Official Feedback Thread for Sorcerers

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These changes are really bad there are plenty of ways to stop shield stacking and balance shields and ZOS over does it I wonder if I'll even keep playing after June I really want to stay magicka sorc for life but why put in all the time, gold and effort into trying to make an inferior class playable again. Its almost as if this patch was made to specifically punish my build and play style do I reroll and keep playing just not sure I'm a top level player and I will adapt and overcome but why even try when it seems ZOS is out to ruin there game even more with every patch.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Honestly speaking, what does a magick Sorc have over any of the other classes in PvP now? With everyone having our ward what do we have that puts us over ANYONE of the other classes? Frags? DAEDRIC prey? Nothing we legitimately have nothing that would gives us an edge. There really is absolutely no reason to play this class over any other class. We have the least amount of damage and the least survivability. I honestly would like to know WHAT do we have. NOTHING!

Magicka Sorcs now join stamina Sorcs as the crappiest class, we are the worst magicka and stamina class now. Not just the duration killing but add to it the fact that all those other classes with their mitigation now have our shields.

The best ranged burst in the game (including a ranged wrecking blow that can be insta cast), the highest possible shield values, a 10k a click ultimate, a 3rd utility bar- and most importantly- one of the all around best skills in the game for offense, defense, and mobility in streak.

It honestly sounds like you don't even know the class or its strengths too well.

Our big burst was inevitable with daedric prey and Dawnbreaker. 2 of those are dead for us now. Range barely means anything in PvP, people just gap close in so range means nothing really. Our frags are nice if RNG decides to bless us. Frags are nice, nothing to give up all the skills that the other classes have. OL is nice, but now that is all we have. The OL sorc is the only viable one yaaaay....

Now NB stealth high high burst heal through damage - and shields
    DK major mitigation dots and cc's up the wazoo reflect heal through damage - and shields
    Templars mitigation hardest hitting range skill best execute heal through damage super heal - and shields

In other words all the other classes still have all of their strengths and mitigation techniques staying the same, and now have the sorcs only mitigation technique added to them.

I have played every class I know the good and the bad. I know the damage outputs of them all at endgame. No need to get rude. I am not some amazing player, but if you cannot see that everyone having the one thing sorcs had to mitigate on top of their usual ways then I think you are just trolling.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    These changes are really bad there are plenty of ways to stop shield stacking and balance shields and ZOS over does it I wonder if I'll even keep playing after June I really want to stay magicka sorc for life but why put in all the time, gold and effort into trying to make an inferior class playable again. Its almost as if this patch was made to specifically punish my build and play style do I reroll and keep playing just not sure I'm a top level player and I will adapt and overcome but why even try when it seems ZOS is out to ruin there game even more with every patch.

Exactly whats the point of adapting over and over, when they are just gonna wreck the entire game every single time. That is not fun that is tedious and bad decision making on their part. Will they ever reach a point where they are just making simple little tweaks like maybe a few percentage points here and a second or 2 there, not just completely changing everything all the damn time. I am gonna look at the threads see what is up, and just slowly stop. They are in over their heads, and do not care about the game it is obvious now...
    Options
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both a magicka sorc and stamina sorc.
    The changes to Annulment are so great and basically make Conjured Ward obsolete, why not go all the way, and completely take this skill out of the game, and instead replace it with something creative and unique, something that will be able to morph into a stamina skill that will give stamina sorcs a decent edge.

I know it's not going to be a popular idea, but it just seems silly to keep Conjured Ward in the game after Annulment puts it to shame.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Hey while we are at nerfing our shields

Marvel can you nerf captain america shield making him only be able to use it for 6 sec as well its not fair for other avengers or the enemies :smiley:

joking aside i don't think this should have been implemented why can't PVP and PVE be separated there are many players who love to do dungeons and having 20sec helps allot when you are glass cannon and considering they nerferd heal from templer it helps.

Yes i know i will get L2P ect however my mage has one job and that is huge DPS as quick as possible while been able to stay alive..

Separate PVP from PVE and let those in PVP whine and get their nerfs

It is basically common knowledge in-game that if you want to have an easy time doing vMA, you do it on a magicka sorc. The PvP vs PvE argument really has no place here.

Clearly ZOS doesnt want you to get away easily with being a "glass cannon" with absolutely no investment into anything besides spell damage and max magicka and that's probably not a bad thing.

Arena will just be harder for anyone who has not completed it a million times and knows each spawn by memory.

The failsafe function of shields remains - their potency isn´t touched. It will only be more cost intensive to sustain
    Why can't we have some of our garbage skills taken a look at? Why was it Wards first? When's the last time Rune Prison and Encase came up in conversation? Can we consider making the insta-proc on Frags baseline so that the other morph is free to do something viable? Why are pets still so underwhelming? Why do we have so many friggin toggle skills? I feel like nerfing wards should have been a "you don't need this anymore" move instead of a "YOU DON'T GET THIS ANYMORE"

Rune prison is an awesome skill.

As defensive rune it indeed is. Rune Prison + Maelstrom weaps + soulassault is also the epitome of stamina cheese.

However Encase is a contender of most useless ability with the new changes to forward momentum especially. Not even talking about shattering prison... Oh good lord that morph is bad.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I play both a magicka sorc and stamina sorc.
    The changes to Annulment are so great and basically make Conjured Ward obsolete, why not go all the way, and completely take this skill out of the game, and instead replace it with something creative and unique, something that will be able to morph into a stamina skill that will give stamina sorcs a decent edge.

I know it's not going to be a popular idea, but it just seems silly to keep Conjured Ward in the game after Annulment puts it to shame.

God please no. Annulment costs about 30% more magica than hardened, does not ward pets, is about 40% weaker in shieldstrengh when not using dampen magica with 7 light armor.

Hardened ward is still better than annulment / harness / dampen. Not by much but enough to matter.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after about two days of only playing my DragonKnight on PTS I hopped on my sorc so I decided to comment on some things.
    1. The shield change is great, I believe it now requires a bit more timing on the sorcerers part to protect themselves with shields. As I was fighting I found the most effective way was to kite players while lining up burst then when I see them about to use a gap closer or ranged attack counter their burst with a shield, then kite again.
    2. @ZOS_GinaBruno We really need to fix the health desyncs, my sorcerer is the only class I play on that consistently causes health desyncs to the people I fight, it happened in 11 of the 14 fights I had yesterday on PTS and got annoying to the point where I felt bad for playing on my sorc because almost every fight people would randomly drop dead at 40%-50% health
    3. I am still a strong believe that Mages Wrath and its morphs should not be dodgeable. People made the argument that meteor shouldn't be reflected simply because its a meteor and Radiant Destruction should not be dodgable because its a channelled beam, Im going to make the same argument by saying "ITS A LIGHTNING BOLT FOR GOD SAKES!".

Essentially other than a few bugs I feel sorc is in a good place, it still seems easier to play than other classes but thats just my personal opinion.

To everyone saying "There are plenty of other ways to deal with shield stacking" I feel like the combat team doesn't want to do away with it, I also feel like the reduction to 6 seconds was one of the best things they could do. Shields as they are on live are crossing the line from being an active defence to being a passive defence, unless sorcerers got a new passive that allows them to see the future, there is really no need for them to stack a shield to prevent damage they will take 15 or 20 seconds from that time. While sorcerers main weakness should now be more relevant in smaller fights as when they are CCed theres a chance that their shield will expire allowing for them to be bursted down.
    Edited by vortexman11 on April 29, 2016 3:14PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a change to the pets. Once activated they stay activated until dead. But we dont have to dual/tri bar them. Instead to use their abilities again we have to switch to the bar they are on. This is all I really want changed. Please loosen up the sorc bar. We can only use the skill if we go to the bar it is on.

Also on that note, the twilight tormentor is very lackluster. Could it be made to shoot a single target attack like the inferno/sea of oblivion for DK, just shoots 3 of them in the same amount of time as the AOE pet does and the last hit roots or stuns or heals for damage done. This way we can either have 2 healing pets out or 2 dps pets out.

These pet changes would really help the sorc transition away from heavily relying on shields, and finally add some slots for skills. as it is if you are a pet sorc your bar is far too crowded. Pleased consider this.
    Options
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I got it! Change CRYSTAL BLAST MORPH TO A STAMINA MORPH. Same as Crystal Frags, but the damage is based off stamina now.
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I got it! Change CRYSTAL BLAST MORPH TO A STAMINA MORPH. Same as Crystal Frags, but the damage is based off stamina now.

You normal? Care to get one shot in pvp?
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/search?Search=stamina+sorcerers

Look at the search results if you want suggestions and want to understand the state of stamina sorcs. I don't have any energy to elaborate more than that. We have already done enough here.

stam_sorcs.png
    Edited by Cathexis on April 29, 2016 6:12PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all these links to other threads about stamina or what have, im sorry, but i think you would be better served to comment on threads that were created by ZOS

higher chance of it getting read
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like people constantly forget that damage shields don't get any damage mitigation. I have a 11k shield in pvp and one average stamina dps can wrecking blow that down in one strike. And every half decent stam player can get off quite a few attacks in a very short window.

It also seems like people are constantly forgetting that most mag sorcs have almost nothing for stam regen and between dodge rolling/CC break sorcs run out of stamina fast af. One more CC and sorc is pretty much toast. I play mag sorc, and when I see other mag sorcs, I laugh and CC the hell out of them and more often than not they are dead within 10 seconds of either me soloing or like 2 guys hitting them.

Stamina builds on the other hand. 12 people chasing them futilely spamming attacks that constantly miss to dodge roll and vigor/rally heals them to full while they roll around for the next 30 seconds.

But yeah, OBVIOUSLY shield stacking sorcs are too hard to kill, and stam players need dodge roll cost reduction.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Look at the search results if you want suggestions and want to understand the state of stamina sorcs. I don't have any energy to elaborate more than that. We have already done enough here.

stam_sorcs.png

You've got mail
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for PVE, I want to point out that sorcs are a tanky dps. That is their role. They don't deal as much damage as pretty much any other class, BUT the shields make them harder to kill.

Maybe I'm just naive, but that does not seem unfair to me. You can play a dk or nb and deal 30k-40k single target dps, or you can play a sorc, deal less damage, but be less likely to be one shotted. Oh right, but "tanky dps isn't fair" say the nightblades healing themselves for 4-8k health per second by simply spamming their class siphons on the boss.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

stam_sorcs.png
    Same.
    Im not going to write another essay and waste my time if theyre not even going to let us know what they think about our feedback, or what their plans are for stam sorc.

This was supposed to be the stamina patch the brought all stam classes on par. Instead, all they did was buff stamblades (20k incap strike, with defile and stun lul) and fix fighters guild.
    Hurricane will be just as bad, maybe even worse, than Thundering Presence since i cant disintegrate, get speed, or have a longer duration. Its the same way of how i felt when they introduced Thundering Presence.... WHAT IS DIS?

Edited by PainfulFAFA on April 30, 2016 12:43AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason they're nerfing the hell out of shields because of the constantly whining by PVP players about shield stacking in PVP so PVE players are getting their shields rendered useless because of that. I don't understand the logic of that this way of thinking this a "Elder Scrolls" games this is a online RPG game that means PVE PVE and more PVE, PVP is just a very small part of this game that's preferred by very small part of the population so why are they treating ESO as if it revolves around PVP and that change in the game should to be based on what whining PvP players want. Any company that that caters to a small percentage of their customers at the expense of the majority of their customers will not be in business for very long. If you want to stop players from stacking shelves then you should just make shields unstackable or have the shields last for 6 second "only" in cyrodiil and 20 seconds everywhere else instead of nerfing shields so badly that they are now not worth having on your bar.
    And why isn't anyone talking about the 5% increase in the cost of Conjured Ward on top of the 74% decrease in the shield's duration.
    Options
  • MoreDino
    MoreDino
    ✭✭✭
    Given the chance, I'm sure the NPCs would complain about shield stacking just as much, if not more. :p
    Options
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    So after about two days of only playing my DragonKnight on PTS I hopped on my sorc so I decided to comment on some things.
    1. The shield change is great, I believe it now requires a bit more timing on the sorcerers part to protect themselves with shields. As I was fighting I found the most effective way was to kite players while lining up burst then when I see them about to use a gap closer or ranged attack counter their burst with a shield, then kite again.
    2. @ZOS_GinaBruno We really need to fix the health desyncs, my sorcerer is the only class I play on that consistently causes health desyncs to the people I fight, it happened in 11 of the 14 fights I had yesterday on PTS and got annoying to the point where I felt bad for playing on my sorc because almost every fight people would randomly drop dead at 40%-50% health
    3. I am still a strong believe that Mages Wrath and its morphs should not be dodgeable. People made the argument that meteor shouldn't be reflected simply because its a meteor and Radiant Destruction should not be dodgable because its a channelled beam, Im going to make the same argument by saying "ITS A LIGHTNING BOLT FOR GOD SAKES!".

Essentially other than a few bugs I feel sorc is in a good place, it still seems easier to play than other classes but thats just my personal opinion.

To everyone saying "There are plenty of other ways to deal with shield stacking" I feel like the combat team doesn't want to do away with it, I also feel like the reduction to 6 seconds was one of the best things they could do. Shields as they are on live are crossing the line from being an active defence to being a passive defence, unless sorcerers got a new passive that allows them to see the future, there is really no need for them to stack a shield to prevent damage they will take 15 or 20 seconds from that time. While sorcerers main weakness should now be more relevant in smaller fights as when they are CCed theres a chance that their shield will expire allowing for them to be bursted down.

are you talking pve or pvp?

please state so. they are radically different game types.
    Options
  • relaxed83
    relaxed83
    ✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »

The worst part is I can play my VR3 nightblade and faceroll the keyboard with pretty much any skills on hte keyboard and kill someone but playing a sorc takes skill.. Now they're making it even harder to play a sorc... it's just not fair.

Last I checked my buddy told me he dodge rolled for four minutes straight, he was able to cloak from one side of the map to the other and what do sorcs get ? Well we got streak nerfed so it drains our magicka completely after four casts in a row, and now we get more *** in our other hand by taking our shields away... why don't you just remove the sorcerer class completely if that your goal ZoS ? I mean removing and nerfing stuff is a terrible idea I believe they should only add stuff to the game instead of removing existing stuff..or least adjust existing stuff in a positive or neutral way.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I feel like people constantly forget that damage shields don't get any damage mitigation. I have a 11k shield in pvp and one average stamina dps can wrecking blow that down in one strike. And every half decent stam player can get off quite a few attacks in a very short window.

It also seems like people are constantly forgetting that most mag sorcs have almost nothing for stam regen and between dodge rolling/CC break sorcs run out of stamina fast af. One more CC and sorc is pretty much toast. I play mag sorc, and when I see other mag sorcs, I laugh and CC the hell out of them and more often than not they are dead within 10 seconds of either me soloing or like 2 guys hitting them.

Stamina builds on the other hand. 12 people chasing them futilely spamming attacks that constantly miss to dodge roll and vigor/rally heals them to full while they roll around for the next 30 seconds.

But yeah, OBVIOUSLY shield stacking sorcs are too hard to kill, and stam players need dodge roll cost reduction.

And now SHIELDS. That thing that made the Sorc Unique and in anyway actually viable.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need our bars freed up. Let the pets only need one slot, once summoned they stay until killed, and to use their ability we have to go to the var with it obviously.

Make the tormentor do 3 single target attacks and have it stun or root on the last hit akin to the AOE of the other pet. The extra damage morph is lackluster at best and doesn't even sync up with our 20% execute.

Make bound armor like mage light, when activated it does something gives magicka or stamina reconcery whatever, but only needs to be slotted for benefit. That would help the class sooo much. Or just tie the magicka bonus to our shields and give us an bound weapon attack here. With 2 morphs one for Stam Sorc one for mag Sorcs, this could be the active effect of the bound armor if need be. Call it something new and catchy...
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »

I'm talking from the perspective of PvP, as you can tell when I said I was dueling. I don't see how these changes don't apply to PvE though as sorcerer is basically the easiest class to do solo content. Before people start harassing me, I never called for sorcerer nerfs, in fact I'vs said sorcerers were balanced ever since 1.6 dropped and they could one shot people with a frag, in my post all I wanted to convey is that sorcerer is no worse or better off than it was before. All it'll require is a bit more timing. In PvE you'll need to learn fight mechanics and when you're about to be hit by burst and know to stack shields then, in PvP you'll need to pay attention to those who you are fighting in order to effectively shield against incoming damage.
    Edited by vortexman11 on April 30, 2016 1:50PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭

I'm talking from the perspective of PvP, as you can tell when I said I was dueling. I don't see how these changes don't apply to PvE though as sorcerer is basically the easiest class to do solo content. Before people start harassing me, I never called for sorcerer nerfs, in fact I'vs said sorcerers were balanced ever since 1.6 dropped and they could one shot people with a frag, in my post all I wanted to convey is that sorcerer is no worse or better off than it was before. All it'll require is a bit more timing. In PvE you'll need to learn fight mechanics and when you're about to be hit by burst and know to stack shields then, in PvP you'll need to pay attention to those who you are fighting in order to effectively shield against incoming damage.

In PvE I am not a dps as I don't like to dps, I am a magicka sorc tank. The changes kill my build off and make it not worth playing. I will burn through magicka so fast in a boss fight it's not even funny. And that's sitting at 2400+ magicka regen. Don't tell me I need to learn how to tank then or I'm doing it wrong or I need to better manage my resources and use pots, that's a load of crap. I've tanked in games for a long time and as a magicka tank I've had the most fun. It's not the cut and dry basic "hold my shield and wait for a shard to be thrown my way" and I enjoy it that way it is.

Why in the hell do these "tweaks" involve COMPLETELY redesigning a skill instead of a small adjustment? Maybe ZOS, Gina and Wrobel need to set up a community survey like the Warframe devs did when they were discussing changes so we can have some input without causing rage within the community. Also would help the team at ZOS stated why they WOULD LIKE TO make these changes instead "here, live our revamping of the game" policy as they do patch after patch.

Small changes are easier for us as a whole community to handle rather than changing the entire way a class or skill works, but that's obvious logic.
    Edited by GriM_728 on April 30, 2016 3:22PM
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GriM_728 wrote: »

In PvE I am not a dps as I don't like to dps, I am a magicka sorc tank. The changes kill my build off and make it not worth playing. I will burn through magicka so fast in a boss fight it's not even funny. And that's sitting at 2400+ magicka regen. Don't tell me I need to learn how to tank then or I'm doing it wrong or I need to better manage my resources and use pots, that's a load of crap. I've tanked in games for a long time and as a magicka tank I've had the most fun. It's not the cut and dry basic "hold my shield and wait for a shard to be thrown my way" and I enjoy it that way it is.

Why in the hell do these "tweaks" involve COMPLETELY redesigning a skill instead of a small adjustment? Maybe ZOS, Gina and Wrobel need to set up a community survey like the Warframe devs did when they were discussing changes so we can have some input without causing rage within the community. Also would help the team at ZOS stated why they WOULD LIKE TO make these changes instead "here, live our revamping of the game" policy as they do patch after patch.

Small changes are easier for us as a whole community to handle rather than changing the entire way a class or skill works, but that's obvious logic.

I'd never tell you you need to learn to tank first of all, as I respect everyone and their builds. If this change is going to ruin your build and builds like it then sure I'll admit it needs re balancing. All I'm saying is that Hardened Ward and damage shields like it should not last any longer than the average amount of time it takes for someone to burst through the 10k shield. For example if you're tanking bloodspawn on live and it takes him 8 seconds to get through your Hardened Ward then the skill should only last 8 seconds.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

Options
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭

I'd never tell you you need to learn to tank first of all, as I respect everyone and their builds. If this change is going to ruin your build and builds like it then sure I'll admit it needs re balancing. All I'm saying is that Hardened Ward and damage shields like it should not last any longer than the average amount of time it takes for someone to burst through the 10k shield. For example if you're tanking bloodspawn on live and it takes him 8 seconds to get through your Hardened Ward then the skill should only last 8 seconds.
    Sorry, just wanted to clear up that before it got stated as many people would jump right that conclusion. Let's put it like this, I've already rerolled as a stam sorc. It's sad really, as I've been running my build since day one, minus a few small changes to the build here and there, and now it's gone. I have been mainly a PvE player and just got into pvp in the past 6 months and was even running the build in pvp, mainly to see how it faired, and it did quite well against stam and highly effective against magicka.

Battle Spirit is in pvp, so why not take advantage of it and add a shield time reduction just in there? There's no reason pve should get the shaft if a change is meant for pvp.
    Edited by GriM_728 on April 30, 2016 3:41PM
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change the way I play?

Nah, I'll just reroll and cry something about PvP.

Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, just wanted to clear up that before it got stated as many people would jump right that conclusion. Let's put it like this, I've already rerolled as a stam sorc. It's sad really, as I've been running my build since day one, minus a few small changes to the build here and there, and now it's gone. I have been mainly a PvE player and just got into pvp in the past 6 months and was even running the build in pvp, mainly to see how it faired, and it did quite well against stam and highly effective against magicka.

Battle Spirit is in pvp, so why not take advantage of it and add a shield time reduction just in there? There's no reason pve should get the shaft if a change is meant for pvp.

Eh, PvP whiners will always find ways to ruin the game for PvE players, I've mainly given up on my sorc as he's just not fun to play anymore with everything being nerfed to hell and back for them because whiners in PvP can't suck it up and learn how to play and must ruin an entire class because they're bad.....
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My view on stamina sorc changes and what I would like to see implemented.

With the changes to Thundering Presence (now Hurricane) we can see that the Devs are giving stam sorcs a theme with 'wind'. I believe that this is a cool idea, the problem is it is only one ability and the class when it comes to stamina still seems lacking. So lets expand on it.

My ideas I've had so far, which are mostly PvE orientated are:

Storm Atronach - Make a morph of this ultimate summon an Air Atronach which deals physical damage...maybe it can use the spin attack like Air Atro's do.

Mage's Fury - Make a morph of this skill deal physical damage and costs stamina, scaling from 25% health threshold. Example; Wind Slice, Empower your weapon with the wind and strike an enemy for X physical damage.

Crystal Blast - An often discussed topic, should stam sorc have their own spammable? I'm not so fussed about this, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either. OR it become a morph which applies a DoT to the target. Example; Crystal Remnant (I know...I'm bad at names), enchant your weapon in a crude crystal formation and slash your foe for x damage and deal x damage over time.

Bound Armaments - The main reason this is used is simply for the max stamina bonus, which is fine. but I find the heavy attack bonus some what negligible. What if this was a toggle/activated ability which summons a bound weapon to fight by your side? and increase max stamina whilst slotted.

That's all I can think of for now!
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, my two scents as someone that mains a Sorcerer since the start of the game and left ESO because the class has been pretty much ruined.

For a long while PvE Sorcerer's DPS has been at the bottom of the pyramid unless you count spamming Light Attacks with Overload, an ability that has been been buggy since the release of the game and as far as I am aware, is still bugged.

Originally, ours was a strong class, but every patch we suffer nerfs on every ability that is actually useful (We have quite a few abilities that are pointless). That is because of PvP complains... We are the only class to have an ability we are punished for spamming, why? PvP complains. Now our shield is made useless... Why? PvP complains... It is nerf after nerf after nerf due to PvP complains. Negate was also nerfed to the ground because of PvP complains...

Do I understand the nerfs? Yes... Bolt escape was very frustrating in PvP before it was nerfed. Negate was absolute in team fights and stacking shields does make sorcerers really hard to kill, but every class has abilities that are frustrating... Who here hasn't seen a vampire DK faceroll 1v5 and leave the fight with 100% health after killing everyone?

Anyway, @ZOS_GinaBruno, we need ZOS to stop simply nerfing our abilities and start changing them. SO, shields are too powerful in PvP? Ok, so how can we change the ability so it is still useful in PvE but less powerful in PvP? Maybe critical hits can break the shield? How can negate be used in PvP without being so powerful and still be of use in PvE? If you nerf a class on something you have to buff it somewhere else and... I am sorry, but you can't change a DPS class so completely they become useless as DPS.

And please... Please stop shoving pets at us. You were already told by the community that we don't like them... Toggles are a pain in the ass, not to mention the pets are too big, they get in the way, they can chain boss abilities into the raid... They are just not good. We made sorcerers to cast spells, not to sit and watch our pets do the work while light attacking the boss and sometimes buff the pets. It is a boring, horrible play style >.<
    Options