The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Price of all the DLC keeps me from playing.

klineklinus89ub17_ESO
klineklinus89ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
coming back to the game and finding out there is all this dlc and to get it all is....*adds numbers* ... Way too overpriced!
sorry Zenimax but I don't plan on renting any of it with ESO plus and the price tag of all that DLC is going to keep me from picking this game back up

Unless there is a way to convert ingame money to cash shop money that I don't know about I wont be paying for DLC that is the price of 9500 crowns or rather 100$

later
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Well too bad you too cheap to buy it, but on the other hand you dont have to in order to play the game.
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just pay for a subscription for $15 a month, play them all within 1-2 months, then cancel your sub. That's at most $30 and 3000 crowns to buy the one you really like best when its all over. Or be like those of us who are satisfied with just the base game that costs nothing except the initial purchase cost, which I heard is currently on sale on Steam.
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    subs $15/month will give you access to ALL of the DLC, its the way to go
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I've never bought a single DLC. I've just kept my sub running whenever I've played and of course when/if it ran out, I wouldn't be able to go to those DLC areas, but big deal? I mainly PvP in Cyrodiil. I like subbing though, crafting bags, free costume dye (soon) and of course other perks.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's more than enough in the base game.

DLC is always overpriced, no matter what game.
    Options
  • klineklinus89ub17_ESO
    klineklinus89ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    sorry Zenimax but I don't plan on renting any of it with ESO plus and the price tag of all that DLC is going to keep me from picking this game back up
    Brrrofski wrote: »

yeah and I don't plan on playing a incomplete experiance

the price on all this DLC needs to come down way the flip down and I also don't own the game on steam I bought it before it went on steam so no discount for me.
    Options
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    If you have already paid for the game it seems a bit silly not to play it because you won't buy the dlc as well. The Base game is absolutely massive, took me around 150 hours to play through the first playthrough which equals a third of the base accessible areas not to mention Cyrodil.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

the price on all this DLC needs to come down way the flip down and I also don't own the game on steam I bought it before it went on steam so no discount for me.

Well don't. Nobody is making you. For all the complaints about this game, DLC pricing isn't really one of them.
    Options
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭

With some games, I would agree but having finally got round to playing TG, which I purchased on release, I;m having great fun. I will get a min of 20-30 hours out of it, probably much more. For 1,500 crowns = £8.99 that works out to be between 44 and 30 pence an hour. I consider that to be very good value. I'm someone who, despite limited skills, likes to get all the achievements so I can see it taking me well over 50 hours. Very little you can do entertainment wise in the UK for 18 pence an hour.

I understand that I'm lucky to live a wealthy country and that value is relative to one's background and situation, however, I feel that TG is very much worth the price
    Options
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wait for the next dlc release when the crown prices will drop by 50%.

if you dont want just subscribe and get all of them for a limited time
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. For people coming or returning right now without having purchased any DLC, subbing is the obvious way to go.
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub, Sub,Sub When you count in the crowns you get its like only $50 extra a year. $4.20 a month 14 cents a day.

Is it really that hard?
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the most expensive console game for sure. Subbing is way more expensive than for instance a season pass for quarterly dlc on battlefield or cod (and they don't break the game) I get the dlc is much bigger per say but we pay for the time to play and other games cheaper dlc certainly doesn't wear off it prolongs the longevity of them just as much as these. No other game costs £100 a year nor performs as bad. I remember when EA released naval strike for BF4 and it was buggy as hell but they fixed it very quick on all platforms at the same time.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily agree with OP, but I wish Zenimax would make a crown pack for returning players. All the crowns you need to buy all the updates for a discounted price that is a little more significant than the packages of crowns currently available. That or have more crown sales like they had with the release of TG, those I think, would help a lot as returning players are far more likely to come back as a new extension is being released.

Alas, I doubt they will do either of those. The tendency seems to be 2000 crown DLCs with ever mingling content. This new DLC coming out soon-ish is simply terrible, it offers barely no new content... :(
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grao I'm not sure why you bother playing, no offense but reading your posts it's painfully obvious you are frustrated.

As far a dlc goes OP you don't have to purchase it to play the base game. I see you have been a member of this forum for two years and was also a participant in beta. Don't let the doom and gloom get to you around here. This is a typical forum filled with people who are frustrated. No different then any other gaming forum.

Play the game and decide for yourself if you want to invest in dlc. But don't listen to forum folks alone. Makeup your own mind. Good luck
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subscribe.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grao I'm not sure why you bother playing, no offense but reading your posts it's painfully obvious you are frustrated.

As far a dlc goes OP you don't have to purchase it to play the base game. I see you have been a member of this forum for two years and was also a participant in beta. Don't let the doom and gloom get to you around here. This is a typical forum filled with people who are frustrated. No different then any other gaming forum.

Play the game and decide for yourself if you want to invest in dlc. But don't listen to forum folks alone. Makeup your own mind. Good luck

Oh, I went from a serious player in ESO to rather casual a while back, I am indeed very frustrated by Zenimax and several of their decisions. A pity, I really do love the game, I think it has amazing potential but eh... Zenimax. Whenever Legion comes out I will likely be trying that, Demon Hunters look cool.
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to derail this thread but I hope you have fun in Legion! Will do you good to take a break, maybe come back when things get fixed more.
    Options
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    I don't necessarily agree with OP, but I wish Zenimax would make a crown pack for returning players. All the crowns you need to buy all the updates for a discounted price that is a little more significant than the packages of crowns currently available. That or have more crown sales like they had with the release of TG, those I think, would help a lot as returning players are far more likely to come back as a new extension is being released.

Alas, I doubt they will do either of those. The tendency seems to be 2000 crown DLCs with ever mingling content. This new DLC coming out soon-ish is simply terrible, it offers barely no new content... :(

So people who are returning and haven't subbed in a while get to buy crowns cheaper while the people who have had active subs and gave money to the company don't get a discount? Dude there would be mass hysteria if they did that. That's like what Sky do, "oh your leaving us well why don't you have this half price package for 6 months while the rest of the idiots can carry on paying full price"
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could wait for a sale, or just pick the one that sounds most interesting and buy it. Nothing says you have to buy all of them at the same time. There are only so many hours in a day after all.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well don't. Nobody is making you. For all the complaints about this game, DLC pricing isn't really one of them.

This. There are a lot of Things wrong with the game. DLC prices isn't really one of them. I was way more outraged at that 4000 crown mount lol.
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. There are a lot of Things wrong with the game. DLC prices isn't really one of them. I was way more outraged at that 4000 crown mount lol.

well, no one forces you to buy that cr**. ;) you might miss a few things without buying a dlc but you certainly won't miss anything when not buying an overpriced mount. ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What discount? I don't get a single discount for owning the game through steam, in fact I pay more because I got the damn thing through steam.

If you're too cheap to spend $15 on a sub for 1 month then don't play and don't complain. If you owned the game before steam then you would've paid a $15 sub...
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkoil wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »

So people who are returning and haven't subbed in a while get to buy crowns cheaper while the people who have had active subs and gave money to the company don't get a discount? Dude there would be mass hysteria if they did that. That's like what Sky do, "oh your leaving us well why don't you have this half price package for 6 months while the rest of the idiots can carry on paying full price"

This is a stimulus for players that left to return and increase the game player base. Those player may even become subscribers again. You do realise when you buy an expansion to a game like WoW for instance, that you buy all the expansions since you stopped playing, right?

The new WoW coming out is being sold for about 40 usd and it gives you a level up to the previous max level in any one character + all the previous expansions you didn't buy previously, this expansion, will as usual be updated with new raids for 'free' along the year. Yes, it is a subscription game, but their subscription is only 7 usd.

Meanwhile a returning player to ESO will spend 9,500 crowns + 2000 crowns in a a month or so, that is 11,500 crowns which is the equivalent of about 88 usd. That... That is a lot of money to spend in a game and the subscription to ESO+ is a little on salty side.

Here is a simple comparison, in 1 year of ESO+ you will spend 180 usd. In one year of WoW you will spend 125 usd, that price including buying the expansion released every year. So yes, I think ZOS could make deals to attract returning players that are not necessarily interested in maintaining a subscription that not everyone finds very attractive.
    Edited by Grao on June 30, 2016 11:22AM
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well, no one forces you to buy that cr**. ;) you might miss a few things without buying a dlc but you certainly won't miss anything when not buying an overpriced mount. ;)

I certainly didn't buy it ... Just found it revolting. That's twice a DLC's price.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

What discount? I don't get a single discount for owning the game through steam, in fact I pay more because I got the damn thing through steam.

If you're too cheap to spend $15 on a sub for 1 month then don't play and don't complain. If you owned the game before steam then you would've paid a $15 sub...

The game is constantly at a lower price on Steam than the original price. That is likely what he was talking about.
    Options
  • cravnbeer
    cravnbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Such whining over nothing.

You do not need any of the DLCs. You can buy one at a time and at your leisure. If you want access to all you can just sub.
    Edited by cravnbeer on June 30, 2016 11:32AM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure eventually ESO will offer "DLC packs" where you get several DLCs for one discounted price... but right now we only have four DLCs... and now they're doing 'small content packs'- so it wouldn't surprise me if they offer the previous four DLCs bundled together soon.

Furthermore OP, try going over to DCUO where they have tons of DLCs... think you're behind the eight-ball here, and over there they have severe limitations on what you can do playing F2P and not subscribing. I always subscribed because I found F2P way too limiting, at least ESO is a lot more fair with the B2P. Imagine if ESO restricted B2P players access to only 2,000 of their earned gold and to access more you had to buy access via game store... and even that access is limited and not permanent.

Yeah, other games are MUCH MUCH worse than ESO.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 30, 2016 11:34AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The subscription is not bad, for the time being. Really, for me, there is nothing more to the DLC areas after all the quests are done, other than for farming mats, ores and doing the repeatable for XP. I've been at this for 3 months now and basically finished all the quests from the main and DLCs (prior to DB) within 3 weeks of playtime. DB only took a few days. For a bit over two months now, I just been grinding the repeatable, going back and forth doing assassin contracts, doing rounds of dolmen, and dungeons just to get XP towards leveling up the CP to 501. I finally made it into the 400 and figured I'll hit 501 within the next few weeks.

After 501.. so then what? It's been so monotonous grinding the same thing everyday and boringness is slowing creeping up. Unless another cool DLC comes out and/or the CP cap increases enough to say wow, what's there more, after you're all gold-out, millions in your bank and no longer need XP for CP. Doubt it the subscription will be any value to me after this. Other than PvP, I'm still not sure what the heck all those 501s are doing in and around all the areas in Tamriel. I mean, by the time you've reached 501, you should already have all your armor, gear and weapons in gold and pretty much have all the achievements, trials and dungeons done. Kudos for those 501s still running around, outside of Cyrodiil.

Some people will probably say or maybe post a reply to this.. well, why are you even playing if the only thing you doing is for XP and seems like there is nothing more for you in ESO. I'll pull the trigger and put the answer before someone even mentions it. I'm a self-proclaimed perfectionist. Yes, after the initial 3-weeks, I could've push ESO aside and go into Assassin Creed: Syndicate or the recent DLC for The Witcher 3 (which I'm itching back for both.) However, getting schooled in Cyrodiil for my first couple PvP encounters and getting my arse handed back to me gift-wrapped (even when I was the previous V16), I've been obsessed with trying to get more powerful and capping the CP and then going back into Cyrodiil for some much due payback. So yeah, the DLCs and subscription are making money off me right now.
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭

incomplete experience?, really?, theres already sh*t ton of content in the game, i even subs/buy the DLC when iam already spent 700 hours into the game
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options