Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TANKS THAT DEAL DAMAGE?

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    TLDW; OP spends whole video crying about the SRIBES app, when he's practically the reason for it.

Then he runs a cancer block tank and whines that it gets more 'respect' than an instant one shot stealth build. Despite the fact that anyone can see cancer tank coming and slow walk away from it without dying.

I've talked about balancing stealth gameplay, everything from removing the stun, to removing the auto crit, etc. Making mage light reveal when casted from stealth.

I've talked about Block being far too strong, talked about making ALL aoe's go through block like they once were.

I used to run gimped builds on purpose, for crying out loud I used to run a Whitestrakes magicka nb with 2h and resto and siphoning attacks. Not a single spell damage buff. I used to run out of the ordinary builds that had lots of weakness, but no one cares about that. So yeah, no more gimping.

An addon should NEVER give as much capability that Miats pvp alerts does. It singlehandedly removes the element of surprise.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan Oh, and if you want to test that theory of just running walking away we can do it. Whats your @name. You can't just walk away, unless you are running a cancer tank build yourself or a nb with perma rolldodge and cloak. Which those builds can just walk away from anything in game solo.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xinthisis wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    TLDW; OP spends whole video crying about the SRIBES app, when he's practically the reason for it.

Then he runs a cancer block tank and whines that it gets more 'respect' than an instant one shot stealth build. Despite the fact that anyone can see cancer tank coming and slow walk away from it without dying.

I've talked about balancing stealth gameplay, everything from removing the stun, to removing the auto crit, etc. Making mage light reveal when casted from stealth.

I've talked about Block being far too strong, talked about making ALL aoe's go through block like they once were.

I used to run gimped builds on purpose, for crying out loud I used to run a Whitestrakes magicka nb with 2h and resto and siphoning attacks. Not a single spell damage buff. I used to run out of the ordinary builds that had lots of weakness, but no one cares about that. So yeah, no more gimping.

An addon should NEVER give as much capability that Miats pvp alerts does. It singlehandedly removes the element of surprise.

I never said the add-on was a good thing. Those API calls should have been patched out immediately, or rendered inert. It's terrible for the game overall.

However I'm not crying any tears for gankers either. It's been open season this patch for stam night blades, and you know it. I'm just stating a fact. People are sick and tired of it. Practically every non-nightblade I know started running it day one. They don't care about your duck-shoot insta-kill mini-game. It hasn't been fun for them in a long time, and ZOS (assisted by nightblade players) together made the addon practically mandatory.
    @Minalan Oh, and if you want to test that theory of just running walking away we can do it. Whats your @name. You can't just walk away, unless you are running a cancer tank build yourself or a nb with perma rolldodge and cloak. Which those builds can just walk away from anything in game solo.

I'm sure you'll spam gap closers, and I'll use mines and streak off. Or an invis pot. Or whatever. But I'm gone. If you're busy with 40 people beating on you, 38 of them or so CAN slowly walk away, and I would be the first one to do so after charging up my ultimate. My point is that the downside of being a DK is that most PVP is consensual. It's not like ganking at all.

You also need to hit more than one button to kill people, and even a fight that you're sure to win will last a minute or two. If you can't recognize the difference between your video and that, let me show you:

They should title this One Tamriel Proc Stam NB Ganking:
    https://youtu.be/-1NyIsZXeqU

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan I'll use forward momentum, gap close, and reverb you. Continue to keep dots on you so that invis pots is useless. Wait until the moment when you're cc'd and dont know it because zos's animations are trash, drop ult on you and you die. Then proceed to go right back to tanking.

People hate ganking so much, but wont run radiant mage light. Like I said, this DK tanking BS gets more love than ganking simply because people have hope. Hope that they wont get insta killed. Hope that they might be able to use destro ult while their templar in the back spams breath of life. Hope.

Skilled ganking takes skill, one mistake and you're dead. Meanwhile builds like this dk exists that LITERALLY have no counter.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan I'll use forward momentum, gap close, and reverb you. Continue to keep dots on you so that invis pots is useless. Wait until the moment when you're cc'd and dont know it because zos's animations are trash, drop ult on you and you die. Then proceed to go right back to tanking.

People hate ganking so much, but wont run radiant mage light. Like I said, this DK tanking BS gets more love than ganking simply because people have hope. Hope that they wont get insta killed. Hope that they might be able to use destro ult while their templar in the back spams breath of life. Hope.

Skilled ganking takes skill, one mistake and you're dead. Meanwhile builds like this dk exists that LITERALLY have no counter.

As much as I hate gankers simply because I hate playing hide and seek I have to agree with. Stam dk's that a properly built have no counter and is so easy to play. I hate when I fight a dk and they make mistake after mistake but they are fine simply because the class is so forgiving. And like you said the only reason people aren't more upset about it because since they aren't instantly killed they feel like they have a chance to win, but those chances are really low. I've fought some dks where the only outcome is that they will win or if they didn't build the right amount of damage it will end in a stalemate
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @thankyourat Yup exactly

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fun part is that there are only a couple major defensive mechanics in the build. These are just well built bruiser stam DKs with good players at the wheel.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good build Xin.

I have caught both you and Sribes with your pants down and got the successful gank :) (separate occasions)

Though I have died more to you then you me.

Edit- And people STILL refuse to run snares and fear to combat builds like this /shakes head.
    Edited by Xeniph on January 3, 2017 3:47AM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xeniph Fear and fassolize/rune prison are really the only things that come close to countering this set up. Snares aren't an issue since we use forward momentum.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xeniph Fear and fassolize/rune prison are really the only things that come close to countering this set up. Snares aren't an issue since we use forward momentum.

True to an extent, with enough people forcing you spend resources, I find somewhat help with builds like this.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Scary build, saw it in action close up. Not sure what to do about it yet other than stand there looking stupid. XD
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but it looks like hes using desert rose, duneripper and of course Malubeth. The way his magicka pool spikes suggests desert rose.

You dont need a damage set to sill get decent weapon damage due to the wrath passive and weapon dmage enchants on gear. Plus dks get an extra 5% weapon damage as a passive.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't expecting 50% of the video to be complaining about Miat, but good build though.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Immovablestone
    Fantastic PVP tanking, glorious stuff!
  • mumsspaghetti
    mumsspaghetti
    ✭✭
    The_Duke wrote: »
    I could be wrong but it looks like hes using desert rose, duneripper and of course Malubeth. The way his magicka pool spikes suggests desert rose.

You dont need a damage set to sill get decent weapon damage due to the wrath passive and weapon dmage enchants on gear. Plus dks get an extra 5% weapon damage as a passive.

It's not desert rose because he only has about 9k magicka, and the 4 piece on desert rose is add maximum magicka which would put him over 10k
    Edited by mumsspaghetti on January 3, 2017 4:43PM
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭

2-3 Sorcs tab target you with Velocious Curse/Endless Fury = GG
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not desert rose because he only has about 9k magicka, and the 4 piece on desert rose is add maximum magicka which would put him over 10k

Good point regarding his mag pool but im not sure what set would make his mag pool jump like it does. Watch the mag spikes.

As a DK as long as you have mag you always have stam.

I spec my stam sorc into mag regen rather than stam for the same reason.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • mumsspaghetti
    mumsspaghetti
    ✭✭

Good point regarding his mag pool but im not sure what set would make his mag pool jump like it does. Watch the mag spikes.

More than likely from the battle roar passive that DK's get. They get resources back every time use an ult, and that with pots should keep his magicka pretty topped up
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xinthisis there's no Miat's on console, ganking is alive and well here
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting in caltrops.... Forward Momentum + Reactive?
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus constitution passive. It's probably just black rose + werewolf + malubeth. That 3rd set is the only question really. You could do this with multiple setups, there's no single "OP" build happening here. Just synergy with DK class and resource sustain that works while holding block.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    brtomkin wrote: »

I might have missed it, but I didn't think I saw the reactive proc
  • mumsspaghetti
    mumsspaghetti
    ✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Plus constitution passive. It's probably just black rose + werewolf + malubeth. That 3rd set is the only question really. You could do this with multiple setups, there's no single "OP" build happening here. Just synergy with DK class and resource sustain that works while holding block.

It can't be black rose either, it gives too much stam, doesn't line up with how much stam he has. The last set can't have a max magicka, or more than one max stam, and can only have one max health. Using that information you can narrow them down to a few sets. My guess is dune ripper, because it has one max health, adds a good amount of healing which would make sense because he heals like crazy, and the 5 piece adds a good chunk of resistance when blocking. This is on the assumption that he is running all stam enchants, if he has health enchants then it could be quite a few things. I clearly have too much time on my hands
    Edited by mumsspaghetti on January 3, 2017 5:20PM
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can't be black rose either, it gives too much stam, doesn't line up with how much stam he has. The last set can't have a max magicka, or more than one max stam, and can only have one max health. Using that information you can narrow them down to a few sets. My guess is dune ripper, because it has one max health, adds a good amount of healing which would make sense because he heals like crazy, and the 5 piece adds a good chunk of resistance when blocking. This is on the assumption that he is running all stam enchants, if he has health enchants then it could be quite a few things. I clearly have too much time on my hands

The stam looks about right to me with healthy jewelry. The 29k health supports that. If it were robust jewelry then yeah I'd expect 38k stam.

Can't remember the name, but there's another 5-set that restores something like 650mag/stam every 5s when attacked, which would add to block sustain.
    Edited by Kutsuu on January 3, 2017 5:52PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the crazy healing is coming from Major Mending (Igneous), Malubeth (30%), and the Lingering Health potions (30%). Probably 4-5k vigor ticks with all that stuff going, plus being in range to vigor each other and stacking the heals.
    Edited by Kutsuu on January 3, 2017 5:52PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • mumsspaghetti
    mumsspaghetti
    ✭✭

The stam looks about right to me with healthy jewelry. Maybe not.

Can't remember the name, but there's another 5-set that restores something like 650mag/stam every 5s when attacked, which would add to block sustain.

are you talking about desert rose? That has a 10% chance to restore like 2000 stam every 1 second, I can't think of any that give stam and magicka back every few seconds. Also, desert rose has a max magicka thing in it, so he couldn't run that if it's the one you're thinking .
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stam looks about right to me with healthy jewelry. Maybe not.

are you talking about desert rose? That has a 10% chance to restore like 2000 stam every 1 second, I can't think of any that give stam and magicka back every few seconds. Also, desert rose has a max magicka thing in it, so he couldn't run that if it's the one you're thinking .

No. Not desert rose, or I would have said 2k magicka. There is a set that gives ~650 stam/mag when hit every 5 seconds. Can't remember the name atm. Strangely can't find it on the fextralife wiki, but I've run into a few sets that aren't on there. Asking a friend who uses it on his permablock build.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malubeth, werewolf hide set, dragon set. Spam shield wall.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Everyone that wore heavy armor nowadays is calling themselves a tank, eh?

tank: heavily armored (heavy armor) slow moving high burst damage. yep think zos got it right tanks should be virtually unkillable by having greater mitigation, greater damage output with the best self healing.

Now to make them slow moving - How about not letting anyone wearing heavy use gapclosers :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    brtomkin wrote: »

I might have missed it, but I didn't think I saw the reactive proc

There are a lot of "effects" going on in that video... but you're right I couldn't find a definitive Reactive proc.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+