The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *should put this in another section, ignore post*
    Edited by Betheny on January 10, 2017 8:24AM
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    I think the material cost for some items is a bit too high, 40 racial style stones for one thing is crazy!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store Preview

The crown store preview for large items doesn't allow me to view the whole item. Please take a look at this issue so that we can preview items before purchasing. Simply scrolling out to view the large item would be very helpful. This currently seems to be disabled.

YES. This was driving me crazy. I would hate to spend 400 actual Crowns on a tapestry I can't even see!

And it goes without saying that a Crafting Station Preview should also have this feature.
    Streamlined Categories for both Crafting and the Housing Editor

Here's my suggestions for more intuitive categories:

Create a Lighting category for ALL lighting.

Hearth/Parlor/Suite/Shrine/Gallery are interesting descriptive categories and all, but you could consolidate these categories to save a lot of time and frustration for crafters/decorators.

Please change categories to:

Lighting - Braziers, lanterns, lamps, light-posts, candles etc.
    Furniture - any furniture item whether it's indoor or outdoor goes into this category.
    Decorations - Paintings, tapestries, carpets, vases, display food and drink, anything that is a decoration.

Basically, don't categorize by room - categorize by item. We're not searching for a room, we're searching for an item.

YES YES YES. The current categories are not at all intuitive. I should not need to flip through multiple rooms just to find the candle I need... I should be able to intuit where the candle is through clear categories, and see it in a list alongside all other lighting options for comparison. Please make this change.

Placed mounts and pets don't stay in place. When I leave and come back, they disappear.

A bit unrelated, but I had that happen, too, and only with a few of them. My monkey was apparently happy to stay on the kitchen counter, but the wolf mount hopped right back into my inventory as soon as I was gone for a few minutes. Guess he didn't like being left alone.

---

Overall, I'll echo what others have said about "crafting costs too high, drops too low." More than just in the standard mat sense, too... my sister tried to get a crafting station by farming for writ vouchers, and got 8 as a reward for a legendary item. Given the prices on the voucher merchant, that is an absolutely painful amount of gold items spent to get even the most basic crafting station.

As Santie Claws so eloquently put it, the current rates cross the line from challenging to frustrating. I want this system to be something I have to work to achieve... something I can spend months working at to get my house how I want it. But I look at these material costs, and I don't see months of rewarding work... I see mindless grinding that I have no intention of ever doing. Sure, I'll shell out the odd Crown every now and then, but I have no intention of furnishing my entire house that way, and prohibitively expensive crafting is clearly trying to make me do that. It's not going to drive me to spend more Crowns... I'm going to spend none, because I'll get frustrated with how hard it is to furnish my house and give up.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the material cost for some items is a bit too high, 40 racial style stones for one thing is crazy!

Is it possible to buy them in stacks? Those stones are cheap compared to the totally overprized master crafting writs. I don't see the need though to use such large amounts (I have to buy them anyway due to many crafting writs). I some players hoard masses of those stones, they don't do writs. Those people won't start to craft furniture. So you won't get the stone count in game any lower with this system.

But, it is cheap, and if ZOS like to use large masses ... Is it possible to buy them in stacks?
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grileenor wrote: »

Is it possible to buy them in stacks? Those stones are cheap compared to the totally overprized master crafting writs. I don't see the need though to use such large amounts (I have to buy them anyway due to many crafting writs). I some players hoard masses of those stones, they don't do writs. Those people won't start to craft furniture. So you won't get the stone count in game any lower with this system.

But, it is cheap, and if ZOS like to use large masses ... Is it possible to buy them in stacks?

You can buy the racial style stones for 15g each from the crafting npcs
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 1,003 Furniture Plans of ESO 2.7.1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zjp0byRyjqQAopZhcWqConJsQiVZQQqH4fxo22qxJc8/edit?usp=sharing

This lists the crafting station the item is located under, the furniture category within that crafting station, all the ingredients, the requirements to craft the item, among other data. Enjoy

Edited by Dominoid on January 10, 2017 3:46PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    The 1,003 Furniture Plans of ESO 2.7.1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zjp0byRyjqQAopZhcWqConJsQiVZQQqH4fxo22qxJc8/edit?usp=sharing

This lists the crafting station the item is located under, the furniture category within that crafting station, all the ingredients, the requirements to craft the item, among other data. Enjoy

Thanks for doing that!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've added a list of all furniture pieces in the code. The plan is to complete this list by listing where the items can be acquired - crafted, merchants, achievements, etc.

Edited by Dominoid on January 10, 2017 8:01PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still a bit worried about some of the mats required for crafting these furnishings, I'm not seeing a whole lot of certain ingredients around the Guild Stores all over Tamriel for a start.

The numbers of Trait items and Essence Runes in particular (not the Mundane Runes) in each recipe really need to be reconsidered, or the server will be totally out after the first week.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the various furnitures and the mats used to make them, it is my opinion that the drop rate is mostly too low for the sheer volume of furniture people will want, this applies triple for "Clean Pelts"
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Dardo
    Dardo
    Soul Shriven
    Just my two cents worth, but having to collect all new and different mats for furniture crafting is beyond annoying. Decorating a house in a game should be fun, not a chore. I see no reason why furniture crafting couldn't be done with the crafting resources already available. Having to gather all new ones is just creating a grind that almost nobody will want to/enjoy doing.
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Bug
    Blacksmithing tongs will spontaneously rotate 180 degrees upon placement.
    Dark Elf Barrel, Sturdy is a drying bar not a barrel.
    Redguard Firepit, stone is listed under Cooking Stations but cannot be used in this way.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 11, 2017 7:02PM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't acces PTS yet/still but from what people show in furniture spreadsheets it appears that the Imperial and Nibenese furniture isn't available outside Crown Store... thats really bad
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    Bug
    Blacksmithing tongs will spontaneously rotate 180 degrees upon placement.
    Dark Elf Barrel, Sturdy is a drying bar not a barrel.
    Redguard Firepit, stone is listed under Cooking Stations but cannot be used in this way.

The whole group "Cooking Stations" is misnamed. The actual Provisioning Station is a Crafting Station which you can only buy from the Master Writ Character for Writ Vouchers earned from doing Master Writs.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    I can't acces PTS yet/still but from what people show in furniture spreadsheets it appears that the Imperial and Nibenese furniture isn't available outside Crown Store... thats really bad

@ZOS_GinaBruno, is it intentional that Imperial furnishings appear to only be available in the Crown Store? There are no Imperial "plans" learned on the template characters and nothing available from the API.

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purchased a house, but it's not clear from the UI information how to go about "attuning" or obtaining crafting stations. There is one "blacksmithing station" available in the crown store; however, it doesn't seem to be functional, other than to ignite or extinguish the flame.

Also upon previewing any home, there is a pop-up window and then UI element in the bottom right corner indicating I must press D-pad + B to purchase the home. However, I'm using keyboard and mouse, not controller.

EDIT: I see from the patch notes that crafting stations can be obtained from the NPC Rolis Hlaalu in exchange for a Master Crafting Writ voucher.

Anyone know if you receive the quest to complete these Master Crafting Writs at any Writ Board, or only in a specific zone? Unfortunately, I have a high bounty on both of my master crafter characters, and it would be challenging to avoid guards long enough to interact with any Writ Board other than the one in Hollow City.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 12, 2017 12:19AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also upon previewing any home, there is a pop-up window and then UI element in the bottom right corner indicating I must press D-pad + B to purchase the home. However, I'm using keyboard and mouse, not controller.
    This is what happens if you've already bound the default command (F5) to something else. You can rebind it in the Controls settings. I use F5 for Greymind, so I rebound the Housing Editor to "Home".
    Anyone know if you receive the quest to complete these Master Crafting Writs at any Writ Board, or only in a specific zone? Unfortunately, I have a high bounty on both of my master crafter characters, and it would be challenging to avoid guards long enough to interact with any Writ Board other than the one in Hollow City.
    Master writs come in the reward boxes for top-tier standard writs.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My master spreadsheet has been updated to include all Crown Store prices as well!

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My master spreadsheet has been updated to include all Crown Store prices as well!

50 Crowns for a candle
    150 Crowns for a carpet
    400 Crowns for a pillow

No thanks, now where did I put those 30 Obsidian, 20 Resins and a Kuta so I can craft that candle myself, hm..

Now where is that LOL button when I need it.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 12, 2017 9:07AM
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    I'll semi-quote myself from another thread, as it's more relevant here really.
    FooWasHere wrote:
    I can't really understand why ZoS didn't reuse the existing obsolete materials instead, like Mahogany, Ash, Silverweave, Galatite etc. Those are materials that you either level past in a matter of hours, or if you're have a CP160+ account, never use again. Many of them would fit perfectly into furniture crafting--of course a Khajiit couch is build with Mahogany.
    Not only would it look better from a consistency/immersion perspective, it would in fell swoop make all these useless materials really meaningful.
    ZoS would have to solve the problem on how to harvest them somehow, but that problem is in fact already there.

Adding these "generic" materials just feels bad, we don't need more materials, and it also feels strange due their non-descript nature. The rare-drop nature of them also feels wrong, to me it's too much of WoW's "kill 200 bears to collect a bear's behind". Too grindy, too alien. What does the lumbermills of Glenumbra actually do with all the wood, when it's obviously useless?

-Foo again
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that people`s views are very much influenced by how they have chosen to progress their characters .... go figure?!?!

As I see this ZOS have tied this up with "Master Crafters" .... in order to be a MC (see how I made that sounds MUCH cooler than it is) you should be just that, across all the professions.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage containers from 14 pieces (full armor + jewelry + weapons set) up to containers of max 50 pieces should be craftable. Up to 6 containers possible to have overall spread over your houses (either 1 in 6 houses or 6 in 1, or any combination in between).

Possibility to define who has access to individual containers.

Example: "Hey, I made you that set you asked for grinding. You can go pick it up at my house. It's in the trunk by the fireplace."
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Troycules
    Troycules
    Soul Shriven
    Writ vouchers cannot be transferred between characters. Hope this ability will be added, else it would take the better part of a year to produce enough to buy a 250-voucher item at the rate Master Crafting Writs are generated.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you can get the thrones of the king and queens of Tamriel but is there one for King Emeric and how do we get (craft, achievement npc)?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Llogwey You should consider collaborating with @Dominoid on the furnishings stuff as well. You're both surpassing what I've managed so far!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this really great feedback and yet not one, ONE, comment from ZOS? Pretty obvious they're not revising Homestead in any reasonable way So, self preservation time. Here's what I've done since Sunday the 8th:
    1. My crafting was split between three characters because, until recently anyway, I didn't have Craft Bag. I have leveled my main toon now to 50 in all six crafting skills. I created about 100 cp 150 glyphs with my enchant alt, banked 'em and decon'd 'em with main. Then I bought a few hundred poison solvents (they're dirt cheap) at several different levels. I then ground up my main's alchemy to 50. He's maxxed now in all crafts as he was my provisioning and equipment toon.
    2. Visited every single kiosk in Tamriel and bought up all the reasonably priced motif chapters. Fleshed out my main's motif lore book to improve chances of Master Writs dropping.
    3. Put skill points in the research passives and with eso+ try to finish up trait research. Yep, Zos duped me good there but doing all I can. It's still month's away from completion.
    4. Farming every available skyshard on my main (using the Addon) for the skill points I'll need for crafting passives.
    5. Farming every Runestone node I can for the green, blue and purple runes I can get.
    6. Cancelled my auto renew for eso+.
    7. Stuffing my craft bag with anything it'll take. Hoarding like there's no tomorrow.
    8. Bought the "Drunk Personality" for 1200 crowns so I can stand drunk in my empty house for the next six months.
    Homestead Preparedness Plan complete.
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 12, 2017 2:08PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Llogwey You should consider collaborating with @Dominoid on the furnishings stuff as well. You're both surpassing what I've managed so far!

Damnit, wish I had known this sheet before, this guy made quite a lot more data feeding job than I did. well there's no need for me to continue updating my table then. His, is far better :)

• Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. Already re-posted it in the correct one. Please disregard/delete.

I don't like the limited way in which decorators can help decorate the house. Either enable decorators (or make an entirely new permission tier above them) to place furnishing from their own inventory. This way the the owner of the house doesn't have to stupidly drop a bunch of furnishing items in some corner for the decorator that then has to stupidly run back and forth to move them. If the decorator doesn't have any items the house owner can just give those to him via trade and we're good.

Another version/addition would be that the house has it's on furnishing storage which works like the guild bank - except only for furniture. This way the house can be decorated by anyone with permission to the houses furniture storage even if the owner isn't online. Also it would alleviate the silly amount of load furniture is going to make on players inventories if this goes live as it is.

Now what about furniture purchased with crowns though you might think. I think if above solution is used crown purchased furnishing can only be taken into the inventory of the original purchaser OR deposited in the furnishing storage of the house. Players who have not purchased a specific item placed by someone else should not be able to claim it for themselves as real world money is involved here. Perhaps a feature for returning an item to original the owner via mail option would be nice too.

Just some thoughts.
    Edited by Jeremiah87 on January 12, 2017 5:26PM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to successfully attune and place a Clothing Crafting Stations but when I came back to the home after a few hours the Station I Attuned had vanished
    and its not in my Retrieve list in the housing editor :(

I placed my assistants and horses and pets in my house and they were all gone when I logged in again.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnature crafting = new epic grind
    Beta tester November 2013