Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TANKS THAT DEAL DAMAGE?

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xinthisis wrote: »
    I've been beat down by this build and beat this build down. It's a solid performer. Still don't know why I got tea bagged, I suppose you got your feelers hurted when you had to rez.

Whats your character name? Sometimes we teabag people when so that they come back, and bring more. Helps us get small scale. Other times we bag just because something the other person was doing was irritating.

That's my boy he got that prosperous build
    Smiff
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my boy he got that prosperous build

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/295859/prosperous-build

Mechanics folks, mechanics
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO. Epic post. Who is this @Sordidfairytale ?
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That prosperous build is amazing.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LMFAO. Epic post. Who is this @Sordidfairytale ?

The man with the master plan.
    Smiff
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

This is most likely the answer you are looking for.

Someone has showed me how to achieve the bug. It's super easy to replicate and to activate whenever you want. The effect is removed upon death, which means if you have it by accident, you aren't going to keep it for very long and it's not much of an issue. If you have it for all your fights, I don't believe in the accident.

I won't reveal how to achieve it so as to not ruin the month of pvp we have left before the fix goes live. (and it's against the tos anyways).

reveal your secrets to me

It's not achievable on console.

:(
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

Someone has showed me how to achieve the bug. It's super easy to replicate and to activate whenever you want. The effect is removed upon death, which means if you have it by accident, you aren't going to keep it for very long and it's not much of an issue. If you have it for all your fights, I don't believe in the accident.

I won't reveal how to achieve it so as to not ruin the month of pvp we have left before the fix goes live. (and it's against the tos anyways).

Doesn't mean we can't try @zuto40 ;)
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My eso experience has been a long string of finding out other people have been cheating the whole time. Unsubbed.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're gonna try to exploit. OK.
    PC EU
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're gonna try to exploit. OK.

Never said anything about exploiting. I just want to know what he's running. Never exploited anything in eso, and don't plan on starting any time soon.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are all being tanked on the forum as well as in game right now. Seems the build is bypassing in game mechanics by applying the buffs to the forums... Hax
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    My eso experience has been a long string of finding out other people have been cheating the whole time. Unsubbed.

Who has been cheating the whole time?
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Hears sizzling in the background*

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

The people that would get any post actually identifying them removed immediately.

Some of them are in this thread.... ^,^^^^

All you really need to do is watch some people's videos and look for dodges... and note the absence of anything that lets them dodge. It's been happening for a while now... much to the objection of it's existence by it's perpetrators.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people that would get any post actually identifying them removed immediately.

All you really need to do is watch some people's videos and look for dodges... and note the absence of anything that lets them dodge. It's been happening for a while now... much to the objection of it's existence by it's perpetrators.

Hist bark bug hasn't been around since forever. I also have only seen one video other than this where someone was dodging without shuffle, which he claims is through the use of a different set that gives major evasion/dodge chance. And you also have no proof he isn't using hist bark? Just because he won't release his build (for a good reason, everyone and their grandmother will run it, that's the real reason people want him to release the build, they couldn't care less if he was using a bug or not) doesn't mean he's definitely exploiting. I've played with tank sets myself, not hist bark but other sets where I'm not gaining any damage but the 5pc benefits me in a way similar to hist barks 5pc may benefit Xin so it frees up a skill slot.

By your logic, if I use gossamer, heal my partner and give them major evasion but my friend and I won't release our builds we must be exploiting hist bark?

Xin won't defend himself because it's quite clear people have already decided he's using an exploit with no actual proof.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have it!

This is quite fun and is actually giving me stuff to do :)

I'm gonna see if I can take what I learn from this and apply it to my NB.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a while back when a certain someone was ultra salty against a sorc for exploiting "mechanics". Fun times.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hist bark bug hasn't been around since forever. I also have only seen one video other than this where someone was dodging without shuffle, which he claims is through the use of a different set that gives major evasion/dodge chance. And you also have no proof he isn't using hist bark? Just because he won't release his build (for a good reason, everyone and their grandmother will run it, that's the real reason people want him to release the build, they couldn't care less if he was using a bug or not) doesn't mean he's definitely exploiting. I've played with tank sets myself, not hist bark but other sets where I'm not gaining any damage but the 5pc benefits me in a way similar to hist barks 5pc may benefit Xin so it frees up a skill slot.

By your logic, if I use gossamer, heal my partner and give them major evasion but my friend and I won't release our builds we must be exploiting hist bark?

Xin won't defend himself because it's quite clear people have already decided he's using an exploit with no actual proof.

The option of a possible explanation isn't actually an explanation most of the time.

You don't play on NA PC and see some of these guys. So you are defending them blindly or by what you have seen on videos they choose to post, videos they edit.

I'm not going to bother going into specifics, but your opinion might be a little different if you dealt with them in game a bit. Suffice to say there is a contingent of cheats in game, people that have builds that are built entirely upon exploiting, builds they "play tested" on the pts and called it "theory crafting".

Even Sypher has made the claim that 1vxing versus competent players doesn't usually go down well. Many of the people in question here do exactly that, and survive mostly because you literally can't hit them. It's certainly not just some hist bark bug being exploited, it's more than that. You can sit down and watch a little k video and think "he's really good", but he's not just "really good"... he's probably a good player, you just can't hit him and everything comes from him at mechanical speeds.
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO I didn't know multiple destro ults, siege, jesus beams, negates, and roots spam were dodgeable. Maybe I should go do more testing.

Also, what builds that are "entirely" built on exploits from the PTS are you talking about?
    Don't understand something so it must be an exploit?

Inferiority complex strikes again.
    Edited by Xinthisis on January 12, 2017 5:22PM

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The option of a possible explanation isn't actually an explanation most of the time.

You don't play on NA PC and see some of these guys. So you are defending them blindly or by what you have seen on videos they choose to post, videos they edit.

I'm not going to bother going into specifics, but your opinion might be a little different if you dealt with them in game a bit. Suffice to say there is a contingent of cheats in game, people that have builds that are built entirely upon exploiting, builds they "play tested" on the pts and called it "theory crafting".

Even Sypher has made the claim that 1vxing versus competent players doesn't usually go down well. Many of the people in question here do exactly that, and survive mostly because you literally can't hit them. It's certainly not just some hist bark bug being exploited, it's more than that. You can sit down and watch a little k video and think "he's really good", but he's not just "really good"... he's probably a good player, you just can't hit him and everything comes from him at mechanical speeds.

From my experience most of the "builds" or players called into question these days stems from a lack of knowledge or understanding of what just happened.

If I had to take a guess today of how many times I was sent a tell saying that I was reported for hacking, it would have to be in the late hundreds at this point, simply because some people just don't see how something I did was legitimately possible.

This is not to say there are/haven't been people that cheat. However I think the actual number of those folks is much smaller than people realize.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Misdirection (check out decisive trait, something I clearly don't use), outright lying ("I had no idea about this hist bark bug despite it being present everywhere in my video"), and secrecy (deus ex mechanics) do not lend credence to a well theory-crafted build, much less anything else in life.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows, 1vXing competent players isn't possible. The whole point of 1vXing is to 1vX plebs lol.

I defend Xin because I worked out one of the variations of their build. It took me a while but I got it and tested it myself (they also confirmed I was correct on the sets to make sure before I tested the build in PVP). I didn't perform to the level they do because I didn't play it as much as they are playing it but I could see why they enjoy playing with that setup. I won't confirm or deny whether they use hist bark or not because it is their build, not mine, but I also won't just claim someone is exploiting because they aren't using shuffle and because of reputation.

Think for yourself, you'll work out their build, then you can decide on whether they are exploiting or not. It's not difficult. Good theorycrafting is what we need to see more of in this game, especially in this terrible meta. It's why I'm playing non spinner/lich mag sorc setups. It's something different, and these different setups come from good theorycrafting.

e: As for your last point about mechanical speeds. You realise in a game like ESO, using macros (which I assume you're referring to?) puts you at a disadvantage. Why? Because fights on ESO can change within a second. One minute you're 1v1ing a NB, next minute 50 EP horsemen are running you over. What is a macro going to do for you then? Nothing. You have to think quick, which a macro can't do.
    Edited by KisoValley on January 13, 2017 4:13AM
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Misdirection (check out decisive trait, something I clearly don't use), outright lying ("I had no idea about this hist bark bug despite it being present everywhere in my video"), and secrecy (deus ex mechanics) do not lend credence to a well theory-crafted build, much less anything else in life.

Do you bro, believe what you want to believe.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realise in a game like ESO, using macros (which I assume you're referring to?) puts you at a disadvantage.

I don't want to debate in this thread. But please don't suggest that good players don't use macros. I've seen people saying on these forums that because of the lag, etc, that using macros puts you at a disadvantage. Some have even said that it's all just good animation canceling. But the fact of the matter is that quite a few players use macros, whether it be for using synergies, tying a light attack in with an attack, a break free into heal /shield, or just something to keep you in game instead of timing out to the log in screen.

I am not accusing anyone in this thread of using macros. I just know that I don't. And I know that it happens much more than people are willing to admit.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    You realise in a game like ESO, using macros (which I assume you're referring to?) puts you at a disadvantage.

I don't want to debate in this thread. But please don't suggest that good players don't use macros. I've seen people saying on these forums that because of the lag, etc, that using macros puts you at a disadvantage. Some have even said that it's all just good animation canceling. But the fact of the matter is that quite a few players use macros, whether it be for using synergies, tying a light attack in with an attack, a break free into heal /shield, or just something to keep you in game instead of timing out to the log in screen.

I am not accusing anyone in this thread of using macros. I just know that I don't. And I know that it happens much more than people are willing to admit.

You should try macros and see how useful they are open world. Then you'll see why we say macros aren't all that useful.
    Edited by KisoValley on January 13, 2017 11:23AM
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much sanctimonious posturing without any follow through. These tanks complain that the game is broken because of their build, fully admitting changes are required and it shouldn't be allowed (per this thread and youtube), but refuse to release their build in order to go about forcing meaningful change.

We all know the only way ZOS makes a serious pvp change is when more people abuse it. I'll admit I dont believe these tanks are cheaters, but by whining about how it shouldnt be allowed then continuing to use it without revealing the build they become hypocrites. Keep your build secret, thats fine, but stop bloviating about how broken things are because of it as you clearly enjoy the attention but dont care to actually make an effort to change things.

I personally believe gear inspection of other players, like in wow, would solve a lot of these problems - chiefly the blanket accusations of cheating without proof.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @maxjapank Ask any top tier player and they'll tell you the same thing. Macros don't work out the way people think they will in this game, outside of burst builds. I'm sure people do use macros, but those people are average skill level at best. They get 1vx'd. The top tier players in this game due to the constantly changing circumstances of any given fight do not and will not use macros.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Riggsy For the 12th time, I'm not releasing this build because for what was supposed to be a "Balance" patch zos hasn't done anything to the very simple defensive and offensive mechanics of this build. Not a single change to heavy armor. So, imagine we release the full build and all the inner workings of it and it takes zos another 6 months to fix it because it only really affects pvp. Now every DK is running around permablocking in destro ults with enough potential burst to kill 60-70% of the player base in one combination. Lets not forget how long gap closing into keeps lasted and the only way they got people to stop was to permaban people. Cheat engine with people dropping hundreds of ults and people get unbanned. I could go on and on. Zos does not prioritize pvp at all, and because of that we will not release the build. We (Sribes, Lemur, and I) will however report/send feedback and show the community what is possible.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Riggsy For the 12th time, I'm not releasing this build because for what was supposed to be a "Balance" patch zos hasn't done anything to the very simple defensive and offensive mechanics of this build. Not a single change to heavy armor. So, imagine we release the full build and all the inner workings of it and it takes zos another 6 months to fix it because it only really affects pvp. Now every DK is running around permablocking in destro ults with enough potential burst to kill 60-70% of the player base in one combination. Lets not forget how long gap closing into keeps lasted and the only way they got people to stop was to permaban people. Cheat engine with people dropping hundreds of ults and people get unbanned. I could go on and on. Zos does not prioritize pvp at all, and because of that we will not release the build. We (Sribes, Lemur, and I) will however report/send feedback and show the community what is possible.

I think you all owe me one so I'm turning in the favor.
    Smiff