The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been able to find the guy to get the crafting stations from. :(

I did find some crafting recipes, and purchased 2 starter recipes from a vendor.

Got achievement for first Clothier Pattern and first Woodworker Blueprint.

Finding the materials seems to be a bit of a chore. I did find some heartwood, clean pelts, decorative wax, alchemical resin, regulus and bast. Have not found a Mundane rune.

Was able to craft a Wood Elf Wall Hide (found pattern), and bed roll and stretcher that I purchased. Ingredient requirements for some of the existing mats seem pretty high. I'm guessing some of the higher level patterns require more of the new mats as well?

I think that furniture crafting might not be very friendly to a new player. I had no clue how to go about it until I actually discovered a pattern. Even then, I think I had to run around to different crafting stations to see where it would show up. Had no idea where the new materials were coming from until I actually found some when I was doing routine harvesting.

I like crafting, and was looking forward to something new. But...I like the crafting in ESO because I can actually craft things that are useful to me. So while it might be fun to craft items and decorate a house, I probably won't want to craft novelty items that require a large number of materials or rarer things like Kuta, etc.

Note: this was on my existing character from live, did not create a new character to test with.

EDIT: typos
    Edited by CadenceRowan on January 9, 2017 8:47PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • I would halve the amount of style mats, and where trait items are used, reduce that number greatly...maximum five at most trait items, those things aren't that easy to find.
    • Not at all worried about the tempers used for crafting, that seems within reason.
    • The amounts of cooking ingredients required however needs to be massively reduced.

Edited by Betheny on January 9, 2017 8:39AM
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭

I did find some crafting recipes, and purchased 2 starter recipes from a vendor.

Got achievement for first Clothier Pattern and first Woodworker Blueprint.

Finding the materials seems to be a bit of a chore. I did find some heartwood, clean pelts, decorative wax, alchemical resin, regulus and bast. Have not found a Mundus rune.

Was able to craft a Wood Elf Wall Hide (found pattern), and bed roll and stretcher that I purchased. Ingredient requirements for some of the existing mats seem pretty high. I'm guessing some of the higher level patterns require more of the new mats as well?

I think that furniture crafting might not be very friendly to a new player. I had no clue how to go about it until I actually discovered a pattern. Even then, I think I had to run around to different crafting stations to see where it would show up. Had no idea where the new materials were coming from until I actually found some when I was doing routine harvesting.

I like crafting, and was looking forward to something new. But...I like the crafting in ESO I can actually craft things that are useful to me. So while it might be fun to craft items and decorate a house, I probably won't want to craft novelty items that require a large number of materials or rarer things like Kuta, etc.

Note: this was on my existing character from live, did not create a new character to test with.

The guy that sells craft stations, only for master craft reward vouchers is called Rolis Hlaalu, he only shows up at the writ delivery site (for me near Elden Root for instance) if you have a master crafters writ started or completed;
    but you need to have a char at master lvl of that craft for a chance to get those master writs randomly from your regular writ rewards- or, on PTS, to make template char with maxed crafts and some master writs given straight to inventory.
    Those writs reward vouchers you can buy all stations with. The writs will be tradeable so you can buy them from others if you dont get any; but so far the requirements/materials cost of making those writs are extremely high.
    And I feel very sry for a new/newish player who likes crafting that all the house stations are so far locked behind that master crafting system. I also feel sry for myself :p cause if the master writs will require as much gold/legendary materials to complete as now, not gonna get any stations from craft rewards myself or buying from others any time soon when this goes live, though propably soon getting at least some of my crafts to top lvl :(.
    But do not fret: the other, less "masterly" furniture crafting: all of the furniture crafting from the humblest recipies to the top also seems to require a huuuge amount of mats at the moment on PTS , but really I think at least that will be lowered a lot, its just way out of proportion atm for the game economy- I`d bet you will be able to craft a lot more, and find more recipies than now when it`s live.
    And remember to check out guild stores for recipies when its live, the prices will go down soon after the initial hype !

Oh and PS. ZOS, devs, powers that be, @ZOS_GinaBruno (sry Gina, so many invoking your name!) please make at least the dye station and cooking not tied to master writs, come on , everyone with a fireplace in their house should be able to cook after a few humble achievements at least, , and dye stations have never been tied to any craft! :) Would be an easy way to give something to do in the houses, besides hanging out , dueling (not everyones cup of tea), and decorating .

Edited by Miaura on January 8, 2017 6:59PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inconsistency:
    When finding Furnishing Plans for Enchanting, they're labelled "Praxis", but on the Enchanting Stations, they're called "Schematics".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think this summarises furniture crafting so far:
    • Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • Previews would be very useful
    • All houses need a higher furnishing limit

I have read furnishing limit doubles with sub ! ZOS and the money hungry ways but still
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have read furnishing limit doubles with sub ! ZOS and the money hungry ways but still
    It does. But for many houses, the biggest ones in particular, it's still way too small. The default non-ESO Plus cap should be close to double what it is now, and the ESO Plus cap should be double that again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    One suggestion that may help, with the recipes part, is to give each character the knowledge of (low-level) recipes for their race. like, Redguard Chair, or Argonian Table - in the same way that you can craft your own racial motif armour from the start.
    I love this idea.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    One suggestion that may help, with the recipes part, is to give each character the knowledge of (low-level) recipes for their race. like, Redguard Chair, or Argonian Table - in the same way that you can craft your own racial motif armour from the start.

The way it's looking so far the Imperial furniture can't be crafted, only purchased from the crown store, so I very much like your suggestion.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    I was able to place the crafting stations that appeared in my inventory on the template character. Frequently the stations could not be interacted with. I still cannot interact with the alchemy or blacksmith station, but this morning I was able to finally interact with the enchanting table.

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    Yes, but when I left the house and came back, the Target Skeleton was just an object that moved and nothing happened when i started hitting it, it didn't lose hp and i couldn't interact with it.

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    I believe so, but I didn't really notice. I should say, I didn't notice because I got a lot of acheivements on the PTS simply by opening the crates you get on the template character. But, last night I got the acheivement for crafting 300 items. I also got the acheivement from "throwing a party" with a number of guests. I like that!

Did you find any crafting recipes?
    Not yet. I also did not find any heartwood or anything like that on nodes.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Some items do not interact.
    For instance, Redguard arc bench, cannot sit on it.
    Darkelf Brazier, Ringed - Emits light, but no coals or fire inside the bowl.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 9, 2017 2:18PM
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent today (and part of yesterday) exclusively farming materials and searching for furniture recipes. Notes on drop rate - materials are odd for me. I get a ton of alchemical stuff, depending on area (1 from every 3 plants or so everywhere except Wrothgar, where I got none from the 20+ plants I harvested), but almost none of everything else. I ended up with over 20 alchemical residue from a short time harvesting, but after hours more I still only had 1 bast and 2 heartwood. Later on I got 2 wax from somewhere, possibly a food container (I was looting houses at that point). If we are going to need so many of these materials, the drop rate certainly needs raised on most of them. Nobody is going to spend days on end farming just to craft one chair.

Furniture recipes seem to be about equally common as food recipes. I looted my way through multiple cities and ended up with one blue one (a Nord bed) and 4 or 5 green ones. I found none in all of the pickpocketing I did and none when I killed a ton of human-type enemies - they were all from containers. But the drop rate on those doesn't seem too bad. They would be easily purchasable from guilds given time, since a lot of people loot everything.

I also spent much time checking out vendors across Tamriel to see what crafted items were able to be purchased. I was pleasantly surprised by the availability of garden items and went a little overboard decorating my outdoor spaces. The rest, however, is extremely lacking. It would be nice to have a few more options to get a starter home going, since finding recipes will take a good deal of time, and then you could work on upgrading.

One question I was left with after searching vendors and then the crown store list - how do we get a fire into the empty fireplaces? In the "fire" category in the crown store items, I found only one outdoor campfire and a bunch of useless log stacks. I ended up using a small cooking fire, which doesn't look great but at least it is burning. Am I missing something? And are these cooking fires something we will be able to craft at some point or is it crown store only? I would like a way to use my fireplaces without resorting to crowns.

One thing that I think is really needed is a way to view what recipes you have already learned. Since they are used at different craft stations (and frankly, sometimes these don't even make sense - like the stone bed I found that is made at the enchanting table) it is really hard to know what you have. If you want to build a bed for your house you have to run from station to station checking to see if you happen to have one, which is ridiculous. We need a window that can be opened to list what recipes are known and what station is needed to craft them, and maybe even a list of unknown recipes would be good too so that we know what is available. I'm sure someone will eventually create an addon for that but this seriously should just be implemented in the game.

After crafting and placing a few items, I noticed a couple of annoying things. First, rugs will often completely disappear, however I found the "retrieve" tab which I had failed to notice before so I was able to get them back. But even when placed on the ground and visible I had to use that tab on quite a few just to move them because they weren't targetable for some reason. Second, chairs are very finicky. I had two in which the sit function worked perfectly well, but when I relogged I was unable to sit on them with any character. Later on one character was able to sit on one of them (but not both). I hadn't ever moved them in this time. Also, the crown store (and craft and vendor for that matter) MUST make a note of which chairs are interactive. I wasted a bunch of crowns buying a few that didn't work at all in any location so I assume that some just don't work.

And I definitely agree with those that said that the crafting requires too many materials. What is with the amount of style materials needed? It seems way out of proportion and should be maybe 5 max, 1 for small items.

One suggestion I have - make the writ reward boxes have a chance to include some of the new materials, and maybe the chance to get a blue or purple recipe. That would make them less annoying since it will probably take a lot of writs for some of us to get crafting stations! (I have done 12+ now with no master writs)

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »

You nailed it very nicely :)

Exactly this!!
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also think the droprate for furnishing-specific mats (like Bast and Regulus and so on) needs to be slightly increased.

I get that it's an endgame long term sort of activity and also they can be bought quicker from the Crown Store, but furnishings use quite a lot of these mats up for very small items. A small but noticeable increase would be nice here.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    Yes, I attuned a set of Julianos stations and placed them. Have been doing most of my crafting there since then. I did buy some flags to hang around them. If you try and hang a flag where there is no wall, it vanishes completely. No longer in inventory, and cannot be found in the area to rehang on a wall.

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    I had trouble finding the recipe. I was pretty sure I had received it as part of the PTS goodie bags, but eventually went and got one with a writ reward. It said I knew it --- and it was an enchanting pattern. Wow. Didn't expect that. Anyway, I crafted one and placed it. Then fought it. It won.

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    Not yet.

Did you find any crafting recipes?
    Other than as a reward for a master writ, no. If these are RNG things, I expect not to find them. I haven't done any quyests ro dungeons or anything.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    For now I will wait till the EU servers are copied across so that I can see what my real characters can achieve. I have had a lot of UI errors trying to craft furniture.
    Edited by cyberjanet on January 9, 2017 11:21AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like crafting elitism is about to be a thing. Cracks me up! The fact that many of you have been playing for three years is awesome. Good show! I, however, have not. I have been playing ESO for slightly over one year. Fortunately, the gameplay seem to intuitively lead me to focus all of my gear crafting and motif learning on one character. Enchanting, provisioning, and alchemy were split between alts. Took me all of about 35 minutes on PTS to see the direction that housing crafting is headed. Rather than getting all wigged out about it, I spent yesterday afternoon leveling up my main "crafting" character to be maxed out in all six crafting/consumable skill lines. A wise man once said, "forewarned is forearmed."

The bigger issue for those of us who have not played for very long is trait research. My main crafting character is a night blade bow/2 hand so all of my trait research has been focused on medium armor, bows, and two-handed weapons. In a few days, I will finally finish up nine trait research in medium armor. Yea! Now the problem with Homestead is that attunable crafting stations only work when you're fully researched with nine traits so, this huge positive feature is not available to me. It's not your problem, it's not my problem, but it is a problem for ZOS if they expect me to dump any $$ on them for Homestead because I simply will not at this point. And, by the way, I speculate that there has been a vast population increase and I wonder how many of these new players will get frustrated because of housing crafting? Only time will tell.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A preview option before you craft is more needed than ever now.
    Same for purchasing items at those vendors.

Right now i try to create a garden for that tiny red guard house and only having the names isn't really helpful at all.

Yes I agree but not just for furniture, but its an immediate need for furniture and not that crown store preview, cause that doesn't allow us to see everything which is also a preview need.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    A problem I am seeing is that while a visitor could mouse over your homestead item and read what it is called, You yourself actually cannot view the item name in this way. The homeowner has to go into "Retrieve" and see what the item closest to them is called. This was a problem when I made, for instance, one of each Chandelier and put them out to evaluate their styles. I couldn't tell by mousing over them which one was which. I had to go into "Retrieve" to view their names.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »
    I must respectfully disagree. This rewards focusing. I specifically designated one character to be my crafter (my main). I spent the time and resources to fill out every research trait, every motif. I spent the skill points - and there they stay. I finally feel like I am being rewarded for this concentrated effort. I want to feel like I'm one of the select few who can craft some of the rarest items in the game.

I'd say it discourages focusing - unless it's focusing on one character only. Focusing on one profession is actively discouraged by this. People who have multiple crafting characters didn't spent any less time and resources on their research and motif hunt, so I don't see why people who want to be good with everything on one character should be rewarded for this.

People, you are overreacting.

If you indeed have all your woodworking, smithing and carpenting on the same character, you're very good. That character will naturally have all your motifs and traits learned. What does it take to level up enchanting, provisioning and alchemy? 2 hours and material costs that every one can afford. Come on, consumable crafts are rediculously easy to level up these days.
    Learn some (or all) of the alchemy traits on this character, learn all of the enchanting runes on the character, and buy as many recipes as you feel like, they cost like pocket money on every guild trader that are drowning in green recipes.

Do this and you will have the consumable crafts maxed out on your crafter as well, you dont even need to spend any skill points in the passives if you'd rather not.

Please don't make this more of an issue than it actually is, consumables are laughably easy to max out, the real grind is the 9 trait researching and the motif completion (and you don't need to do those either to obtain the Master Writs, it just improves your chance for the drops).

It took me a VERY long time to level up enchanting! it still take a long time

In terms of motif and such, when someone spreads crafting out, they choose the motif consumption based on the artwork within one of the three crafting categories.

This isn't an over reaction by any means because the game seems to want to merge requirements into one character but use is aligned by account.

Perhaps the crafting should be an account progress for motif and traits and that would ease some of the justified reactions to all of this. Others have asked for account wide crafting for a year plus.....

Its time to address this for this release by the devs
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you ask someone to comment on the possibilities of changing some crafting features to account wide as well as adding a preview in the crafting UI for all crafted items?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »
    I must respectfully disagree. This rewards focusing. I specifically designated one character to be my crafter (my main). I spent the time and resources to fill out every research trait, every motif. I spent the skill points - and there they stay. I finally feel like I am being rewarded for this concentrated effort. I want to feel like I'm one of the select few who can craft some of the rarest items in the game.

I'd say it discourages focusing - unless it's focusing on one character only. Focusing on one profession is actively discouraged by this. People who have multiple crafting characters didn't spent any less time and resources on their research and motif hunt, so I don't see why people who want to be good with everything on one character should be rewarded for this.

People, you are overreacting.

If you indeed have all your woodworking, smithing and carpenting on the same character, you're very good. That character will naturally have all your motifs and traits learned. What does it take to level up enchanting, provisioning and alchemy? 2 hours and material costs that every one can afford. Come on, consumable crafts are rediculously easy to level up these days.
    Learn some (or all) of the alchemy traits on this character, learn all of the enchanting runes on the character, and buy as many recipes as you feel like, they cost like pocket money on every guild trader that are drowning in green recipes.

Do this and you will have the consumable crafts maxed out on your crafter as well, you dont even need to spend any skill points in the passives if you'd rather not.

Please don't make this more of an issue than it actually is, consumables are laughably easy to max out, the real grind is the 9 trait researching and the motif completion (and you don't need to do those either to obtain the Master Writs, it just improves your chance for the drops).

It took me a VERY long time to level up enchanting! it still take a long time

Are you trolling me here? Maybe stop pressing the panic button and jump off the rage train and examine the facts here.

Devs said that to max your chance for enchanting writs, you need to translate the enchanting runes. Translate the enchanting runes. That's laughably easy, go create a handful of glyphs and you got everything translated. You can even sell the ones with Hakeijo and Kuta for added value and no gold lost! All other runes cost in between 1 and 30 gold coins. Come on and gimme a break.

As for leveling up enchanting, if it took you a VERY long time then I'm sorry but that's your ineptitude and not enchanting. With the added quantity of rune drops per node, you can buy stacks of 200 runes in every guild store for 600 gold. Have a friend create a truckload of glyphs for you, and decon them to level up your enchanting to 50 in 1 hour and for less than 3k gold.

There are things to be concerned about regarding master crafter writs, but maxing out your enchanting craft sure as heck isn't one of them.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 9, 2017 4:31PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand that it won't be done before this goes live, but Furniture Crafting simply needs its own crafting table. The current method is entirely too convoluted. You can craft a table from an enchating table, clothing station, blacksmithing station and woodworking station. Why not from an alchemy station too? Just no. Move all furniture crafting to its own table. Keep the same old crafting skill line requirements which is fine and mostly logical in nature, just make where the crafting is done simpler.
    Edited by Dominoid on January 9, 2017 6:12PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found one blueprint in a bag lying on the ground while out roaming. Only the one so far though.
    Have not been in long but trying to figure out where to get 'perfect pelts'.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    As to the crafting issue, I don't mind that it isn't account wide. I do have one Master crafter for all things - armor / food / enchantment etc. It works quite well and yes it did take a long time, as it should. She also has every motif that has come out so far as well. One stop craft shop.

I have also worked toward my other characters researching - it takes NOTHING but time to research. You just have to remember to start another item is all. Eventually they will all be there too but it doesn't really matter because there is my main.

I don't see why it should be account wide. Mounts are account wide, but the riding skills aren't. I see this as no different. If you make them account wide, then really, its kind of ridiculous. As it is, with champ points account wide I start a new character, they get to level 50 and BOOM they are all top level champ points. Feels kind of like... nothing left to work for really with them after that. It would be the same in crafting if it was made account wide so for me, that's a big NO. I think there are other more important things to look at before something like this.

Motifs? Non-issue, if one character has them, that's enough. I don't even worry about them for the other characters. If I stumble on a duplicate and its not high enough value to sell then I pass it to lower toons just so it gets used but no biggee.

• Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I WOULD like to see in furnishings is a way to craft a storage container. Even if it involved expensive blueprints or components and wasn't bottomless (like the Skyrim house ones). Some way to add storage to the homes I think really is a 'must have'.

Another option for both subs and non-subs as it could hold things the craft bag doesn't. Get them out of the bank and give non-subs a way to expand storage.

I would suggest something like this in the Crown store but I really would prefer it be a crafting thing. A gold blueprint maybe.
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »

Finding the materials seems to be a bit of a chore. I did find some heartwood, clean pelts, decorative wax, alchemical resin, regulus and bast. Have not found a Mundus rune.

I like crafting, and was looking forward to something new. But...I like the crafting in ESO I can actually craft things that are useful to me. So while it might be fun to craft items and decorate a house, I probably won't want to craft novelty items that require a large number of materials or rarer things like Kuta, etc.

The guy that sells craft stations, only for master craft reward vouchers is called Rolis Hlaalu, he only shows up at the writ delivery site (for me near Elden Root for instance) if you have a master crafters writ started or completed;
    but you need to have a char at master lvl of that craft for a chance to get those master writs randomly from your regular writ rewards- or, on PTS, to make template char with maxed crafts and some master writs given straight to inventory.
    Those writs reward vouchers you can buy all stations with. The writs will be tradeable so you can buy them from others if you dont get any; but so far the requirements/materials cost of making those writs are extremely high.
    And I feel very sry for a new/newish player who likes crafting that all the house stations are so far locked behind that master crafting system. I also feel sry for myself :p cause if the master writs will require as much gold/legendary materials to complete as now, not gonna get any stations from craft rewards myself or buying from others any time soon when this goes live, though propably soon getting at least some of my crafts to top lvl :(.
    But do not fret: the other, less "masterly" furniture crafting: all of the furniture crafting from the humblest recipies to the top also seems to require a huuuge amount of mats at the moment on PTS , but really I think at least that will be lowered a lot, its just way out of proportion atm for the game economy- I`d bet you will be able to craft a lot more, and find more recipies than now when it`s live.
    And remember to check out guild stores for recipies when its live, the prices will go down soon after the initial hype !

Oh and PS. ZOS, devs, powers that be, @ZOS_GinaBruno (sry Gina, so many invoking your name!) please make at least the dye station and cooking not tied to master writs, come on , everyone with a fireplace in their house should be able to cook after a few humble achievements at least, , and dye stations have never been tied to any craft! :) Would be an easy way to give something to do in the houses, besides hanging out , dueling (not everyones cup of tea), and decorating .

Thanks, I did eventually figure out that I needed to do a Master Crafting Writ. I stopped doing writs a while back. My main character is maxed in all crafts, and it just didn't seem worth it to do any longer. I completed some writs and was able to get one master writ, completed that, and then found the guy. So I guess if I want those crafting stations, I'll have to start doing some writs again and hope a bunch of master writs drop. And I agree - it's a bit painful to use those high tier mats. :(

And I did eventually find a Mundane Rune. Drop rates seem pretty low, I was actually thinking I didn't know if I actually wanted to use it because they are so hard to get and I should save it for something I really want to craft....And that's just on the PTS. I agree with you (and many others), the materials needed - both new and existing - seem too high.

I actually have found more recipies, but I had the opposite thought - I'm probably finding more on PTS than I will on live because when I've been playing I haven't seen many other people around. I would expect at launch, everyone is going to be looking for them and they'll be hard to come by. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Flashygrrl
    Flashygrrl
    ✭✭✭
    I personally was very frustrated to see how low drop rates were and how high the materials required were. 40 style stones for a nice chair? Insane. I've been crafting for a very long time now, I pay the sub to have the craft bag so I'm not jamming bank and mules space...if they don't adjust this it's a huge slap in the face for anyone who pays the sub for the bag, only to have it feel like a crown grab.

Also, as much as I know Master Writ means master....it's a bit frustrating to get one asking for the harder to get ones, especially if you're just not that kind of player. Can we keep it to the ones you find outside of trials, PvP and Crag? Don't care if you're still asking for 9 traits, as there has to be SOMETHING master about it and the traits aren't horribly difficult to get but there's been a huge run on motifs and stones.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having a very hard time finding furniture plans/schematics. Im searching all sorts of containers, mobs, stealing etc and so far i found only 3 green schematics.

I found more recipes and motifs (both blue and purple) than the schematics.

A higher drop rate is certainly recommended, since there are "thousands" of things you can craft and so far finding them is proving to be very hard for basic items.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really not talking about the abysmal drop rate of the materials needed to craft furniture in the first place?
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    Are we really not talking about the abysmal drop rate of the materials needed to craft furniture in the first place?

We should definitely talk about that. I went out and gathered everything my grubby little hands could get and drop rate for resins was at least for me, pretty bad. At the rate they were dropping for me, it would take weeks and weeks of doing not much in game other than harvesting and looting from containers to get enough together to really do much of anything with.

I really hope they significantly increase the drop rates for the resins so that people can actually make something.

Also, I must have been really unlucky, because I didn't find not one furniture plan. :(
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I put burning logs in my fireplace? I can not find it!

Overall I have had a lot of fun with housing. I finally settled on Mournoth in Bangkorai. I haven't had any issues decorating. It would be nice if for pcs like tables that you want to place next to each other they would snap into place if you wanted them to. Getting four tables to line up together was quite a challenge!

Only issue so far is I crashed twice after trying to port to a friends house that I didn't have permission to enter. I got the ESO has stopped working error after being returned home.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    How do I put burning logs in my fireplace? I can not find it!

I would like to know this also. Currently I'm using little cooking fires in my fireplaces, and I don't even know if those will be craftable when it goes live because I could only find them in the crown section.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »

This -needs- to change. I am all for grinding, but if the drop rates on the PTS are any indication, virtually nobody is going to even bother.

It will literally be more expensive to craft furniture than it will be to craft endgame armor... since you won't just need one piece of furniture, you'll need -hundreds- of items to decorate a house.

Nobody wants to spend months grinding mats before they can even start crafting.

Please fix this!
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms