Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.3

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I wonder what ZOS employees call the after-patch-vitriol time period where everyone freaks the f out? They have to have a name for it.

Yeah I feel bad. Especially because I'm guilty of this myself. This has to be hard to deal with each time.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roymachine wrote: »
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    [*]Surge: This ability and its morphs will now critically heal based on your Weapon Critical or Spell Critical, whichever is higher. We also fixed an issue where the heal from this ability and its morphs was not being reduced by Battle Spirit.

That 1k heal per crit per second is going to be fantastic in PvP! If I take no damage, I'll have healed 6k by the time my ward wears off!

1.5k boosted by CPs and can crit. At least be fair if you're going to spout nonsense.

@Roymachine He isn't spouting nonsense....

Surge has 2 morphs... the Stam morph will give 1.5k in PvP (Down from 3k normally)... BUT, the magicka morph only gives 1.9k normally, which will now be down to just UNDER 1k in PvP as a result of this 'fix'.

Edited by Flaminir on May 16, 2016 4:39PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noxious breath looks nice. We appreciate the change.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    stam sorcs have no instant dps ability to use as a class....im starting to think its not in your plans at all to do this @Wrobel if it is...its better just to give community some closure so we can focus on re-rolling a different character.

• Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Surge: This ability and its morphs will now critically heal based on your Weapon Critical or Spell Critical, whichever is higher. We also fixed an issue where the heal from this ability and its morphs was not being reduced by Battle Spirit.

That 1k heal per crit per second is going to be fantastic in PvP! If I take no damage, I'll have healed 6k by the time my ward wears off!

1.5k boosted by CPs and can crit. At least be fair if you're going to spout nonsense.

Since he said ward he was obviously talking about a Magic Sorc, who will actually be healing for less than 1K base.

What are you calling nonsense anyway? The fact that the original Surge change was an all around HPS nerf for every Sorc, and now this change makes it unusable in PvP.
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

Surge has 2 morphs... the Stam morph will give 1.5k in PvP (Down from 3k normally)... BUT, the magicka morph only gives 1.9k normally, which will now be down to just UNDER 1k in PvP as a result of this 'fix'.

Honestly don't play a sorc in PvP,, but had only ever heard of/seen sorcs running structured entropy so wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about. My mistake on the magicka morph.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is development still open to making tanking not nerfed? @Wrobel showed why the role is getting nerfed, but came to the opposite conclusion.

What has to happen to change your mind? 80% of voters on 3 different polls not wanting the DB HA or CP changes to happen should be an indication that something bad is happening more than something good with proposed changes. That feedback should be enough, but it has only gotten players tweaks to the bad changes rather than the solutions that we sought after in many feedback posts.

Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »

Since he said ward he was obviously talking about a Magic Sorc, who will actually be healing for less than 1K base.

What are you calling nonsense anyway? The fact that the original Surge change was an all around HPS nerf for every Sorc, and now this change makes it unusable in PvP.

Sorry, guess I'm one of the vocal minority that is happy Sorc survivability is being nerfed hard this patch. Mag sorc was my first character, but my God I hate fighting against them more so than any other class.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam builds didn't need a shield on top of roll dodge and shuffle.
    Nbs damage needed a tweak, it was overpeforming.
    Sorc crit surge should still be reverted fully. Sorcs needed these.
    Templars got their purify 5 effects back.

Dks need their heal back and we're golden.

But we're moving in the right direction. Mostly good changes for the sake of balance.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, pvp sorc don't use surge most of the time. That's a huge nerf for non shield sorc, pve sorc and all stamsorc. So, most of the weakest build in the entire game.
    With the shield nerf all pet build are gone too, and I think we have nearly all the weakest build nerfed in one patch.

My shielded magsorc still have his shield (and a new anti-stamina shield), and hasn't loose anything in pvp. I don't use surge in pvp, I don't use dawnbreaker, andI already refresh my shields each 6 second. Really, the "annoying" pvp shield stacker magsorc is the ONLY sorc build who is not nerfed by this maj. And it was the only good one.
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, guys, guys...

Let's calm down. Remember that this is an INCREMENTAL PATCH. That means it consists of smaller changes that are updates-as-they-got-to-them. While I myself am somewhat disappointed that the mentioned move of Shield Expert from The Steed to Resilient's spot in The Lady did not make this patch, that doesn't mean I suddenly don't believe it's going to happen in a later update.

In regards to many people complaining that their proposed changes to existing mechanics weren't adopted, well... who knows if they might yet be considered? There's no reason to be as catty about an yet-unfinished testing process as people have been going on about. For my part though, I hope that many of the proposed changes to DK powers that people have put forth DON'T get adopted simply because 99% of them come of as vanity-proposals that don't actually address 'need' so much as 'want'. I suspect this holds true for many of the other class proposals as well.

As for the elephant in the room of what to do with Sorcerors, I'm pretty sure there's more planned to improve before the DLC goes live. But to be fair, since this is a Stamina DLC, I'm not sure just how much can be thematically squeezed in.

Anyhow, thank you ZOS for the baby-steps of improvement and goodwill signs that you are listening to us, even if not everything has been what people are demanding.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

Honestly don't play a sorc in PvP,, but had only ever heard of/seen sorcs running structured entropy so wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about. My mistake on the magicka morph.

Many run surge... longer duration, and for heals. It was one of our best class abilities that worked & helped give us identity...

But like the other key identity giving abilities it's been continually nerfed to hell & is now actually totally useless... not even just situational, or niche.. .actually worthless and no point slotting in any situation or playstyle.

GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, guess I'm one of the vocal minority that is happy Sorc survivability is being nerfed hard this patch. Mag sorc was my first character, but my God I hate fighting against them more so than any other class.

While I agree a nerf to Magic Sorc shield stacking was in order (I think they went about it the wrong way). The Surge nerf hurt us Stam Sorcs far worse than it did Magic Sorcs. Stam Sorcs are already at the bottom in every category, and this Surge nerf takes away our only class survivability.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    luxfreak wrote: »
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.

Well, stam users still can dodge way more then magika user.
    So havin a stam scaling shield+ 10 role dodges seems a bit op

no stamshield anymore
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, guys, guys...

As for the elephant in the room of what to do with Sorcerors, I'm pretty sure there's more planned to improve before the DLC goes live. But to be fair, since this is a Stamina DLC, I'm not sure just how much can be thematically squeezed in.

And what gives you that idea?

The nerfs in every patch and incremental of this DLC makes you think there's a huge surprise U-turn coming in the final incremental?

Which is all there is left.... 2 weeks to launch... an incremental next week at a guess... then it goes live the week after.

Time is running out...
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭

While I agree a nerf to Magic Sorc shield stacking was in order (I think they went about it the wrong way). The Surge nerf hurt us Stam Sorcs far worse than it did Magic Sorcs. Stam Sorcs are already at the bottom in every category, and this Surge nerf takes away our only class survivability.

I feel you on the Stam Sorc side. Honestly would be pretty happy with just shorter duration shields and no shield stacking. Heck, even just no shield stacking would be a huge step in the right direction.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mysteri0n

Yeah roll dodge forever with a massive shield....OK.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on May 16, 2016 5:09PM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHY TF WOULD YOU TAKE BONE SHIELD AWAY
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just make Xivkyn Polymorphs cost anything but 250k stones, 150k would be acceptable.

I'm slightly disgusted by the brainless TVs farm as I reached 230k today, besides spending 250k stones on this is ridiculous, I just don't wanna rely on chance when it come to my last remaining polymorph.
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    District Flags in Imperial City can now only be influenced by a maximum of 1 player character instead of 5 player characters.

Anyone mind explaining? Last time I tried it on PTS it seemed just fine the way it was.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, a 15k incap (which many people have reported dealing or being hit with) on pts is now a 14250 incap with 4.5% damage reduction. I think you'll be okay guys.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    District Flags in Imperial City can now only be influenced by a maximum of 1 player character instead of 5 player characters.

Anyone mind explaining? Last time I tried it on PTS it seemed just fine the way it was.

This is probably going to be Wheeler's failed attempt to prevent zerging in the districts. By ZOS logic if the flag caps at the same speed whether you have 1 person or 24 people then those 24 man groups wont go there.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So since we're nerfing the damage of death stroke can we nerf overload while we're at it since it does a ton more damage, and barely costs more while being spammable?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Also, a 15k incap (which many people have reported dealing or being hit with) on pts is now a 14250 incap with 4.5% damage reduction. I think you'll be okay guys.

Curious, was the 14250 damage on a naked target? Or did they have equip on?
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I wonder what ZOS employees call the after-patch-vitriol time period where everyone freaks the f out? They have to have a name for it.

Maybe they revisit the Natch Potes thread and wash down the vitrol with pre-patch optimism and animal pictures.

But seriously, I don't think it's constructive to criticize the devs (especially by name.) Go after the decisions, not the people.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GREAT!!!

Someone willing to chat about how much hesling surge needs to do.

33s, 1-click backbar major buff then run whatever offense you want including dots...

So, i ask you, how much healing in its first 30 seconds of fight does healing need to produce to remaing a viable skill worth using?

For sake of argument, ignore any cp into healing given or recieved.

Assume 20k health.

So if your math 30k over the 30 seconds isnt enough, what is?
    60k, 120k, 2 million?

When i look at the other "buff healing onto any attack i want" powers such as Reaper, Killer blade, force siphon etc and even when i look at Rally which provides major buff one click backbar with heal for similar duration... it gives me an idea where surge needs to be, but if you know 30k over 30s isnt balanced...what value would be?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since we're nerfing the damage of death stroke can we nerf overload while we're at it since it does a ton more damage, and barely costs more while being spammable?

Okay.
    But give sorc a LOT of pve damage boost. Or make death stroke reflectable, while disabling the healing debuff and the damage buff.

That's not just about raw damage, each skill has his particularity. Well, except sorc shield now...
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

Okay.
    But give sorc a LOT of pve damage boost. Or make death stroke reflectable, while disabling the healing debuff and the damage buff.

That's not just about raw damage, each skill has his particularity. Well, except sorc shield now...
    Death stroke isn't a projectile so your can't reflect it.Am find with getting rid of that if you give me a ability that disable shields.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »
    Just make Xivkyn Polymorphs cost anything but 250k stones, 150k would be acceptable.

I'm slightly disgusted by the brainless TVs farm as I reached 230k today, besides spending 250k stones on this is ridiculous, I just don't wanna rely on chance when it come to my last remaining polymorph.
    Combat & Gameplay
    General

5 people standing on the flag would lead to it being captured 5x faster. Now you can have 30 or 2 on the flag and it will convert at the same rate. I guess it keeps large groups from being able to lock a district out faster, but its still dumb. There's been pretty clear feedback on this issue and everyone is in agreement that you need MORE flags. Capture rates aren't going to matter at all.

This poison thing is out of control, 60% increased cost that you can keep refreshing on just light attacks? Say something cost 3k before, that will now cost 4.8k. That 5k cost on bone shield will now cost you 8k! Are you kidding me? There are also poisons that increase your ultimate cost. That 250 cost ultimate would now be 400 at 60%... I didn't see the additional cost of that one yet.

Not to mention, this patch has no content. It will be effectively the same as Thieves Guild content, MINUS THE TRIAL. So what is there new to keep me logging into and coming back to your game? You've killed non-zerg PVP, 1vX is out the window. So I can't go in PVP. You've made IC into a zerg fest, so I can't do that. No new group content. Only small single player content that will just be a bunch of repeatable, mindless quests. Congratulations, you'll have played through this new update in 2 hours and be left waiting another 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!! before you have something (maybe) new to do in game.

How is this content? WE, especially subs, need to be adamant that game balancing and ability fixes ARE NOT content. They try to fool us with this packaging. Here's 3 hours of actual extra in the game that we are charging you $30 for, but OH LOOK OVER HERE AT ALL THE 'FIXES!' This is not new content. Nothing new is being added to the game.

Give me a reason to support this game. Give me a reason to keep coming back. You have a beautiful platform and so much potential sitting there right in front of you for the taking, but you just keep squandering it. Its not @Wrobel or @ZOS_GinaBruno behind this. They are given frames to work in. This is a leadership issue. This is a creativity and effort issue. When WoW came out with an expansion, you had WEEKS of new content, new classes, new races, new everything. There was a reason to get excited and purchase that expansion and spend time in game. But with DB, we now have at least 5 months of no new content. Think about that. Throw out TG & DB which should have been on the same update because of their paltry size, probably Orsinium too. We have now gone almost a year without substantial new content. IC was the last update that was worth buying, and they are killing that too.

This community is great. It's why I am still here. I've tried to play other games but I tune in to watch @Sypher and @FENGRUSH and they draw me back in. But even they are getting disgusted with this. This past weekend I spent languishing between playing *** free games and logging into ESO because of the bugs and the boredom. It made me so mad that I pre-ordered Overwatch. At least every time I log in there I can expect something different.

ESO is just a choice between facerolling some dungeon or getting zerged down by 30 man groups in PvP... Exciting... - End Rant
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Always did seem a bit odd there is one shield (hardened ward) which can allow for both high dps and a very big shield at the same time, while all the other shields scale off max health, requiring the user to make a specific choice between high dps or large shields.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on May 16, 2016 5:46PM
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

GREAT!!!

Someone willing to chat about how much hesling surge needs to do.

33s, 1-click backbar major buff then run whatever offense you want including dots...

So, i ask you, how much healing in its first 30 seconds of fight does healing need to produce to remaing a viable skill worth using?

For sake of argument, ignore any cp into healing given or recieved.

Assume 20k health.

So if your math 30k over the 30 seconds isnt enough, what is?
    60k, 120k, 2 million?

When i look at the other "buff healing onto any attack i want" powers such as Reaper, Killer blade, force siphon etc and even when i look at Rally which provides major buff one click backbar with heal for similar duration... it gives me an idea where surge needs to be, but if you know 30k over 30s isnt balanced...what value would be?

It's has nothing to do with the healing over time. The burst heal was the reason to run Surge. Also could you stop posting this in every thread that mentions Surge. There is a reason no one is replying to your posts.