The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I basically can't find Decorative Wax anywhere...either the drop rate is incredibly low, or this item doesn't drop from looted barrels and so on, nor does it drop from stolen barrels etc. It's supposed to be used in crafting Provisioning furnishings.

Where does this item drop?

*edit* I found ONE Decorative Wax from looting a radish, about the 200th food related item I looted. No recipe drops out of any of the barrels/crates/sacks either.

The drop rate is busted, needs to be greatly increased.

I found some wax and recipes in Auridon and Cyrodiil yesterday, one recipe was for Pumpkin Display which when crafted was a large pumpkin
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Six0
    Six0
    Does anyone know if furniture recipes/blueprints/schematics/whatever drop from treasure map chests?
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six0 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if furniture recipes/blueprints/schematics/whatever drop from treasure map chests?

I didn't get anything homestead related, I only had 5 treasure maps though
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think this summarises furniture crafting so far:
    • Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • Previews would be very useful
    • All houses need a higher furnishing limit

This. Yes
  • TaranWanderer
    TaranWanderer
    ✭✭
    Need a couple questions answered:

1) Why are we creating new base materials for furniture- why can't someone create chairs (of different styles and colors and shapes and sheens) the way weapons are made? You know, a chair made from a level one crafting material looks different than one made from a level 10 crafting mat and has quality levels the way weapons do white, green, blue, purple and gold?? All you did was create a new craft with additional requirements to keep people grinding. What happened to the longevity reward? Or crafting investment? Or holding on to your mats so you could DO something with it rather than stockpiling to do crafting writs on 8 toons a day?

2) Do I REALLY need to buy the blueprints for every piece of furniture I make? Does anyone remember the way crafting writs are introduced IN GAME? "I need you to make such and such. Oh, I am already an experienced crafter. WELL, in that case, I will just certify you immediately." Level 10 in crafting should MEAN something, especially in furniture making.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zariah wrote: »

This. Yes

Still yes after all these weeks. Mehinks the extra grind is deliberate as inconvenience by design.

What I'm still failing to comprehend is why this type of crafting should be so much grindier than other types of crafting. Is it just because the other ones predate the crown shop and this one doesn't? Can we expect more of this grindy same when and if jewelry crafting is added?
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been decorating the large Altmer house today, and what is up with the Altmer chandelier? Not only does it have blue flames which looks completely out of place with all of the Altmer decor and other Altmer lights (it kind of reminds me of a dark anchor, really daedric-y looking and not elegant at all, like the rest of the Altmer furnishings) But its also really really LOUD :lol: It sounds like a waterfall or a thunderstorm or something, I have had to turn the sound off on my game because its just too much, although I will probably end up having to remove them anyway because they look so out of place...
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 29, 2017 5:03PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Zariah wrote: »

This. Yes

Still yes after all these weeks. Mehinks the extra grind is deliberate as inconvenience by design.

What I'm still failing to comprehend is why this type of crafting should be so much grindier than other types of crafting. Is it just because the other ones predate the crown shop and this one doesn't? Can we expect more of this grindy same when and if jewelry crafting is added?

My guess is all the extra grinding for mats and blueprints which have a very low drop rate is mean to push people into buying things in the crown store. I wonder if it's going to be like sims blue light special. Beds, couches all sort of things for a few thousand crowns each. Goodbye ESO. Hello Sims. Except EA was better with the sims. You could get the stuff you wanted from downloads for free. As far as I can tell based on what people have reported, we are going to need to fork over a mint because I doubt they will be giving away things for cheap based on what we have seen lately with upward price drift for motifs and mounts.

So glad I am now taking a long break from this game (or perhaps a permanent one). Research and the rare dungeon run is it for me. Hello new games!
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 29, 2017 8:38PM
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda busy atm so I can't test this out myself so could someone tell me if you earn furnishing materials from all surveys? Or just woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing? Thanks!
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a template...and I can only seem to craft Argonian and Dark Elf furniture this rotation. Is that intended somehow? Or a bug? Or am I just doing it wrong?
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    I made a template...and I can only seem to craft Argonian and Dark Elf furniture this rotation. Is that intended somehow? Or a bug? Or am I just doing it wrong?

This is a bug carried over from v2.7.3
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Greaaaatttttt. Is there any way to fix it?
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    Kinda busy atm so I can't test this out myself so could someone tell me if you earn furnishing materials from all surveys? Or just woodworking, blacksmithing and clothing? Thanks!

According to today's patch notes you will not receive furnishing materials from ANY surveys. Which stinks big time.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is really annoying... At least before we had characters who had read the old 'unbroken' book, but now we can no longer craft furniture for our houses on pts, unless we go and farm motifs...
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »

This is really annoying... At least before we had characters who had read the old 'unbroken' book, but now we can no longer craft furniture for our houses on pts, unless we go and farm motifs...

ZOS wants us to test out blueprint drop rates, so they can then ignore our feedback.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »

According to today's patch notes you will not receive furnishing materials from ANY surveys. Which stinks big time.

Yeah I saw...like why? Make the grind tedious in the beginning to encourage crown store sales?
    - - -
    - - -
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »

Yeah I saw...like why? Make the grind tedious in the beginning to encourage crown store sales?

Good thing they gave us absolutely no reason to purchase a house outside of the "fun" of it, since there's no storage or interactivity. So in short, screw it. Maybe in a year if they've added some functionality, but otherwise I'm ignoring housing.
  • KOSxX
    KOSxX
    Instead of this grinding insanity, ZOS should of made Homestead a purchasable expansion that included more functionality, storage and less grind and in turn, given us Morrowind for free.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KOSxX wrote: »
    Instead of this grinding insanity, ZOS should of made Homestead a purchasable expansion that included more functionality, storage and less grind and in turn, given us Morrowind for free.

What. No thanks I'll take actual content over fluff anyday xD Homestead will just require investment, I'm just confused as to whether my surveys are useless now or not.
    - - -
    - - -
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully attune and place Crafting Stations in your home?

Yes

Were you able to create, place and use Target Skeletons?

Yes

Did you receive any achievements tied to Furnishing Crafting? Did you find them to be interesting?

Not that interesting or important to me.

Did you find any crafting recipes?

Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?

tem Crafting

The number of mats required is far too high. Seriously - 30 style mats for a bear pelt that doesn't even look like a bear? While it is nice to have a use for these accumulated mats, the costs make it impossible to decorate in one style for anything beyond a small home. I had 700-1000 of each style and that seemed totally inadequate due to the excessive mat costs.

Writs

This was a total turn-off to me and made me think that the whole purpose of writs was to burn resources so that you would have to make purchases in the crown store. To be honest I was very close to doing a rage quit from the game and canceling the sub I have had since launch. I have played since early beta and this is the worst thing to come down the pike as far as I am concerned.

Writs make decorating a home far too hard. This should be a fun feature that everyone can enjoy instead of some tedious long exercise to acquire expensive mats and other expensive items to make stuff that has a low return on investment.

Why do we want homes? Well for me it is because I want a place where I go craft quietly away from towns where folks congregate to display all their abilities and such. Making it hard to get something this basic just is annoying.

I think FO4 did a much better job of providing players with the ability to get crafting stations fairly easily so they could enjoy their player homes within settlements.

And get rid of that sourpuss character Rolis. There is no need to have an NPC that is nasty for writs. Is this a subliminal message that ZOS dislikes crafters and wants players to use the crown store? Sure seems that way.

Aside from that, the cost of items seems way too high and the number of writs you earn seems far too low.

Drop Rate

Way too low. Frustrating.
  • Zourem
    Zourem
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone else has tried/experienced this, but if you put furniture to deep inside walls it is impossible to retrieve them.

It would be wise to have some sort of undo option to revert these kind of mistakes.

If this option already exists pardon me for bringing this up.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zourem wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has tried/experienced this, but if you put furniture to deep inside walls it is impossible to retrieve them.

It would be wise to have some sort of undo option to revert these kind of mistakes.

If this option already exists pardon me for bringing this up.

I've done this too, there's a retrieve tab in the housing editor that allows you to get things back. Also, I would recommend retrieving all items when you first purchase a house, whether furnished or unfurnished, as occasionally items are duplicated and with the slots being so precious you won't want duplicate items taking up space

edit: forgot to quote
    Edited by ixie on February 5, 2017 2:28PM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade