Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TANKS THAT DEAL DAMAGE?

• The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the best thread Ive read in a long time. Regardless of whether histbark is abused or not, the fact that we are all having a discussion regarding full pvp tanking mechanics is great.

Especially with all the QQ threads going around today.

Xin, don't give up the whole build. Lets keep this going to engage people in proper theory crafting. Not just copying the latest broken Dps meta.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind what this comment said, that was a badass video after the exploiting in the first clip!
    Edited by Isbilen on January 6, 2017 1:34AM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats not a tank...its a magDK
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's not right, you should not be allowed to do what people are doing here in the videos and stuff.
    the fact is:
    the more you heal the less damage you should be able to do.
    the more you tank the less damage you should be able to do.
    that's the way it's suppose to be.
    plain and simple!

That's a good point although in a pure Tank vs. Pure Dps build I hope you realize that the pure dps should be extremely squishy and therefore feel risk from the Tank's damage due to the fact he has no defenses. Conversely, the DPS should hit so hard that the Tank can feel it. In short that should represent the balance. Rarely is this the case in any game I've seen. Either the Tank wins or the DPS wins, but this is the problem of soft cap removal and damage running off the charts with people having Ridiculously high magic/stamina attributes and a chain of procs that amount to instantaneous death.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaybe_Mawfaka Yup, the mod came in quick to squash the beef though.

@The_Duke Thanks, I'm glad you can see past all the drama. People fail to realize that we're tanking something that gets an insane amount of QQ from jesus beams, soul assaults from the X in 1vx situations, destro ults, etc. 20% dodge chance doesn't do anything against that. It's just an extra piece of the pie.

As for people wondering, coming from one of the best players to ever play ESO "If you focus on sustain, and focus on resource management with a pressure based build you will will more fights then you lose"- Lefty Lucy.

Understanding how to sustain in outnumbered fights and building according to countering what is out there is what makes ESO fun for me these days. Since the feeling of being able to drain resources then slaughter is no longer viable.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, but yeah. The build is tanky, with pressure. A very good Bruiser build.

"What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    Edit: Nevermind what this comment said, that was a badass video after the exploiting in the first clip!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xinthisis

Since you are saying this build doesn't rely completely on dodge chance, there are times in the video where people are hitting you and you appear to take NO damage. (I am referring specifically to when you are fighting solo from 3:40 - 4:00) In every test I have done, even if your healing received greatly overshadows your damage taken, you still will see your health bar dip a bit, even quickly.

So what mechanic, if its not dodge, allows you to mitigate 100% of damage in this game? Is it possible to mitigate 100% of some types of damage?

• 'Chief
    'Chief
    ✭✭
    i know this
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xinthisis

Since you are saying this build doesn't rely completely on dodge chance, there are times in the video where people are hitting you and you appear to take NO damage. (I am referring specifically to when you are fighting solo from 3:40 - 4:00) In every test I have done, even if your healing received greatly overshadows your damage taken, you still will see your health bar dip a bit, even quickly.

So what mechanic, if its not dodge, allows you to mitigate 100% of damage in this game? Is it possible to mitigate 100% of some types of damage?

I did take damage.. My health bar did dip to 80% and go back up.. Malubeth also proced consistently...

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% damage mitigation is not possible. Trust me, I've tried. However, its like most other things. The build that gets the most out of everything without sacrificing to much will reign supreme. This build is "balanced" in a sense that it takes advantage of many things to get as powerful as it is. @Yolokin_Swagonborn (Its OP, and definitely not balanced in the sense that most people uses the term on these forums)

Its a very strong theory crafted build. It's weakness is that it lacks some burst against high level players that also run very strong 1v1 builds. With this build I accept that certain people won't be easy to kill, but that eventually this build does win. While also being able to tank.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don`t get all the hype you are trying to create with that stuff? Tanking while doing damage can be done without using malubeth and questionable mechanics with far better results even.

First video I had to mute because of the constant agenda talk of some scrubs trying to prove...what exactly?`That ganking takes skill? Ha, cute.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don`t get all the hype you are trying to create with that stuff? Tanking while doing damage can be done without using malubeth and questionable mechanics with far better results even.

First video I had to mute because of the constant agenda talk of some scrubs trying to prove...what exactly?`That ganking takes skill? Ha, cute.

Far better results? lol, Link a clip.

Everywhere I'm seeing people whine about destro ults, while we were outnumbered with enemies using every counter in the book. Negates, root spam, destro ults, siege, beams, etc.

Stood there, timed ults with 1 ballista, and boom.

"Scrubs"

Whats your @name?

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xinthisis wrote: »

Far better results? lol, Link a clip.

Everywhere I'm seeing people whine about destro ults, while we were outnumbered with enemies using every counter in the book. Negates, root spam, destro ults, siege, beams, etc.

Stood there, timed ults with 1 ballista, and boom.

"Scrubs"

Whats your @name?

You really wanna shine, ha? Sorry, man I find your malu + mechanics + shield ulti rota performance less than impressive, even moreso your results considering the setup you chose.

"where`s your clips"? Pff - I just play the game, why would I feel the need to show off?
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman So no @ name then? Probably a "organized group" player.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

He's right. Xylena, AOE BBQ, Benom, Gromfing (dare I say even Krotha) have all been "tanks with high damage" for almost a year (or more). They don't use broken mechanics and it's hard to argue with their results. But yea they don't post vid's so I guess that's what matters :trollface:
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @loki547 and then there's you, posting clips where you're streaking around for 4 minutes maybe killing 2 people. I feel like because you've been playing a b.shield templar lately you took what I said in the video personally. You know, about being a useless tank. Get creative with your theorycrafting because for a guy that's been playing so long you're very basic. Take after your buddy Sabre, he definitely pushed the envelope when it came to builds.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know for sure that you're running Malubeth and Hide of the werewolf. I would guess fury or duneripper for last set depending if you want to be more tanky or hit harder.

He is receiving Tava's buff in this video - easily verifiable by watching
    Etaniel wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

He is receiving Tava's buff in this video - easily verifiable by watching multiple consecutive ticks of 6 ult.

Tavas procs for 9 ultimate, not 6.
    6 ultimate is simply a regulat utt tick + an igneous shield ult tick for example.

Negative ghostrider.

Tava returns 3 ticks of 3 ult each. Earthern Heart passive is once every 6 seconds. Consecutive ticks of 6 ult is and can in this case only be Tavas (3 standard ult gen, 3 Tavas). The only other circumstance where a player can be awarded 6 ult is they recieve a minor heroism tick and a light weaver tick from extended ritual, or earthen heart passive which would only influence one tick every 6 seconds.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way to make Cyrodiil boring again - both Xin and Loki, just tedious nonsense
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    @loki547 and then there's you, posting clips where you're streaking around for 4 minutes maybe killing 2 people.

Yea. And one of those people was you.

• loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    gf
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking Look into all the weapon traits. look into igneous ult gen. You're welcome.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArgoCye wrote: »
    Way to make Cyrodiil boring again - both Xin and Loki, just tedious nonsense

Yeah because my repeated attempts at pleading to zos for balance over years now hasn't done much. So, I'm going to play the strongest set up I can.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    People doing a bunch of mental gymnastics to suit this idea they have in their head of what's going on in the video.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking Look into all the weapon traits. look into igneous ult gen. You're welcome.

Even if I were to entertain this, what bearing does this have over the fact that you are not using decisive weapons? You ultimate is generating in multitudes of 3 and 5 in accordance with Tava's, Werewolf Hide, normal Ultimate Generation and Earthen Heart passive. Decisive would throw random numerical values of +1 into the mix, which, unfortunately for you in this case, is nowhere present in this video.
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 6, 2017 9:17AM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread will probably be closed. EU drama is OP.

No matter how hard NA tries, EU drama will always reign supreme. One comment from our biggest shame and the thread gets the mods' attention. It's like they have a tracking device on him !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think it's pretty bold how you post a video bragging about your build that utilizes an exploit that has to be redone every time you die.
    Not to mention the fact that people have been holding block and killing potatoes for almost three years. But yeah. Good for you if you're having fun!
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Sorcblade the DKplar or whatever its called...

51k health and 4k light attacks. I want to know THAT build.
    PC EU
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@The_Duke Thanks, I'm glad you can see past all the drama. People fail to realize that we're tanking something that gets an insane amount of QQ from jesus beams, soul assaults from the X in 1vx situations, destro ults, etc. 20% dodge chance doesn't do anything against that. It's just an extra piece of the pie.

As for people wondering, coming from one of the best players to ever play ESO "If you focus on sustain, and focus on resource management with a pressure based build you will will more fights then you lose"- Lefty Lucy.

Understanding how to sustain in outnumbered fights and building according to countering what is out there is what makes ESO fun for me these days. Since the feeling of being able to drain resources then slaughter is no longer viable.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense, but yeah. The build is tanky, with pressure. A very good Bruiser build.

Is this the twilight zone? You posted a video incriminating yourself.

Now u say that exploiting arguably the most OP mechanic in the game has,nothing to do with it? Do u hear yourself? There is a word for that.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

Is this the twilight zone? You posted a video incriminating yourself.

Now u say that exploiting arguably the most OP mechanic in the game has,nothing to do with it? Do u hear yourself? There is a word for that.

Now I can't say he was or wasn't exploiting the hist bug. And I am 100% sure that anyone watching that video can't either. Only he and his friends/ group mates know for sure. Though I highly doubt there are many out there THAT stupid to record themselves cheating and post it.

Now with that out of the way. I don't understand all the hate and animosity that happens on the forums. Personally I believe it stems from an annoyance people get when someone refuses to give them a walk through of how they did what they did.

Would I like to know this build, heck ya. I have a DK who has been collecting dust since 1.5. I do absolute love reading through this post, watching the video for visual queues and trying to piece it together though.

So Xin, just ignore the trolls and you do you, man. I have actually enjoyed the concept of this thread.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being accused of exploiting HIst Bark by multiple people in a very public manner and then responding but not denying, I can't decide if that makes it more or less suspicious. Ignoring because ridiculous and not worth the time, or ignoring because responding brings focus onto it ensuring people won't just forget about it and move on?

Would someone really exploit and make a video of it just to free up a skill slot? Well... the same player did openly exploit viper range proc.

A direct answer would be appreciated, for the good it might do to the skeptical people.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel