The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Furnature crafting = new epic grind

No one is forced to do anything
    It's your own decision.

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »

It's your own decision.

Absolutely correct. And as it stands now, my decision is to completely ignore housing.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »

It's your own decision.

Yep and I can decide to unsub and take my money elsewhere because the direction this game is going in is not encouraging.

I don't mind some grind but this is going to be rediculous grind.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed quite a lot of items have 'duplicate' names (both in datamining but also in the ingame crownstore) and though the name is the same the item is usually different in aspect (well, for those I was able to find...) . Here is the list :

Banner of Peace, Tattered
    Carpet of the Desert Flame, Faded
    High Elf Bed, Winged
    High Elf Throne
    Map of Tamriel, Hanging
    Orcish Chair, Peaked
    Orcish Mask, Decorative
    Orcish Table, Formal
    Orcish Table, Kitchen
    Orcish Vessel, Sealed
    Remains, Bear
    Rock, Flat Mossy
    Stockade
    Stone, Stacked Desert
    Sweetroll
    Sweetrolls
    Tree, Mossy Forest
    Wedding Gazebo

(there may be some others )

I have begun taking pics of EVERY single furniture item to build up a visual database/gallery... (finished all conservatory buyable items tonight : 200 items)

Also, a lot of Stone, Stones, Pebbles are mixed up in the Trees or Plants category though they should belong to the Rocks Category :
    - pebble, Stacked grey wrongly belongs to plants (should be rocks)
    - Mushroom, Brown Gilled wrongly belongs to trees (should be plants)
    - all Stones, Stone Slabs, Stone wrongly belong to trees (should be rocks)
    - post, barnacle covered... a tree?? (should be block, maybe?)
    - rock, battered & slanted tan wrongly belong to trees (should be rocks)
    - Pebble, Cracked & pebble, Stacked Mossy & pebbles, stacked mossy wrongly belong to trees (should be rocks)

the Khajiit Column, Spiked (conservatory/block) is bugged and cannot be retrieved at all once placed in a house.

I hope you can do something about it

Tomorrow, I test Courtyard....

Edited by Llogwey on January 12, 2017 11:33PM
  • Keahizu
    Keahizu
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Furnishing Crafting. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?

No, I haven't been able to attune any crafting stations. I have the attunable stations in my inventory, but whenever I use it, the station is consumed but nothing else happens. I know there's suppose to be an animation, but it doesn't occur.

I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I saw someone else post that they were having the same problem, but I haven't been able to find that post again.
  • IHecate
    IHecate
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, console player here. I'm just wondering if you are able to dye your crafted furniture? I've seen dye stations that you can buy for your home but I'm not sure if that's only for armour/costumes or for all crafted items. Thanks
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    IHecate wrote: »
    Hi, console player here. I'm just wondering if you are able to dye your crafted furniture? I've seen dye stations that you can buy for your home but I'm not sure if that's only for armour/costumes or for all crafted items. Thanks

just armor and costumes.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keahizu wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread for Furnishing Crafting. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?

No, I haven't been able to attune any crafting stations. I have the attunable stations in my inventory, but whenever I use it, the station is consumed but nothing else happens. I know there's suppose to be an animation, but it doesn't occur.

I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I saw someone else post that they were having the same problem, but I haven't been able to find that post again.

I had the same issue. The crafting station vanished from my inventory, never to be seen again :(

I hope a way of deconstructing furniture is planned? What if a master crafter makes stuff, only to have the order canceled? What if a house is bought furnished, but some items need to be removed to add others? What if we decide we want to change some items after adding the max number of items? It would make more sense to have a chance at getting some mats back, rather than destroy or just have things sucking up inventory space.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking around the info on crafting furniture, and even buying the vendor sold stuff my over riding thought is that EVERYTHING is approx ten times too expensive to be considered anything like reasonable.

Very disappointed to be honest.

The more info I see on Homesteads the less reason I have for buying one.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Bug

High Elf Chandelier, Winged makes a creepy heavy breathing noise.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Bug
    Many chairs cause a character to clip into the back of the chair instead of sitting on the seat, when activated.
  • Mikesh
    Mikesh
    Soul Shriven
    Suggestion
    • To get a better overview of different available qualities and compare them, please list items of the “wrong” trade skill in red or grey at any crafting station with the note where one would need to go to craft the other item. Or since the required skills are checked anyway for mixed items, make every item craftable at either station.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Bug

High Elf Chandelier, Winged makes a creepy heavy breathing noise.

I'd given up on PTS because my attempt at playing "normally" without use of free stuff was getting frustrating.... but now I'm thinking I might have to take some time and log back in just to buy one of those and listen! Haha
    Keahizu wrote: »

Did you "use" the stations when you were right beside the corresponding set station? For me, I used one when standing next to a Julianos station, and it did this gold flashy animation and vanished. But then I found the Julianos version in my inventory. (However that later disappeared from my house anyway so they are evidently somewhat buggy)

• Keahizu
    Keahizu
    ✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    Did you "use" the stations when you were right beside the corresponding set station? For me, I used one when standing next to a Julianos station, and it did this gold flashy animation and vanished. But then I found the Julianos version in my inventory. (However that later disappeared from my house anyway so they are evidently somewhat buggy)

I did. I stood next to the station. I activated the station then used the attunable item. I moved to where there was plenty of room. I made sure I only had one attunable station in my inventory and no other furnishings. I used the item from my inventory and from the quick slots. I tried different crafting stations. Nothing works.

When I use the attunable station, there's a click and it's consumed. There's no flash or any sort of animation. Nothing appears in my inventory.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me how many thrones available and will there a king Emeric style one for those interested in Daggerfall Overlook manor.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is too much rakeipa in light sources. I suggest e.g. lanterns use meip, candles rakeipa, lamps oru and sconces dakeipa. They would still use huge amount of mats but no longer choke on one of them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have big guild flags and banners for our "guild houses" like the big flags and banners from DC,EP and AD. :smiley:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what i want:
    Screenshot_20170114_133822.png
    The red box was taken from crown shop preview. So the preview exists. all ZOS needs to do is glue that preview into crafting station UI.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CaptFuse
    CaptFuse
    Solutions: Specialty items that take different skills
    Most people do not master multiple skills (real life)
    Many Characters have split crafting up between different toons
    Example: (Blueprint): Tools, Case

Solution A: Make separately and combine
    Make the Metalworking piece: 10 Metalworking, (Regulus, Nickel)
    Make the Runecrafting piece: 6 Potency Improvements (Mundane Rune, Nickel)
    Make the Woodworking Piece: 10 Woodworking (Heartwood, Nickel, Rosin)
    You now have three different items, take to crafting area and combine for tool case
    Option: Make combining items across different skills a new skill in crafting.
    Option: Have a special crafting area for combining items.

Solution B: Have players group together at special crafting area to make item
    Player 1: 10 Metalworking, (Regulus, Nickel)
    Player 2: 6 Potency Improvements (Mundane Rune, Nickel)
    Player 3: 10 Woodworking (Heartwood, Nickel, Rosin)
    Option: Player that has all three required skills could do it on their own or could be split between two players.
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think this summarises furniture crafting so far:
    • Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • Previews would be very useful
    • All houses need a higher furnishing limit

That about sums it up in a nut shell. Now lets see if ZOS is listening.

Second all of this.. especially the number of style mats needed, I have been gathering since early launch and even the style mats I dont use I only have about 500 of, the ones I use, like breton and redguard I ahve about 300 of each, which may sound like a lot but if I want to make 12 breton goblets and each one takes 8 style mats that 500 wont last long at all.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people like myself that are or were excited for housing are going to find this very overwhelming! I already am overwhelmed and it isn't even live! The amount of items needed to craft the simplest thing like a bowl is insane! A little bit of a grind is fine but the grind to furnish a home now is way over the top! I can't imagine how a new player with very little is going to feel! I can't help but feel the crafting was made this way to encourage people to buy from the crown store and that makes me sad.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    I do not see any Archery Targets in a crafting station. Have I missed it, If not, could this be something we could see added?

Something else i think we could use:
    - Water surface lily pads
    - planters with dirt in them, either stone or wood.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 15, 2017 8:32AM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture Crafting is a bit too confusing currently, there are way too many recipes distributed over all 6 different craft stations and it can get pretty overwhelming trying to keep track of what goes where.

Can I suggest a new type of craft table that handles ALL types of furniture, with a UI similar to the provisiong fire UI? Have different sections for Designs/Praxis/Blueprints/etc. similar to how Ragout/Entremet/Delicacies are all separate under the provisioning fire UI. This makes it much more easy to track what "recipes" I know or do not know without having to run to 6 different locations. Similar to the dye stations it could just be one per zone.

Given that certain furnishings may require knowledge of multiple trade skills like the canopy bed, I think having one craft station meant specifically for furniture would lessen the confusion greatly.

The ability to see the identity of "unknown" recipes/plans would also be a nice addition, especially for provisioners as well.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.7.1 feedback:

Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    I honestly forgot to try. Was too busy.

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    Yes. However, since they move when they are used, it's possible for them to end up in a state where they cannot be used again. If this happens, you need to go into the Housing Editor, pick them up and replace them. This gets rid of the yellow "cannot interact with object" outline.

Did you find any crafting recipes?
    I did not play the game as I usually would - no dungeon or delve playing, so I did not find any recipes except for those sold by vendors. I feel that vendors should sell both white and green recipes. The handful of white items are extremely limited in scope and are basically a waste of time and gold - who wants an ugly crate or a hard wooden stretcher in their house?

Do you have any other general feedback?
    The plural for the Enchanting recipes should be Praxes, not "Praxises".

As several other players have suggested, I do feel that characters should begin with knowledge of their own racial style. This is particularly true for Imperials, considering that Nibenese style does not appear to be craftable, and Colovian style is not in the game yet.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Cause I`m lazy (and my Eu chars were not yet available) my template char was not equipped with weapons, battle skills or armor and did not venture to test any delves or such to test looting recipies, just thieving around cities with maxed legerdemain ;).

[*] Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    Normal ones given free to the template char yes, placed, and they worked. Sry, did not try attuned , sort of lost interest or felt a bit frustrated cause master writs or (even the normal and dye station) craft stations costs would be way out of my reach on live for a long long time .
    [*] Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    No; Same as above.
    [*] Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    Template char received the "learn 50 recipies" achievements after using her free recipes book. Not interesting to me, cause no reward or title; maybe add a special bound furniture item or recipe as reward for those?
    [*] Did you find any crafting recipes?
    Yes. Went through containers in Vulkhel guard beach and bank (twice) , Vulkhel mages and fighters, some in Rawl`Kha streets and all inside the Rawl tavern (twice), Daggerfall docks, Daggerfall mages guild, some in Daggerfall castle, around Abah`s Watch streets, Abah mages guild, some on Skywatch streets. (Plus a container here and there in other places) My recipe findings; a closed sack, an open basket , a small redguard shelf, an orc brazier and a blue quality nord wagon. Plus A wheelbarrow recipe that strangely disappeared from a trunk cause I did not loot it at once: I swiftly murdered the witness who was parked next to the trunk, then I swear the recipe was not there anymore but some other item :p .(That was in The Waxing Crescent upstairs in Rawl.) All and all; not too good, not too bad droprate; ok if you just rush through containers looting only recipies..
    But, this would have taken a long time on live of course if a player had also been looting the treasure items etc, plus fencing and deconning the loot . Now I just peeked in the containers and rushed on . (By the way was a bit annoying searching for housing recipies and keep finding so many regular "treasure" dishes, pillows and decorations etc. that can not be used in your house . Maybe add a rare chance of small usable housing items to the thievery lists? )

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    (Maybe some of my concerns will be fixed with the new patch thats right now in progress...)
    -I`m really all for taking the time with decorating my house/s, love the idea of a long term project both with the crafting and the (wonderfull, by the way) achievement furnishing: however, I still think the craft costs are too high. Even small and pretty common looking items eat up a lot of tannins and tempers for instance, frustrating choises, less fun, more grind...And not very immersive either, at least the roughest/commonest items should be a lot less costly to make.
    -Maybe chars could start knowing just a couple of rough/common recipies of their race? Or some simple racial recipies could be sold at local vendors?
    -Fires. And cooking. I really think cooking should not be gated behind master writs, but available at all the fire items that are actually in a category called "cooking stations", though they are just light items now.
    Also, speaking of lights, simple useable fires, cooking or not, but those fires you can light should be available to be bought from vendors or craftable without much skill. (None of the firelogs I found on vendors could be lit.)
    -Preview would be a must, and I heard you are working on it, great to hear!
    -Account wide furniture bag, like the Crafting bag, but for non subs too, with an item limit, that would be so good.
    -Nice to hear youve added rare chance of paintings in treasure chest, very nice, consider adding some other small knickknacks too, especially to the thieves loot lists ;)
    -As a whole I love the housing, and the crafting part too, recipe hunt seems exiting.
    Just wish crafting was a bit less grindy, would still leave housing things to do for years even, and I bet it would not eat away from crown sales but quite the opposite.
    If people are having more fun and less grind with housing, I think they would be more easily "lured" into sometimes buying stuff with crowns: feeling positive about treating themselves for some extra housing goodies, instead of with too much grind feeling they are being "pushed" to buy with crowns and thus getting negative feelings with the crown store?

Edited by Miaura on January 16, 2017 4:02PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you can unlock a boat! anyone have pic of the boat? Love get an idea of size and style :)
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Adjusted the material price of several recipes. This improves consistency, and generally reduces the number of style items required."

Can someone confirm how many mats it costs to craft things now?
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear you can unlock a boat! anyone have pic of the boat? Love get an idea of size and style :)

The master fisher achievement gives a "Fishing Vessel". Someone said it's bigger than some of the small houses. Haven't seen it personally and I don't have the achievement to check it out.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely astounded that my character can't cook in her own home. Yegads. That's only the most basic of all things to be able to do in your own home. You should be able to buy a (craptastic) bed, and you should be able to cook, both from Day 1.

I'm a newer player to ESO (although a veteran Elder Scrolls gamer), and the character I play now is level 39. It looks like she won't be able to do any of the writs for furniture AT ALL, since she's not high enough level to be able to find any of the ingredients for the furniture crafting. That saddens me. I've love to be able to jump into my game when the update goes live, and buy an empty house, and have fun filling it slowly with items. It doesn't look like I'll be able to do it, though, until my character is a higher level. So she'd be living in an empty house for a long, long time.

I only just began playing the test server, though, so maybe I'm wrong about this. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

The master fisher achievement gives a "Fishing Vessel". Someone said it's bigger than some of the small houses. Haven't seen it personally and I don't have the achievement to check it out.

"Bigger than a small house" is a bit of hyperbole. :smile: I am a Master Angler and while my character copy was wiped in the last PTS patch (so I can't give you an exact picture), it was roughly the size of the small skiffs at Vulkhel docks. Substantial enough to be arresting but able to fit in the water in Sleek Creek House. It has a sail that is wrapped and hung vertical so the profile is narrow enough to squeeze in there.