Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »
    kmatt wrote: »
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Failing that change how Ultimats work so if its scaling off Stam it does physical damage and if its scaling off magic do magic damage for all class skills, this means that the champion point system works for your build.

Stam sorc needs some love still although hurricane is some nice improvement to its damage it has lost its utility of movement speed which was a big reason to use.

Again ill ask for the "Stone Shard" morph that is the Stam version of the morph we already have that adds a little AoE.

Last thing to say, make the passives useful as a stam sorc half of them are useless and no point taking & now with fighters guild changes we are punished for using our own class skills over fighters guild skills. Something like Major mending when dadric summoning skill is slotted, or at least change the pet passives to be useful to some extent without pets.

Stam Sorc is actually in a far better place than Mag. Sorc. now.

You guys deserve the boost FINALLY, and if other tweaks would further improve your lot - then by all means ask for them.

I would appreciate it if you could also comment on the Mag. Sorcs. nerfs however, as this is the overall Sorc. thread, and Stam. Sorcs. have the benefit of their own exclusive thread to feedback on.

id rather not have to 'donate' skills to a niche build that contridicts the purpose of a sorcerer, who is a master of magic. Mag sorc should be better, in most respects, to stam sorc. you guys want a buff? you should be calling for duel scaling, like the skills scale off your highest stat.

I'd rather not read another one of this ignorant post from someone who has no idea what an Elder Scrolls Sorcerer is. You should go do some research before you dismiss my class that is just a lore friendly as yours. Additionally, don't tell me what buffs I should be asking for if you've never played my class, dual scaling is just a terrible idea.

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Have you even read those links you sent? I do agree that stamina sorcerers are something in the Elder Scroll's world, but as the game currently is set up, it is not at all like the Lore. First of all, stamina sorcerers in ESO are forced into medium armor, which they really didn't use that much on the other ES games. That affects how well sorcerers can shield them selves and absorb magika which is one of the class hugest features in the previous games. Also, because you are using medium armor your magika pool, which should be the largest in the game according to all Lore, will be shot... Because otherwise you will have no damage behind your abilities.

ESO can't conform perfectly to the other ES games because it is MMO. It needs a different sort of balancing and I am sorry... MMO wise, sorcerers are primarily magic casters. Just like Nightblades are assassins and thus the class to go for stamina builds, just templars are supposed to the best healers and DK the best tanks. I understand wanting stamina sorcerers to be more viable, but doing so at the expense of the class losing its magika orientation is idiotic at best. For a long time sorcerers have had the worst DPS in general and near to no utility and this patch is only making things worse, at least for Magika sorcerers.

You are absolutely correct. This is an MMO, and because it's an MMO every single class needs to be equally viable. This includes Stam Sorcs. Furthermore, why are we the only class that has to put up with this amount of stupidity? I don't ever see Magic Templars telling Stam Templars that they have no right to exist.

No... I am sorry... You are just wrong... The majority of the MMOs have each class very specialized. Viable only means it is playable, not that playing it will give you awesome results. I am not saying Stamina Sorcerers have no right to exist, I fully support you guys as long as buffing your side of things doesn't mean more nerfs to the Magika sorcerer builds. Unfortunately it seems Zenimax can't do that!

As for why you don't have to deal with this sort of comment on other classes threads, well maybe it is because their class doesn't already suck! Templar are still the best healers in the game, which fits the MMO Meta for the class. DKs are still the best Tanks and Nightblades are still the best Stamina DPS. Unfortunately Sorcerers are the Worst Magika DPS currently in the game instead of the best... That is why we don't need more nerfs so Stamina Sorcs can be better!

Also, I was arguing against your Lore argument that Stamina sorcerers exist in Elder Scrolls because you will never be able to get good results with the same sort of build we used in the other games while playing ESO. Gods know I tried. I started playing as a sorcerer with heavy armor and a two handed sword that focused most of the points in having a huge magika pool... Exactly like the other Elder Scrolls games... Guess how well that worked?
    Edited by Grao on May 11, 2016 4:38PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Failing that change how Ultimats work so if its scaling off Stam it does physical damage and if its scaling off magic do magic damage for all class skills, this means that the champion point system works for your build.

Stam sorc needs some love still although hurricane is some nice improvement to its damage it has lost its utility of movement speed which was a big reason to use.

Again ill ask for the "Stone Shard" morph that is the Stam version of the morph we already have that adds a little AoE.

Last thing to say, make the passives useful as a stam sorc half of them are useless and no point taking & now with fighters guild changes we are punished for using our own class skills over fighters guild skills. Something like Major mending when dadric summoning skill is slotted, or at least change the pet passives to be useful to some extent without pets.

You guys deserve the boost FINALLY, and if other tweaks would further improve your lot - then by all means ask for them.

I would appreciate it if you could also comment on the Mag. Sorcs. nerfs however, as this is the overall Sorc. thread, and Stam. Sorcs. have the benefit of their own exclusive thread to feedback on.

id rather not have to 'donate' skills to a niche build that contridicts the purpose of a sorcerer, who is a master of magic. Mag sorc should be better, in most respects, to stam sorc. you guys want a buff? you should be calling for duel scaling, like the skills scale off your highest stat.

I'd rather not read another one of this ignorant post from someone who has no idea what an Elder Scrolls Sorcerer is. You should go do some research before you dismiss my class that is just a lore friendly as yours. Additionally, don't tell me what buffs I should be asking for if you've never played my class, dual scaling is just a terrible idea.

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Have you even read those links you sent? I do agree that stamina sorcerers are something in the Elder Scroll's world, but as the game currently is set up, it is not at all like the Lore. First of all, stamina sorcerers in ESO are forced into medium armor, which they really didn't use that much on the other ES games. That affects how well sorcerers can shield them selves and absorb magika which is one of the class hugest features in the previous games. Also, because you are using medium armor your magika pool, which should be the largest in the game according to all Lore, will be shot... Because otherwise you will have no damage behind your abilities.

ESO can't conform perfectly to the other ES games because it is MMO. It needs a different sort of balancing and I am sorry... MMO wise, sorcerers are primarily magic casters. Just like Nightblades are assassins and thus the class to go for stamina builds, just templars are supposed to the best healers and DK the best tanks. I understand wanting stamina sorcerers to be more viable, but doing so at the expense of the class losing its magika orientation is idiotic at best. For a long time sorcerers have had the worst DPS in general and near to no utility and this patch is only making things worse, at least for Magika sorcerers.

You are absolutely correct. This is an MMO, and because it's an MMO every single class needs to be equally viable. This includes Stam Sorcs. Furthermore, why are we the only class that has to put up with this amount of stupidity? I don't ever see Magic Templars telling Stam Templars that they have no right to exist.

No... I am sorry... You are just wrong... The majority of the MMOs have each class very specialized. Viable only means it is playable, not that playing it will give you awesome results. I am not saying Stamina Sorcerers have no right to exist, I fully support you guys as long as buffing your side of things doesn't mean more nerfs to the Magika sorcerer builds. Unfortunately it seems Zenimax can't do that!

As for why you don't have to deal with this sort of comment on other classes threads, well maybe it is because their class doesn't already suck! Templar are still the best healers in the game, which fits the MMO Meta for the class. DKs are still the best Tanks and Nightblades are still the best Stamina DPS. Unfortunately Sorcerers are the Worst Magika DPS currently in the game instead of the best... That is why we don't need more nerfs so Stamina Sorcs can be better!

Also, I was arguing against your Lore argument that Stamina sorcerers exist in Elder Scrolls because you will never be able to get good results with the same sort of build we used in the other games while playing ESO. Gods know I tried. I started playing as a sorcerer with heavy armor and a two handed sword that focused most of the points in having a huge magika pool... Exactly like the other Elder Scrolls games... Guess how well that worked?

Well LOL that build you tried at the beginning nis probably gonna be the only way to go...
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I've figured out how to summon them.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I've figured out how to summon them.

LOL

I know what you mean, but we can't talk about it.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Well LOL that build you tried at the beginning nis probably gonna be the only way to go...

I really wish it was viable. I wanted to play as a melee magic oriented sorcerer, alas, it is impossible. I am forever tied to my dumb staff and freaking force pulse. >.>
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Magikca Flood: With Siphoning ability slotted
    Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted.

A Sorc to get this same boost has to dual slot an active toggle, taking up 2 or 3 with OL bar slots. To get a passive that NB's innately have we have to TRIPLE SLOT an otherwise USELESS skill. Does anyone u derstand the complete and utter absurdity of this skill?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A Sorc to get this same boost has to dual slot an active toggle, taking up 2 or 3 with OL bar slots. To get a passive that NB's innately have we have to TRIPLE SLOT an otherwise USELESS skill. Does anyone u derstand the complete and utter absurdity of this skill?

Tell me about it. I know Mage Armor is a staple for sorcerer /mage in MMOs but... I wish I actually needed it for the resistances it provides. Instead we are forced into this skill for the magika / stamina boost and the morphs... Aegis is a shield, it should grant some sort of shielding, not just base resistances. Armaments should increase more than Heavy Attack damage >.>
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if they would make that a passive for having a daedric summoning ability slotted i sure would be super nice.

But it would require a rework of bound armor + morphs and we all know that reworking abilities is not going to happen.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well if they would make that a passive for having a daedric summoning ability slotted i sure would be super nice.

But it would require a rework of bound armor + morphs and we all know that reworking abilities is not going to happen.

Evidently not as we are still stuck with ZoS trying to make Dark Exchange useful...
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bound Amor magika buff need to go away ! Make it max health bonus instead of magika and put the magika for having one pet ability slotted either atronach or matriach, (I'm kind of considering Clanfear could give max stamina)

Matriach = 8% magika
    Clanfear = 8% stamina
    Atronach = 4% magika/4% stamina

That way we get a better bonus then those mage people, and we can still rock some pet build if we want to. Needs to only be because you have it slotted !

Don't make petbuild have more health ! that's ain't working ! Tank want to care for pet while they fight ? Right ! Lol they are the more likely to be Inside an AoE. Who in their right mind would want to keep summoning those dude up. That's going to be once again an useless but yet toggle skill for the sorc !

The only issue I've with my proposition is that potentially Stam Sorc could stack 20% more ressource stam ressource... and while doing it receivng 6% more weapon power... that may end up being a huge boost... maybe lower the regen to 15% instead of 20 for having a daedric ability slotted.

Edited by potirondb16_ESO on May 11, 2016 6:10PM
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidently not as we are still stuck with ZoS trying to make Dark Exchange useful...

I'm pretty sure they don't have time to change skills, ...like ever. We're stuck with it for the rest of time.
    But yeah... I could definitely use some more max magicka passives and pets gaining CP in order to make sorcs remotely unique. only way I can think of doing it. And it's still not something acceptable to 75% of sorcs... They simply don't want to run around with pets...and I don't blame them because I once felt the same.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they don't have time to change skills, ...like ever. We're stuck with it for the rest of time.
    But yeah... I could definitely use some more max magicka passives and pets gaining CP in order to make sorcs remotely unique. only way I can think of doing it. And it's still not something acceptable to 75% of sorcs... They simply don't want to run around with pets...and I don't blame them because I once felt the same.

Actually I do hate pet as well, but I do feel I could get along with them if they were really good to work with, currently they ask way too much space in our pve dps arsenal with bound armor and magelight to be interesting lol. I saw a video of a pet build guys on twich and he was saying his build was really good so I went and took a look at it. All he could do was light Attack :p he had litterally Nothing left on his bar ! :pensive:

Maybe pet could be a 30s cast thingy a bit as the Shade from nightblade I mean I could adapt to that as well if they gave the bonus I propose earlier... maybe shorten the cast duration as well... so they get in better during fight as well, but that way they just can't be kill...

That's Something I would enjoy, depending which one you use they have the same ability that you use to trigger but it's now being dealt within the AI.

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They changed Hurricane into something completely different. I don't see how hard it would be to replace Dark Exchange with one of the many magical attack animations and particles they already have from all the enemies we've faced in ESO. We need an ability to spam like every other class has, with such ability ZoS would be able to manage Sorcerer's Magika sustained DPS without affecting to heavily the burst DPS used in PvP. At the same time such ability could be used to stimulate or make available a magika melee sorcerer build (one morph would be ranged, the other melee with more power). That would also heavily help with our sustain issues from this nerf we were handed last patch as every attack would heal us through blood magic.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I do hate pet as well, but I do feel I could get along with them if they were really good to work with, currently they ask way too much space in our pve dps arsenal with bound armor and magelight to be interesting lol. I saw a video of a pet build guys on twich and he was saying his build was really good so I went and took a look at it. All he could do was light Attack :p he had litterally Nothing left on his bar ! :pensive:

Maybe pet could be a 30s cast thingy a bit as the Shade from nightblade I mean I could adapt to that as well if they gave the bonus I propose earlier... maybe shorten the cast duration as well... so they get in better during fight as well, but that way they just can't be kill...

That's Something I would enjoy, depending which one you use they have the same ability that you use to trigger but it's now being dealt within the AI.

I actually like the pets too, played up to lvl 50 with them and then I went to face Molag Bal and both my pets would die in one hit... Ever since I haven't truly been able to use the pets for more than 10-20 seconds every fight because that is how long it takes for bosses to kill them... They need to... Survive better... >.> They could also get a damage buff, specially the Twilight designed to do direct damage. Her DPS isn't good enough.

Also, I maintain that Clannfears can't heal! They are daedric dinos that can't talk and are not shown to be smart at all, unlike the Twilight. Give the dino its taunt back... It would be very useful now that we can actually control when the pet taunts.
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if they take a look to Diablo 3? At first the Summonings of the Witchdoctor was really weak I cant remeber the changes in detail but there was someting like that you're pets can get maximum of 50% of their life as dmg, so no one can one hit them or something like that.

Maybe they could change pets, that their mitigation increase the less the lifebar is? Or give them much mor life and mitigation in general...
    Edited by Glantir on May 11, 2016 7:06PM
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually they could change overload as well so one version does highburst with a third bar system as it is now, and the other imbue your weapon with a bonus lighting or physical dommage (regarding which stats is the highest) while dealng light or heavy attack.

I would love to receive 7-8k more lighting or physical dommage on my light Attack with a staff, maybe also add like 5% to weapon/spell power to top it at 7% with sorc passive. And... yup there's always and regeneration 4% of ressources per hit.

That's almost like an endless magikapool buff, plus the skill is in a rotation which lead to more constant dps and longer lasting overload mode for trial and such. Would also adapt the RNG of Crystal Blast, so that it has a 50% chance to proc. Not 35%. or would actually make Crystall Blast having a chance to activate Crystal Blast so anytime you can Crystall blast you have a chance to make it proc.

That would probably make best in slot sorcerer Deadly as hell, but yet not completly overpower, that plus the pet adjustment...might end up rocking ! maybe 15s. pet insta cast time, and they get to use there skill within AI. Loll you get the +50% domage pet to over 50% mobs all the time ! (btw).

Lol the Clanfear could actually fear enemy upon activation (cannot be reactivate before 15s.) And those pet don't use our ressource also :)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually like the pets too, played up to lvl 50 with them and then I went to face Molag Bal and both my pets would die in one hit... Ever since I haven't truly been able to use the pets for more than 10-20 seconds every fight because that is how long it takes for bosses to kill them... They need to... Survive better... >.> They could also get a damage buff, specially the Twilight designed to do direct damage. Her DPS isn't good enough.

Also, I maintain that Clannfears can't heal! They are daedric dinos that can't talk and are not shown to be smart at all, unlike the Twilight. Give the dino its taunt back... It would be very useful now that we can actually control when the pet taunts.

Unless it has changed really recently the clannfear is still able to draw agro.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a video of a pet build guys on twich and he was saying his build was really good so I went and took a look at it. All he could do was light Attack :p he had litterally Nothing left on his bar ! :pensive:
    @potirondb16_ESO

I'm sure someone, somewhere, has created a better Pet build

Edited by Thelon on May 11, 2016 7:20PM
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Actually a vast majority of MMOs don't have very specialized classes anymore. Once Blizzard realized people don't like to pigeonholed into a single specific roll because of the class they chose pretty much every company since has followed suit. In most MMOs today nearly every class has at least one viable dps spec.

No viable means the class is capable of performing well enough to be brought into endgame content. Go ask someone that has cleared Vet MoL if they would take a Stam Sorc with them over any other class including Magic Sorc. We have the worst DPS and bring no group utility. We are not currently a viable endgame trial class.

Depending on the content your running NBs are actually far better healers than Templars. Stam DKs are the best stam DPS class, and probably have the highest DPS out of all eight classes. Additionally, the Elder Scrolls lore supports Magic NBs far better than Stam NBs. None of that actually explains why we have to put up with so many ignorant people.

Attacking Stam Sorcs will get you no where. Instead why don't you focus on changes that will improve Magic Sorcs. I'll give you some ideas. Revamp Overload this skill is the reason your sustained DPS is the lowest Magic DPS in MoL. Fight this terrible Surge change. Get Dark Exchange to be actually usable. Get a complete class passive revamp; we have the worst for magic and stam.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on May 11, 2016 7:44PM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Not on command. the Clannfear's active is a heal which makes no sense if the idea is diversity in the utility each morph provides. Matriarch should be the healing pet... Cannfear is the tank pet and it used to have a really efficient taunt that was nerfed or removed so the pet wouldn't take agro from tanks during a raid. Now if that taunt was made into the pet's active it would give a new dimension for sorc tanking
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Actually a vast majority of MMOs don't have very specialized classes anymore. Once Blizzard realized people don't like to pigeonholed into a single specific roll because of the class they chose pretty much every company since has followed suit. In most MMOs today nearly every class has at least one viable dps spec.

No viable means the class is capable of performing well enough to be brought into endgame content. Go ask someone that has cleared Vet MoL if they would take a Stam Sorc with them over any other class including Magic Sorc. We have the worst DPS and bring no group utility. We are not currently a viable endgame trial class.

Depending on the content your running NBs are actually far better healers than Templars. Stam DKs are the best stam DPS class, and probably have the highest DPS out of all eight classes. Additionally, the Elder Scrolls lore supports Magic NBs far better than Stam NBs. None of that actually explains why we have to put up with so many ignorant people.

Attacking Stam Sorcs will get you no where. Instead why don't you focus on changes that will improve Magic Sorcs. I'll give you some ideas. Revamp Overload this skill is the reason your sustained DPS is the lowest Magic DPS in MoL. Fight this terrible Surge change. Get Dark Exchange to be actually usable. Get a complete class passive revamp; we have the worst for magic and stam.

Of course they wouldn't bring a stamina sorcerer, most only ever bring one magika sorcerer since our DPS is horrid too. And no... Viable means possible, it doesn't mean competitive. And since we are going into that, I am sorry, but if sorcs are to have one good DPS spec, it has to be magika as nightblades were designed to be the stamina dps focused class. Their passives and the sorcerer's passive make so very clear.

Again, I am not against stamina sorcerers having good DPS, even great DPS. I just don't want magika sorcs to lose even more alternatives and get even more nerfs so a secondary build is a little better.

And WTF are you talking about??? Overload is the only Ultimate in the sorcerer class that is still useful. Atronach is stupid and doesn't DPS nearly enough and Negate was nerfed to near nonexistence! Revamp overload, you are only suggesting that because you want overload to have a freaking stamina special morph!

Also, I've been giving ZoS suggestions for over a year, even when speaking to Gina and Jessica in voice. They don't listen or @Wrobel is a stubborn as a mule. I've given them several suggestions in this thread already. The only people from ZoS looking are moderators ready to snip at people's posts or fully remove them! I will fight the changes to make stamina sorcerers better at the expence of further destroying magika sorcs, sorry if that offends you, but hey... Don't worry, at the end of the day both magika and stamina sorc DPS will still suck horribly and our utility will still be nonexistent.
    Edited by Grao on May 11, 2016 8:08PM
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

nightblades were designed to be the stamina dps focused class. Their passives and the sorcerer's passive make so very clear.

Again, I am not against stamina sorcerers having good DPS, even great DPS. I just don't want magika sorcs to lose even more alternatives and get even more nerfs so a secondary build is a little better.

This is just plain wrong. No class was designed to stamina anything, because we didn't have stamina class skills when the game launched. Also, NB passives are equally as good for Magic as they are for Stam. Additionally, Magic NBs have far better DPS than Stam NBs. This "us vs you" mentality for Sorcerer class buffs, some of you Magic Sorcs have, is counter productive, and completely uncalled for.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

nightblades were designed to be the stamina dps focused class. Their passives and the sorcerer's passive make so very clear.

This is just plain wrong. No class was designed to stamina anything, because we didn't have stamina class skills when the game launched. Also, NB passives are equally as good for Magic as they are for Stam. Additionally, Magic NBs have far better DPS than Stam NBs. This "us vs you" mentality for Sorcerer class buffs, some of you Magic Sorcs have, is counter productive, and completely uncalled for.

Uncalled for? I am sorry, but it is very much called for! We magika sorcs this match are getting the shaft while you guys get buffed. We have only seen nerfs so far and it is not looking like it is going to move from that so, yeah... There is very good reason.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not on command. the Clannfear's active is a heal which makes no sense if the idea is diversity in the utility each morph provides. Matriarch should be the healing pet... Cannfear is the tank pet and it used to have a really efficient taunt that was nerfed or removed so the pet wouldn't take agro from tanks during a raid. Now if that taunt was made into the pet's active it would give a new dimension for sorc tanking

It's never been on command, the most you were ever able to do is tell which target for your pets to attack and even that was only added a while later. The clannfear only ever picked up agro from enemies who were focusing on the caster, and unless that has changed it still works that way.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's never been on command, the most you were ever able to do is tell which target for your pets to attack and even that was only added a while later. The clannfear only ever picked up agro from enemies who were focusing on the caster, and unless that has changed it still works that way.

You are still missing the point. I am just saying it would be interesting to have the clannfear's taunt be the ability you can activate on command. That is all.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

And WTF are you talking about??? Overload is the only Ultimate in the sorcerer class that is still useful. Atronach is stupid and doesn't DPS nearly enough and Negate was nerfed to near nonexistence! Revamp overload, you are only suggesting that because you want overload to have a freaking stamina special morph!

Overload is a terrible ultimate, and the reason Magic Sorcs have such low DPS in long fights. I want nothing to do with Overload in it's current form, even if we were given a stamina morph. I hated the skill when I played on my Magic Sorc as well. So don't assume you know why I'm suggesting something. If you know anything about Magic Sorc DPS then you will know that using Overload in a fight that is about 3+ minutes long is a huge DPS loss over using Meteor. However, when using Overload on short duration fights Magic Sorcs have the highest DPS. This is one of the main reason people dismiss Magic Sorcs when you ask for DPS increases. Getting Overload exchanged for some sustained DPS is the best way to help this class, other than removing the pets.

Overload should be reworked to be an instant cast, single target, low cost ultimate. Once this happens the class can be balanced properly.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Overload is a terrible ultimate, and the reason Magic Sorcs have such low DPS in long fights. I want nothing to do with Overload in it's current form, even if we were given a stamina morph. I hated the skill when I played on my Magic Sorc as well. So don't assume you know why I'm suggesting something. If you know anything about Magic Sorc DPS then you will know that using Overload in a fight that is about 3+ minutes long is a huge DPS loss over using Meteor. However, when using Overload on short duration fights Magic Sorcs have the highest DPS. This is one of the main reason people dismiss Magic Sorcs when you ask for DPS increases. Getting Overload exchanged for some sustained DPS is the best way to help this class, other than removing the pets.

Overload should be reworked to be an instant cast, single target, low cost ultimate. Once this happens the class can be balanced properly.

Yes, remove sorcerer's only ultimate that still have uses instead of removing dark exchange, a useless ability not even 1% of the sorcs ever slots in their bars. You clearly know what you are talking about.

To fix the sustained DPS issue for magika sorcs Dark Exchange should be reworked in a spam-able spell with a melee and a ranged morph to untie the class from always needing Force Pulse and Destro Staff. With such an ability available Zenimax could easily mess with the number till they got sorcer DPS up to par with the other magika DPSs without buffing the other classes as well and without causing too much disturbance in PvP.

It would also help with self healing as every activation of our spam-able ability would proc Blood Magic, healing the caster. Pets don't need to be removed, they need a few reworks, that is all.
    Edited by Grao on May 11, 2016 8:51PM
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Depending on the content your running NBs are actually far better healers than Templars. Stam DKs are the best stam DPS class, and probably have the highest DPS out of all eight classes. Additionally, the Elder Scrolls lore supports Magic NBs far better than Stam NBs. None of that actually explains why we have to put up with so many ignorant people.

But never forget that as far as TESO goes, Stam Nightblade are the only class that are using medium armor in character creation, while templar and dk are heavy armor user and sorcerer are light amor.

They kind of brought that logic themself into people mind (while I've seen in morrowind I believe you could create nightblade that were actually mage.
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on May 11, 2016 8:51PM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

overload is basically useless and a huge dps loss in a extended fight, in anything over about 2 min it is outdone by meteor. sure its cool to see 45k in 40 seconds, but its only useful in niche fights. besides what alternatives would magicka sork be losing? everything they have is already used up, no one is suggesting that those skills go away. only to change skills that most seem to not use in order to give sorcs what every other class has, an end game pve stam build that can use some class skills.

besides you dont need FP, you could weave that op ele drain :P
    Edited by iam117 on May 11, 2016 9:05PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    STAM MORPH OF OVERLOAD,

Oblivion Sorcerer

Morrowind Sorcerer

Yes, remove sorcerer's only ultimate that still have uses instead of removing dark exchange, a useless ability not even 1% of the sorcs ever slots in their bars. You clearly know what you are talking about.

To fix the sustained DPS issue for magika sorcs Dark Exchange should be reworked in a spam-able spell with a melee and a ranged morph to untie the class from always needing Force Pulse and Destro Staff. With such an ability available Zenimax could easily mess with the number till they got sorcer DPS up to par with the other magika DPSs without buffing the other classes as well and without causing too much disturbance in PvP.

It would also help with self healing as every activation of our spam-able ability would proc Blood Magic, healing the caster. Pets don't need to be removed, they need a few reworks, that is all.

As far as magika sorc goes, simply modify the Proc chance of Crystal blast and you got it, but that has repercussion upon pvp a LOT. That's why I think it should be look at from a diversification of the build perspecive.

Add a class AOE that we can use, help people get rid of Bound Armor by giving the magika bonus somewhere else and let us use some much needed versatility.

Maybe an Aoe with the same type of mechanic as Healing Spring but for Domage.Something to spam when needed that we can put Inside our offbar.