Greetings ESO Forum Posters

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel any Plans to redesign wall of elements to be more competative? Currently it is The Most laughable AOE dot in the game. In one of the live episodes you Answered my Same issue (the one I am ask asking again) and Replied with "it is in a good state right now if you stand in it you melt." That was a HUGE laughing Point in my eyes.

I would like to see this Either Decrease DRASTICALLY in cost to make up for the pitiful damage (in pvp it is Reduced by 50%) or have the skill redesigned to be an actual wall of ice like mobs have. Serious issue demands a serious answer . That response you gave me the first time really Showed Me you might have a disconnect with the skills in this game because you said people melt in it *insert sad face*. I have tested this So Many Times, and you can stand in woe in the crappiest of gear and take no damage barely.

Then you look at --other AOE in the game and you really see how pathetic WoE is. It was amazing in the early games, but people Cried Because purge broke the skill....... so instead of Addressing purge you guys butchered WoE...... i think it is time we get a decent skill to replace this AOE or buff the crap out of it.

Well you are reading this (if you are) I would also like to ask that you remove the super spell damage from dual wielding swords. You say it is because it puts them at a disadvantage, but really it doesnt. They already get access to two set items in those slots PLUS added spell damage. This really makes traditional casters look whimpy. If you are not using sword and shield or dual wielding, then using staffs is just holding you back.

Do you plan on addressing this issue(s). Or is this gonna get swept under the rug like it has been every time these two points get brought up since launch.
    Edited by OGLezard on November 22, 2015 1:20PM
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Tanks are in a very, very bad spot right now for PVE and PVP. I had to do some crazy CP allocation and stat padding to even get an acceptable amount of performance out of my tank so I could do something other than stand there and block. Is this even on someone's notepad? Is there a bright future for tanks or is it being relegated to being an alternate character?
    Edited by usmcjdking on November 21, 2015 8:26PM
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All ultimate a scale off highest stat

More stamina heal options not tied to a specific weapon and by extension one bar spot.

PVP skills and skillines disabled outside of Cyrodil and Undaunted and Fighters Guild skill lines disabled while in Cyrodil.
    - Undaunted passive a added to assault and support trees
    - Stamina based heal, large stamina and magics AOE snare, stamina and magi a movement buffs added to undaunted and fighters guild skill lines

* You have already structured the assault and support passive a to not work outside of PVP areas it's not a stretch for the skills meant for PVP, that you can only earn though PVP play, should only be useable while in PVP. Vigor and caltrops have become such a huge part of PVE play they serve as a competetive advantage in Dragon Star and Malesteom arena and leaderboards. I've advocated for quite awhile giving access to assault and supper in eve you reach Vetern Ranks or creating similar acting type skills in skill lines available to everyone that share global cooldowns. Hugely unpopular among PVP centric players but grounded in logic. It's also one of the reasons PVP goes from enjoyable pre-vet ranks to a complete pain the a** till your max level.
    Options
  • pilotfish
    pilotfish
    ✭✭✭
    Radiant Aura

This morph of Restoring Aura may need some help. Major recovery buffs from skills are too often irrelevant due to the recovery buff from potions. Instead, this skill may grant minor recovery buffs to magicka, stamina and health (just like when slotted but for everyone in the radius) as well as something else. Maybe minor mending or a 30% buff to resources restored with heavy attacks to all within its radius.

Repentance is in great shape. The change to allow either stamina or magicka to govern its potency was welcomed. I am happy to see a utility skill which checks stamina for potency unlike Circle of Protection and Bone Shield. Dark Deal used to check against stamina (despite costing magicka which was strange) which leads me to the next skill to consider.

Dark Exchange

The recent change to Dark Exchange and its morphs from channel to instant cast I will assume, warranted the removal of these skills scaling potencies.

Suggestions for consideration include a reversion to allow the skills to scale in potency from the resource it costs to cast as well as the removal of the health restore. Dark Conversion could check for potency against the magicka pool and restore stamina, allowing a magicka-powered Sorcerer to roll dodge and block a bit more. Dark Deal would check against stamina for potency and restore magicka, allowing a stamina-powered Sorcerer to cast from its wide array of magicka based utility a bit more. Unsure about what the differences between Dark Exchange and Dark Conversion would be.

Unstable Familiar

Unstable Familiar and its morphs might benefit from the same sort of treatment that ultimates, Repentance and even the Aedric Spear passive Burning Light have recently been touched with. These pets could check against the stamina pool for potency if it is greater than the magicka pool. I think these skills could still all cost magicka to cast. In light of the suggestion to change Dark Exchange, this would probably be reasonable.
    Edited by pilotfish on November 22, 2015 4:11PM
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Make path of shadow an aura, this will help with tanking as a nb and will mske the skill work well with sap
    Options
  • le.khang94ub17_ESO
    I'm quite okay with where Nightblades are at the moment, we have great burst, CC, and sustain that I'm not going to give us more of those and will only be touching useless skills.

Agony - It's been pointed out above plenty of times already, this skill is useless. The way this game is designed, you can't have a 30 seconds C.C without being either completely useless or OP depending on the direction you want the skill to go. This isn't WoW, we don't need a sap or polymorph.

Preface: Nightblades lack a unique group utility within their class skills compared to other classes (Templar's shards + repentance, DK's igneous shield + mountain blessing, and Sorc's exploitation). Another thing the entire game seems to be bad at is that DoTs are almost always inferior to direct damage, nobody ever uses DoTs as their main source of damage.

Suggested change: For 15 seconds, the target take 100% more damage from your damage over time effects. An ally can activate a Synergy to grant them Minor Force. Can only be put on one target at a time. Prolonged Suffering increase the Synergy duration. Malefic Wreath hits 3 additional nearby targets.

Leeching Strikes - Holy cow the things you lost from taking this morph over the other one is ridiculous. Not only does it restore a lot less resource, it also destroys your DPS.

Preface: Okay so our sustain is amazing with the other morph, so make this morph does something unique and worthy of being a toggle, while keeping to the flavor of the skill.

Suggested change: While toggled, your attacks does X less damage but heals a wounded ally for X*3 and 2 nearby ally for X*1.5.

So lets say you deal 10,000 damage, your damage will be reduced to 9,000 while a wounded ally gets healed for 3,000 and 2 nearby allies healed for 1,500 each. You lose out on a lot of DPS and sustain on taking the other morph but this will make Bloodmages healer competitive with Templar and Sap Tank competitive with DK. Also makes Stamina healer possible.

To be continued...
    Edited by le.khang94ub17_ESO on November 22, 2015 8:12PM
    PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
    Saltmaker
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with DKs in PvP is not the dots (even though that's one aspect that could be improved), but that especially magicka DKs don't have the survivability. DKs used to rely on permablocking and fast ultimate gain. The removal of both of those is why DKs are suffering now, because the class means they need to be able to tank people since they can't escape or get rid of the aggro at all.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    came back to the forums after a few days and see this amazing thread!

its nice to see the Z is worth clicking again!

hugs for everyone!

Options
  • Voltos
    Voltos
    ✭✭✭
    Top 10!! Some thoughts on basic class/skill design:

1) Soft-caps need to be reinstated. Champion points should be used to fill in the gaps for certain race/class combo's to allow for build diversity, instead of allowing 'super' min/max class/race combos to stack enormous stats. This would also allow you to adjust the Soft-cap for new content.

2) Every class should have a gap closer and execute, both with options for magicka or stamina based characters. Along with this, execute-based abilities from Weapon Skill Lines should be removed.

3) Every class should have both a ranged and melee-based attack and a reliable method of CC.

4) Every Weapon Skill Line should have a gap closer or escape, respectively, (i.e. 2H, DW and 1HS should have a gap closer. Bow, Destro/Resto should have an escape).

5) Weapon Skills should provide a choice for either dealing sustained dps or burst dmg, (i.e. A morph of Flurry that deals quicker, instant damage, but lower dps. Ideal for build diversity between PVE and PVP).

6) Racial Weapon and Armor skills need to provide a special bonus to your character as those abilities increase in Rank.

7) Fighters Guild abilities and passives need to be synergized. (i.e. Fighters Guild passives should be revised to provide the Major Savagery and Undead/Daedra detection benefit when any Fighters Build ability is slotted, and those effects should be removed from Expert Hunter).

8) Pets should always have an ability bar to control their actions/skills, and should be a permanent buff until you or they die, not a toggle. Only 1 pet can be active at a time, and Atro would not be considered a 'pet.'

9) Every current toggle ability should be a permanent buff once cast that expires on death.

10) Weapon Skills should have Ultimate's!

Hello, @Wrobel I hope this finds it's way to your desk. Thank you for this opportunity. I love ESO and look forward to its long-term success.

XD Cheers!
    Options
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played only 1 character and it is my Nightblade. Making him as a healer was and still is the best decision I ever made and enjoying him a lot. So I can only suggest regarding what I experience playing him from a healer point of view.

Refreshing Path
    Visual wise. It is impossible for other party members to see, this goes to all morph and non-morph. I had to recast it over and over again because the tank moves away from it, it is very easy to miss especially if the place is dark which is 90% of the dungeons are anyways. And also, 3 seconds buff remains after leaving away from Refreshing Path is too short, 5 seconds for me is better.
    Healing wise, it is decent enough for me since it is HoT and I can cast it on top of my other HoTs. What I wish to make this skill better and also make a Nightblade Healer on demand as Templar is, add synergy to it that restore stamina.
    Also, worth to mention that currently, this particular morph does not proc Siphoning Attack unlike Twisting Path.

Siphoning Attack
    A must have skill for me. It helps me in term of magicka sustainability in a long fight. Saved me a bit of potions and thus, gold. I do find that this skill duration is too short for me and proc rate is low and it is even more noticeable now with the recent patch, changes damage over time effect from 0.5 second to 1 second on certain abilities. What I wish is, longer buff and higher proc rate.

Soul Siphon
    This is the only ultimate I never use. I find this skill is lackluster. Healing burst is nice except it does not heal myself. If I were in a situation whereby I have to use this skill, I would die soon after while everyone else heal to max health. How to improve this, I would include heal to the caster as well as leaving 5 seconds duration of HoT with reduced amount instead of 3.5 seconds.
    Edited by aidenmoore on November 23, 2015 2:53PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
    Options
  • Aggelos
    Aggelos
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forums @Wrobel!

Here is the list of skills that I talked about on our latest Tales of Tamriel episode.

1. Radiant Oppression - It would be cool to have a stamina morph for this skill so that Bow using templars could have a viable ranged execute. Venom Injection rocks but it forces you to take that morph to have a ranged execute for bow templars.
    2. Biting Jabs - I hate the animation and the limited weaving capabilities with it. I would love for the animation to change because I hate the fact you lose sight of your weapon that you have equipped for the spear. I would rather just have a glowy light effect while swinging or something.
    3. Flawless Dawnbreaker - I know it isn't a class skill but this ultimate needs a rework. The flat weapon damage increase make this a necessity for stamina DPS. That is really contrary to your game and its build design when people are "forced" to put flawless dawnbreaker on their bars because that extra % weapon damage is too good to give up even when the rest of the ultimate is terrible.

Thank you!
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Magicka DK:

1) LET
    2) US
    3) COMPETE
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty for your work Eric. You have been doing a great job over the past year I've been playing.

I think this falls in your jurisdiction since I always hear you talking about gear sets - please make the monster shoulders bind on equip. I've done vet pledges almost every day since IC and have yet to get shoulder from any one of four sets that I would find acceptable, even with a subpar trait.

At least w the monster helm you can form a group to farm over and over again till your eyes bleed until u get what you need. At this point I dread turning in the gold keys.

Other than that I think folks agree DK needs a slight buff.

Ty again for ur work!
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    7) Change healing ward to instead of having 300% bonus ward strength on low health targets to 100%, but increase the heal granted when the ward expires by 250%. A healing ward Spammer cannot be executed, and this change will allow enemies to have a chance of executing the caster, but rewarding the caster with an even larger heal should the caster be able to protect the ward till it expires.

8) Change annulment to absorb only half of incoming magic damage instead of 100%, while retaining the current ward strength. Annulment is blatantly overpowered against magicka builds, and is the main reason physical damage is preferred in Cyrodiil due to not having to deal with the horror that is annulment. This change will allow the ward to last longer, and reduces it's effectiveness while not rendering it useless.

9) Turn Proximity Detonation into a high damage delayed DoT with a cast time like flaming oil, while keeping Inevitable Detonation as it currently is. Proximity Detonation is currently the best single target magicka based nuke there is. This ability should only be effective against groups, and not against single targets. Example: "Cast time: 1.5 seconds. After channel is over, inflicts all nearby enemies with a DoT, dealing 2a damage over 6 seconds. Ticks come in at every 2 seconds". "a" being the current damage of Proximity Detonation.

10) Remove the execute component of Steel Tornado, and increase the execution damage of Whirling Blades. Steel Tornado is a huge AoE execute with the highest range of any PBAoE in the game, along with it's low cost and high Base damage has resulted in players spamming this in any situation, from large group fights to 1v1 battles. Removing the execute component and buffing the execute component of the other morph will encourage more variety in morph choices, as well as balancing Steel Tornado.

@DeanTheCat

7) As a damage shield, Healing Ward is inferior to instant burst heals when dealing with executes. Spamming Healing Ward will only heal for the small instant heal and only if the enemy is not able to break the Healing Ward. Healing, even just out of execute range, by spamming Healing Ward, is very expensive in both time and magicka, compared to Rushed Ceremony. So I can't quite follow your reasoning for this change.

8) Annulment should be useful for and if possible, against any build imo, just like Evasion and Immovable. Currently it is not, because it scales with magicka and only absorbs magic damage. A skill from magic builds against magic builds so to say. And flat out "nerfing" it isn't going to change that.

9) That would make sense as a pulse. A DoT applied as debuff would just be purged, making it utterly useless against large groups.

10) No, Steel Tornado is fine on it's own, buff other AoE instead. Using Steel Tornado in 1v1 is stupid unless you use it to detect a NB. Increase the range of the base ability and Whirling Blades to 9m for example, that is what it's really lacking.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    7) Change healing ward to instead of having 300% bonus ward strength on low health targets to 100%, but increase the heal granted when the ward expires by 250%. A healing ward Spammer cannot be executed, and this change will allow enemies to have a chance of executing the caster, but rewarding the caster with an even larger heal should the caster be able to protect the ward till it expires.

8) Change annulment to absorb only half of incoming magic damage instead of 100%, while retaining the current ward strength. Annulment is blatantly overpowered against magicka builds, and is the main reason physical damage is preferred in Cyrodiil due to not having to deal with the horror that is annulment. This change will allow the ward to last longer, and reduces it's effectiveness while not rendering it useless.

9) Turn Proximity Detonation into a high damage delayed DoT with a cast time like flaming oil, while keeping Inevitable Detonation as it currently is. Proximity Detonation is currently the best single target magicka based nuke there is. This ability should only be effective against groups, and not against single targets. Example: "Cast time: 1.5 seconds. After channel is over, inflicts all nearby enemies with a DoT, dealing 2a damage over 6 seconds. Ticks come in at every 2 seconds". "a" being the current damage of Proximity Detonation.

10) Remove the execute component of Steel Tornado, and increase the execution damage of Whirling Blades. Steel Tornado is a huge AoE execute with the highest range of any PBAoE in the game, along with it's low cost and high Base damage has resulted in players spamming this in any situation, from large group fights to 1v1 battles. Removing the execute component and buffing the execute component of the other morph will encourage more variety in morph choices, as well as balancing Steel Tornado.

@DeanTheCat

7) As a damage shield, Healing Ward is inferior to instant burst heals when dealing with executes. Spamming Healing Ward will only heal for the small instant heal and only if the enemy is not able to break the Healing Ward. Healing, even just out of execute range, by spamming Healing Ward, is very expensive in both time and magicka, compared to Rushed Ceremony. So I can't quite follow your reasoning for this change.

8) Annulment should be useful for and if possible, against any build imo, just like Evasion and Immovable. Currently it is not, because it scales with magicka and only absorbs magic damage. A skill from magic builds against magic builds so to say. And flat out "nerfing" it isn't going to change that.

9) That would make sense as a pulse. A DoT applied as debuff would just be purged, making it utterly useless against large groups.

10) No, Steel Tornado is fine on it's own, buff other AoE instead. Using Steel Tornado in 1v1 is stupid unless you use it to detect a NB. Increase the range of the base ability and Whirling Blades to 9m for example, that is what it's really lacking.

@ToRelax

The problem with Healing Ward's current +300% at low health is that it's the exact same bonus granted by an execute. For example, let's use Impale vs Healing Ward as an example. (Images stolen from Deltia)

Assassins-Blade-Impale-I.jpg

Steadfast-Healing-Ward.jpg

As you can see, just on base tooltips alone, the 300% bonus from the execute is countered by the 300% bonus on healing ward, essentially nullifying the point of the execute. This is before factoring points into Bastion, which further increases the strength of the Healing Ward. As there is no comparable equal bonus in the CP tree (Bonus % damage to shields, Thaumaturge's bonus damage can be countered by equal investment in Hardy), this makes Healing Ward consistently pull ahead of the execute. The only execute that reliably stands a chance against Healing Ward is Executioner, simply by virtue that it is Physical Damage (Therefore Mighty Bonus cancels out Bastion) and the extra 15% damage to break past the anti-execute component. But this in itself is another issue, as players should not be forced into marrying a two hander just to properly execute a Healing Ward user. Contrary to popular belief, not every stamina player wants or likes to use a two hander.

Reverse-Slash-Executioner-I.jpg

Although Healing Ward is prohibitively expensive, with the current high regeneration, high cost reduction available through the CP system, running a Healing Ward spammer's Magicka dry will take a long time. This is not factoring in other external factors like Potions or assistance by allies on either side of the fight. With the current state of Cyrodiil being that you can't have a fight that lasts more than 10 seconds without getting someone else adding to the fight, at the moment, all the Healing Ward user has to do is to spam it and wait for reinforcements to assist them. The situation is further exacerbated in a group vs group scenario, as Healing Ward automatically targets the lowest health ally in range. This means that a group of HW users can simply spam the ability on each other, and render the group nearly immune to execution damage.

Regarding Annulment, I had a discussion with @Derra yesterday about it on the shieldbreaker thread. After a few posts, I offered this suggestion to him. What do you think about it?
    Hmm. Perhaps Annulment can be reworked to this?

Annulment
    Cast Mode: Toggle
    Surround yourself in a web of energy, dampening the blow of incoming attacks. 30% of incoming damage is dealt to the magicka pool instead of health. While toggled, Magicka Regeneration is halved.

Morphs:
    Harness Magicka:
    Additional Effect: While active, gain Major Sorcery. Major Sorcery persists for 1.5z seconds after being toggled off.

Dampen Magicka:
    Additional Effect: While active, spell costs are reduced by 1z% as well as gaining Minor Intellect.

Z is the number of light armor pieces you are currently wearing.

Basically, annulment becomes a light armor wearer's extra health. At the cost of Magicka, a light armor wearer can increase their effective health pool by 30% when needed. The morphs allow the ability to enhance the damage of spells cast or reduce the cost of spells while the ability is active, allowing the magicka pool to be literally what keeps a light armor user alive.

In regards to the proposed Proxi Det change, Purge is indeed a problem, but couldn't it be countered by having a few members running Inevitable Detonation? Basically, Inevitable Detonation is spammed on the group from range (While you are at it ZOS, buff the scaling of the damage of Inevitable Det with targets and lower the base damage), while a few tanky allies head into the middle of the group and spams the DoT Proxi. So the large group is forced with a choice. Purge the DoT and trigger the stacked Inevitable Detonations or eat the multiple DoTs and run the risk of dying to it.

zN5T96l.png
    (Picture credit to @Yolokin_Swagonborn)

In the case of Whirling Blades vs Steel Tornado, nobody takes Whirling Blades for a few reasons.
    1. The buff given by Whirling Blades is Major Endurance, which is also the buff granted by a Stamina Potion
    2. Whirling Blades has only 5m compared to Steel Tornado's 12.5m
    Even if you increase the range of Whirling Blades to 9m (Not to mention they would have to rework the animation for Whirling Blades), it still wouldn't compare to Steel Tornado due to the buff granted is the exact same buff granted by a simple potion. The only real way to differentiate the morphs is to change the execution component, by increasing it for Whirling Blades and removing or reducing it for Steel Tornado. This forces the choice of more damage vs more range, and thus encourages build diversity instead of Steel Tornado being always the superior morph. Kinda like Pulsar vs Elemental Ring, but in that situation, it's a health debuff or more damage.

Sorry for the Wall of Text :disappointed:
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

This post is going to be in regard to Templar. I think we have some skills that are weak as a whole, and we have some skills that have one strong morph and one weak morph. We need to improve the weak skills and the weak morphs.

Weak Skills: Healing Ritual, Eclipse, Piercing Javelin,

Weak Morphs: Explosive Charge, Vampire's Bane, Radiant Aura, Extended Ritual, Restoring Focus, Honor the Dead, Crescent Sweep

A few suggestions(These are just a few ideas that you can consider when coming up with the changes to Templar skills.):

Radiant Aura: This is probably one of the least competitive Templar Morphs when compared to the other morph(repentance.) We should try to make this morph more competitive with the other morph. Make this morph provide Minor Expedition(10% movement speed) to the player while it is slotted. Make it provide Major Expedition(40% movement speed) to the player only when the skill is used.

Crescent Sweep: Dawnbreaker of Smiting is arguably better than this skill in almost every situation. Against undead, it is a no-brainer. Make the range of this skill 10m like Dawnbreaker. Additionally, add 12-17 seconds of Major Force(+40% critical damage) or Major Berserk(+40% damage) to this skill.

Piercing Javelin: The name of this skill implies that it pierces. Lets add Major Breach(reduce spell resistance) to the Magicka morph and Major Fracture(reduce physical resistance) to the Stamina Morph.

Explosive Charge: Toppling charge is just so much better than the Explosive Charge Morph. Add an AoE or at short duration AoE Immobilize or at least a short duration AoE 50-60% Snare to this skill.

Healing Ritual(My Pet Peeve Templar skill): This is my least favorite Templar skill(bad experience with a healer insisting on using it while healing the Mantikora in Sanctum Ophidia.) Delete this skill and replace it. My idea is below, but really any idea works as long as you delete it and replace it with something else
    "Ritual of Balance"
    Base skill: Upon using the skill it gives you Major or Minor Mending.
    Morph 1(magicka): You deal X% of your healing back to targets around you as AoE damage in an 8 m radius. Scales with Magicka.(We have tons of healing based on damage in the game, so why not damage based on healing.)
    Morph 2(stamina):. You heal yourself and those near you by X% of the damage your output in an 8 m radius. Scales with Stamina.

Vampire's Bane: The reflective aura morph of this applies a 40% snare to 3 targets. Since Vampire's Bane applies only to a single target, increase the snare to 60-70% for the single target. For some reason, reflective light does more damage on the initial hit. Given that Vampire's Bane is single target, it should do much more single target damage than reflective light. Increase the damage of the initial hit by 20%.

Honor the Dead: Turn it into a Stamina Morph that only heals the caster and adds an additional heal over time. It should scale off of Stamina. Yeh I know some Magicka builds use this, but you'll be fine with Breath of Life.

Edited by timidobserver on November 24, 2015 4:17AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DeanTheCat

I understand your point about Healing Ward. After all, I mostly ran a pure magicka Sorc group during 2.0. But everything you say is to a similar or even larger extend also true for Rushed Ceremony. If the latter is not a problem...
    As a way deal with shieldstacking, it has been suggested a lot of times to completely rework both Healing Ward and Annulment, Healing Ward into an instant burst heal, although weaker than Rushed Ceremony. For the exact same reason I mentioned here - Rushed Ceremony can be spammed more effectively and works even better vs executes - plus ofc, shieldbreaker, I think it would just make the skill way more powerful, but I'd be the last to complain. :)

I like your idea regarding Annulment, it deals with several problems. It would make the ability useful for other builds than just light armor magicka builds, it would make it useful against all types of damage, and one morph (Dampen Magic) increases the percentage of absorbed damage, while the other one (Harness Magicka) improves the conversation rate, it would not be possible to regain magicka by using this skill against magicka builds.
    However, I don't like toggles because you need to keep them on all the bars you want to use them on. And for a skill like this, that will continue to drain your resources if you can't turn it off... well, it'd suck. So, I suggest making it a medium - long duration buff (20+ sec) that can not be refreshed while active. Instead, it can be turned off for 0 cost while active. I would also decrease the regeneration penalty on it to something like 20%, since it then already has an up front cost.

Do you currently see any zergballs spread out when a lot of people use Inevitable Detonation on them? No, the will continue purging and stack together because they still mitigate damage that way. If AoE caps were removed, and Magicka Detonation would scale unlimited with the number of targets hit, then that might accomplish something (though I am not sure about that). I think reworking Proximity Detonation into a pulsing damage skill would be elegant solution. It also doesn't need a casttime, imo, it would work as a blancing mechanic, continuously dealing more damage for those outnumbered. It would have to scale more drastically than it currently does thouh, and of course, unlimited, to still have an effect. Otherwise the loss of need to time it properly and less damage spikes would again favour the large groups.

I just realized I haven't even looked at the Whirling Blades morph since 1.6, so I didn't know it just applies a regular buff. :sunglasses:
    Everyone is telling me spamming Steel Tornado drains their stamina, so I thought, it may not be so bad just going with what ZOS seemed to intend with the morphs and have one for range, one for sustain. Ofc a buff like that is pretty useless most of the time, it should return stamina for the first 6 targets hit or something.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I appreciate your effort, @DeanTheCat , I feel like your suggestion would make annulment a worse version of evasion. It would absorb 10% additional damage, but the continuous cost as well as the toggle function makes it extremely expensive.

Assuming you take about 75% (resistances) of the TT damage, it would reduce the magicka by about 2k/attacking player/second, if crits are included. Adding the magicka regeneration reduction, it would basically drain any player within a matter of seconds.

In the contrary, evasion grants 20% damage reduction for 17s at a one-time cost of ~3k stamina. Although evasion is less reliable it would still be far more cost efficient.

Nevertheless, I do like the flat damage reduction but I would reduce the cost significantly. Something like:

Drains 10% of the absorbed damage from your magicka pool.

Regarding the morphs: I like the dampen one but I think, for harness many would prefer a more reliable and cheaper source of major sorcery.
    EDIT: nvm this suggestion, I just realized how op it would be. I'll try to come up with a better one.
    Edited by Sublime on November 24, 2015 4:02PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party I see.

Here are the three skills that I find most useless (mind you, there was quite a selection to choose from).

Wall of Elements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJJb863umd4

Literally everything about this skill is terrible and noncompetitive. If you want to fix it:
    • It's an AoE, but has next to zero "area" coverage.
    • Damage needs to be higher than health regeneration
    • Outrageously expensive for DoTs which are supposed to be cheap
    • Terrible weapon that lowers your spelldamage by like 700 and has useless passives
    • Can't even get elemental effects such as burning any more because of that nerf

DragonKnight Standard

Used to be my favorite ultimate in the game. Let's recount the death of a fallen champion
    • Nerfed ultimate gain
    • Made 25% more expensive
    • Really, really, really bad decision to reduce synergy radius (and failing to give important ones priority) which means activating its synergy, crucial for it to work, is unnecessarily difficult.
    • The whiners who complained about this skill are long gone and moved onto another game. Everyone who is left wastes your 250 ultimate by simply walking out.
    • No, you can't chain them in because chains gives CC immunity and there is nothing you can do to stop me from walking out a second time.
    • It doesn't even do that much damage. DoTs are noncompetitive damage wise in this meta and proc opponent beneficial CP passives (such as the one that heals).

Healing Ritual

There were a lot of templar skills lined up for the title of most useless including Radiant Aura, Eclipse, Sun Shield, and Sun Fire, but Healing Ritual is so bad and redundant that it deserves special mention.
    • A delayed heal? What a ... totally counterproductive concept.
    • A delayed heal that ... makes you immobile. Huh? What if the guy I want to heal is taking damage and moving away from what's damaging him? Not only does he have to wait for my heal but might easily move out of range before spell goes off. What if we all need to move?
    • Very short area. I know some of the best ball-groups in PvP who do not stack tight enough to all fit inside the small healing radius offered by this spell.
    • Is Interruptible!!!!
    • Is centered on me. May not seem like a disadvantage, but when you think of all the other "good" heals healers use (all 3 of them: breath of life, repentance, healing springs), none of them have a "be next to me" limitation.
    • Look at what this skill does and look at what healing spring does. Healing springs can: be cast on the move, provides immediate healing, can be targeted in a spot you are not standing, cannot be interrupted, is more mana efficient, and better in literally every way. The only debatable disadvantage with healing springs is that it cannot be cast with two swords and you thus lose 700 spell damage, but that is the fault of a highly dubious design made and maintained by people who have a subjective hatred to staffs, not the fault of the actual spell.

This skill needs to be totally redesigned because everything about it is just bad.

What personally would do is to have it do what the Rite of Passage does (obviously scale it down since it isn't an ultimate) as the ultimate quite frankly isn't very good, but its mechanics address many of the problems in the spell (huge range, caster can't be interrupted, immediate healing). Note the awful new "spitting" animation needs to go and the old one reverted. In a game with otherwise very strong art and aesthetics, the new Rite of Passage animation sticks out like a sore thumb ... especially as the old one was very good.

This, of course, means you need to redesign Rite of Passage, but that is ok since something had to be redesigned and this "ultimate" that limits healing to 6 players (and doesn't even provide that much healing for an ultimate) makes it a non-starter in serious raids (which use barrier and healing springs spam, a much better combination). In fact, that is probably how I;d redsign the ultimate, make it give out damage shields and "vigor" type effect that provides a Heal Over Time and thus give healers who don't PvP and option to replace what has proven to be an effective raid combination.
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rework Dk Class abilities please to make Stamina Dk have a unique feel to them. As it stands, with a stamina Dk, really, the only class skills people use is for defense (Reflect scale, Igneous shield) and thats really about it. Stamina Dk's do not have a Stamina Class Skill that does good offensive damage besides Molten Armaments, a buff (which is really trashy and only good with animation cancelling) . It really cuts out on the build diversity that stamina Dk should have. IMO, a stamina DK is just a gimped version of a nightblade without the fear, burst damage, and stealth. The only way to be really effective with a stamina Dk is to stealth up, and try to burst damage with weapon skills, but we have no mobility or a way to get out of trouble. Nightblades will always do more damage than a stamina DK can because of this. So why are we forced to play as a gimped nightblade when what we want is to play a DK that has DK class skills that are just as good as other classes class skills and makes us stand out as a Bad Ass Stamina DK......

Wrecking Blow/steel tornado is not the answer and are weapon skills that any class can use. Its hard to tell who is what class when everyone is spamming the same weapon skills.

Dk Class abilities need a rework. As it stands now, A stamina Dk uses 2 DK class abilities on both bars combined. The rest are weapon abilities or Fighters guild.

Stamina Dks are forced to run Vigor, Shuffle, Igneous shield, and Evil hunter just to be able to survive and do OK medium dps. This is what gimps us because we dont have any Specialty Stamina class skills for playing DPS Stamina DK. DK's are really not designed to be played like this, and its clear that DK is supposed to be either a STAMINA TANK or a MAGIC user. Stamina tanks have already been destroyed by the stamina regeneration nerf. Magic DK is also been wrecked due to large amounts of Nerfs to class abilities.

I say its time that the whole DK class skill tree got reworked. Id be happy with just making Alliance War Rank Account Wide so i can go play my other characters while the DK gets fixed. When i look at the class skills of my Sorc and Nightblade, i get upset that the skills are so much better than my DK class skills. But I invested so much time in my DK that he has all my Alliance Rank, So if the DK wont be fixed, Please just make Alliance War Rank Account wide so i can go play my other classes without worrying about loosing progression and getting those skill points for promotions and unlocking my alliance war skill passives. Thanks.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun Shield and morphs are ineffective and, worse, no fun to use. Random ideas for fodder:

- Make the Radiant Ward morph stun enemies in hiding/cloak within X radius at cast, but it does not damage or bring them out of hiding. This addresses multiple issues that are often brought up on the forums without nerfing any particular skill or class (Templars are the weakest PvP class and Nightblades are the strongest/Templars lost their beloved AOE CC/Cloak is overpowered/Sun Shield was nerfed into obsolescence, etc). And it would make for a fun cat and mouse game like pinging for submarines; Nightblades could still sneak attack a Templar but it'd be hard for them to get away if things don't go their way.
    - Make the Blazing Shield morph return significantly more physical damage than magic damage. Maybe even mildly punish a Templar when it returns magic damage by draining some of their magika, but ensure that it is very effective against physical damage. This would make it situationally useful but not just a dependable spam button. I'm a big proponent of working towards balance by creating opportunities for counters rather than continuously tweaking the strengths of various skills. Maybe a Stamina Nightblade identifies that a Templar is leaning on this skill, so they switch to a tactic of generating ultimate to drop Soul Assault and then the Templar has to adapt or he finds himself dying quickly and completely out of Magika.

Along those same lines, I feel like the Shield Breaker set approaches the right idea of how to handle shield stacking, but it shouldn't dictate the majority of a character's gear just to have that counter and there shouldn't be a need for all shields to be halved in PvP. Since Magika Dragonknights are the next weakest class in PvP, maybe one of their less useful skills should be replaced with something that counters shields, maybe a Shield Steal skill with some creative morphs. Every good skill in the game doesn't need to be made average, there just needs to be fairly frequent situations where leaning on a good skill gets you killed.

Last skill I'll mention: there's obviously quite a clamour to fix the issues with the Templar gap-closer... Aside from its bugs I feel that Toppling Charge is also a somewhat redundant skill, with very similar options being available to any class. I would love to see it do a shorter stun and very little damage but then continue on zig zagging to other nearby enemies. You could have it max out at 3 and gain or lose power with each subsequent zig, and that'd be decent and unique (I think?), but if you really want to mitigate zerging have it just keep going as long as there's a unique enemy within a short distance of the previous one. That'd get people to spread out real fast.
    Edited by Neoauspex on November 24, 2015 6:24PM
    Options
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    My top 3 class skill changes would add more options to a stamina build.

1. Templar Focused Charge needs a stamina morph.
    2. Dragonknight Lava Whip needs a stamina morph.
    3. Sorcerer Clannfear should scale with stamina (but still cost magicka).
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone from the combat team is still reading newer comments in this thread, I'm leaving this link. Thanks.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time is now:
    AoE Caps Discussion
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wrobel I hope your still accepting suggestions. I would like to suggest the following:

1. Ball of Lighting - I will agree that 6.5 seconds of the ball duration at rank 4 was a bit too much, but 2.5 secs at rank 4 is a bit too little. I think adding 0.5 seconds to the ball's duration making it 3 secs at rank IV would be perfect for the skill, it wouldn't last forever, if you cast again during that time frame its up you still get the cost increase. Ball of Lighting was the only counter to cast any skill with a cast time against Crushing Shock spammers.

This is primarily what i used it for, I am not calling for a nerf to Crushing Shock, but it is still IMO the best PVP skill in the game when you take into account what it does for its cost...Hits the enemy 3 times, for 3 elemental damages and interupts anything with a cast time for a very very cheap cost...Ball of Lighting is the only thing a Sorc has to use any of their skills that have a cast time that can be interrupted against these folks. 3 secs would make Ball of Lightning perfect not OP and no need to mess with it again. Ball of lighting doesn't even do any damage like th Streak morph does, a 3 second Ball duration at rank iv would give me time to port once and cast 1 skill that has a 1 sec cast time and then the ball is gone, if i port again im penalized, I think this would be fair.

2. Eclipse - This skill was changed, and im not sure the reasoning behind it. Eclipse is more of a utility skill then a DPS skill, and you used to be able to Eclipse more then one target at a time. Neither morph does the kind of damage as say Daedric Curse does, and breaking out of it makes you immune to it for CC immunity duration. This skill needs to go back to allowing the Templar to Eclipse multiple targets, even if that means slightly reducing the damage. This is a core support skill that Templar's used to help their groups against ranged attackers. Since the Templar is the only class without an AOE CC ability, allowing Eclipse to be cast on more then target like it used to be balances things out for the Templar.

3.Negate Ultimate - I will concede that pre 1.6 Negate was a little too good,healing everyone inside the bubble, etc, but right now its hardly worth slotting. The Negate Ultimate needs to be given back its stun on players. It also needs to dispel enemy effects such as Barrier, Proxy Det, Hardened Ward, etc. Right now Negate does not prevent a stamina user from using any stamina based skill including vigor. So this change is not going to make Negate a blanket must have skill, as the game has changed a good bit since last year and builds are far more diversified and not all players are running magic specs anymore. For how much Negate costs, and what it currently offers right now (increased Regen or slight damage reduction) it needs its stun back in order for it to be a competitive ultimate against the likes of Meteor, Dawnbreaker, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my suggestions
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So.... does that mean that class balancing is finally in the works just like how they were "in the works" for IC and Orsinium?
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So.... does that mean that class balancing is finally in the works just like how they were "in the works" for IC and Orsinium?

They'll buff some skills, but won't solve the problem of efficiency of skills because they scale like utter garbage thanks to the ridiculous returns on Weapon/Spell Damage and max stats.
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    All ultimate a scale off highest stat

More stamina heal options not tied to a specific weapon and by extension one bar spot.

PVP skills and skillines disabled outside of Cyrodil and Undaunted and Fighters Guild skill lines disabled while in Cyrodil.
    - Undaunted passive a added to assault and support trees
    - Stamina based heal, large stamina and magics AOE snare, stamina and magi a movement buffs added to undaunted and fighters guild skill lines

* You have already structured the assault and support passive a to not work outside of PVP areas it's not a stretch for the skills meant for PVP, that you can only earn though PVP play, should only be useable while in PVP. Vigor and caltrops have become such a huge part of PVE play they serve as a competetive advantage in Dragon Star and Malesteom arena and leaderboards. I've advocated for quite awhile giving access to assault and supper in eve you reach Vetern Ranks or creating similar acting type skills in skill lines available to everyone that share global cooldowns. Hugely unpopular among PVP centric players but grounded in logic. It's also one of the reasons PVP goes from enjoyable pre-vet ranks to a complete pain the a** till your max level.

this rises 2 questions to you.
    why not mages guild? Let me guess magicka vamp?
    and why make most of the skills of the fighters guild useless cause they are only really good in pvp
    Edited by Artjuh90 on November 25, 2015 6:36AM
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we stick with the class skills please that is what wrobel is trying to balance. other subjects wont be adressed by wrobel atm and will only take away his time to fix the class imbalance. so let's not start about AOE caps and other things and weapons skills aren't adressed just yet aswell. when the time comes im sure we will hear about tht
    Options