The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Duelling - Pets are completely broken

Alpheu5
Alpheu5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Upon entering a PvP zone, Sorcerer pets are supposed to gain a 5k health bonus, but when a duel starts they remain at their normal PvE health. This by itself hurts but it isn't the end of the world, and wasn't really explaining why they were dying extraordinarily quickly compared to when I use them in Cyrodiil. However, straight from the Dark Brotherhood patch notes:
In addition to the Area of Effect damage reduction and PvP damage reduction, summoned pets now cannot take more than 45% of their Maximum Life in a single hit.

This entire phrase is thrown out the window. To test this, I had a friend hit my Twilight (which was sitting at a paltry 7k health) with an unbuffed heavy attack. It went from 100% to 27% instantly. Unsummoning and resummoning during a duel the pet doesn't fix this issue and it's crippling just trying to prevent the Clannfear from dying to literally any DoT applied to it.

I already did /bug on these issues but figured I'd post it here too so it was more visible.
Edited by Alpheu5 on September 5, 2016 6:39PM
Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There goes using my sorc in duels
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still the first week of the PTS. Hopefully it's an easy fix and doesn't get left in the live version for PC or consoles.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    It's still the first week of the PTS. Hopefully it's an easy fix and doesn't get left in the live version for PC or consoles.

Youre new here right? ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Youre new here right? ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D Mayrael ! You are savage.

But yea OP, pet fixes are always very very low on their priority list. It usually takes a year until pet bugs get fixed, unless it's a bug that makes them stronger than intended.
    We are waiting for pet health fixes since early 2016 and they haven't even mentioned it yet.

Better live with pets being useless ^^
    The reason why you are experiencing this, is because the 45% barrier only applies to base damage. This 45% can still crit.
    So if your pet has 7k health and gets hit with a 3k heavy attack, this heavy attack can crit for at least 4,5k or more depening on the players CP
    Edited by Dracane on September 13, 2016 10:04AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Youre new here right? ;)

But yea OP, pet fixes are always very very low on their priority list. It usually takes a year until pet bugs get fixed, unless it's a bug that makes them stronger than intended.
    We are waiting for pet health fixes since early 2016 and they haven't even mentioned it yet.

The reason why you are experiencing this, is because the 45% barrier only applies to base damage. This 45% can still crit.
    So if your pet has 7k health and gets hit with a 3k heavy attack, this heavy attack can crit for at least 4,5k or more depening on the players CP

1. Pets aren't useless.
    2. This isn't how it is on live. I've been using pets for a really long time and can say without a doubt they are most certainly broken in the PTS duels. In Cyrodiil they resist things just fine and aren't a liability to have wandering around. PvE is the same story, including against world, dungeon, and trial bosses, in that they aren't obliterated with a single powerful hit.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn*
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Youre new here right? ;)

1. Pets aren't useless.
    2. This isn't how it is on live. I've been using pets for a really long time and can say without a doubt they are most certainly broken in the PTS duels. In Cyrodiil they resist things just fine and aren't a liability to have wandering around. PvE is the same story, including against world, dungeon, and trial bosses, in that they aren't obliterated with a single powerful hit.

Then you simply haven't tested them enough.

I play with them on a daily base and I am aware of all their liddle flaws and secrets. For example, pet health will be stuck at 77% in pvp and they will be unable to heal themselves beyond that, once they have been in combat.
    Since they added this 45% barrier, this 45% was able to crit. Means that player can deal damage beyond this barrier and that's nothing new.

Maybe you are refering to the puncturing sweeps bug. Templars can one shot pets as soon as they are unshielded.
    Either way, this bug is around since months and they show no intention to fix anything so far.
    Edited by Dracane on September 13, 2016 1:10PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.