Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TANKS THAT DEAL DAMAGE?

• Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice the dodge procs. Either they found a way to exploit major evasion (not that any decent player worth respect would do that) or Xin is wearing Histbark.

Either way, smart play to apply burst during Shield Wall ultimate along with good target focusing means they don't have to be doing that much damage.

The first set I thought of was Bastion of the Heartland. Very good PvP tanking set.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. The_Duke
      The_Duke
      ✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      Notice the dodge procs. Either they found a way to exploit major evasion (not that any decent player worth respect would do that) or Xin is wearing Histbark.

Either way, smart play to apply burst during Shield Wall ultimate along with good target focusing means they don't have to be doing that much damage.

The first set I thought of was Bastion of the Heartland. Very good PvP tanking set.

Ive seen a few Lemur videos where people suggest he is wearing histbark as well.
      The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    2. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Dodging 1/5 attacks with no cooldown is OP. ZOS mechanics, nah mean. Glad there is talk of nerfing it.

I wonder if people figure out what poisons we're using. Hint, its OP.

A build is not just in the sets. Its in the mechanics you use. Stop just stacking sustain and damage. Build around mechanics.

You're welcome.
      "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    3. Kutsuu
      Kutsuu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Magus wrote: »
      Malubeth, werewolf hide set, dragon set. Spam shield wall.

Nah you can see 100 ulti cost on the shield wall.
      PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
      Kutsus - NB
      Kutsmuffin - Temp
      Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
      Kutsuu - Temp
      Natsu Dragoneel - DK
      Kutsumo - NB
    4. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Lexxypwns wrote: »
      @Xinthisis there's no Miat's on console, ganking is alive and well here

Is this your way of trying to convince me to come over? lol
      Edited by Xinthisis on January 3, 2017 7:22PM

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    5. usmcjdking
      usmcjdking
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Given how hard they hit a target whilst tanking vice how hard they don't hit when not -

I'm inclined to think hist/malu and one of the following - 7th Legion, Veiled Heritance, Ravager, Fury.
    6. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Wasn't expecting 50% of the video to be complaining about Miat, but good build though.

It's called Cyrodiil Diaries for a reason. Mostly that reason is because I'm pissed off about something in Cyrodiil. lol

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    7. timidobserver
      timidobserver
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Xinthisis wrote: »
      Wasn't expecting 50% of the video to be complaining about Miat, but good build though.

It's called Cyrodiil Diaries for a reason. Mostly that reason is because I'm pissed off about something in Cyrodiil. lol

Still, I was expecting to hear mostly about this damage dealing tank not about Miat. It's obviously going to get nerfed soon anyway. Minus the Miat whining, very good build though.
      V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
      V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
      V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
      V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
      V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

8. Satiar
      Satiar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Malbeth makes this all... less than super impressive.
      Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
      Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

9. Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Lexxypwns wrote: »
      @Xinthisis there's no Miat's on console, ganking is alive and well here

Is this your way of trying to convince me to come over? lol

I'm not scared of and have no problem whatsoever with gankers :)
    10. Ishammael
      Ishammael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      usmcjdking wrote: »
      Given how hard they hit a target whilst tanking vice how hard they don't hit when not -

I'm inclined to think hist/malu and one of the following - 7th Legion, Veiled Heritance, Ravager, Fury.

My thoughts exactly.

Hist+Malu, Fury

Key to the tankiness is exactly how Xin described it: mechanics. Malu+igneous+block, overlapping guard and vigors, mending pots, and fwd momentum.
    11. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Satiar wrote: »
      Malbeth makes this all... less than super impressive.

Well, we don't have pocket healers. We have to rely on something when its only Sribes and I tanking your "organized group" + some in 500 ping on the mountain near the ash/nikel gate. *shoulder shrug*

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    12. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭

Still, I was expecting to hear mostly about this damage dealing tank not about Miat. It's obviously going to get nerfed soon anyway. Minus the Miat whining, very good build though.

They didn't make a single change to heavy armor. Kinda baffles me. Oh well. Thanks though, it really is the strongest build I've ever personally played. Maybe 1.5 mag dk can compare slightly.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    13. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ishammael wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Hist+Malu, Fury

Key to the tankiness is exactly how Xin described it: mechanics. Malu+igneous+block, overlapping guard and vigors, mending pots, and fwd momentum.

Vigor really is OP.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    14. Wollust
      Wollust
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

There is actually a way to exploit and gain major evasion via hist bark. Which is getting fixed for the new update if I read the patch notes correctly.

Edit: Can I have a guess regarding your setup Xin?
      5 Black Rose, 5 Werewolf Hide, 2 Malubeth with 5 pieces of histbark in your inventory for the pretty glow on your character. :trollface:
      Edited by Wollust on January 4, 2017 8:37AM
      Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    15. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      Wollust wrote: »

There is actually a way to exploit and gain major evasion via hist bark. Which is getting fixed for the new update if I read the patch notes correctly.

Edit: Can I have a guess regarding your setup Xin?
      5 Black Rose, 5 Werewolf Hide, 2 Malubeth with 5 pieces of histbark in your inventory for the pretty glow on your character. :trollface:

WHAT?! Nah, we would never do such a thing. Dodge chance is OP, good thing it's getting a rework.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    16. manny254
      manny254
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

The answer could be both. Hist bark displays a white effect on the player when it is active, but that does not mean he is actually using the set. If you notice that white effect will be active on him even while not blocking. That is because this set has a bug in it, and they mentioned it being fixed on the pts.

I was using this set on a pve tanking build and essentially discovered that it can bug on your character. In some cases removing the armor and reloging will not remove it (it does eventually go away though). This is said to be fixed in the patch notes, but as it stands you can have the five piece of hist bark and wear another set. I was never able to actually figure out what causes this, but it would happen almost everyday after a round of tanking pledges. I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

This is most likely the answer you are looking for.
      Edited by manny254 on January 4, 2017 2:15PM
      - Mojican
    17. KisoValley
      KisoValley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would offer to sell his build for the right price but ZOS will probably try to ban me again for 'selling my account'

e: Hist bark is being fixed also.
      Edited by KisoValley on January 4, 2017 2:19PM
    18. Kutsuu
      Kutsuu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      manny254 wrote: »

The answer could be both. Hist bark displays a white effect on the player when it is active, but that does not mean he is actually using the set. If you notice that white effect will be active on him even while not blocking. That is because this set has a bug in it, and they mentioned it being fixed on the pts.

I was using this set on a pve tanking build and essentially discovered that it can bug on your character. In some cases removing the armor and reloging will not remove it (it does eventually go away though). This is said to be fixed in the patch notes, but as it stands you can have the five piece of hist bark and wear another set. I was never able to actually figure out what causes this, but it would happen almost everyday after a round of tanking pledges. I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

Exploiting a bug and calling it mechanics? @SRIBES would never do that. ;)
      PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
      Kutsus - NB
      Kutsmuffin - Temp
      Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
      Kutsuu - Temp
      Natsu Dragoneel - DK
      Kutsumo - NB
    19. Ishammael
      Ishammael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ishammael wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Hist+Malu, Fury

Vigor really is OP.

Vigor + Evasion is so good its stupid. The change to 15% won't effect much.
      Compare it to the new Coagulating Blood. LOL
    20. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      manny254 wrote: »

Hmm, that's interesting. I always felt that it was just an animation bug though. I don't think it actually applied the dodge chance, but if so oh well. Good thing zos is fixing it.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    21. Rohaus
      Rohaus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Observations... he has pretty low health for a tank build and a lot of stamina... I can tell that he isn't running any tristat glyphs that is for sure with how low his magicka is which is also the reason it spikes up so quickly.

There are a few solid tanking sets... but I am leaning towards Histbark.

The only way to be tanky AND be able to dish out damage would be the use of one of the few heavy armor sets that give weapon damage via procs... he already stated that he isn't using Fury or Legion... that really only leaves one other option which is Ravaging for damage.

So, Ravaging + either a medium armor set that has weapons and jewlery... robust jewlery most likely if that is the case. Or, he is running with all Stam enchants and running Histbark.

Either way... in order to be a tank AND be able to dish out damage too... you really need one of the heavy armor sets that proc weapon damage.

Fury is okay... but takes too long to fully proc AND leaves you dealing weak damage when trying to go on the offensive.

Seventh Legion is okay... but again, leaves you pretty weak if you try and go offensive.

Ravaging is amazing! I have been a long time user of it... I spent a great deal of money and time buying bags to get this set in full Impen as well as weapons in Sharpened. It really is the best way for a tank to still be able to go offensive and deal solid damage.

Ravaging + Malubeth + ?...

The third set is simply a feel out set really... something that possibly assists with regen resources.

Problem with Black Rose is that though it is a good set for regen... it is really bad for going offensive for any duration.
      YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
      Daggerfall Covenant
      VR16 DragonKnight
    22. The_Duke
      The_Duke
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hes using a primal shield so its either a histbark shield he chose to make in primal or werewolf or duneripper.
      The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    23. Rohaus
      Rohaus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Good point on the shield being Primal... Duneripper would indeed be very good for extra healing especially if he is an Orc. 5% healing racial passive + 8% from Duneripper would be nasty for healing and seeing his health barely move certainly gives more proof of this being the case.... though he does have a Templar with him... heh

The shield ultimate is OP... requires very little ultimate to use and is a great for getting out of a bad situation... does not take long to generate at all.

He's probably running a couple pieces of Sturdy but in my experience... it is too risky to run with too many Sturdy pieces. So long as you are planning on going offensive at some point.

Barkskin is another possibility too... with the sheer amount of roots and slows in this game... I have thought about trying this set out just because the stam regen part of it would be decent not to mention the 50% reduction in said negative effects.
      Daggerfall Covenant
      VR16 DragonKnight
    24. Rohaus
      Rohaus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Watching the video closer... he has to be running

Ya... after watching again... he does dodge an awful lot while blocking...

So there we have it... Histbark + Ravaging + Malubeth = GG
      Daggerfall Covenant
      VR16 DragonKnight
    25. Xinthisis
      Xinthisis
      ✭✭✭✭
      @loki547 RIP to Sorc Curse nerf. GG zos, GG.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
    26. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Most of the damage is coming from Greatsword+10% Followup damage from 2H heavy attack+Crit Rush autocrit combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were running Shadow mundus for Crit Rush.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. loki547
        loki547
        ✭✭✭✭
        @Xinthisis It can still can be timed by multiple sorcs? And that's a burst you'd automatically take every 6 sec while they would be free to target you with other affects ;)

Oh and RIP crit heals from Malubeth and perma dodge chance from Hist Bark. GG zos
      2. Xinthisis
        Xinthisis
        ✭✭✭✭
        Most of the damage is coming from Greatsword+10% Followup damage from 2H heavy attack+Crit Rush autocrit combo.

Keen eye there. Don't forget putting a ton of dot damage on shields since they aren't crittable. Dots rip shields.

Mechanics folks, mechanics win fights.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
      3. usmcjdking
        usmcjdking
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

Keen eye there. Don't forget putting a ton of dot damage on shields since they aren't crittable. Dots rip shields.

Mechanics folks, mechanics win fights.

I'm sorry but you have provided no qualitative information in either your video or this thread outside of confirming the already well-known Malubeth.

So, and please be frank with me here, is this a "HEY MA LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" thread or a "Here's some information on how to develop your PVP tank" thread. Because the latter simply doesn't exist insofar as the former does.