Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Hey guys, thanks for your ongoing feedback on the enchanting changes.

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.

Faith in ZOS = Restored :)

Thank you very much!

Now, about that issue where everyone is still going to leave the Ta runes in the nodes....

Thank you for listening, its not exactly what we wanted but its a step in the right direction as crafters.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    3.) CONSIDER: Greatly increasing the number of glyphs found as loot... greatly increasing the success rate of extraction upon a deconstruction attempt... and/or both. Maxed out passives should grant fairly close to a 100% extraction rate if you truly want to make these resources more available to players.

I'd like to see them add a chance to get a Glyph when you decon enchanted weapons and armor. It's always struck me as counter-intuitive that you can't; you get a chance at getting almost everything else back.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone .

Now:
    1/3 Aspect
    1/3 Essence
    1/3 Potency
    Total: 1

Then:
    1 Aspect
    1 Essence
    1/3 Potency
    Total: 2,33

So we will have 2,33 times more runes from harvesting than before.
    If you want to use all your aspect & essence runes you still have to buy them [Edit: the potency runes] from the vendor.

The value of runes will drop. Leveling enchanting will be easier and cheaper.
    I don't like it.

PS: Please give Aspekt Runes a vendor value or despawn half looted nodes after a minute.
    Edited by SantaOrc on April 28, 2016 11:49AM
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone even dislike the old enchanting mechanics ( well except that ridiciolous leveling of it ) ?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also selling potentcy runes was one of my income sources...
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.

Faith in ZOS = Restored :)

Thank you very much!

Now, about that issue where everyone is still going to leave the Ta runes in the nodes....

They remove 100 % of Potency from the wilds of Tamriel. Only to give us a 1/3 chance drop rate and your faith is restored?

You do know we didnt win anything here right?
    If you look at the math, you'll see that this is now actually significantly better than what we currently have on live.

A few people explained it already, but this is a good post:
    SantaOrc wrote: »
    so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone .

Now:
    1/3 Aspect
    1/3 Essence
    1/3 Potency
    Total: 1

Then:
    1 Aspect
    1 Essence
    1/3 Potency
    Total: 2,33

So we will have 2,33 times more runes from harvesting than before.

I've actually tried it out on the PTS, and all runestone harvesting locations now spawn the same, giving both an aspect and an essence. Currently on live, you only get one rune from each node, and it is either one aspect, one essence, or one potency. Meaning that for every harvestible node, you currently have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a potency.

With Gina's newest proposed change for the DB update, you still get that 1 in 3 chance. So that would make the average number potency runes you can get from farming nodes exactly the same as it currently is on live right now. It's just that now you also get two other runes as well, from all nodes.

So it's actually now a big improvement over live. :)

Also:
    SantaOrc wrote: »
    PS: Please give Aspekt Runes a vendor value or despawn half looted nodes after a minute.
    This. Unless ZOS wants all rune nodes to contain nothing but Tas...
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A substantial reply from you makes for a pleasant change. However, I don't understand how this achieves your stated goal of getting more people into enchanting. Perhaps I'm missing something incredibly obvious here, but what about the current method of harvesting runes is broken? How do you anticipate newer players having to pay gold for runes, which they'll still have to do if they get unlucky with the drops, will encourage them to bother with a craft that you say has the lowest uptake?

Doing something at Ta runes would help, as would increasing deconstruction inspiration, as would increasing the drop rate of the better Aspect runes.

The changes feel a lot like that time when Microsoft moved the show desktop icon from the left side of the taskbar over to the far right side, simply because they could. It made no difference to new people and frustrated existing users.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    during IC i bought reporas with TVS and sold them for 9.5k gold each. they sold out within days, hundreds of them.
    given the price was somewhere around this and now has a 2.5k UPPER BOUND (player sold will be cheaper), I don't get the point of 70% of the posts in this thread
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not an enchanter, though i've been leveling a low level to be one in the future.

I recommend having the ability of harvesting all 3 from a single runestone as well as having them sold by an NPC. I dont know the names I just see shapes. So when looting you will find one square rune(scaled to the zone level as on LIVE), and then 1-2 of the triangle and circular runes as well, like a mixture.

I also dont have a cook, but I know You can buy some food items from an NPC, or you can go manually pick them up somewhere if you so choose to do so.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1/3 chance.....

Gina, we are saying or giving feedback to restore the harvest ability. Originally it was 100% chance to get a potency rune based on the potent node. Please offer at least offer with this 1/3 chance that a harvest will produce all three 50% of the time on any harvest.
    OR

Cut the exp needed to progress enchanting by 75% on creation and 75% of breaking down glyphs.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TY for reconsidering the No-Potency harvest proposal. My main concerns with Enchanting are addressed and I can live with this change.

However, I still think there are nagging issues with enchanting that are not going to make the trade fun or make enchanter feel as special as the other trade-skills.
    • Most of the runes I harvest are useless (Tas). Nobody wants them. Nobody needs them. Zos *really* needs to find someway enchanters can somehow use these to make something worthwhile.
    • The market is going to be flooded with Runestones because under the new system, harvesters with gather double what they did before. It would be really nice fro Enchanters to be able to do something with all these Runes aside from sell them at really low prices. And that's boring.
    • I am going to scream every time I come across a node that just has a Ta stone.
    • I use my enchanting skills every 2 months when I make new armor. The glyphs I make look and perform exactly the same way as the glyphs someone else makes. The combination of the these two make enchanting unrewarding. This is the probably the reason your metrics tell you there aren't many enchanters
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have thrown us a bone as damage control. But that bone has a sharp edge on it. Potency runes will now be locked behind ZOS RNG. They say 1/3 of a chance ? Well I don't believe it when they say these kind of things as they have a history of lying. Potency will still become incredibly rare in the wild and we'll be forced to buy them.
    1/3 of a chance is anyway nowhere near enough. At the moment we have a 100% chance of finding a potency rune when we find it out in the world. So if we want to make a glyph, we can find all of the materials we need 100% of the time. Now, because of RNG we may go days without finding what we need therefore pushing people to buy them. To me this is no different than removing them.
    Again I ask why change something that is not broken? Why don't you want us to harvest our own potency runes whenever we need to, instead of locking them behind a pay wall or an RNG wall?
    This change is universally hated by everyone. So please leave potency runes as they are now. Do not remove them from the world. Why push a change that will upset and make things harder for the vast majority of your players?

Edit: Actually, I will answer my own question why. The only possible reason to change the system is because they want to sell them in the crown store. The lies about "streamlining" and "increasing participation" are disgusting, but this is what I expect from this company. Removing them and putting them behind a low chance RNG will drive many players to spend real cash instead of gold.
    Edited by bunnytrix on April 28, 2016 8:00PM
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making glyphs of the same type, crafted or dropped, stack? That would be encouraging to new players starting out in enchanting! Enchanting straddles a lot of rules, it's considered a consumable they don't stack like food or pots. They can be deconned for mats and inspirations, but nothing better than white ever drops from mobs. If they either followed one ruleset or the other it would help simplify the craft at least by one step. I'd go with both frankly, since glyphs get used so infrequently compared to food and pots, which get used almost constantly and require fewer mats to craft than armor.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • SpiritedBlaize
    1/3rd chance of getting a potency of what level? What is available to buy at the stores is it like the recopies and i only get them at my crafting level. Are you doing this because cp10-150 potency rune stones will be obsolete? since there will no longer be a push for gear at ranks 1 and 7.

You need to make Ta's worth 1gold so its worth picking up and vending so users wont be stuck with only 1 ta in their enchanting node.
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1/3 chance.....

Gina, we are saying or giving feedback to restore the harvest ability. Originally it was 100% chance to get a potency rune based on the potent node. Please offer at least offer with this 1/3 chance that a harvest will produce all three 50% of the time on any harvest.

Once again, everyone seems to be missing the math here. I blame the fact that console users can't log into the PTS to see how it actually works, and are therefore getting confused.

Before (or currently on live), it was indeed 100% chance of getting a potency rune when harvesting a potency node, but it was only a 1/3 chance that any given node would spawn as a potency node. Hence, it has always been a 1/3 chance of a potency rune, when you look at all nodes together.

In the DB update, ALL nodes will be the same. They will ALL give one aspect, and one essence. One third of them will also give one potency, so the potency runes will have the same chance as before. It's just that all runes also give the other two types as well. So compared to the old way (current live) we will be getting the same number of potency runes, but 3 times as many aspect and essence runes.

We can look at it another way... Pretend you take the system we have now on live, where each node can spawn as one of the three types of runes. Now, say you do this:
    If it's an Aspect Node, it will always give you the aspect rune, plus a bonus essence rune.
    If it's an Essence Node, it will always give you the essence rune, plus a bonus aspect rune.
    If it's a Potency Node, it will always give you the potency rune, plus a bonus aspect AND essence rune.

That's essentially the exact same thing as what we will have. Only difference is that you won't be able to tell from the color of the node what's in it. :)

The point is, now that they are allowing potency runes to be harvestable again, they are the same as they were. We just get more aspect and essence runes than we did before.

So yes, we get fewer potency than we get aspect and essence, but it's NOT because we are getting less potency, it's because we are getting MORE of the other two. Make sense?
    Cut the exp needed to progress enchanting by 75% on creation and 75% of breaking down glyphs.
    This. Well, I'd word it as "increase the inspiration gained by 3x or 4x for creating and extracting glyphs" but yeah, same idea.
    Edited by Divinius on April 28, 2016 3:14PM
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there the same or fewer total nodes available to harvest now that they are combined? Has anyone done a count on PTS vs live?

Putting in a 33% drop chance for potency runes only helps to resolve the problem if the total number of nodes is equal to what it was before. If you reduce the total number of nodes it's not really the same drop chance as it is now. And if 100% of nodes (since it's only one type now) can potentially hold only a rejected Ta from a previous harvester, that's a new problem you're introducing with this change.

I will add to the chorus that I also liked having the different colors glowing against things in the world. It was pretty.

I still don't see the need to mess with the rune harvesting. If you want more players to participate in enchanting, increase the rate of leveling it, make mobs drop different colors of glyphs other than white, let colored glyphs be extracted from deconstructing armor and weapons, or whatever. And yes, by all means, put potency runes on the merchant for the convenience of people who have the gold to buy them. But messing with harvesting is annoying and of questionable value to many players.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  •  Red_Mosquito
    It was bad enough before an update which meant Zenimax had to increase the spawning of potency runes because there weren't enough and the answer is now to get rid of harvesting altogether? I'm puzzled. Is zenimax TRYING to get people to give up on their game??? O_o
    Edited by Red_Mosquito on April 28, 2016 3:23PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Are there the same or fewer total nodes available to harvest now that they are combined? Has anyone done a count on PTS vs live?

Putting in a 33% drop chance for potency runes only helps to resolve the problem if the total number of nodes is equal to what it was before. If you reduce the total number of nodes it's not really the same drop chance as it is now. And if 100% of nodes (since it's only one type now) can potentially hold only a rejected Ta from a previous harvester, that's a new problem you're introducing with this change.

I will add to the chorus that I also liked having the different colors glowing against things in the world. It was pretty.

I still don't see the need to mess with the rune harvesting. If you want more players to participate in enchanting, increase the rate of leveling it, make mobs drop different colors of glyphs other than white, let colored glyphs be extracted from deconstructing armor and weapons, or whatever. And yes, by all means, put potency runes on the merchant for the convenience of people who have the gold to buy them. But messing with harvesting is annoying and of questionable value to many players.

ZOS cold have left the node spawning alone, added potency runes to the vendors, and solved a problem with access to potency runes. They could have added inspiration to creation and deconstruction to speed things up. They could have made writ rewards better to encourage the skill line. I think they have placed too much importance on harvesting materials to make a glyph. It was not hard to understand the way it was. Most complants I saw were related to drop rates for specific items.

What really bugs me about how ZOS does things is that there are things in the game that need system attention, like guild traders, chat bubbles, the mail system, etc.,, and enchanting is something they could have tweaked instead of jumping in like this.

I just don't think they are focusing.

That said, the 1/3 potency drop will like be fine, but it is work they could have done for less of an investment.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting in a 33% drop chance for potency runes only helps to resolve the problem if the total number of nodes is equal to what it was before. If you reduce the total number of nodes it's not really the same drop chance as it is now.
    There's a specific location I typically go to to farm runes, so I know very well where the spawns are, and how many of them there are. First thing I did on the PTS to test this was to go there. I can say that (IMO) the number and spawn rate of the nodes appears to be the same as before. It's just that instead of spawning as "red", "yellow", or "blue", they are all red, and all drop multiple runes as stated (though no potency yet, as they haven't added those back in yet).

And if 100% of nodes (since it's only one type now) can potentially hold only a rejected Ta from a previous harvester, that's a new problem you're introducing with this change.
    Yeah, this is definitely going to be a huge issue if they don't do something.

I liked the different colors too. Maybe they can add code that just randomly colors the nodes? It wouldn't have any effect on drops, just be a visual thing?

Since the harvesting isn't really getting any worse (at least now that they are adding the potency runes back), and is actually giving us far more runes than before, I'm not going to complain about the changes to harvesting.

However, I do agree that (other than having more runes available) it really does nothing to "make enchanting easier" for players. The availability of the runes was never really the problem. All the things you mentioned here would do far more to "help" enchanting than just giving us more runes to use (half or which are basically worthless).

Edited by Divinius on April 28, 2016 3:57PM
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like what this is going to do to the economy of the game. I made money selling mats. If I can't get them for free, I can't make any profit from them to buy the things that I can't find harvesting. Look at the prices of all the mats on the guild traders. Everything is tanking from the changes that you made with the Thieves Guild.

I am a Master Enchanter and I never had any trouble finding the mats I needed from harvesting and decon. I'm in a good guild and folks would send me stuff to decon, knowing that I was happy to make them glyphs later. I agree that it should be optional to buy them and still be harvestable. Also, the price should be high enough that folks check the guild stores first.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1/3 chance.....

OR

@NewBlacksmurf A chance of 1/3 is the same as it is on Live. You had 33% chance at Aspect, 33% chance at Essence, and 33% chance at Potency. After this change goes to PTS, you'll have 100% chance at Aspect, 100% chance at Essence, and 33% chance at Potency, so the chance of Potency will be the same as it is on Live.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    What really bugs me about how ZOS does things is that there are things in the game that need system attention, like guild traders, chat bubbles, the mail system, etc.,, and enchanting is something they could have tweaked instead of jumping in like this.

I just don't think they are focusing.
    I think they're focusing... On the bottom line of the ledger sheet.

You don't get more cash for giving much dev attention to guild traders, chat bubbles, the mail system, etc.

You do get more cash when you take a system that was essentially sound but just needed some easy to implement tweaks (e.g. double enchant node outputs, increase inspiration from glyph decons, etc.) and change it so that it's easy to provide a "solution" for cash. You just have to ensure you create a need or amplify an existing need.

This party may just be getting started.
    Edited by Altairien on April 28, 2016 4:31PM
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1/3 chance.....

Once again, everyone seems to be missing the math here. I blame the fact that console users can't log into the PTS to see how it actually works, and are therefore getting confused.

Before (or currently on live), it was indeed 100% chance of getting a potency rune when harvesting a potency node, but it was only a 1/3 chance that any given node would spawn as a potency node. Hence, it has always been a 1/3 chance of a potency rune, when you look at all nodes together.

In the DB update, ALL nodes will be the same. They will ALL give one aspect, and one essence. One third of them will also give one potency, so the potency runes will have the same chance as before. It's just that all runes also give the other two types as well. So compared to the old way (current live) we will be getting the same number of potency runes, but 3 times as many aspect and essence runes.

We can look at it another way... Pretend you take the system we have now on live, where each node can spawn as one of the three types of runes. Now, say you do this:
    If it's an Aspect Node, it will always give you the aspect rune, plus a bonus essence rune.
    If it's an Essence Node, it will always give you the essence rune, plus a bonus aspect rune.
    If it's a Potency Node, it will always give you the potency rune, plus a bonus aspect AND essence rune.

That's essentially the exact same thing as what we will have. Only difference is that you won't be able to tell from the color of the node what's in it. :)

The point is, now that they are allowing potency runes to be harvestable again, they are the same as they were. We just get more aspect and essence runes than we did before.

So yes, we get fewer potency than we get aspect and essence, but it's NOT because we are getting less potency, it's because we are getting MORE of the other two. Make sense?
    This. Well, I'd word it as "increase the inspiration gained by 3x or 4x for creating and extracting glyphs" but yeah, same idea.

Math is a funny thing and I'm not sure it really matters too much. The only runes I go out to farm for specifically are potency. So 1 in 3 nodes with be blue. Or would be blue if I could see it. Now I will have to harvest all the nodes to get my blue Stone lol.

Overall I think the change is fine, but I will miss the colours and being able to see at a distance which one it is.

I still think enchanting needs some work. If the goal was to get more people into enchanting, I don't see how this will affect it much. Getting more mats is nice, but how does that encourage someone to pick up a skill line. There needs to be a benefit to the skill lines.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    They have thrown us a bone as damage control. But that bone has a sharp edge on it. Potency runes will now be locked behind ZOS RNG. They say 1/3 of a chance ? Well I don't believe it when they say these kind of things as they have a history of lying. Potency will still become incredibly rare in the wild and we'll be forced to buy them.
    1/3 of a chance is anyway nowhere near enough. At the moment we have a 100% chance of finding a potency rune when we find it out in the world. So if we want to make a glyph, we can find all of the materials we need 100% of the time. Now, because of RNG we may go days without finding what we need therefore pushing people to buy them. To me this is no different than removing them.
    Again I ask why change something that is not broken? Why don't you want us to harvest our own potency runes whenever we need to, instead of locking them behind a pay wall or an RNG wall?
    This change is universally hated by everyone. So please leave potency runes as they are now. Do not remove them from the world. Why push a change that will upset and make things harder for the vast majority of your players?

There is already (on live) RNG in play though when it comes to harvesting runes, because in the majority of zones it is down to RNG whether an aspect, potency, or essence node spawns - any of the 3 types of nodes can spawn at any rune node spawn point, so there is no difference in terms of how the RNG operates in live compared to a 1/3 chance of getting potency from a combined runestone.

I do think it would be better if they just left it as it is on live (for a start, the different coloured runestones just look pretty, and "if it ain't broke don't fix it"), but just wanted to point that out.

EDIT: Also, yes, something needs to be done about Ta. Whether that is giving it a small value to NPC vendors, having some system whereby they can be combined to make something better (I wouldn't mind spending additional skillpoints on a passive on my enchanter to make this so), or having a node despawn after some of the goods have been removed - but people currently are just leaving Ta in the nodes, meaning the next person to go through the area is only finding Ta. Really the only thing anyone uses Ta for is writs, I destroy a stack of them every week (because I am considerate and pick them up from nodes so that it will respawn).
    Edited by Epona222 on April 28, 2016 5:29PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the "people leaving Tas behind" thing, they really just need to make some general changes to how the looting works for ALL gathering nodes.

I personally think they should just force all harvesting nodes (not just rune nodes) to auto-loot. If you click it, you get it, it doesn't even show the loot window. Also, to avoid people bypassing this simply by having a full inventory, they should also be "loot all or loot nothing" so it would be impossible to take some, but not all, of the items in them.

Sure, this might annoy some people, but honestly, it would pretty much only annoy the people that are causing the problems in the first place. :)
    Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    during IC i bought reporas with TVS and sold them for 9.5k gold each. they sold out within days, hundreds of them.
    given the price was somewhere around this and now has a 2.5k UPPER BOUND (player sold will be cheaper), I don't get the point of 70% of the posts in this thread

The current market value on PC/NA for Repora is 1.5k, and less for Itades, so so I don't get the point of your post.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the "people leaving Tas behind" thing, they really just need to make some general changes to how the looting works for ALL gathering nodes.

I personally think they should just force all harvesting nodes (not just rune nodes) to auto-loot. If you click it, you get it, it doesn't even show the loot window. Also, to avoid people bypassing this simply by having a full inventory, they should also be "loot all or loot nothing" so it would be impossible to take some, but not all, of the items in them.

Sure, this might annoy some people, but honestly, it would pretty much only annoy the people that are causing the problems in the first place. :)

Don't forget to force taking the lockpicks with thieves troves!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Agree 100%, it's a problem with any lootable node or container that contains items that are either too commonly available, or have no intrinsic value. I once went around Bal Foyen on a character and found every locked chest already unlocked with 1 piece of trash loot in it, someone had just been around taking gold/glyphs/malachite/soulgems and left 1 non-set gear item (ie decon trash) in each - I was fuming.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 28, 2016 6:00PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for at least restoring some Potency chance to harvesting. I will echo what others have been saying in that I don't understand why rune harvesting needed to be changed at all. By all means add the potency runes to NPC vendors if you choose, but harvesting was fine imo.

Really the chance to get materials from deconstructing glyphs needs to be revised more than harvesting. I have been completing max level writs for 4 months now. The majority of the time my Enchanting container contains 3 empty soul gems (a slap in the face since I have to fill them and they have nothing to do with leveling my craft) and one green VR15 glyph. I can make better than the glyph I get so of course I deconstruct it. 90% of the time, my deconstruction results in "No items returned" as if my crafting level were far inferior to the glyph in question, which it is not by the way. So essentially, I pour runestones into three empty soul gems. Why should I do this? By comparison, even the worst return from an Alchemy, Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc. container still includes materials that can be of use in that craft.
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Oh dear god yes. I forgot about this.

OK, this is semi-off-topic, and I apologize for the rant, but it's also semi-related due to the same potential problem with Tas in the new enchanting nodes.

People leaving the picks in the thieves troves actually astounds me, since the people doing this either have no idea how the spawning of the troves supposedly works, or they are just monumental idiots. By leaving the lockpicks (something you could just as easily destroy later), you are preventing any more troves from spawning, since they are supposedly capped at a fixed number of spawns up at any given time (per zone). If you are going around trying to farm troves, you are hurting yourself as much as others by doing this.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that a forced "take all or take nothing" rule for spawned stuff like this needs to be implemented. Along with forced auto-loot for harvest nodes at least.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that a forced "take all or take nothing" rule for spawned stuff like this needs to be implemented. Along with forced auto-loot for harvest nodes at least.

I agree, it would seem to be the simplest solution. It's not difficult to go back to the bank/refuge fence occasionally to unload stuff so that you don't feel compelled to leave stuff in nodes/chests/troves. There's no good reason why other players should be made to suffer just because someone is unwilling to go back to town to deal with their full inventory.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 28, 2016 7:05PM

Options