Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your ongoing feedback on the enchanting changes.

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.

Thanks for listening!
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
    Options
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious - how many people in charge of making decisions like this actually play the game on a regular basis?

I doubt very few and, if they do, they probably use Dev commands for god mode and unlimited gold lol
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.

Well ***, that's nice to see. Thanks.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Dromede. Thank you for listening!
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome to see the Devs listen, cheers!
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for your feedback on the change to Potency runes. The adjustments to runestone harvestables were made to streamline the process of gathering the necessary materials to craft glyphs. These changes ensure that every single harvest can translate into a completed glyph, with the crafter having control over which level (and polarity) of glyph is created by way of purchasing the desired potency runestone from the vendor. This change, combined with the increased weapon glyph power and the ability to apply lower level glyphs to higher level pieces of equipment is to encourage additional participation with the enchanting system, which has been found to be significantly lower than other tradeskills.

That said, we understand there’s also some frustration over the price of these. We’re keeping an eye on feedback and metrics, and will adjust as needed.
    This is nonsense. It's full of false assumptions. Fixes to to things that weren't broken and breaking things that didn't need it. Positive side of these changes is that weapon glyphs are now significant. TG finally got enchanting right with reasonable droprates. Why did you break it immediately?

TL;DR: Put potencies back to nodes.

edit: oops, wrote before latest zos response. Thank you.
    Edited by helediron on April 27, 2016 10:09PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Many thanks to the ZOS team for listening. I look forward to testing that change, but it sounds as though that would alleviate many of our concerns. Thanks :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Theoretically, under the current system 1/3 of the nodes you find will be potency. (If the proportions are intentionally skewed one way or the other, someone let me know.) So if this new proposed system will produce generally the same overall amount of potency runes harvestable as we see now, with essentially bonus aspect and essence runes from each harvest, then that actually seems like a pretty good deal.

Just as long as you don't stealth nerf the actual number of harvestable potencies along the way, given that every node harvest is going to involve RNG for the potency.

But in general thanks for listening.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While a 'decent' concession, why mess with how it worked before? we dont even want that, we want things to stay as they are.

Thank you for listening, but the big thing is this.....

i dont understand the need to change it at all

why? i mean, if it takes to long to level up to 50 as some say, just lower the xp cost of the grind, or something, this just seems like far to much trouble to go through.

Its like.....instead of fixing something the simplest way, you decide to take the absolute hardest, most difficult way, wasting time and money on something that should have been simple. This is still going to cause a massive upheaval in the player economy, no matter the cost of the 'store bought' runes.

How about this, expiriment with ZERO changes to the gathering nodes. if it aint broke dont fix it, as some would say
    Options
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭

I would prefer that it be an equal chance at the 3 different types of runes, but this change sounds reasonable and I think it could work pretty well. Thank you for listening to all of our complaints and making this change. Overall this is the only issue I have had with the changes on PTS (I have allot more testing to do there, so I may find more thing I don't like still, but overall it's been the best yet). :)

* Would you (all the devs) consider making Ta worth 5 gold to a NPC vendor? This would help to make sure people would not leave them behind in the Runestone nodes because they are 99.9% worthless. Some Trolls will leave them behind anyway, but I think giving them this small value would eliminate most of the trolling and frustration caused by the selfish actions of other players. I don't think the extra gold in the economy would be enough to cause any negative effects either. ;)
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that is something at least. But why can you not just leave potency runes as they are now, and add them to the vendor also. That way crafters are happy, harvesters are happy and those who don't mind spending the gold are happy. Everyone is happy.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wohoooooooooooooooo!! You don't know how happy I am with you listening to our feedback. :):)
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »

Well that is something at least. But why can you not just leave potency runes as they are now, and add them to the vendor also. That way crafters are happy, harvesters are happy and those who don't mind spending the gold are happy. Everyone is happy.

Agreed, Leave the gathering nodes alone. if you want to put stuff in stores, whatever, but leave the nodes as they are, again this seems like the most complicated route to whatever issue caused this change
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Gina, this is better than nothing but won't it be far more logical to change the system to drop any two types of the three from a node?
    Edited by susmitds on April 28, 2016 2:16AM
    Options
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭

A positive direction, but as you dive into the loot tables, please ensure:
    1. writ survey nodes get 2 rolls/chances at potency runes during a harvest (the nodes are double output nodes after all)
    2. the chance to double harvest (CP/Plentiful Harvest) exists for both normal nodes and writ survey nodes
    This means that it will be possible for a writ survey node to grant 2 potency runes (1/3 chance each) and then to double again (Plentiful Harvest) for a total of 4 potency runes if the rolls come out right. Rare, but could happen.

Alternatively, just for writ survey nodes, have the nodes always grant a single potency rune (with Plentiful Harvest chance to double) along with the 2 each essence/aspect runes.

Finally, Plentiful Harvest should still apply to both the essence and aspect runes so there's still a chance at a bonus aspect rune that way. Smaller I'm sure, but a chance.

P.S. I completely agree with others that you should give Ta a vendor value.
    Edited by Altairien on April 27, 2016 10:34PM
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for listening! I can live with this. At least I have a chance of getting a potency.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What annoys me the most about this is that this was a crafting system already in place. Could it use some tweaks to make it better? Sure. But they dont intend on making this better. They intend on using this to squeeze some more purchases in the Crown Store out of people.

I have no issue with them adding things to the Crown Store and asking players to purchase it. I dont mind the mimic stones, as much as it annoys me that they keep the drop rates of the style material purposely low. But at least you have a chance of it falling into your lap through out your gameplay. What I dont like about this is that theyre taking a portion of the game thats pre-existing. Slicing off the huge part of it and putting it behind a Gold Sink. And they have the audacity to call it an improvement, a streamlining to help players. How is forcing players to pay gold to participate in the crafting system improving it? How is it streamlining it? I dont think you know what those words mean if you seriously use that to describe what this change is.

We know damn well that by removing the potency and placing it behind a pay wall that that pay wall will essentially become the only means to gain what we need. No ones going to cross their fingers and hope to find one in the wild. Just look at the drop rates of anything else in this game and you know damn well that any "we're going to improve the drop rate" talk from ZOS is bs.

I can tolerate bugs, I can tolerate odd glitches and even lag. Because theres a lot of unknowns and uncontrollable factors in keeping a multi-million code online game running. But its this sort of thing that truely crawls under my skin. Im all for cosmetic cool items being sold in the Crown Store. But if they add potency mimic runestones to the Store. And I'll be overwhelmed with surprise if they don't. Itll be the beginnings of moving this game towards pay to win.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening. About potency drops: TG finally got droprates right. Keep them same. Runes dropping all types is okay. Returning back to TG nodes would be fine too.

If ZOS decides to keep new rune nodes, they should implement all-or-nothing looting. Oherwise we get back half-looted nodes having just a Ta inside..

For the issue that enchanting is not popular, i suggest zos adds blue and purple glyphs to higher level loots. I've helped many players to reach 50. They usually advance by themselves to 30, but then start to struggle. I think better glyph loot at veteran levels would help solo players to reach 50.
    Edited by helediron on April 27, 2016 10:37PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ... the issue people seem to be taking isn't with the price of the runes. It's the fact that the potency runes are no longer able to be harvested from nodes out in the wild, so to speak.
    Few to none here seem to agree with this change. We'd like to be able to harvest potency runes as normal, in addition to being able to purchase them in stores, if you really must make that kind of change.

Personally speaking, and I've seen quite a few others say it too... Enchanting is one of the hardest and most tedious tradeskills to level.
    I don't think that has anything to do with having to collect runes, but rather the XP given when creating / deconstructing. Even deconstructing the highest tier enchantments made by others seems to give my level 46 enchanter pathetically little XP. Unlike armour and weapons that we're almost bombarded with from quests or drops, enchantments seem a little more scarce, thus contributing to the slow leveling.
    Even finding enchantments as drops is next to useless because they are always around my character level, which gives pitiful XP - less so than the higher tier runes.
    A friend and I burnt up all of our Jejotas helping each other level. We both hit level 50 in a couple days, an hour or so per day. So just saying, maybe the odd green (or blue, purple, gold) glyph drop could be helpful as far as leveling goes. But as far as the whole crafting part and requisition of materials goes, imho, should be left as is.

Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have higher quality glyphs be obtainable from other sources.
    1. Green glyphs have a high chance to be obtained from vet dungeon trash drops, vet dungeon bosses, and locked chests. Moderate chance from normal dungeon bosses. Low chance from normal dungeon trash drops and public dungeon bosses.
    2. Blue glyphs have a moderate chance to be obtained from vet dungeon trash drops and vet dungeon bosses. Low chance from normal dungeon bosses and locked chests.
    3. Purple glyphs have a low chance to be obtained from vet dungeon bosses and a very low chance from Locked chests.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on April 27, 2016 11:03PM
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Prepare yourselves, the TA runes are coming...
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Compulsory automatic looting of nodes needs to be implemented - I have a suggestion on making this possible even if the harvester has a bag with only one space free or no spaces free.

Make it so there's a temporary Overflow Bag, that works only to hold the last looted item should the looter have a full bag or not quite enough spaces for all the items to go into his bag. That way you guys can make all harvesting nodes automatically looted (no matter what the player has checked on looting options), so people no longer can half-loot a node taking the best items and leaving only worms or a Ta (as will happen with this new Enchanting node system).

The Overflow Bag will only hold the last items looted, and contents of this temporary bag will force itself into the player's bag soon as he makes room for the items by him deleting existing items, banking items, or selling other items. After that the bag is emptied, only being used in the next emergency situation. The player can never use the bag at will, items only come out and the player can never put items in.

If the player tries to loot another node with the Overflow Bag already full, then he finds he can't take anything from that node at all, until he's accepted the contents of the existing Overflow Bag. That way it also can't be used as limitless extra bag space.

This system could also work well for when a person tries to receive a quest reward but has a full bag at that moment.

Edited by babylon on April 27, 2016 11:51PM
    Options
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for your feedback on the change to Potency runes. The adjustments to runestone harvestables were made to streamline the process of gathering the necessary materials to craft glyphs. These changes ensure that every single harvest can translate into a completed glyph, with the crafter having control over which level (and polarity) of glyph is created by way of purchasing the desired potency runestone from the vendor. This change, combined with the increased weapon glyph power and the ability to apply lower level glyphs to higher level pieces of equipment is to encourage additional participation with the enchanting system, which has been found to be significantly lower than other tradeskills.

That said, we understand there’s also some frustration over the price of these. We’re keeping an eye on feedback and metrics, and will adjust as needed.

On the contrary, it may make me reconsider doing enchanting crafting writs altogether. As it is the only reason I do crafting writs is it's "free gold" - when I have to buy the materials to do writs it cuts into my margin and makes me less likely to do them.

If I have to buy potency runes I probably won't bother with enchanting writs and I'll just save/hoard my runes for crafting equipment.

I don't do potion writs because it's too complicated, and I only do enchanting writs when I have my notes easily accessible because I get the names confused. Maybe if the naming system made a bit more sense more people would do enchanting? I can never remember if "petty" is "base" or "Fine", or if "trifling" is higher than "petty".

If it's a problem for beginning players to find a specific material, the answer is to just put more of that item in the starting areas - and start new players in the staring areas (where there are tons of runes) instead of in the capital cities (where there are zero runes).

Edited by scorpiodog on April 27, 2016 11:39PM
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for listening ZOS. I agree that enchanting is a pain to level up and could do with some changes but I disagreed with forcing everyone to buy their potency runes. Hopefully the latter change will stick and I can continue farming for all of my runes and hoarding my gold.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say, if it goes from what it is now, to having the essence / aspect nodes contain a 1/3rd chance at a scaled-to-something potency rune... Then I think that would be fine. Making it also purchasable --> gravy.

As it stands now, I've been working on leveling my enchanting and have not been pumping the blue and purple potency runes through the process because it simply hasn't felt like they show up all that often. I've felt like I should hold on to them because of rarity, like people hold on to kuta and tempering alloy and such. If the blues and purples and *gasp* yellow runes show up more regularly then I'm not going to be hesitant about throwing them onto trait-set armor / weapons I make.

It is fundamentally this simple: If you want more of enchanting, you have to first make sure to ease any scarcity of the components involved.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    It's going to make leveling enchanting so much worse for those who haven't already maxed it too.

Enchanting is the most difficult crafting skill to level, but not impossible, and didn't need to cost anything. I have 8 characters on my primary account, and 7 of them are at enchanting level 50, the 8th is at level 46 or 47 or thereabouts. I didn't do this by buying glyphs, I didn't spend a single gold on it - I did it by collecting every rune I come across, and using all the stuff I didn't immediately need for gear to level characters in pairs, 1 character making glyphs and passing them to another character to decon, then that character making a load and passing them back to the first for decon. Probably took me about 5 hours and a good stock of collected (ie. cost me nothing in terms of gold) runes to get it done on most of my characters.

Now if anyone wants to do that, they'll have to buy potency runes for it, anyone who hasn't maxed enchanting by the time this goes live is basically stuffed unless they spend a huge amount of gold buying high level potency runes or glyphs to decon (and the price of crafted glyphs is going to go through the roof, no more buying cheap crafted ones for decon inspiration).

Two of my characters are Enchanting 50, and I did it believe it or not from breaking down dropped glyphs. The rest are in their 30's on that skill, which I suppose isn't that impressive considering the first 30 are the easiest to level. This does make me consider crafting glyphs in the method you have suggested though, simply to have it accomplished before it is too late. Then again I might not, and just sell the materials. I'm not sure.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    Why not just make them purchasable and make each node drop one potency as well as an essence and aspect?

I get the issue with farming potency runes is a bit of a pain due to zoning levels (which may be a reason for the node removal) so I will be buying them. Nonetheless, just plonk them in the nodes, too.

Why not make them purchasable in tv stones also for the same price or each monster drops different lvl runes based on different zones. After all potency runes are consider as some form of energy.
    Edited by Van_0S on April 28, 2016 12:04AM
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey, guys, i am confused.

Please some of you who are absolutely certain this was an evil plot to monetize potency stones into the store... please help explain to me where the black helos come in and turn this latest change back into that? How does Argentina fit into all this and the UFOs?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to interact with everything is what makes this game amazing.

Why destroy that?
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate that ZOS is listening to the feedback, I think the compromise solution still misses part of the problem: Fun!

Enchanting is my favorite craft. When I'm out in the wild, I always get a thrill from finding a rune. I love the little shine, sometimes out in the open and sometimes obscured--especially at dusk or night. When I see an Essence rune, my reaction is always, "Sure, I'll grab that." When I see a Potency Rune, I often think, "Awesome! I need those." And when I see that red glow, a tiny little adrenaline burst hits. "Maybe," I say to myself, "just maybe I'll get lucky." Ok, the huge majority end up being Tas, which are worthless, but that exciting moment of possibility is part of what I enjoy in the game.

By making one kind of node that drops all three runes, you remove that variety of possible emotions, that excitement of feeling like you're putting together a puzzle by finding the variety you need. I'm sure, in the new system, there'll be a thrill of "Maybe it'll be a potency!" but, frankly, we don't need a maybe on potencies. They need to be uncommon enough to be exciting but common enough to be able to do what we need to do. Meanwhile, you're removing the excitement of coming across Aspect runes and that almost scary moment of possibility. All runes will be essentially the same, it will be more dull, and the disappointment of looting a Ta will become more noticeable than the thrill of possibility.

Simply put, the change takes a source of joy out of the game.

People have already suggested a really good way to improve participation in Enchanting, and this has been suggested since before the inspiration boost way back in the day: Introduce green and better glyphs to the loot tables with corresponding inspiration gains. This wouldn't have to flood the market with Aspect runes. Greens and blues are only used for leveling characters. Purple and gold glyphs could be rare and extremely rare. Aspect extraction could remain where it is, which is slightly-uncommon. This might introduce a few more Rekutas and Kutas into the world, but not enough to hurt anything.

I would suggest a slight nudge upward in the chance to extract Potencies, though.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 28, 2016 12:29AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options