The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cheating and Exploits

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL ESO is still cheaters paradise and ZOS dgaf about quality, integrity, or anything but $$$
  • Voltranox
    Voltranox
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @Voltranox I believe some ppl are extremely good at animation canceling and you can account for some of the scenarios for lag. But I do believe that macros are used in game.

Ive seen instances where I or ppl with me have had no lag spikes and are in essence, one shotted and see 5 or more skills in death recap in 1-2 seconds.

Call it what you will, but I'd wager if the put a comprehensive system in place to detect these things, one of two things would happen,
    1, you wouldn't see things lIke that occur half as much or
    2, you wouldn't see those players anymore

Yeah. An easy game to learn, but challenging to master. Good fun. :)

The problem is that since the hacks are not being addressed, you can never be sure exactly what is going on (other than the fact that some players are getting a grossly unfair advantage, economically and competitively).

Imagine a scenario where:
    1. ZOS implements a fix to the cheating (come on. just do it. surely it can't be THAT hard or expensive to accomplish).
    2. They make an official announcement (and continue to communicate openly with the ESO player community).
    3. Players who attempt to hack get detected and permanently banned (or can't do it in the first place).

The results would be:
    1. Great publicity and great enthusiasm from their customers.
    2. An even playing field for all, in all areas of the game (as it should be; obviously!).

If ZOS stood in solidarity with the genuine players, it would created a trusted environment to play the game:
    1. If a player got great scores on the various leaderboards, it would genuinely be a badge of accomplishment.
    2. If you get whipped in PvP, you could be impressed by their skill and character build.
    3. If someone wanted to put in the time to farm crafting materials, it would give them a well earned economic advantage.
    4. It would eliminate the feeling of suspicion and mistrust generated by the hacking and cheating.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voltranox wrote: »

The problem is that since the hacks are not being addressed, you can never be sure exactly what is going on (other than the fact that some players are getting a grossly unfair advantage, economically and competitively).

Imagine a scenario where:
    1. ZOS implements a fix to the cheating (come on. just do it. surely it can't be THAT hard or expensive to accomplish).
    2. They make an official announcement (and continue to communicate openly with the ESO player community).
    3. Players who attempt to hack get detected and permanently banned (or can't do it in the first place).

The results would be:
    1. Great publicity and great enthusiasm from their customers.
    2. An even playing field for all, in all areas of the game (as it should be; obviously!).

If ZOS stood in solidarity with the genuine players, it would created a trusted environment to play the game:
    1. If a player got great scores on the various leaderboards, it would genuinely be a badge of accomplishment.
    2. If you get whipped in PvP, you could be impressed by their skill and character build.
    3. If someone wanted to put in the time to farm crafting materials, it would give them a well earned economic advantage.
    4. It would eliminate the feeling of suspicion and mistrust generated by the hacking and cheating.

Yeah, that would be nice, but it runs contrary to their business plan.

They are not all that interested in community relations. I would imagine that they wish they could spend less on the forums than they do, like with other Bethesda published games. I think the ESO forum has more traffic than the whole bethesda.net forum.

I doubt that they see cheating as being as disruptive as many players here in the forum. Yeah, it is a problem, but nothing urgent. They will not spend money on something they don't believe deserves the additional expense.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 24, 2017 1:53AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, why not jump into the PS4 NA cyordil server and watch live now, all the DK,s jumping on to the walls etc? Just go to Ash and you can watch it.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    hamgatan wrote: »
    Is it possible to data inject against dodgeroll/bolt escape cooldowns? Or is it more likely someone froze their resource pool?

Reason I ask is I was outrun last night by a mag sorc who did no fewer than a dozen simultaneous bolt escapes.. one after another.. which should be theoretically impossible, no one has a mag pool of the size required to do that. Base cost of 3410, and then (3410 x 1.5) x 11 = 59,675k mag pool which wouldn't have been full either because they had popped lightning form just prior, meaning over 60k. Even with return and necropotence.. it's mathematically impossible to do that.

Plus, I was on my stam sorc orc with rapids/hurricane up/steed mundus/divines/speed pot/windrunning + dark stride/fiords... Nothing should be faster no?

You have to account for a potion pop and magicka regen and the possibility of magicka cost reduction.

A high magicka regen sorc could likely pull it off. Limiting things to all the bolt escapes were cast back to back (probably didn't happen like that) that's 12 seconds and with 2500 magicka regen they would have gained 15000 magicka back and add a potion pot and it becomes a bit more reasonable to believe it can occur. The 59,675k -15000 -8000(ish) drops to 36k ish, and that's not even taking into account any cost reduction they may have (seducer etc.)

Seducer or Lich (or warlock) changes things entirely when you think about it...

It would have to be Lich/Warlock if anything - that's the only way I could see it happening realistically after rerunning the numbers. I've run gold Lich on my Healer back since it was over a million gold for the set, and when it procs I'm up somewhere like 4.5k mag regen.

Streaks were all back to back. Dude was spamming it. Don't think any cost reduction enchants either because Frag hit for 9k.. which would suggest spell damage to me?

Let's say hypothetically player had 56k in their pool with Necro/Undaunted Mettle/Food Buff/Bound Aegis/Inner Light.. As the player didn't have pets out, that would drop to 52k. Plus 12 seconds of regular regen (if they were 2.5k magicka regen) = 15k as you said.. and accomodate for one pot in that time, so 7.5k. Total pool size effectively is 74.5k.

Cost of 12 simultaneous bolts - 59,675. Left with 14,825. Cost of Boundless Storm (went into it when i first engaged with LA) = 4050. Left with 10,825. Haunting Curse, 2970.. Proc Frag.. 2025.. Wrath x 2... 4860.. left with below 1k magicka in the pool. No LA/HA to regen either.. sitting duck. but such was not the case. Oh and i forgot, they repopped Boundless again so we're in the negatives still even if we count the regen between Streaks stopping and final Wrath.

If Lich hypothetically kicked in, it'd be at the 7 second mark, and on 2.5k regen it will give close to 3.9k after procced.. so 8750 regen + 9750 regen = 18500 which is an additional 3.5k magicka back only.. or one more cast. So on second thought yeah it'd be possible, but only with Lich/Warlock I think.. (Warlock would have given more)

Your math dun goofed. This is cumulative, not just last cast. Acutal number is in the hundreds of thousands, making it impossible without glitch exploit.

There is video floating around of someone doing the same thing with dodgeroll. It seems to be like a super secret konami code that the devs put in for their enjoyment but gets figured out and exploited, or worse, an unintended mistake.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on July 22, 2017 7:15PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ABOUT THIS on the PS4 NA SERVER!!!
    =============
    This is new info, or old info that is not being discussed, that i haven't read on these forums.
    Last guild trader changeover = 10 of the traders in Wayrest, Elden Root, Craglorn, and Reaper's March were held by dummy guilds. I checked who won the initial bid and checked 18 hours later and those 10 spots were occupied by very high profile guilds.

Problems;
    1) guilds are getting these spots to sell them to big guilds who don't win their bid and/or,
    2) high profile guilds are creating dummy guilds to try to "hold" a spot if they don't win their bid or sell if they win their first choice spot.
    3) someone has figured out that these guilds will pay 5+ million for these spots and are sniping them to resell.
    4) ???

The issue, from my point of view = that of a smaller guild leader...this seems an exploit/work around of the "1 guild gets to bid on 1 trader."

To reiterate; the guild(s) doing this have outcomes = 1 trader, or 1 trader and a trader to sell, or no trader...whereas non exploiters still have only outcomes = trader or no trader.

FURTHER = the exploit/work around users are hurting a smaller guilds ability/chance to get lucky move up that is inherent in the guild bidding system as it was designed.

===================================

+++I suggest an easy fix = a guild that wins a guild trader bid is not "disbandable" until they have no guild trader---they must exist until they are not occupying a stall.+++
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • WinterBelle08
    WinterBelle08
    ✭✭
    There are a ton of bots in Betnikh near Carved Hills Wayshrine on Xbox One NA Server. Every time I go there to get materials I see bots. No point in reporting, because ZOS isn't going to do anything about it anyways. But I just thought I would let them know in case they actually do care...
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    i give up, its pointless, no matter how hard is to report any1 in eso its just waste of time , zos is doing nothing , events like current one only spawns more cheaters and boters and unplayable ping rates

its my 1st time in my mmo history when i request a refund 170723-003367 i love elder scrolls but current trend is just outragous
  • WinterBelle08
    WinterBelle08
    ✭✭
    By the way, most of the bots are gold farmers. Which is why there are bot accounts spamming in text chat about selling gold on a gold selling website. This is against ZOS terms of service. Also, if people are not smart enough and actually buy gold from those spamming bots and have their money stolen. The person controlling the bots is committing fraud, which is a crime punishable by federal authorities. And if ZOS lets something like this happen they too will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. I'm going to laugh my arse off if people from ZOS get thrown into prison for letting stuff like this happen on their game.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    Also the Mementos that spawn ghosts that let you skip to final boss in RoM....it's totally stupid
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, most of the bots are gold farmers. Which is why there are bot accounts spamming in text chat about selling gold on a gold selling website. This is against ZOS terms of service. Also, if people are not smart enough and actually buy gold from those spamming bots and have their money stolen. The person controlling the bots is committing fraud, which is a crime punishable by federal authorities. And if ZOS lets something like this happen they too will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. I'm going to laugh my arse off if people from ZOS get thrown into prison for letting stuff like this happen on their game.

You are a complete clown if you think Zenimax is responsible for policing gold sellers. They starte in the ToS that buying and selling gold is forbidden and againstall it's policy. So if you do buy gold then you have broken the ToS and ZOS is not liable and can/will ban you if they catch you doing it. Zenimax is in no way responsible if gold sellers steal your real money for buying items in game with came from a third party. You failed to follow you rules and any consequences therefore are your own fault.
  • RazerKlang
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    I've never seen a single hacker on ESO, I'm on PS4.

liar, then you havent explored. no offence!
    Edited by RazerKlang on July 27, 2017 3:05AM
    CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
    "And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    My question is simple we all know that daggerfell has cheated sense this game was first put online first game engine then eso was supposed to patch it never did and then they continue to cheat until this day we are now in summer 2017 I have studied and reported a lot in the past I don't care what they think of me I know what's going on here .
    They have most of the map very rare changes there way over powered I caught one dc that was the same gamer tag twice in her squad took a screen shot posted it to Microsoft and not I believe I have this dc a massive headache.
    We can debate this all night all day am.up for a flame war ..
    One other thing I seen a lot of eb made dc characters to spy set up strikes to grab scrolls they should remove the all alliances upgrade from the store this is a major problem there using this to take advantage of the game in PvP.
    I was a beta tester and I played on.many play forms many mmo games online and I seen a lot of cheaters .
    Zen should enforce the rules start suspending these cheaters for good and do something with PvP at this point the game sucks more glitches and something has to give .
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you do buy gold then you have broken the ToS and ZOS is not liable and can/will ban you if they catch you doing it.

They 'could'. Personally i know of one person sold gold and he wasn't banned and the buyers weren't banned. This is fact.

ZoS dont want to be transparent enough that they let cheaters constantly back in game cause of the £££

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    So if you do buy gold then you have broken the ToS and ZOS is not liable and can/will ban you if they catch you doing it.

They 'could'. Personally i know of one person sold gold and he wasn't banned and the buyers weren't banned. This is fact.

ZoS dont want to be transparent enough that they let cheaters constantly back in game cause of the £££

Was ZOS aware of this transaction? If not, do you think the outcome would have been different if they knew?
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    They sell Microsoft gold cards all the time I heard it on a day to day basis in the rift and in mornhold and I over heard a few in daggerfell about exploits how do you all think they get away with this crap for years? I even heard through the grapevine they have help from one or more people connected to this company that play on daggerfell am.not sure if its true but Jesus some way over power never die you can't tell me it's there built I have videos of it .
    They sit there wipe out a whole group of reds like butter meaning one dc there health barley goes down and it takes at least a who group of reds same level to kill this jerk .
    I demand answers from zennimax what is going on and why are they not doing anything about it .
    It's posted on YouTube,Reddit,and amongst other websites and there showing how to cheat and encouraging others to do the same
    So point is sense this game was released there a been a lot of cheating exploits and bugs where the Security in this game I understand that zennimax keeps getting in trouble being sued time and again for there products most recent was fallout 4 song the Wonder 1950s song.
    If anyone has a issue what I have to say then tuff making a point and sorry for any typos using this phone to type it has a mind of its own. I seen this on pc and on Xbox live
    Edited by wolveman on July 27, 2017 11:58PM
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »
    They sell Microsoft gold cards all the time I heard it on a day to day basis in the rift and in mornhold and I over heard a few in daggerfell about exploits how do you all think they get away with this crap for years? I even heard through the grapevine they have help from one or more people connected to this company that play on daggerfell am.not sure if its true but Jesus some way over power never die you can't tell me it's there built I have videos of it .
    They sit there wipe out a whole group of reds like butter meaning one dc there health barley goes down and it takes at least a who group of reds same level to kill this jerk .
    I demand answers from zennimax what is going on and why are they not doing anything about it .
    It's posted on YouTube,Reddit,and amongst other websites and there showing how to cheat and encouraging others to do the same
    So point is sense this game was released there a been a lot of cheating exploits and bugs where the Security in this game I understand that zennimax keeps getting in trouble being sued time and again for there products most recent was fallout 4 song the Wonder 1950s song.
    If anyone has a issue what I have to say then tuff making a point and sorry for any typos using this phone to type it has a mind of its own. I seen this on pc and on Xbox live

[Snip] You're not making any points and keep insinuating unfounded crackpot theories. The only consistent thing about your posts is a clear vendetta against the daggerfall covent. But seriously @ZOS_GaryA can we get this troll flagged or something?

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on July 28, 2017 1:33PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

Was ZOS aware of this transaction? If not, do you think the outcome would have been different if they knew?

ZoS was aware of this transaction, thus the short suspension on said account, 3 days suspension on the seller and nothing was done on the multiple buyers.

Even mentioning this, probably land ME another suspension from the forums for discussing ZoS inadequate measures but the NOT discussing them leaves the inadequate measures in place.

There are too many here, stating things as FACT when it is not. Above @ComboBreaker88 stating they will BAN you for selling gold, is contrary than what i have seen and have screenshots of. To state someone is a troll when they are mentioning players using Cheat Engine in ESO?, this has been documented and easily check able on Google.

ZoS endorses streamers to bias there opinion into a more positive, trying to advertise and sell more copies. What makes you think they don't apply the same logic to people using the forums?. I will never touch another ZoS product ever in my life.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we have Zos game masters on Xbox who permaban those who cheat.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

There are a couple of things in that statement that I think need to be mentioned.

1. When ZOS bans a botter, the botter simply gets a new account and resumes where they left off. It is like trying to protect your sand castle against a rising tide by using your hands to toss the water back in the ocean. While direct bans at the hands of a GM are inconvenient for the botter, I can't say that they are enough of an inconvenience to be effective.

2. ESO is a big game. Not only are there 6 servers, but there are multiple locations where botting happens, some of which might be specific to a server. Each of those locations may have multiple instances and phases that allow the botters to "hide" or be easily overlooked. It is a lot of game to cover. The only way GM visits work is if they can respond to a report in a matter of minutes, and that is going to take a lot of people. Coupled with the item above, this seems like a waste of employee time.

3. ZOS seems to be a company that doesn't want to be heavy handed. They perma-ban people, then forgive them. There are people in the game, and the forum, that have been "permanently banned" and have been subsequently unbanned and are active. I assume that, after time, if the person approaches ZOS with "hat in hand" and begs forgiveness, that there is a chance that ZOS will grant it. Thus, I expect that some "permanent" bans are temporary. I get this and really don't have a problem with it, so long as they aren't doing some revolving door where they keep forgiving the same person over and over. As long as, eventually, it becomes permanent, if they demonstrate that they are unable to behave.

Ideally, they need to be able to detect people who are boxing and running hacked clients and automatically boot them from the game as soon as they are detected. They don't even have to ban or suspend them, if they can get to them fast enough. If they can't get to them in the first few minutes, a "time out" suspension of a few hours would probably work. All that has to happen is for the game to be annoying enough so that it isn't worth the effort. It isn't necessary to drop any ban hammers on them.

Anyone who has been trying to log into the NA megaservers over the last few days, only to be logged out immediately, or after a few minutes, knows exactly how the botters would feel.

Of course, ZOS can't implement this sort of thing and then go take a nap until spring. They have to keep a constant watch to catch adaptations designed to remain undetected.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make guilds unable to disband after they win a guild trader.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it so you have to have 200 members to bid. That'd solve the problem and a few others.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it so you have to have 200 members to bid. That'd solve the problem and a few others.

I think I would prefer that they make it so that guilds cannot disband while they have a trader. If a guild wants to legitimately disband, they can not bid the following week and disband.

Making it harder for smaller guilds to access traders is not a good plan.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd be fine with this. Would solve a number of problems.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I would prefer that they make it so that guilds cannot disband while they have a trader. If a guild wants to legitimately disband, they can not bid the following week and disband.

Making it harder for smaller guilds to access traders is not a good plan.

Sure it it. It would stop all these fake bids and it would make every location have a much better selection of items. If you can't recruit 200 players you shouldn't be allowed to bid on a trader anyways.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just heard guilds are raffling off PSN money! paying for trader? buying gold from your guild member!? uh oh...that doesn't sound like its legit with terms of service!

• Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG There is still a way to glitch vMAW and get out of the map, please PM me for a link to the video.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We still have people using CE in Cyro and apparently ZOS isn't doing anything about it.
    We have people basically one shooting you in a secong with 4 different attacks.
    We have people seeing you in sneak because why not.
    We have people being templas using dragonknight abilities like chains or nightblades abilities like fear.
    I started recording this but how many videos do you guys want me to send you?
    It's time that you do something about it, something that detects CE and other things and just blocks it.
    This is getting ridiculous.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    We still have people using CE in Cyro and apparently ZOS isn't doing anything about it.
    We have people basically one shooting you in a secong with 4 different attacks.
    We have people seeing you in sneak because why not.
    We have people being templas using dragonknight abilities like chains or nightblades abilities like fear.
    I started recording this but how many videos do you guys want me to send you?
    It's time that you do something about it, something that detects CE and other things and just blocks it.
    This is getting ridiculous.

You should make videos and post them, asking for explanation.

I'm not saying you are wrong with many of the above, but often something looks like a cheat when it in fact is not (i fell victim to this myself before). When you post a video, others can explain what happened there(in case it wasn't an actual cheat, of course).

For example, it may seem like a templar used a fear on you, yet what really happened is he used a vampire drain on you, then immediately cancelled it. Your character behaves exactly as if it was feared(animation etc, is the same). It is also possible to confuse dragonknight chains with swarm mother proc in the heat of battle, etc. etc.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

There are no game masters on xbox, I think they dont come around anymore because of how laggy the game is on xbox :/
This discussion has been closed.