The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Furnishing Crafting

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    If you indeed have all your woodworking, smithing and carpenting on the same character, you're very good.

Which we don't. That's kind of the point.
    Do this and you will have the consumable crafts maxed out on your crafter as well, you dont even need to spend any skill points in the passives if you'd rather not.

Which crafter? All three I suppose? That's not much of a solution.
    And we do need to spend skill points:
    Higher quality plans will require knowledge from multiple tradeskills.

Example: An elaborate canopy bed may require rank 9 in the passive skill Woodworking, rank 7 in Tailoring, and rank 3 in Metalworking.

Good for you that you aren't affected by this, but many people are.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    If you indeed have all your woodworking, smithing and carpenting on the same character, you're very good.

Which we don't. That's kind of the point.
    Do this and you will have the consumable crafts maxed out on your crafter as well, you dont even need to spend any skill points in the passives if you'd rather not.

Which crafter? All three I suppose? That's not much of a solution.
    And we do need to spend skill points:
    Higher quality plans will require knowledge from multiple tradeskills.

Example: An elaborate canopy bed may require rank 9 in the passive skill Woodworking, rank 7 in Tailoring, and rank 3 in Metalworking.

Good for you that you aren't affected by this, but many people are.

Actually many people just said that they have consumable crafts on 1 character and equipment crafts on another. That is the most usual split, to make the most out of motifs. Even if you have split your crafting even more, that is not usually the norm for a dedicated crafter, as it would require extra motif pieces etc. So I dare say that would be the approach of a less dedicated crafter.

Even still, even with crafting split over multiple characters, you can chose to let them stagnate at a single or two skill lines, or branch out and max out other skill lines as well. Leveling crafting skill lines to 50 is a trivial task these days, and should not warrant such a negative uproar as this.

YOU have a choice here. You can either take your woodworker, level his tailoring and blacksmithing and spend the extra skill points for the base rank (when i talked about not having to spend skill points, i meant all the other passives in the skill line, like temper extraction, deconstructing, trait help etc, sorry for the confusion - and then you will be able to make that fancy canopy bed, or you can decide not to, and will then have to buy it from someone else who can make it.

With dedication and effort comes reward. I have been able to max out all 6 crafts as well as invest all the passives to max, while still being able to have plenty of skill points left for both class skills, weapon/armor, guild, pvp and vampire - I am even able to max out DB, TG and Legerdemain skill lines - on the same character. Skill points is a nonissue.
    Adapt to the change, and reap the rewards - it's not that you are unable to do it, it could be that you are unwilling, however.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt to the change, and reap the rewards - it's not that you are unable to do it, it could be that you are unwilling, however.

Which is precisely what I mean when I say this discourages a certain playstyle, which wasn't an issue before. Adapt or die is not much of a choice.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Which is precisely what I mean when I say this discourages a certain playstyle, which wasn't an issue before. Adapt or die is not much of a choice.

ESO discourages plenty of playstyles. Plenty of times, quests motifs and whatnot have been hidden between daily walls - meaning my 1 character has 1 chance of obtaining the item each day, through horrible RNG changes, while someone with 12 characters has 12 times a day to obtain the motif piece/reward. Many other aspects of the game reward people for using lots of alts, and discourages/punishes people for sticking to 1 character. Doesn't give me much of a choice either, but I've dealt with it regardless.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback

Whilst I do now have one Character that has all crafting skills maxed now, and nearly 9 traits on everything. I also have 3 other Characters that are maxed on the main armouring and weapon creation, they are far from 9 traits and I'm certainly not wasting money on buying motif for them.
    TBH I'm not interested in wasting my time on this based upon its current set up as the cost far outweighs the gain.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With dedication and effort comes reward. I have been able to max out all 6 crafts as well as invest all the passives to max, while still being able to have plenty of skill points left for both class skills, weapon/armor, guild, pvp and vampire - I am even able to max out DB, TG and Legerdemain skill lines - on the same character. Skill points is a nonissue.

I agree with @Carbonised, here ...

End game characters should be near or above 300 skill points ... which is enough to fill all three class skill lines, two weapon lines, mages or fighter's guild, Alliance War, and all six (6) crafting lines.
  • apocalipsys_rgsub17_ESO

I was able to attune and place the 5-piece set crafting stations just fine.

HOWEVER, I am not able to hover over them to actually craft armor and gear (5-piece set or vanilla). Please see screenshots below which are out of house editor mode. Notice that I can interact with the brazier right next to the crafting stations.

I found that it depends on where it is placed, if it was indoors sometimes it is not possible to interact with them and make sure it is properly aligned to the surface

Not aligned (yellow glow) mean that you cant use it

tzyypjfn7f0n.jpg

Aligned (no glow in the furniture) you can use it normally

a9qbt2p75cad.jpg

The guild standard/heraldry will be available as furniture??

Edited by apocalipsys_rgsub17_ESO on January 5, 2017 8:46PM
    @nemesysrgs
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    I have not made anything yet. It would be nice to have a preview of things that can be made, with or without the skills. I think the items like regulus, blast, etc could have scrollover tooltips for the items needed, telling us where they can be obtained. Would help newer players.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there's a way to preview an item before you buy/craft it. It would be nice to know whether it's an item that you like before you craft it.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • apocalipsys_rgsub17_ESO
    I hope there's a way to preview an item before you buy/craft it. It would be nice to know whether it's an item that you like before you craft it.

You can preview a sample in Craft Store, but, if the forniture item is too large, you dont see nothing because is not in scale and you can onli rotate left/right
    @nemesysrgs
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    I am finding some of the necessary crafting materials, such as hartwood to be collected few and far between, esp. with the amount need to craft items.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Imperial I lack the ability to craft furniture from my own race, would seriously enjoy if I could craft it.
  • JRCandeias
    JRCandeias
    ✭✭✭
    Everything went smooth BUT... Soooo many new items that the preview icon should be bigger so I can make my mind on which one to choose. Just my opinion =)
    PC EU
    Hellooo!
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placement is simple, I did get a Attuned Clothing Stand (TBS) and set it up in my home.

I found two furniture recipes:

1. A Purple level (some kind of)PIE recipe (yes PIE it was for furniture crafting) requires 60 Nickel, a Kuta, some other stuff I do not recall.

2. A Green level Wooden Stand and need 3 regulas, 8 heartwood, a Kuta, 2 Starmetal, and something else I do not recall or know were to get.

Hope to be able to get actual Furniture recipes, you know stuff like chairs, beds, tables and such if not then I will probably not be doing much with housing on live.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well some thing thats really distrub thats we cant craft any containers to store items.

Another thing thats worth of improvement thats make thats our stationar assistants while placed in home recive full service abilities, allow guild bank, guild store not only your bank for banker, and merchant assistent can actually sell something and repair items and fence actually provide fence service?
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates on these furniture crafting ingredients are abysmal. After a good part of two days spent farming materials. I have two (TWO!) Clean Pelts. That's absurd. Either increase the drop rate or increase the volume of item dropped (instead of one, drop four or five). The only ones that seem to be reasonable are the Alchemical Resin and Decorative Wax. And make it so your hirelings can send you these materials too.

Item preview is a must. Especially given these drop rates - asking a player to craft something just to see what it looks like is a tall order when it takes you most of your week to gather the ingredients to make it.

Why does it take FIFTY NICKEL to make a little gem box? Where is it going? Is there a point singularity in the box? And I'm supposed to use a Kuta to make it? Without seeing what it looks like first? Not good, Bob.
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    why can I craft furniture on an alchemy table? that's strange, don't you think?
    There should be a furniture crafting table...
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John_1999 wrote: »
    why can I craft furniture on an alchemy table? that's strange, don't you think?
    There should be a furniture crafting table...
    Agreed it's a bit odd. But there does seem to be some systematic-ness to it:
    • Blueprints (Woodworking) get you wooden items, like tables, chairs, dressers, shelves, cabinets, desks etc
    • Designs (Provisioning) get you decorative items, like wax models of foods, candles, pottery, wall mounts, etc
    • Diagrams (Blacksmithing) get you metal items, like chandeliers, lanterns, cauldrons, tableware, etc
    • Formulas (Alchemy) get you glass items, like bottles, mirrors, lamps, etc
    • Patterns (Clothing) get you cloth items, like banners, beds, carpets, curtains, tapestries, etc
    • Praxes (Enchanting) get you a bunch of obscure items that may occasionally be made of stone (can't really identify a consistent feature between these)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure the server is going to have enough style mats for all the crafting that will be happening...most people have only a few stacks of the regular style mats...
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an item preview when browsing items in housing editor. Why can't we have same kind of preview when crafting an item on the table? This has been requested constantly from the beginning of the game, from beta, and it's still missing.

You know, a sword is barely visible in the icon. When it's a bed or table, it just fails completely.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Items are very beautifull and varied but I think the system needs a lot of tweaking down on the grind department :p
    May post more feedback after crafting more, but wanted to address the issues that stand out at once:
    1. : All of the items require hugamongously huge amounts of crafting mats.
    If I want to craft just 5 "pairs of common candles" and 5 "ceramic woodelf cups", I need 200 flour, 25 nickel, 35 decorative wax, 50 bone, 20 citrines.
    Besides turning the economy upside down with mat prices this seriously messes with any immersion, I think. Compare crafting the above simple household items to crafting a set of armor and weapons for a leveling char ..

2. There is no way (that I`ve found ?) to preview the items you are crafting, = except if the same item is sold by the crown store furnishing department AND then you either have an extremely difficult to obtain (only through master writs and binds on pickup) craft station in your home, OR you preview the items at home from crown store furnishings and then run to the nearest craft station to craft them.
    Same goes for buying housing items from stores, even the Cold Harbour rare weekend merchant does not have a preview besides the tiny drawn pick that tells allmost nothing of the item..

3. Speaking of immersion, I think at least the cooking station should not be only obtainable from master writs rewards: you have a house, with a fireplace even, or several , but no way you can cook without being a master crafter (not necessarily a provisioner though, clothier will do) but suddenly in town you can?

4. Craft stations being tied to master crafting and bound to account lessens housing utility for many players.
    Since (without having bought a banker/merchant assistant ) there is no other reason to go to your house than decorate, hang out with visitors or your pets and yourself, and enjoy the view and check out the trophies- dont get me wrong, I really love these sides and the simple fact of owning a home makes me very happy; but the more "practical" reasons to visit your house, the better it could be.
    And indeed speaking of utility a storage addition only available in the house would add a lot to that utility :). Not to mention a slight xp boost after spending time in your house, like some other games have done. And farming/gardening, oh yes, reason to check in on your crops :)

Edit: I went back to Rolis Hlaalu the master writ voucher rewards guy and realised that only the blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking stations are bind on pickup. So I guess the other stations could be sold in guild stores though propably very expensive.
    Sad that the dye station is also only from Rolis, its not a even a craft station, would be better to just sell it for a decent sum of gold from a merchant, maybe tie it to some achievement that does not require any specific playstyle: like reaching level 50.
    And yes I`d prefer cooking not to be from Rolis only, and all stations from Rolis not bind on pickup. Would be even better if Rolis rewards were recipies to make the stations, at least if the master writs remain this insanely expensive to make: else gonna be extremely costly to get vouchers for stations to more than one home.
    Edited by Miaura on January 7, 2017 5:01PM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i love the amount of options available in total, i also have 2 problems, which might seem harmless on the PTS environment, but feel to me like they can severly impact the enjoyment of housing on the live server.

1st. How would people know what they want and where to get it ?
    As it stands right now, there is no easy way to tell how many items will actually look in the end, especially some achievement tied items with generic icons and very vague descriptions. Considering these can be a huge pain to get (for example the master mogul one) and can cost considerable amounts of money (some being 50k+) any kind of preview feature of furniture outside of the housing editor feels like its somewhat required.

2nd. The huge amount of items needed to craft even the most mundane items.
    When i need 4 runestones and a sizeable amount of style mats and housing resources just to craft one candle, and then have to quadrupple these numbers for one lantern it feels like i will spend most of my time running after getting all these mats, and not actually decorating my home, especially when i want to experiment a bit and do not know how much lanterns i actually want to use in the end.

I can understand that some rare items should require a decent amount of effort to craft, but right now it just feels incredibly tedious (and costly) to get a a reasonable amount of the more mundane items to decorate even just the large homes, not even speaking of the manors.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found one recipe, but didn't have enough of the new mats to actually create this. Aside from checking out various houses, I spent a good portion of time farming for the new mats needed to craft furniture. Like others, I found very few of these. Aside from master writ drop rate being low, I don't feel very rewarded if I have to spend an inordinate amount of time farming for mats. That has already become more of a chore with the advent of 1T. My green recipe didn't ask for a Kuta, but including legendary mats in a green recipe better be a bug, not a feature, or most of my house guests will be sitting on the floor. Instead of BYOB, it will be BYOChair!

With the introduction of so many new items, and the farming needed to obtain them, Housing feels like a HUGE push from zos to subscribe for the crafting bag. Housing also seems to be a HUGE time sink....not much time left for actual combat. Kinda feels like I have to make a choice between pursuing Housing and all attendant farming and crafting vs. pledges, trials, PVP, and other combat activities.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's starting to seem like a LOT of people will be ending up with empty houses for a very long time.

Not only do you rarely find furniture recipes, they take a ridiculous amount of materials to make.

One suggestion that may help, with the recipes part, is to give each character the knowledge of (low-level) recipes for their race. like, Redguard Chair, or Argonian Table - in the same way that you can craft your own racial motif armour from the start.

At least then we can have some low-level trade on guild traders when the update hits live, while we wait for people to start finding the better recipes.

Also... why is hanging rabbits a legendary recipe? I mean... in real life, I could hang up a rabbit without really thinking. I could probably make a chair as well - with some effort, but not requiring a blueprint. Was it randomly chosen what levels each thing would be?
    Edited by AdamBourke on January 6, 2017 2:05PM
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    It's starting to seem like a LOT of people will be ending up with empty houses for a very long time.

Not only do you rarely find furniture recipes, they take a ridiculous amount of materials to make.

Welcome to the new ESO. Once upon a time deliberately created inconveniences to drive Crown Store sales were very rare. They are rapidly becoming part of every new thing now.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The considered opinion of this one.

There is a difference between making something challenging and interesting for experienced players and making something so difficult it just puts people off altogether. If something feels like a mountain in the path of a new player then will they climb that mountain or will they look for something they find enjoyable rather than frustrating yes?

This is a great system - just reduce the quantities of materials required - unless these furniture items are going to get up and do a song and dance number perhaps once they are in your house? Then only perhaps a candlestick is worth a golden crafting mat or two.

This one she knows there is the alternative option of buying items with crowns and you hope to nudge travellers down that road however khajiit knows that if people cannot obtain what they wish for then maybe once or twice they will pay up the crowns but eventually they will just get fed up and perhaps wander away from Tamriel altogether.

The balance between challenge and utter frustration is a very thin line sometimes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I'm not sure the server is going to have enough style mats for all the crafting that will be happening...most people have only a few stacks of the regular style mats...

You know you can buy regular style mats from NPC trader for 15G?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this summarises furniture crafting so far:
    • Material drop rate needs to be higher
    • Materials required per item needs to be lower
    • Crafting plan drop rate needs to be higher
    • More simple crafting plans needed at vendors
    • Previews would be very useful
    • All houses need a higher furnishing limit
    Edited by Enodoc on January 6, 2017 2:20PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Agree with all of this.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I concur.