Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Furnishing Crafting. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
  • Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
  • Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
  • Did you find any crafting recipes?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback.

Crafting should be account wide in terms of motif, and research.

Why: because housing is account wide and it requires multiple crafting lines and differing ranks.

This was never before tied together so you're throwing ppl off here.

It makes it hard to test too cause for some reason on PC I stopped and started on two different characters but on Xbox live server one is 9trait and 50 in all as well as passives.

Kinda means I would only do housing crafting on one character but this is account based feature.

Odd on the player crafting end only.

Al else makes sense
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    I must respectfully disagree. This rewards focusing. I specifically designated one character to be my crafter (my main). I spent the time and resources to fill out every research trait, every motif. I spent the skill points - and there they stay. I finally feel like I am being rewarded for this concentrated effort. I want to feel like I'm one of the select few who can craft some of the rarest items in the game.
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    One question- is target skeleton a boss? Is Minor Slayer buff apply to it?
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback.

Crafting should be account wide in terms of motif, and research.

Why: because housing is account wide and it requires multiple crafting lines and differing ranks.

This was never before tied together so you're throwing ppl off here.

It makes it hard to test too cause for some reason on PC I stopped and started on two different characters but on Xbox live server one is 9trait and 50 in all as well as passives.

Kinda means I would only do housing crafting on one character but this is account based feature.

Odd on the player crafting end only.

Al else makes sense

I agree with this. Motifs and research should finally be account wide.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Light_Bringer17
    Edit - just forget alllll that stuff I wrote. *goes back to PTS and actually tests stuff*
    Edited by Light_Bringer17 on January 4, 2017 10:21PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crafting recipes yet, save for the few you can buy. Maybe look at improving the drop rate a little. Especially for the basic furniture like chairs and tables and beds etc.

Right off the bat, I think people should be able to craft the basic furniture, be it by being able to buy the plans, being given some plans by the dude who gives you the deeds to the inn room, or something else. Not being able to craft even the most basic of furniture for one's own dwelling seems slightly counter productive. I can imagine a lot of newbies being put off by this grind.

Going to test the other stuff tomorrow night! :smile:

Edited by JD2013 on January 4, 2017 11:53PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    I must respectfully disagree. This rewards focusing. I specifically designated one character to be my crafter (my main). I spent the time and resources to fill out every research trait, every motif. I spent the skill points - and there they stay. I finally feel like I am being rewarded for this concentrated effort. I want to feel like I'm one of the select few who can craft some of the rarest items in the game.

I very much agree with this. Crafting in ESO is quite easy, and pretty much everyone levels up crafting skills across a selection of their characters. Seeing as we have no appearance changing function yet, motifs are also pretty much a gold sink and superfluous.

Finally we who have dedicated tons of time, gold and effort into becoming master crafters can reap some rewards. Having all traits learned across the board, obtained every motif, and obtained every recipe in the game should come with some perks. Those of us who have actually done it will know how insane a grind it is.

So thank you for acknowledging this, and please keep the system as it is. I like the synergy between crafting skill lines now, all the various crafting skill lines tie into one another, and you have to master several of them in order to make the most demanding of the housing furniture.

I also like that you are making trash mats actually matter now. Green and blue aspect runes (but what happened to all the Ta), blue, green and purple tempers for crafting recipes etc. Very nicely done. I am still missing some things though, why do all provisioning recipes for housing require frost mirriam and bervez juice? Could you not have made a bit more variety? What about style mats, as of now, all of the housing decorations require the basic racial style mats as well as Nickel, but what about the exotic style mats, we have a huge abundance of them in the game right now - please make use of them as well, for the most exotic housing decorations.

Alright, I know you're just getting started, but I hope to see more of this later on. Crafting is finally starting to feel more like it did in Skyrim, a plethora of recipes for everything, an abundance of crafting materials everywhere in the world, some easy to find, some very rare - and I like this direction you're going very much.

Later on, I hope you add even more elaborate recipes for crafting, and that you also make use of many of the other crafting materials, including stuff from the DLCs. That would be an awesome addition to this.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're being rewarded for a very sub-optimal crafting skill allocation. I would guess the vast majority of crafters split their crafting into at least two characters: one for all the trades that require motifs and one for the consumables.

We did this while leveling in order to have an adequate number of skill points to use for character playing abilities and crafting. There is no doubt that eventually you will acquire enough skill points to have all crafting on one character and still have solo PVE, group PVE and PVP flexibility. But while you're leveling? No way unless you're very focused on just one role in one type of play.

I don't think "rewarded" for your crafting choice is the right term. I think "penalized" for doing it the way most of us did it is more accurate.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

You're being rewarded for a very sub-optimal crafting skill allocation. I would guess the vast majority of crafters split their crafting into at least two characters: one for all the trades that require motifs and one for the consumables.

We did this while leveling in order to have an adequate number of skill points to use for character playing abilities and crafting. There is no doubt that eventually you will acquire enough skill points to have all crafting on one character and still have solo PVE, group PVE and PVP flexibility. But while you're leveling? No way unless you're very focused on just one role in one type of play.

I don't think "rewarded" for your crafting choice is the right term. I think "penalized" for doing it the way most of us did it is more accurate.

I consider it the most optimal crafting allocation. I have to log only once to do all 6 writs - and there are more than enough skill points to have all passives, all weapon lines maxed and a few guild/world skills
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »

I consider it the most optimal crafting allocation. I have to log only once to do all 6 writs - and there are more than enough skill points EVENTUALLY to have all passives, all weapon lines maxed and a few guild/world skills

FTFY

It's a whole different story for a new player with a single character who enjoys all parts of the game... if you can remember back that far.
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to successfully attune and place a Clothing Crafting Stations but when I came back to the home after a few hours the Station I Attuned had vanished
    and its not in my Retrieve list in the housing editor :(
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well on Xbox one it's all under one crafter but geez research and motifs aren't asking to remove anyone's effort and time.

The skills, passives and leveling still have to occur.
    @evedgebah
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people split their crafting between multiple characters, others do not. I like having everything on one character. Now, the interesting part for me is that I might have achievements on various alts that I do not have on my main. I do most content with my main, but sometimes I'm on an alt and get some random achievement. So I might have to go and gather up some missing ones on her. And I am fine with doing that. I will be testing things out tonight. I haven't seen if you NEED to have all crafting maxed on one character to get the most benefit out of this or not. I can see how that may annoy some people who planned differently.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, are the "plan" drops intelligent? Meaning, if I'm searching for Argonian housing "plans" will I have better luck in Shadowfen? Or is the RNG world based? TIA.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not found an blueprints yet. I know they are placed out in the world but we don't really have the luxury of going to look for them at traders in the PTS, so perhaps making them much higher drops here would be more helpful. If we can't actually test it then that would kind of waste the point of all this would it not?
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭

I consider it the most optimal crafting allocation. I have to log only once to do all 6 writs - and there are more than enough skill points EVENTUALLY to have all passives, all weapon lines maxed and a few guild/world skills

FTFY

It's a whole different story for a new player with a single character who enjoys all parts of the game... if you can remember back that far.

Then it gives the new player something to work towards instead of everything just given to them on a silver platter.

I'm not sure about the person you quoted but I can certainly remember how it was when I was new to the game and that doesn't sway my opinion at all. I can also remember back when it would take days, if not weeks, to accomplish things in MMOs. Now it seems everyone just wants everything handed to them the moment they start the game so they can get bored and move onto the next MMO.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A preview option before you craft is more needed than ever now.
    Same for purchasing items at those vendors.

Right now i try to create a garden for that tiny red guard house and only having the names isn't really helpful at all.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »

FTFY

Then it gives the new player something to work towards instead of everything just given to them on a silver platter.

I'm not sure about the person you quoted but I can certainly remember how it was when I was new to the game and that doesn't sway my opinion at all. I can also remember back when it would take days, if not weeks, to accomplish things in MMOs. Now it seems everyone just wants everything handed to them the moment they start the game so they can get bored and move onto the next MMO.

It has nothing to do with "everything just given to them on a silver platter" lol. Not everything is about that. You need to pick your spots better if you want to use that cliche appropriately.

Whether you craft with 1, 2, 3 or 6 characters is a personal choice that until this patch made very little difference other than having to collect motifs more than once if you chose to split your crafting in that way. But with this update and gold crafting recipes you can get with master writs requiring multiple crafting skills there is now, for the first time, a crafted item reason to lump your crafting into a single character.

This is a change... and a big one. It doesn't "reward" anyone in the sense that there was never before a compelling reason to do it - those of you who did it that way weren't doing it "right" it was just a choice. Now 3 years later there is a reason to lump crafting into one character. And it's not a simple matter of "adjusting" when 9-trait research takes literally months to complete.

So take your "silver platter" and... hide it somewhere.
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »

FTFY

But with this update and gold crafting recipes you can get with master writs requiring multiple crafting skills there is now, for the first time, a crafted item reason to lump your crafting into a single character...
    Dont get it. Why you need to do it on single character?
    You have master provisioner you doing provisioning writ, master enchanter- you doing enchanting writ, with woodworker- wood working writ etc.
    With every of this chars you have same chance on master writ in their field of specialization, that you would have on one char that is master in everything. Only difrence is that you must to relog alot.

Ref:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656134#Comment_3656134
    Edited by bitels on January 5, 2017 5:04AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi -
    • Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?

I did receive the Apprentice Decorator achievement ... which was nice!

• Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?

I was able to attune and place the 5-piece set crafting stations just fine.

HOWEVER, I am not able to hover over them to actually craft armor and gear (5-piece set or vanilla). Please see screenshots below which are out of house editor mode. Notice that I can interact with the brazier right next to the crafting stations.

MXvd7ig.png

El47LNI.png

jVxkQ73.png

xkuIzR5.png

• Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    I am one of those people who split my crafting between 2 characters, over years. So I did put in the hard work, the same as someone who did it all on one character, but as was said, this is a change, a big one, because many of us leveled several characters at launch simultaneously and we had the flexibility of allocating our skill points as we saw fit, as this was not a concern. If certain items can only be crafted by a character who meets a certain crafting requirement in several crafts, that could be a problem for many of us. I think it is a valid concern.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?
    Yes, I was able to place all of the crafting stations in my home. HOWEVER, if they highlight and you place them anyways, you will not be able to actually use them. You will need to move them until they no longer appear highlighted. Would be nice to have something about that mentioned.

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?
    Yes, no problem there. I learned somewhere other than through you guys though where I needed to go to actually make the thing.

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?
    I did receive a couple for decorating. I tried out a bunch of things. It was fun.

Did you find any crafting recipes?
    I found ONE. For a filled cup of some kind. I thought that was OK. I need BIG STUFF though to start out with. Cups and things are not going to be on my top 5 things to place.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    The accolade seller in Auridon, I could not interact with her at all. And at one point she just vanished while I was trying to interact with her. It was strange.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    bitels wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    One question- is target skeleton a boss? Is Minor Slayer buff apply to it?

Tested this and minor slayer does not affect the skeleton. Probably has to do with houses not being considered dungeons. It would be nice if minor slayer did affect the skeletons since most of the people using them are going to be preparing and practicing for dungeons and trials and many of them will have minor slayer.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Furnishing Crafting. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you find any crafting recipes?

You can find some very basic recipes on vendors such as the blacksmith, clothier and woodworker. I have found some green recipes from thieving in houses.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    No crafting recipes yet, save for the few you can buy. Maybe look at improving the drop rate a little. Especially for the basic furniture like chairs and tables and beds etc.

Right off the bat, I think people should be able to craft the basic furniture, be it by being able to buy the plans, being given some plans by the dude who gives you the deeds to the inn room, or something else. Not being able to craft even the most basic of furniture for one's own dwelling seems slightly counter productive. I can imagine a lot of newbies being put off by this grind.
    Agreed. I kinda broke this part of the testing by opening the "Furnishing Plan MegaBook" or whatever it was called from the template character. At least I have an idea of all the recipes, and there's hundreds of them!

Equally I must disagree with that. This isn't a reward for focusing, this is a reward for branching out. I specifically designated each character to be focused on two crafts (one equipment, one consumable). As such, it doesn't look like I'll be able to do any furniture crafting on any of my characters.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things on crafting from the other thread:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Pandorii wrote: »
    It took me a while to figure out how to craft furniture, so for the sake of ease, I was buying them with crowns for atrocious costs of like 400 crowns for a purple quality chair. Apparently, it's from provisioning tables and alchemy tables, which really didn't make sense. Why would I make a wooden table anywhere other than the woodworking station?
    Agreed. I saw no intuition behind it either. There were some plans at the Alchemy table, for example, which required Potency Improvement and Metalworking; no mention of Solvent Proficiency at all! But I did use the "All Furnishing Plans" item from the templates, so theoretically I have all the possible options available, so maybe I can make a list of where you go to craft everything (that's going to take forever).

Furniture should not take up space in inventory. Retrieving items from furnished housing fills up the players inventory and all of it is bound. No way can we store all this stuff unless we place it randomly all over the house. Players are going to have to buy houses just to store extra housing items lolol.
    Agreed. I was really not expecting them all to be put into the same inventory as everything else. (There's over 2000 new items and no new bag space? Ludicrous.) There needs to be a new inventory tab, like Quest Items, where Furnishings can go without taking up space. Or better yet, just send them straight to the Housing Editor and don't put them in the inventory at all, then when it comes to selling/trading the items, add a new top-level tab for Furnishings.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what exactly would be different for you, if motifs and research trait would become acount wide? To get every motif, every trait and stuff requires the same amount of work, dedication and skill points whether you do it on one toon or on several. With your one char you do even less then those who worked up more than one crafter alt.

Especially if you try to roleplay different types of chars, this system is dump. No master alchemist ever mastered cloth, wood and steel as well.

If homes are accountwide, so should be crafting stats and achievements!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The very first motif that came out that was broken down into 14 pages and took ages to collect, rather than being 1 easy to find book, should have told you that splitting crafting between characters was not the way forward - that is when I consolidated all my crafting onto one character, and since then I've had ample time to level each skill to 50 and do full 9 trait research.

In fact because I don't neglect anything on any of my characters, I have 10 out of 12 with skill of 50 and max rank on all crafting skills (the other 2 characters are just lacking enchanting, 1 of them is nearly at 50 though).
    Edited by Epona222 on January 5, 2017 10:40AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say it discourages focusing - unless it's focusing on one character only. Focusing on one profession is actively discouraged by this. People who have multiple crafting characters didn't spent any less time and resources on their research and motif hunt, so I don't see why people who want to be good with everything on one character should be rewarded for this.
    Epona222 wrote: »
    The very first motif that came out that was broken down into 14 pages and took ages to collect, rather than being 1 easy to find book, should have told you that splitting crafting between characters was not the way forward - that is when I consolidated all my crafting onto one character, and since then I've had ample time to level each skill to 50 and do full 9 trait research.

Erm, that the Dwemer motif was split into 14 chapter back then was exactly what _helped_ crafting on multiple characters. I don't understand why you would think otherwise? It was an enormous benefit that I just had to get staff, bow and shield for my woodworker, for example. Otherwise I would have to get the much rarer full book for each crafter - which is also precisely the reason why I only have the Imperial motif on one of my crafters.
    Edited by Faulgor on January 5, 2017 11:22AM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

I'd say it discourages focusing - unless it's focusing on one character only. Focusing on one profession is actively discouraged by this. People who have multiple crafting characters didn't spent any less time and resources on their research and motif hunt, so I don't see why people who want to be good with everything on one character should be rewarded for this.

People, you are overreacting.

If you indeed have all your woodworking, smithing and carpenting on the same character, you're very good. That character will naturally have all your motifs and traits learned. What does it take to level up enchanting, provisioning and alchemy? 2 hours and material costs that every one can afford. Come on, consumable crafts are rediculously easy to level up these days.
    Learn some (or all) of the alchemy traits on this character, learn all of the enchanting runes on the character, and buy as many recipes as you feel like, they cost like pocket money on every guild trader that are drowning in green recipes.

Do this and you will have the consumable crafts maxed out on your crafter as well, you dont even need to spend any skill points in the passives if you'd rather not.

Please don't make this more of an issue than it actually is, consumables are laughably easy to max out, the real grind is the 9 trait researching and the motif completion (and you don't need to do those either to obtain the Master Writs, it just improves your chance for the drops).