The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for Weapon Ultimates

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost of the destro staff ult should be significantly decreased.
    It shouldn't cost more than meteor. Meteor provides burst, CC, followed by a long strong dot.

This destro ult should work in a similar way. Instead of this 2 second "OH I am about to use my Ult, pls leave the area now" delay, it should instead deal some direct burst. Destruction staff lacks any kinds of burst, I was really hoping this ult is the reason for us to use this weapon line.

But it just makes me want to use it even less.
    Isn't it funny, how all other weapon ults lack ANY kind of balance ? But with this ult, they are totally cautious and try to balance it with this 2 second delay and this astronomical ult cost.
    Edited by Dracane on September 2, 2016 10:54PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please put out a list of the descriptions of each morph?
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »

There on the first page.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Destro Staff Ultimates be be way underpowered compared to other weapons?

Currently Destro Staff Damage with a Magica Build is way less than all other weapons with stamina builds.

I understand Resto Staves being weak on damage, but either Destro Staves should be more powerful or they should be renamed to "Annoyance Staves".
    This is the official feedback thread for Weapon Ultimates. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What’s your favorite Weapon Ultimate, and why?
    • Are there any Weapon Ultimates that you’d like to see more powerful? Which one, and what would you like to see changed?
    • Are you considering using any of these new Ultimates in place of your current Ultimate? If so, why?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

• Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    What drugs are you guys on that you continue to buff stamina and make the magicka ultimate laughable? This has to be a joke.

Considering we haven't even see the fully leveled and roided out values on the tooltip players will have, I reserve judgement.

My biggest gripe is that the 2H looks VERY PvP oriented, both morphs =/

Yeah, finally a patch that is geared towards PvP. Took them long enough :smiley:
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Just solo'ed Toothmaul Gully, difficulty feels about the same as Wrothgar group dungeons. Used the destro ultimate throughout with an ice staff. I have 3 observations:

1.) I really like that the appearance and effect of the ultimate is in keeping with the staff equipped (assuming that fire and lightning will look different - the ice storm effect was awesome!

2.) The damage output felt about right for an ultimate but the duration felt a little short. Nothing empirical here, just a feeling.

3.) The cost is too high by quite a bit. I think 175 would feel more like it's something I could actually use.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DESTRO ULTI is ALL GARBAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... damn u "W"

what the f......k is that i passed love for magicka but atleast show it some RESPECT.. it is in ur game too
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOW ULTIMATE
    BOW ULTIMATE
    BOW ULTIMATE

yay
    Signature

• SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Weapon Ultimates. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • What’s your favorite Weapon Ultimate, and why?
    • Are there any Weapon Ultimates that you’d like to see more powerful? Which one, and what would you like to see changed?
    • Are you considering using any of these new Ultimates in place of your current Ultimate? If so, why?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    • My favorite Weapon Ultimate is 2H because I can OHKO.
    • Yes, destruction staff. I would like to see the destruction staff ultimate have some sort of utility effect and have the cost reduced to 200.
    • I am considering to replace one of my current Ultimate with the 2H one because I can OHKO.
    • Yes I do have a question, will these ultimate become balanced? I want to come back to ESO live server when this hits. o:)
    Edited by SirMewser on September 2, 2016 11:11PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    2H is OP, nerf it and get rid of the ult refund, leave that as a mechanic of shooting star.

Sword and shield is cool but needs a cost increase, there will be people with probably 75% up time at that cost.

Destro is a joke, reduce cost to 150 ult and increase damage or add a secondary effect.

Totally agree, but I can't overstate the amount of love the Destro ult needs:

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    1380774479316.jpg
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted an aoe taunt but... I'm ok with this. Gonna have a whole lot more fun with a magicka tank now.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »

There on the first page.

Those are only the base versions, not the morphed versions.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1p82ulxr30&amp;feature=youtu.be

LANGUAGE WARNING: (Apparently I can't even make a short video without dropping an f-bomb HAHA)
    7/7 Light Dunmer Magicka DK with maxed relevant passives (obviously not entirely optimal):
    qXTH9.png

The damage is pretty alright, but for it's cost I think it's a bit too high. This seems to do about as much damage as the DOT component of Meteor. You could make the argument that the damage is fine because the radius is very good, however I think it'd be appropriate to lower the cost to 150 or 175. Also, the other morph does a bit less damage but is a radial AOE centered on the player. It's basically Hurricane's Dad.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on September 2, 2016 11:26PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping for a resource restoring Ultimate for Resto staff.
    Disappointed in that regard but having a cheaper version of Warhorn for Healers is pretty useful.
    Argonian forever
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, nice ninja nerf on lightning staff. The channel heavy attack no longer deals aoe damage to nearby enemies, only the final hit does= useless.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I feel stupid for saying this, but isnt bow ultimate actually better for those using bow as second wep and not first? It is already more viable and popular (obviously) It wouldnt hurt throw some bonus bow-main way for a change....
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I was right bow, 2h and duel wield and OP while destruction and resto are meh. here that ringing pick up that phone cause I just called it.
    Edited by RebornV3x on September 3, 2016 12:33AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Btw, nice ninja nerf on lightning staff. The channel heavy attack no longer deals aoe damage to nearby enemies, only the final hit does= useless.

What? >:) Haha!
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »

Really?? Who in their right mind would go for this change the way things are right now??
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »

Yep :) Was out in the wilderness and only wanted to charge ultimate, didn't expect anything evil to happen and then I saw that.
    So yea, the only reason to take lightning staff is gone, as far as I am concerned

Come ooon. You just have to love it, how the weakest weapon line in the game gets nerfed and ignored with any new update. Guess I should just join the Stamina Supremacy movement. I will definately live 5 years longer without all these dissapointments.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are just going to walk out of the destro one or CC and run for the one cast above you within the 2 second build up window. There is no working magicka gap closer except BE to keep the storm on your opponent, so all we got is a stam buff to PvP. The 2 hand one is freaking sick.
    Edited by Armitas on September 2, 2016 11:45PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say the 2H is OP, but there's a move called Radiant Destruction in this game so I think it's perfectly balanced :wink:

Look at it on the brightside.. We don't need a sharpened Maelstrom 2H anymore! Lol
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it, the S&B ulti means it costs no stamina to block but you'd still take damage as you would if you were blocking.
    However, with the low cost for the ulti and the revamped Shrouded armour (now Witchman armour) giving both 7k health and stamina back when activating an ulti, I can see that being the new tanking meta for everything bar vet mode and HM trials.

It might even be the new PvP meta for tanky builds, especially DKs with their passives.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    What’s your favorite Weapon Ultimate, and why?
    Honestly, my favourite thing is that healers can now grant Major Force and this can help pull tanks out of constant need to focus on ult generation in competitive environments.

Are there any Weapon Ultimates that you’d like to see more powerful? Which one, and what would you like to see changed?The destro staff ult. I'd like to see the base ability perma status effect based on type but have slightly lower ult cost to bring in line with meteor.

One morph increases damage, size, duration based on element but may have slightly higher ult cost.

One morph centres on you. The idea of Eye of The Storm is great. It looks like more of a PvP morph but...there has to be an answer to "why should I use this over bat swarm?". Slightly higher damage is great, but Bar Swarm costs significantly less, does maybe 20% less damage and gives you invulnerability. If eye of the storm was chucking out status effects I think it would be a good alternative for a higher ult cost.

That's how it should be IMO.

Are you considering using any of these new Ultimates in place of your current Ultimate? If so, why?
    On my current main (a sorc tank), I may consider swapping to Spell Wall + Suppression field or Absorption Field + Destro Staff depending on how things unfold.

On my stam sorc dps (who is only really used for PvP and vMSA), I probably won't change my ults. (Clouding Swam + DBoS). If I did it would be to use Onslaught in place of DBoS.

On my stamplar tank, I'll probably keep Crescent Sweep + Warhorn for PvE but may switch to Shield Discipline + DBoS for PvP.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I know there is outrage against Onslaught but I think it's balanced. 5 meter range and the ability to dodge it makes it pretty okay in my books.
    Edited by ClockworkArc on September 3, 2016 12:09AM
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    coolermh wrote: »
    The resto one looks op.
    Really? I'm struggling to think of cases when it wouldn't be absolute overhealing... I don't think I'd ever use it. Maybe it would be OP in PVP though.

I'm really disappointed that the restoration staff ultimate does not restore resources, missed opportunity IMO.

Agreed. I was hoping for a return of resources as well. And resto one looks OP, that must be a joke right? PLUS, if a streamer can't kill someone immediately due to the resto ULTI it will get nerfed immediately anyway.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STA DK gains even more power LMFAO. Lowest cost one-shot ULTI for STA DK and also a solid defensive one with 1H+S. unbelievable.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The elemental rage's effect should really be a base effect of the ultimate. This morph can instead add a new effect : ice root and/or slow down every enemies, thunder set everyone off balance, and fire blind every enemies in the area, giving them a 100% miss with everything but magicka aoe.
    The cost must be reduced as well, or the damage greatly increased. Except for the radius, meteor is far better : burst damage, same dot, control, lower cost.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Can someone actually test the destro stave one before others are calling it weak?

Those tooltips in the screenshots are for its basic damage on a low level char, without it pointed out and the weapon properly equipped.

Likewise we need people to actually run proper tests with the ultimates before asessing it.

As posted elsewhere:

On my sorc with ~44k mag and ~2900 spell damage, tooltip reads 4513 over 10 seconds for 213 ultimate. Nice, I guess, for PvE... because the boss isn't bright enough to walk out of it. Zero use in pvp. And no doubt it can be negated.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Noooo I was using that to bring out enemies in stealth sometimes even ball zergs !
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Noooo I was using that to bring out enemies in stealth sometimes even ball zergs !

These days are gone now my dear :neutral:
    Time to adjust to more nerfs.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.