The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Official Discussion Thread for Weapon Ultimates

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we take a moment to look at these ultimates ? Look at dual wield, shield, 2hander, bow and resto staff.
    Behold the power of these ult and how they provide multiple effects, at fairly low cost.

Then please take a look at destruction staff.... Pitiful damage, no secondary effects and an ultimate cost, that surpasses most ults in the game.
    Can we.. can we just remove this weapon line already ? What's the point ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that resto staff ultimate effect with "major force and major protection" 100% uptime passive? If so that is *** nuts. If not then it's garbage since the ult seems to work on only one person, and for a whopping 5sec.
    Edited by clocksstoppe on September 2, 2016 9:47PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    OK, if the post above with the pics is any indication, that S&B ult is way to OP. I could keep probably 60-70% up-time on it, imagine what good tanks could do. Ult needs to be ~200 for something like that.

Really? It seems kinda underwhelming to me.

I mean, an ULTIMATE, and the only effect is that it basically saves you some stamina every now and then. And the more block cost reduction you have, the worse the ultimate is(because it saves less stamina).

Keep in mind that you can use it as templar & be able to use sweeps/jabs while "blocking" & reflecting attacks.
    it can be tested on live: channeling does not combines with block and cannot be block casted, also it does not protect you from everything - it still blocks same amount of damage as non-ultimate block, so it's won't become something which S&B magplar will use widely.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on September 2, 2016 9:52PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    LORD ALMIGHTY BOW CALM DOWN

YOU CRAZY BOI

There is nothing crazy about that damage, it is roughly the same as soul assault with double the cost and no slow effect to you or the target. It's over 4 seconds, so you are looking at 10k a second on a 175 cost channel. The 2H will give you almost 20k instant that ignores mitigation so more like 30k, and one morph refunds cost if you kill the target.

With so many players running pretty low physical resistance due to light or medium armour, yeah its "not a problem" dealing 42K+ physical damage at all.

Soul assult deals magic damage, and most players, by default, have decent spell resistance.

Mind you you still have the flimsy magicka DK class that still can not self heal, deal average damage or even get in or out of situations like every other class out there.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Destro ultimate is the WORST. If the 2 second pause before firing doesn't make it worthless for PvP, the weak damage over time will!

Why can't Magicka users have a strong BURST ultimate?

You mean other than Overload? (j/k) I agree though that Magicka skills/ults are just being outpaced by stamina to the point of idiocy. Even the new sets are letting stamina users stack even more weapon damage and it was already far beyond a magicka user. The sad part is that the power creep is beyond insane at this point and stamina OHKO builds are better than ever.
    Is that resto staff ultimate effect with "major force and major protection" 100% uptime passive? If so that is *** nuts. If not then it's garbage since the ult seems to work on only one person, and for a whopping 5sec.

According to the description it only lasts for 5s. I agree that it would be better to have the effect act as a separate buff and last for fixed duration.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on September 2, 2016 9:54PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    The 2H ultimate is absurd when combined with the PVP meta for 2H. Rework it entirely.

This. And one more thing - rework Destruction staves too.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question here.
    1. Does the Maelstrom Dual-Wield's Cruel Flurry work with the bow ultimate?
    2. Does the duration for any of the ultimates increase as the rank goes up? (Rank II, III, IV)?
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    Very happy with bow and dual wield. Bit confused on S+H, is it frontal? complete mitigation?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the 2H is OP, but there's a move called Radiant Destruction in this game so I think it's perfectly balanced :wink:
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    LORD ALMIGHTY BOW CALM DOWN

YOU CRAZY BOI

There is nothing crazy about that damage, it is roughly the same as soul assault with double the cost and no slow effect to you or the target. It's over 4 seconds, so you are looking at 10k a second on a 175 cost channel. The 2H will give you almost 20k instant that ignores mitigation so more like 30k, and one morph refunds cost if you kill the target.

With so many players running pretty low physical resistance due to light or medium armour, yeah its "not a problem" dealing 42K+ physical damage at all.

Soul assult deals magic damage, and most players, by default, have decent spell resistance.

Mind you you still have the flimsy magicka DK class that still can not self heal, deal average damage or even get in or out of situations like every other class out there.

? Seriously?

It won't be 42k in Cryodiil it will be 21k, it won't even be that much with mitigation, it will likely be more like 18k, at which point it is dealing 4.25k per second. Which is pathetic compared to other ultimates and pathetic for damage in general, especially as an interruptable cloakable channel.

Soul Assault also looks amazing when you only look at the maximum damage, but try it in Cyrodiil, rarely will it dent a target, it is far to easy to block, interrupt, cloak, and then you have wasted your ult, except with Soul Assault you have wasted only 100 ult not 175.

Since Cost came up lets look at ult cost compared to output, Soul Assault costs almost half the amount of the new bow ultimate but does roughly the same damage, but it also slows the target so they cant LOS you.

Now we won't know until its fully tested but it appears with even half a rationale interrogation that the bow ultimate isn't to be desired.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 1h shield one though..Holy ***..

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow ultimate with the ballista morph seem really good, because you can use it and then attack the target (stun, especially).
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In favor of the resto ultimate: It only buff one target and is not AOE
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the tank Ult.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    I dueled someone a bit ago and hit them for around 7.5k with the new 2H ultimate. Noncrit, but I don't believe they had any impen on (landed an 11.5k crit WB) so, the damage really isn't too bad. It's not much different than Incap.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    The bow ultimate with the ballista morph seem really good, because you can use it and then attack the target (stun, especially).

For 1v1 sure, outside of that you are looking at a 175 ult that may or may not do much if any damage to the target. The damage is not high when you take into account battle spirit and that it is over 4 seconds.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    RESTO: https://puu.sh/qXIQJ.png
    DESTRO: https://puu.sh/qXIRY.png
    BOW: https://puu.sh/qXITO.png
    DW: https://puu.sh/qXIVt.png
    SHIELD: https://puu.sh/qXIWH.png
    2H: https://puu.sh/qXIXw.png

No gear/skills/anything setup yet.

Bow one on a maxed character without food: (JFC that damage) https://puu.sh/qXIGn.png
    Thank you @ArtOfShred for posting that for those of us who can't check for ourselves yet!

qXPCl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLb33K8UO30
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's at the very least test this *** out before every one starts calling OP... seriously people...
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone actually test the destro stave one before others are calling it weak?

Those tooltips in the screenshots are for its basic damage on a low level char, without it pointed out and the weapon properly equipped.

Likewise we need people to actually run proper tests with the ultimates before asessing it.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see ZoS wants the 2H dominance of Cyrodiil to continue.

Also it is clear the devlopers who originally came up with the original functioning for the resto and destro staves have long left ZoS and have been replaced by people who do not play magicka based characters. At all.

As if it was bad enough for one and a half years now my "magicka" characters and healers [!] have been running around with SWORDS (and shields) waiting for this day when weapon ultimates might, just might, make these lousy weapons actually worth equipping.

Nope. And an emphatic nope at that.

The Destro staff ultimate, like the weapon, is terrible. 100% useless in PvP and just replicates AOE ultimates like Veil and Standard, without even providing the key secondary features such as damge mitigation or boost. The only skill worth using from a destro staff is wall of elements in PvE (and even then pretty much requiring a Maelstrom). It's a joke when compared to the 2H ultimate.

The restoration staff ultiamte is also just bad. I'm going to heal one ally (not even me!) for 7K a second for 5 seconds? When would I ever use this? Never. The most dangerous damaging attack I have had to heal a tank through is the Hel Ra's final boss swipe attack and I do not need to waste a 125 ultimate to do that. Those healers that are desperate enough to take this are always the Light's Champion morph and the only reason they are doing that is for the accompanying buffs. I might have considering using this specific morph in PvP for the sole purpose of having those buffs, but there is zero guarantee that I won't blow my ultimate just to have it land on some PUG nearby. Please make this something healers would actually want to use, not solo PvP players looking to get powerful buffs.

As others have noted, the 2H ult is ridiculously strong, but that's not surprising seeing how much you developers love your 2H stam builds.

That being said, I do think there was one ultimate that was nicely designed: the sword & shield. Tanks may be underwhelmed, but I'm not sure it's designed for them: they already have so much cheap blocking that it's superfluous. Non-tanks who use sword and shield however, wow, that's a really nice effect. My light armor stamina starved templar is salivating at the thought of replacing its useless ultimate with this, especially since Zos's magicka "system" requires me to use a shield in the first place. If I am reading this right, for 6 seconds I get auto-blocking, that mitigation, CC immunity (except fear), and unlimited reflect spells while I can jab-jab-jab and RD away without worrying about the downsides of a channel? Yeah, I'd take that in a second for half the cost of a meteor that my target would simply block.

Oh wait, nevermind. Listen to other people that say it's underwhelming and buff it plox...
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 2, 2016 10:28PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Can someone actually test the destro stave one before others are calling it weak?

Those tooltips in the screenshots are for its basic damage on a low level char, without it pointed out and the weapon properly equipped.

Likewise we need people to actually run proper tests with the ultimates before asessing it.

Believe me, it's as bad as it seems.
    The cost is way too high. For what it does, it should have 100 ult base cost maximum.

I tested it for pve dps.... meteor deals more than 3 times the dps with same stats AND has a higher uptime.
    I wasn't able to test it in pvp yet, but it's safe to say, that it's the most useless ult here.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also it is clear the devlopers who originally came up with the abilities for the resto and destro staves have long left ZoS and have been replaced by people who do not play magicka based characters. At all.

As if it was bad enough for one and a half years now my "magicka" characters and healers [!] have been running around with SWORDS (and shields) waiting for this day when weapon ultimates might, just might, make these lousy weapons actually worth equipping.

The Destro staff ultimate, like the weapon, is terrible. 100% useless in PvP and just replicates AOE ultimates like Veil and Standard, without even providing the key secondary features such as damge mitigation or boos. The only skill worth using from a destro staff is wall of elements in PvE (and even then pretty much requiring a Maelstrom). It's a joke when comapred to the 2H ultimate.

The restoration staff ultiamte is also just bad. I'm going to heal one ally (not even me!) for 7K a second for 5 seconds? When would I ever use this? Never. The most dangerous damaging attack I have had to heal a tank through is the Hel Ra's final boss swipe attack and I do not need to waste a 125 ultimate to do that. Those healers that are desperate enough to take this are always the Light's Champion morph and the only reason they are doing that is for the accompanying buffs. I might have considering using this specific morph in PvP for the sole purpose of having those buffs, but there is zero guarantee that I won't blow my ultimate just to have it land on some PUG nearby. Please make this something healers would actually want to use, not solo PvP players looking to get powerful buffs.

As others have noted, the 2H ult is ridiculously strong, but that's not surprising seeing how much you developers love your 2H stam builds.

That being said, I do think there was one ultimate that was nicely designed: the sword & shield. Tanks may be underwhelmed, but I'm not sure it's designed for them: they already have so much cheap blocking that it's superfluous. Non-tanks who use sword and shield however, wow, that's a really nice effect. My light armor stamina starved templar is salivating at the thought of replacing its useless ultimate with this, especially since Zos's magicka "system" requires me to use a shield in the first place. If I am reading this right, for 6 seconds I get auto-blocking, that mitigation, CC immunity (except fear), while I can jab-jab-jab and RD away without worrying about the downsides of a channel? Yeah, I'd take that in a second for half the cost of a meteor that my target would simply block.

Oh wait, nevermind. Listen to other people that say it's underwhelming and buff it plox...

Is the restro ultimate tooltip saying "you and one ally" ? If so, this ultimate can be useful for solo or duo pvp, you get a guaranteed buff/heal along with one ally.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also it is clear the devlopers who originally came up with the abilities for the resto and destro staves have long left ZoS and have been replaced by people who do not play magicka based characters. At all.

The Destro staff ultimate, like the weapon, is terrible. 100% useless in PvP and just replicates AOE ultimates like Veil and Standard, without even providing the key secondary features such as damge mitigation or boost. The only skill worth using from a destro staff is wall of elements in PvE (and even then pretty much requiring a Maelstrom). It's a joke when compared to the 2H ultimate.

That being said, I do think there was one ultimate that was nicely designed: the sword & shield. Tanks may be underwhelmed, but I'm not sure it's designed for them: they already have so much cheap blocking that it's superfluous. Non-tanks who use sword and shield however, wow, that's a really nice effect. My light armor stamina starved templar is salivating at the thought of replacing its useless ultimate with this, especially since Zos's magicka "system" requires me to use a shield in the first place. If I am reading this right, for 6 seconds I get auto-blocking, that mitigation, CC immunity (except fear), and unlimited reflect spells while I can jab-jab-jab and RD away without worrying about the downsides of a channel? Yeah, I'd take that in a second for half the cost of a meteor that my target would simply block.

I personally think the 1hd/shield one is the best one

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The destro ultimate is like a moving lightning flood, for 213 ultimate! How embarrassing. I'll probably use the one hand and shield ultimate lol
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anybody test the Destruction Staff ultimate with a proper PVE DPS setup please?

Lots of people are already putting it down without even properly testing it.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »

Believe me, it's as bad as it seems.
    The cost is way too high. For what it does, it should have 100 ult base cost maximum.

I tested it for pve dps.... meteor deals more than 3 times the dps with same stats AND has a higher uptime.
    I wasn't able to test it in pvp yet, but it's safe to say, that it's the most useless ult here.

I don't often agree with posts centered around magicka getting the slight but I cant argue with this, the Destro ultimate looks incredibly weak compared to any of the others.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H/bow meta will continue thanks to these ultimates.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

The Destro staff ultimate, like the weapon, is terrible. 100% useless in PvP and just replicates AOE ultimates like Veil and Standard, without even providing the key secondary features such as damge mitigation or boos. The only skill worth using from a destro staff is wall of elements in PvE (and even then pretty much requiring a Maelstrom). It's a joke when comapred to the 2H ultimate.

That being said, I do think there was one ultimate that was nicely designed: the sword & shield. Tanks may be underwhelmed, but I'm not sure it's designed for them: they already have so much cheap blocking that it's superfluous. Non-tanks who use sword and shield however, wow, that's a really nice effect. My light armor stamina starved templar is salivating at the thought of replacing its useless ultimate with this, especially since Zos's magicka "system" requires me to use a shield in the first place. If I am reading this right, for 6 seconds I get auto-blocking, that mitigation, CC immunity (except fear), while I can jab-jab-jab and RD away without worrying about the downsides of a channel? Yeah, I'd take that in a second for half the cost of a meteor that my target would simply block.

Is the restro ultimate tooltip saying "you and one ally" ? If so, this ultimate can be useful for solo or duo pvp, you get a guaranteed buff/heal along with one ally.

Nope. According to the screenshot provided earlier in the thread, it says you OR one ally.

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2H is OP, nerf it and get rid of the ult refund, leave that as a mechanic of shooting star.

Sword and shield is cool but needs a cost increase, there will be people with probably 75% up time at that cost.

Destro is a joke, reduce cost to 150 ult and increase damage or add a secondary effect.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Tested Rend and Eye of Lightning so far. Here's my first impression feedback.

Rend - Strong but underwhelming. The animation is boring and gauging how far and wide the aoe will be is difficult mid combat. I'm never quite sure if I can hit an entire pack and up to what range. This ultimate will get used regardless due to its massive damage utility or healing, but I really think ult needs a redo. It doesn't feel like an epic moment or a unique utility. Its just boring.

Eye of X - The Destro staff ultimate is extremely showy. I wish i could stomach magicka sorc so I could use it ( wheres the stafff hybrid sets at?). It feels good to use and has two distinct morphs. Not boring. The damage however appears to be lacking compared to its physical counterpart rend. May need a little more juice to get this one going.

I mean come on though. You gonna sit there and tell me the storm isn't comin?

Edited by exiledtyrant on September 2, 2016 10:52PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent