Yes
    6 Would be nice

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Vakromcuthgrand
    Yes, I was able to place basic crafting stations and noble crafting stations. I could use them as long as I placed them where the golden halo around them wasn't glowing. I didn't try to attune crafting stations yet.

I did craft and place some target skeletons. I noticed I could not use my lightning staff heavy attack on them though. I could only use my light attack.
    Edit: I've since retried to use heavy attacks and they work now. I don't know why they didn't work the first day Homesteads were launched on PTS, but it works now.

I did receive many achievements tied to Furniture Crafting. Interesting? I suppose.

Yes I found a couple crafting recipes.

General Feedback:

Crafting Stations need Search Engine boxes:

Since there are so many items that are craft-able for homesteads and you have spread them over every crafting profession [for example you can craft lanterns/lamps under both alchemy and blacksmithing] it would be extremely helpful to have a search box in the furniture crafting at each station where I could type lanterns or lamps or chairs. I really dove into crafting. I couldn't remember where I crafted Dark Elf lanterns. All I could remember was that I could craft lanterns at the blacksmithing station yet I could not find the Dark Elf Lantern there. It took me awhile to figure out that these similar items are spread across the different crafting professions seemingly without rhyme or reason. It could potentially be easier if all lights of any kind are crafted under one profession. Or at least add a search. I knew I wanted dark elf lanterns. If I could have typed it at each station real quick, that would have saved me time. As it was, I had a hard time remembering Dark Elf Lanterns are craft-able only at the Alchemy station under the Workshop category. A lighting category would be so much easier and intuitive.

I really like the housing editor, but the way the items are organized is difficult to navigate and figure out.
    For example: when placing an enchanting station in the homestead editor - why are they categorized under shrines? That makes zero sense to me. And then the Alchemy stations are placed in the Library category. Again, that makes zero sense.
    All crafting stations should be placed in the Workshop category or choose a category for crafting stations and place ALL crafting stations under one category. A more organized and streamlined approach will save a lot of frustration. As it is now there's too much to remember.

I need to be able to open a crafting station and type "plants" for example to see which plants I can craft for the garden of my homestead. Otherwise I feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack to figure out all my options for plants for the gardens of my homesteads because there's so many housing editor and crafting categories.

What's vendor purchasable/craft-able/crown store purchasable?

I can visually see that I can place plants that I've purchased from the crown store. How do I know if that is the only way to acquire them or not? Can plants and flowers be crafted? If so, which profession crafts plants and flowers? Can plants and flowers be purchased from vendors? Which vendors? The homestead vendor in Skywatch of Auridon has some hedges and trees, but no flowers or plants or ferns like the crown store has. As a player, how can I find out where to acquire other plant options if I don't want to purchase them from the crown store?

Crown Store Preview

The crown store preview for large items doesn't allow me to view the whole item. Please take a look at this issue so that we can preview items before purchasing. Simply scrolling out to view the large item would be very helpful. This currently seems to be disabled.

Crafting Station Preview

We need to see what the item is going to look like before we craft it. The tiny icons are too small. This is the case for crafting weapons and armor also by the way. We can preview costumes with ease in the crown store before purchasing. Can we have this functionality at crafting stations as well for weapons and armor? Can we have a preview for the homestead items at the crafting stations as well? We're spending mats to craft, we should be able to see beforehand what we're crafting.

Streamlined Categories for both Crafting and the Housing Editor

Here's my suggestions for more intuitive categories:

Create a Lighting category for ALL lighting.

Hearth/Parlor/Suite/Shrine/Gallery are interesting descriptive categories and all, but you could consolidate these categories to save a lot of time and frustration for crafters/decorators.

Please change categories to:

Lighting - Braziers, lanterns, lamps, light-posts, candles etc.
    Furniture - any furniture item whether it's indoor or outdoor goes into this category.
    Decorations - Paintings, tapestries, carpets, vases, display food and drink, anything that is a decoration.

Basically, don't categorize by room - categorize by item. We're not searching for a room, we're searching for an item.

Housing Editor Item placement

We need to be able to move an item on the x, y axis without it curving or going into the floor. For example the mouse wheel forward and backward is currently diagonally sloped. We cannot move an item straight forward on the x axis, it goes forward diagonally downward into the floor or ground. The mouse wheel forward function should stay on the x axis, but it doesn't. There is currently no way to move an item on the y axis (up and down only) for placement. We need this functionality in our item placement.

Suggestion: A furnishings bag like our crafting bag. For ESO + subs we get a bag to hold unlimited furnishings.

Placed mounts and pets don't stay in place. When I leave and come back, they disappear.

Edited by Vakromcuthgrand on January 8, 2017 5:46AM
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tone down the amount of materials needed to craft items.
    Please also up the drop rate of furniture recipes.

The people who get really into decorating in MMOs tend to want to be able to create a large number of items--say, craft 10 tables and arrange them upside down to create a design in the floor, or craft 5 chairs and turn them sideways sticking out of a wall to make a bookcase.

By making the materials so hard to get, nobody will be able to actually decorate the way they want to. I understand you want this to be a gold and time sink, but if we need 15 items to make one candle most people are just going to be discouraged and not even try.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried that yet.

Yes, it was working as intended and expected. I even killed the skeleton once and it reassembled itself afterwards.

I got the one for crafting furniture from inside one of my homes. They are ok, but I don't care much for achievements which are there only for the sake of the achievement. They would be more interesting if they did something, like unlocking special crafting plans for example.

Yes, a green and a blue one while doing the initial aparment quest (was just going through the containers inside the Vulkhel Guard Manor bank).

I usually have no idea which crafting station is for which kind of furniture. It seems so random. The things you can craft at a cooking station are quite clear, but everything else makes the impression of just having been distributed between all the other stations to not clutter one with everything.
    Also, when crafting it would be nice to have a preview of the item. The item's inventory icon in many cases is not helpful, because a lot of items share the same icon. And since we cannot deconstruct furniture items (which would be a great addition, btw. ;) ), it is rather annoying if you craft something for a lot of mats and find it not to your liking. The item's worth when selling to an NPCs trader is far less than its material cost.
    Edited by feyii on January 8, 2017 3:36PM