Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greetings ESO Forum Posters

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I´ve been working on my DK these days, trying some skills and I got some ideas that could be useful:

1- Mentioned above, the increase dmg from Ardent Flame abilities should go to Inferno instead of Molten Whip, and one of the morphs of the whips should be stamina based (Molten ideally)

2- Inhale life steal shouldn't be capped at 3 enemies. Drain Power is not capped, gives major buffs and one of the morphs heals. IMHO, the Major buffs and the heal outclass the magicka return and the interrupt. I'll gladly change the magicka return for stamina return in one of his morphs adding some spell/physical resist or even a shield. It is kind of sad see any DK being squishier than a sorc

3- Molten weapons. It is amazing how the 3, very defined lines of the DK (DPS for ardent flame, tanking for draconic power and suport for earthen earth) have changend so much. But it is Ok, it is not my game. Nevertheless looking again to Molten Weapons is a really squishy skill for being a buff. The 40% extra dmg fr heavy attacks is OK (especially if you stack it with empower or a major buff). The execute is quite OK (although a heavy fully charged attack is more announced that Episode VII), but if we compare the skill, against to what I think is its equivalent in the NB tree, it pales. Each Grim Focus morph do much more than MW morphs and with less conditions: minor berserk for 20 seconds, a really really good high dmg skill at 0 costs after 4 basic attacks, a Minor endurance in one of its morphs and a snare in the other. Not to mention than if one of those 4 attacks and/or the AW attack is a crit, the NBs allies will receive a Minor Savagery buff through the Hemorrage passive. So a skill that was intended for support, now is pure dps (under certain conditions), while a rework of a skill from the DPS class now has the chance to give support.
    What I think MW shoud do is to give a Major buff. Major Sorcery in one of the morphs and Major Brutality in the other. That's all.
    Edited by Xvorg on November 27, 2015 3:15PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    Velocious Curse : There's a bug with this skill where it often won't fire if you switch weapons before the timer expires, especially if you start using skills from the other weapon's skill bar.

Negate Magic (and it's morphs) : This is the only class Ultimate I can think of that is undesirable during most boss fights since almost anything above a normal mob is immune to its effects. Perhaps it could do damage over time on immune enemies.

Destruction Staff needs a serious re-evaluation, especially with its Spell Damage compared to using DW or 2H. I shouldn't prefer a melee weapon over a staff when playing a ranged magicka class.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I´ve been working on my DK these days, trying some skills and I got some ideas that could be useful:

1- Mentioned above, the increase dmg from Ardent Flame abilities should go to Inferno instead of Molten Whip, and one of the morphs of the whips should be stamina based (Molten ideally)

2- Inhale life steal shouldn't be capped at 3 enemies. Drain Power is not capped, gives major buffs and one of the morphs heals. IMHO, the Major buffs and the heal outclass the magicka return and the interrupt. I'll gladly change the magicka return for stamina return in one of his morphs adding some spell/physical resist or even a shield. It is kind of sad see any DK being squishier than a sorc

3- Molten weapons. It is amazing how the 3, very defined lines of the DK (DPS for ardent flame, tanking for draconic power and suport for earthen earth) have changend so much. But it is Ok, it is not my game. Nevertheless looking again to Molten Weapons is a really squishy skill for being a buff. The 40% extra dmg fr heavy attacks is OK (especially if you stack it with empower or a major buff). The execute is quite OK (although a heavy fully charged attack is more announced that Episode VII), but if we compare the skill, against to what I think is its equivalent in the NB tree, it pales. Each Grim Focus morph do much more than MW morphs and with less conditions: minor berserk for 20 seconds, a really really good high dmg skill at 0 costs after 4 basic attacks, a Minor endurance in one of its morphs and a snare in the other. Not to mention than if one of those 4 attacks and/or the AW attack is a crit, the NBs allies will receive a Minor Savagery buff through the Hemorrage passive. So a skill that was intended for support, now is pure dps (under certain conditions), while a rework of a skill from the DPS class now has the chance to give support.
    What I think MW shoud do is to give a Major buff. Major Sorcery in one of the morphs and Major Brutality in the other. That's all.

I actually really like the idea of making MW morphs give either Major Sorc or Major Brut, however I still think they need to change the scaling or not require a fully charged heavy attack.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Could you give spectral explosion priority in maelstrom? As in, if you're near a sigil - dont let the sigil pop over it when you're trying to get spectral off.

Nullifying all the sigil synergies while you have spectral explosion active would be nice too. I think all players would agree that there's no point in using a sigil if you have spectral explosion up.
    PC/NA/AD
    Queen Ella - Mag DK - Tank/Healer/DPS
    Dunmer DK Cant Even - Stam DK - DPS/Tank
    Im bad at healing - Mag Templar - DPS/Healer
    Tangy Citrus - NB - Mistake
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, not class related, but I lack the patience to wait for a specific thread to discuss it. The following is my post from Heavy armor needs buffed already., if you want to read the entire thread.

With all the damage, armor penetration and critical hits in PvP, Heavy Armor's defenses are almost completely bypassed. Buffing Resolve tremendously (100% or more) or adding/altering a passive to grant Heavy Armor flat, unbypassable damage reduction should help. Some of the suggestions above would help too, such as Stamina recovery while blocking or increasing Resistance based upon Max Health (also finally giving a reason to invest in Health). In terms of resource management, picking the right sets and making use of Heavy Attacks are key to getting decent management with Heavy Armor. Resources are rarely an issue when handled correctly as a Templar. For other classes (such as Dragonknight) resources management is still a bit of a problem with Heavy Armor. Without the reliance on Heavy Attacks, Heavy Armor runs out of resources very quickly. A small buff to Constitution, reducing the cooldown from 4 to 3 seconds and/or increasing the amount per piece, will be enough. The intended tradeoff of Heavy Armor is good armor for bad management.

Damage output of Heavy Armor is also falling behind but this is not due to a lack of passives but rather an old change to Medium Armor that was made in a time of soft-caps to get Stamina DPS on par with Magicka DPS. Without soft-caps to hinder the passive's power, it has put Medium Armor a league ahead of all other armor types for damage output. I am speaking of Agility. From 12% attack speed to 12% Weapon Damage, this passive puts Medium Armor over the power curve. Where armor type used to determine resource management and, well, armor, the change to Agility added DPS to that list. Like some threads complain about Flawless Dawnbreaker being an unwanted but necessary ultimate due to its +7% Weapon Damage passive, Medium Armor has become necessary for any Stamina based DPS. It is simply and plainly better to wear Medium Armor over Heavy Armor in all cases regarding damage.

Look at Magicka DPS: there is a mix of Light and Heavy Armor in use because Light Armor offers Spell Critical, Spell Penetration and Magicka management over Heavy Armor. As mentioned above, these gaps can be crossed with the right sets and abilities in use. On the reverse, Light Armor cannot offer as much armor as Heavy, so Magicka DPS like to wear a couple pieces, sometimes a full suit. Regardless of which armor type a Magicka DPS uses, Max Magicka and Spell Damage are the same. This is not the case for Stamina DPS. Lowering Agility's benefit from 12% to 6% is a good start, but replacing Agility's effect with another useful effect is best for armor balancing. Armor penetration (while exacerbating Heavy Armor's problem with being armor) is a possible substitute - a flat, level based value or a percentage. A more unorthodox benefit would be better, such as extending the evasion window of roll dodge, like the Crusader set
    helmet_of_the_crusader.jpg
    or adding Minor Evasion (5% dodge chance) when blocking.
    Readdressing Medium Armor is also a time to readdress the nerfed passives of Light Armor. In the time of soft-caps, Light Armor was generally best, so it was nerfed in addition to the other types being buffed. It has leveled the playing field between types (barring Agility), but some of the nuanced nerfs are no longer necessary, such as requiring a full set for two passives as opposed to one passive for the other types. But Light Armor can wait for a second post on armor balance, since there is already plenty here to read.

I do think it is time to buff Heavy Armor. A full set of Legendary Reinforced Heavy Armor should put the player at the hard cap, no buff needed.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Argonian racial passives. They need either 6% max magicka or max stamina in addition to the 6% max health. Max stats are what matter in a soft cap free game design. Right now they have the most marginally useful passives. For instance, races with max magicka not only have more magicka but also more powerful spells. Therefore, races with max magicka can heal better because their spells are stronger. The Argonian racial passives are a travesty. They look like they could be useful, but they're far inferior to other racials that have much more utility.

Look around at builds. Nobody recommends Argonians for anything. That should trouble you guys, but it doesn't. Time and again, Argonian players have been ignored. Swim speed? Marginally useful. A racial linked to a consumable? Tripots are powerful enough. Not only that, but no other racial costs so much to maintain. It's ridiculous. Healing received? Again, marginally useful. Racials that give max stat bonuses increase healing done and healing received. You see, the Argonian passives are smoke and mirrors, like someone took a dump in a box and dressed it up with wrapping paper and a bow. Fact is it's still crap.

Please stop ignoring us. We're tired of feeling like we're handicapped playing as Argonians. You changed the game by removing soft caps then you ninja nerfed the Argonian Nightblade synergy. You didn't even have the decency to put it in the patch notes. You all acted like it never existed and left us with inferiority that continues to this day. You've changed the Nords, Khajiit, Bosmer, and Orc passives to make them more useful, but, for some reason, you've kept the Argonian passives as is. Adding a couple percentage points doesn't make them better. They're still hindered by how limiting they are. How come you guys won't acknowledge what the entire player base knows: Argonians got the shaft.

Argonians have traditionally been portrayed as sneak thieves, worshippers of Sithis. Why not make them the best magicka-based assassins? There are so many stamina-based races, but only 3 magicka races. The factions are imbalanced. The only two stealth races are in the same faction. Two "tanky" races and the 3rd best magicka race are in the Ebonheart Pact. DC is the only faction that looks somewhat balanced. 4% damage increase to Orcs and you leave Argonians as is? Orcs have 6% boost to stamina and health, 4% damage increase, increased speed, increased regen? Are you guys absolutely batcrap crazy? It makes me think that you don't know how your own game works. Max stamina and magicka not only give more uses to abilities it also makes them stronger by how damage is calculated in this game.

Please stop ignoring Argonians players. We're not just whining for no reason. We have a legitimate gripe and we'd like you to acknowledge it and actually do something substantive to fix our racial passives. You've done it for every other race. Now do it for us. Please.

Thank you.
    Edited by Junkogen on November 29, 2015 12:17AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    1. Argonian racial passives. They need either 6% max magicka or max stamina in addition to the 6% max health. Max stats are what matter in a soft cap free game design. Right now they have the most marginally useful passives. For instance, races with max magicka not only have more magicka but also more powerful spells. Therefore, races with max magicka can heal better because their spells are stronger. The Argonian racial passives are essentially a farce. They look like they could be useful, but they're far inferior to other racials that have much more utility.

Look around at builds. Nobody recommends Argonians for anything. That should trouble you guys, but it doesn't. Time and again, Argonian players have been ignored. Swim speed? Marginally useful. A racial linked to a consumable? Tripots are powerful enough. Not only that, but no other racial costs so much to maintain. It's ridiculous. Healing received? Again, marginally useful. Racials that give max stat bonuses increase healing done and healing received. You see, the Argonian passives are smoke and mirrors, like someone took a dump in a box and dressed it up with wrapping paper and a bow. Fact is it's still crap.

Please stop ignoring us. We're tired of feeling like we're handicapped playing as Argonians. You changed the game by removing soft caps then you ninja nerfed the Argonian Nightblade synergy. You didn't even have the decency to put it in the patch notes. You all acted like it never existed and left us with inferiority that continues to this day. You've changed the Nords, Khajiit, Bosmer, and Orc passives to make them more useful, but, for some reason, you've kept the Argonian passives as is. Adding a couple percentage points doesn't make them better. They're still hindered by how limiting they are. How come you guys won't acknowledge what the entire player base knows: Argonians got the shaft.

Argonians have traditionally been portrayed as sneak thieves, worshippers of Sithis. Why not make them the best magicka-based assassins? There are so many stamina-based races, but only 3 magicka races. The factions are imbalanced. The only two stealth races are in the same faction. Two "tanky" races and the 3rd best magicka race are in the Ebonheart Pact. DC is the only faction that looks somewhat balanced. 4% damage increase to Orcs and you leave Argonians as is? Orcs have 6% boost to stamina and health, 4% damage increase, increased speed, increased regen? Are you guys absolutely batcrap crazy? It makes me think that you don't know how your own game works. Max stamina and magicka not only give more uses to abilities it also makes them stronger by how damage is calculated in this game.

Please stop ignoring Argonians players. We're not just whining for no reason. We have a legitimate gripe and we'd like you to acknowledge it and actually do something substantive to fix our racial passives. You've done it for every other race. Now do it for us. Please.

Thank you.

Answer is quite simple, as an Argonian fan, each time I go to Cyro I see more cats fighting for the Pact than lizards... Ok, in the pact we lack a strong stamina race (being the Dunmer the best in this regard within the EP, but not a great stamina race), so cats are a good option for those who can. Question is, have you ever seen an Argonian Fighting for AD or DC?

That signal by itself points how lizards are treated here

Some lore about Saxhleel

1- Guerrilla Fighters (sneaky sneaky, if you live in a marsh, hou have to be sneaky)
    2- Shamanistic approach (Magicka, magicka)

None of them is covered by the game in terms of passives.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix DKs, that is all. Our shields are awful, our heals are awful, our stam morphs are awful, our spike armor is pretty awful, so forth and so on.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Argonian racial passives. They need either 6% max magicka or max stamina in addition to the 6% max health. Max stats are what matter in a soft cap free game design. Right now they have the most marginally useful passives. For instance, races with max magicka not only have more magicka but also more powerful spells. Therefore, races with max magicka can heal better because their spells are stronger. The Argonian racial passives are essentially a farce. They look like they could be useful, but they're far inferior to other racials that have much more utility.

Thank you.

Answer is quite simple, as an Argonian fan, each time I go to Cyro I see more cats fighting for the Pact than lizards... Ok, in the pact we lack a strong stamina race (being the Dunmer the best in this regard within the EP, but not a great stamina race), so cats are a good option for those who can. Question is, have you ever seen an Argonian Fighting for AD or DC?

Some lore about Saxhleel

1- Guerrilla Fighters (sneaky sneaky, if you live in a marsh, hou have to be sneaky)

Yep. I know 2 Argonian healers playing on AD. B)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    Execute for DK
    Speed Buff for and Templar (ability)
    Lava Whip needs to be self heal, not on immobilized enemies only, similar to puncturing sweeps.

Major Spell Power Buff for DK and Templar similar to Sorc

NB are fine for me

Thanks for the improvements so far, been playing since beta

Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Fix DKs, that is all. Our shields are awful, our heals are awful, our stam morphs are awful, our spike armor is pretty awful, so forth and so on.

I've been thinking, after running my dk tank for a while, if spike armor's damage return scaled off of their health pool it could be an interesting way for them to passively deal damage.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't read whole thread.

1. I'd like to see the templar ability sun shield, or at least one of the morfs scale off of magica instead of health.
    2. Possible solution to stanima regin; create a 4th resource that works independent of the stanima resource, but is based on it. So running, dodge rolling and blocking wouldn't take from stanima skill resources. (I play magics builds, so I don't know the pain but I can imagine)

And I'd like to inform you that some of your changes are effecting my marriage negatively. My wife runs a stanima DK tank and she is exceeding upset over the nerf to stam regin while blocking (She doesn't have the champion points to compensate) I hear about this from her almost daily and when she goes to bed mad, life isn't good for me if you know what I mean.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on November 29, 2015 11:45PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things my good man:

1) Change the theme of the Templar's Aedric Spear line to be not spear themed and have a Stamina based DoT, preferably at the expensive of the massively craptastic Binding and Aurora Javelin skills

2) Implement spears as an actual weapon
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Stamina regeneration while blocking nerf.

I have been away playing the multitude of new games that have begun releasing over this holiday season, and guess who joined the forum while I was away.

I knew that @Personofsecrets would have posted something so I flipped through until I found it.

thanks bud, and yeah, fix that nerf!
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am extremely glad to hear combat in ESO is being looked into! I have a few things I have been thinking about for quite some time now, and they might not be very specific "this single skill needs adjusting" thoughts, they go into some general combat mechanics.

Synergies I would love to see some more synergy between the different skils, or 'combos' as some would call it. I would love to see two skills when being used together creating a different or additional effect. A small example that exists in the current game is the use of shadowcloak + concealed weapon. I would love to see more of these effects and perhaps to a greater extent. For example, when I use swallow soul and follow it up with a surprise attack, the usual health-tick can turn into an instant heal. Casting critical surge right before casting a ward could turn into a brief period of time where an attacker gets a thunder-backlash from striking a sorcerer. A fire-breath + a flame whip attack can result into a spinning AoE fire frenzy. Just to name a few examples.

Light and heavy attacks versus skills In the running-up to ESO's release, what I gathered was that the light and heavy attacks were supposed to be the main damage dealers, whilst the class abilities were cool utility stuff. I find it a shame this has not been executed a little more. I would love for the "normal" attacks to have some synergy with skills and vice versa instead of just spamming 1, 1, 1, 1 (or rather 1, clip, 1, clip etc) all the time. A lot of the abilities have become a rather stale "deal x damage in y fashion" where people just slot the highest damage dealer. I'd much rather have 5 skills to choose from in total that all have an interesting effect than 15 that are sorta meh where you just pick the most efficient one. I feel as if relying more on the light and heavy attacks this could change. It would also make the game feel more Elder Scrolsey.

Meaningful choices in your build I'm probably shooting myself in the foot a little bit as someone that slots all profs on one character and wants to have -everything- maxed out, but we can have all the things. Do we need to have all the things? Right now, we can put skillpoints into everything and anything because "why not?". Resulting in things like 9% extra damage against vampires for everyone, because everyone has those skillpoints to spare and everyone has access to every single tree. Also, you can be a werewolf or vampire without having to make much of a meaningful decision. I think it may be more interesting a choice if for example, you can only spec into a certain amount of combat-skilllines. If you want to spec into the mage-guild skilline, you may have to give up on the fighter's guild or vice versa.

Edited by Siluen on November 29, 2015 4:18PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    1. Stamina regeneration while blocking nerf.

I have been away playing the multitude of new games that have begun releasing over this holiday season, and guess who joined the forum while I was away.

I knew that @Personofsecrets would have posted something so I flipped through until I found it.

thanks bud, and yeah, fix that nerf!

I tried to follow @Wrobel 's guidelines so I made a post about DK skills too. Not much to say about the class though othan what has been asked about for ages.

There are so many things about combat I could say that it would take a couple of days to write it all out and, honestly, I don't even care to do that. One can only post so many times that the Maelstrom tanking items suck, or that it sucks to die when bar swapping due to releasing block, or that the non-blocking frames inherent to a roll dodge getting people killed sucks, or that it sucks that bar swapping can eat stats, or this, or that, and the other things.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BS flag in this thread too. Stop stalling. Provide feedback.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, i play a Templar Healer from the Start of the Game and i would like to see more Synergies between Damage and Healspells, from the Templar.

For an Example -

Give the Templars a Passive, that their Damage Spells can proc a Heal with half cost and be instant. So Healing Ritual could be more interesting. The same Passive could proc Darkflare to an instant Spell with a % Chance, if you use a Templar Heal. This Gameplay would feel more interesting & dynamic.

Only an Idea, it shouldnt be to strong but some Spells like Darkflare and Healing Ritual could be more usefull through this, too.
    Edited by Murmeltier on November 30, 2015 1:24PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    BS flag in this thread too. Stop stalling. Provide feedback.

Lol about PvP, really?

Lies and stonewalling/excuses are the norm.

Sorry Zeni, believe it when I see it, my cynicism is reinforced daily, more than a year and here we are....
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Some lore about Saxhleel

You make a good point about there not being a strong stamina race in the Pact. I think the factions are imbalanced passives-wise. I wouldn't mind either way if Argonians were made good for stamina or magicka if they'd just give them something. I just don't get why it has to be like pulling teeth to get some decent passives. How is it so hard for ZOS to see the imbalance. The factions should be better balanced. Some people don't want to play a race from a different faction.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

Here are my suggestions:

Dk:
    1.Stamina lava whip
    2. Stronger heal for dragon blood
    3. Molten armaments shouldn't need fully charged heavy attacks to take affect. It should be useable with medium weaves.
    4. Chains shouldn't have the height limit anymore. I suggest making one morph a gap closer.

Templar:
    1. Puncturing strikes needs to grant 40% extra damage to shields. Right now it hits like an aoe on single shielded targets. This is broken and almost guarantees a loss for templars in 1v1 vs shielded enemies.
    2. Toppling charge needs to fly like dragon leap as the animation suggests a flying move. It should be able to jump floors, rather than needing a clear path.
    3. Sun shield needs to last 20sec to be comparable to hardened ward.
    4. Balanced warrior passive should buff both weapon and spell damage, not weapon damage only.

Dw:
    1. Flurry needs a shorter cast time. The long cast time kills its dps vs wrecking blow, surprise attack, crystal frag, snipe, puncturing strikes.
    2. Blade cloak should give damage mitigation for ALL damage, not just aoe. I also suggest giving major brutality to blade cloak instead of flying blade. This will put it in line with momntum.
    3. Flying blade is very weak and should be replaced with a gap closer.

All two handed weapons should count as 2 items in a set. This includes 2h, bow, destro staff, resto staff. This bring the item set balance inline with dw and 1h+shield.

Destro staff, resto staff and bow need their base weapon and spell damage to increase.

Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get why it has to be like pulling teeth to get some decent passives. How is it so hard for ZOS to see the imbalance. The factions should be better balanced.

The racial passives have to be in-lore; this is the Elder Scrolls, with over 5,000 years of established history and mythos. The alliances cannot be perfectly balanced because they are composed of different races. More balanced than they are? Sure. But be mindful of the lore. @Xvorg made good lore friendly suggestions towards that end.

Looking to the single player games will have limited use as each race was designed to play differently rather than have three similarly playing races like we need now.

TES: Arena
    They are known for their intelligence, agility, and speed. Because of their reptilian nature, Argonians do not tire easily while swimming, and seldom drown. They can also swim faster than any other race. They are adept in any art involving the arcane, or involving thieving and sleight of hand.

TES2: Daggerfall
    You are part of a highly-evolved race of reptiles, known for their intelligence, agility, and speed. Because of their reptilian nature, Argonians do not tire easily when swimming. While many Argonians have successfully mastered the arts of thievery and spellcasting, there are some regarded well as warriors.
    Male Argonian character modifiers:
    +10 Agility
    +10 Speed
    -10 Endurance
    Female Argonian character modifiers:
    +10 Strength
    -10 Endurance

TES3: Morrowind
    Attributes
    Strength
    Intelligence
    Willpower
    Agility
    Speed
    Endurance
    Personality
    Luck
    |M
    |F

Skills
    Alchemy +5
    Athletics +15
    Illusion +5
    Medium Armor +5
    Mysticism +5
    Spear +5
    Unarmored +5

Resist Poison 100%
    Resist Common Disease 75%

TES4: Oblivion
    Male
    +10 Agility and Speed
    -10 Willpower, Endurance, and Personality
    Female
    +10 Intelligence
    -10 Endurance and Personality
    Skills
    +10 Athletics and Security
    +5 Alchemy, Blade, Hand to Hand, Illusion, and Mysticism
    Traits
    Argonian Disease Resistance ability : Resist Disease 75% on Self, constant
    Argonian Poison Immunity ability : Resist Poison 100% on Self, constant
    Argonian Water Breathing ability : Water Breathing on Self, constant

This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their homeland, has developed natural immunities to diseases and poisons. They can breathe water and are good at picking locks.

TES5: Skyrim
    Traits
    Resist Disease ability : Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease, constant.
    Waterbreathing ability : Your Argonian lungs can breathe underwater, constant.
    Histskin greater power : Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds, once per day.
    In addition, they do +6 damage in unarmed combat
    Skills
    +10 Lockpicking
    +5 Alteration, Light Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration, Sneak

This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their Black Marsh homeland, has developed a natural resistance to diseases and the ability to breathe underwater. They can call upon the Histskin to regenerate health very quickly.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »

I just don't get why it has to be like pulling teeth to get some decent passives. How is it so hard for ZOS to see the imbalance. The factions should be better balanced.

The racial passives have to be in-lore; this is the Elder Scrolls, with over 5,000 years of established history and mythos. The alliances cannot be perfectly balanced because they are composed of different races. More balanced than they are? Sure. But be mindful of the lore. @Xvorg made good lore friendly suggestions towards that end.

Looking to the single player games will have limited use as each race was designed to play differently rather than have three similarly playing races like we need now.

TES: Arena
    They are known for their intelligence, agility, and speed. Because of their reptilian nature, Argonians do not tire easily while swimming, and seldom drown. They can also swim faster than any other race. They are adept in any art involving the arcane, or involving thieving and sleight of hand.

TES2: Daggerfall
    You are part of a highly-evolved race of reptiles, known for their intelligence, agility, and speed. Because of their reptilian nature, Argonians do not tire easily when swimming. While many Argonians have successfully mastered the arts of thievery and spellcasting, there are some regarded well as warriors.
    Male Argonian character modifiers:
    +10 Agility
    +10 Speed
    -10 Endurance
    Female Argonian character modifiers:
    +10 Strength
    -10 Endurance

TES3: Morrowind
    Attributes
    Strength
    Intelligence
    Willpower
    Agility
    Speed
    Endurance
    Personality
    Luck
    |M
    |F

Skills
    Alchemy +5
    Athletics +15
    Illusion +5
    Medium Armor +5
    Mysticism +5
    Spear +5
    Unarmored +5

Resist Poison 100%
    Resist Common Disease 75%

TES4: Oblivion
    Male
    +10 Agility and Speed
    -10 Willpower, Endurance, and Personality
    Female
    +10 Intelligence
    -10 Endurance and Personality
    Skills
    +10 Athletics and Security
    +5 Alchemy, Blade, Hand to Hand, Illusion, and Mysticism
    Traits
    Argonian Disease Resistance ability : Resist Disease 75% on Self, constant
    Argonian Poison Immunity ability : Resist Poison 100% on Self, constant
    Argonian Water Breathing ability : Water Breathing on Self, constant

This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their homeland, has developed natural immunities to diseases and poisons. They can breathe water and are good at picking locks.

TES5: Skyrim
    Traits
    Resist Disease ability : Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease, constant.
    Waterbreathing ability : Your Argonian lungs can breathe underwater, constant.
    Histskin greater power : Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds, once per day.
    In addition, they do +6 damage in unarmed combat
    Skills
    +10 Lockpicking
    +5 Alteration, Light Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration, Sneak

This reptilian race, well-suited for the treacherous swamps of their Black Marsh homeland, has developed a natural resistance to diseases and the ability to breathe underwater. They can call upon the Histskin to regenerate health very quickly.

Gender differences in passives should solve some problems... Although, why it isn't here? I remember when I created my first char, I looked for some gender difference and found nothing. Gender difference here is just an aesthehic issue, while in the rest of TES games is an strategic issue.

I don't consider Skyrim as part of the lore, so, my vision about TES world are mainly based on Morrowind (which for me is the most complete TES game in terms of development) and Oblivion (which added some nerfs interesting features).

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't speak of classes , and Obvious That " a class " has been A long-abandoned ( skills bugged never repaired/fixed ) .

And I have to ask you ESO is MMORPG or FPS ?

- PUT A CAP DAMAGE , ALL DAMAGE ( ultimate and skills ) .
    - Remove Aoe Caps

cannot see one-shot or dead from two skills with high Damage (wearing equip end-level elite with cp in harm reduction , see
    image and is only a example)

1Eh3NJ6.jpg

if it is a FPS game obviously I was wrong game, but it's sold as mmorpg

:)

Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on November 30, 2015 7:09PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Increase Bolt Escape distance drastically, or remove stacking cost OR decrease the range of gap closers.
    2) Improve light armor defense, the difference between light armor and medium/heavy is too drastic
    3) My changes for Overload

Overload
    Range: 28m
    Cost/Toggle-able: 75 ultimate
    Light and Heavy Attacks are replaced with empowered versions that drain Ultimate. Empowered Light Attacks hit for x Shock Damage and empowered Heavy Attacks hit for x Shock Damage. Damage increased by x%. Toggle to activate. Ability is automatically un-toggled when the user weapon-swaps.

Morphs

Energy Overload

New Effect: Grants the user minor prophecy for 3 seconds after successfully landing an overload attack, also light and heavy attacks restore magicka.

Power Overload
    Cost: 100 ultimate
    New Effect: (Ability now deals considerably more damage but drains all ultimate on use.) Overload a storm cloud dealing x amount of damage to a single target and applying minor defile for 10 seconds.
    Description/Functionality: Power overload is NOT reflect-able, that’s right, it’s an ultimate version of mages fury. This gives us an instant damage dealing ultimate along with a useful debuff.
    Edited by TheLaw on November 30, 2015 7:32PM
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    1) Increase Bolt Escape distance drastically, or remove stacking cost
    2) Improve light armor deference, the difference between light armor and medium/heavy is too drastic
    3) My changes for Overload

Overload
    Light and Heavy Attacks are replaced with empowered versions that drain Ultimate. Empowered Light Attacks hit for x Shock Damage and empowered Heavy Attacks hit for x Shock Damage. Damage increased by x%. Toggle to activate. Ability is automatically un-toggled when the user weapon-swaps.

Morphs

Energy Overload

New Effect: Grants the user minor prophecy for 3 seconds after successfully landing an overload attack, also light and heavy attacks restore magicka.

Power Overload
    Cost: 100 ultimate
    New Effect: (Ability now deals considerably more damage but drains all ultimate on use.) Overload a storm cloud dealing x amount of damage to a single target and applying minor defile for 10 seconds.
    Description/Functionality: Power overload is NOT reflect-able, that’s right, it’s an ultimate version of mages fury. This gives us an instant damage dealing ultimate along with a useful debuff.

And what balance changes does this address?
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gender differences in passives should solve some problems... Although, why it isn't here? I remember when I created my first char, I looked for some gender difference and found nothing. Gender difference here is just an aesthehic issue, while in the rest of TES games is an strategic issue.

I don't consider Skyrim as part of the lore, so, my vision about TES world are mainly based on Morrowind (which for me is the most complete TES game in terms of development) and Oblivion (which added some nerfs interesting features).

The growing (perhaps dominant at this point) trend in gaming is for gender to be a purely cosmetic choice. Likely influenced by feminist/equal rights movements, streamlining and simplifying design. The more detailed, esoteric and realistic games are undoubtedly fun but equally less accessible to the now booming gamer population. Old school throw backs that include gender differences will continue to exist, but they will likely stay in the "games you've never heard of" category for the foreseeable future.

Also, watch what you say about TES games. Everyone's favorite is the first one they played and mine was Oblivion. 2,000 hours over 4 years into the unmodded game. Although ESO quickly beat that with 3,000 hours over a year and a half.....

Should steer this back on track before we descend to sharing TES memories.

TESO:
    Restoration Expertise
    Increases experience gain with the Restoration Staff Skill line by 15%.

Amphibious
    Increases swimming speed by 50% and whenever you drink a potion you are restored 2/5/8% of your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina

Argonian Resistance
    Increases Max Health by 2/4/6% and Poison and Disease Resistance by 1/2/3[x]

Quick to Mend
    Increases healing received by 3/6/9%

Comparing the current passives to single-player ones, most are in line with what Argonians are known for. If any could be replaced/out of place, I would say Quick to Mend. Staying in line with other racial passives, I suggest replacing it with

Histborn
    Increases Health and Stamina Recovery by 2/4/6%.

Playing on Argonian's increased Speed, Agility and regenerative capabilities.

The Max Health increase from Argonian Resistance is also out of place since Argonians usually have a penalty to Endurance which (in Oblivion) determined Max HP.
    Edited by Ffastyl on November 30, 2015 8:21PM

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just post a few of my thoughts about what I'd like to see developed in the game moving forward. Some of these require more long term effort and some could be implemented straight away.

1) Bring back a form of SOFT CAPS and balance RACIAL PASSIVES with the CHAMPION SYSTEM. In essence, use this system to make racial passives a style choice. As it stands currently, there are a number of racial passives which can not be duplicated in any manner (Stealthy for instance). Use the soft caps to keep the numbers more in line, and help stem the tide of power creep.

2) Do whatever you can do to make Tanks fun again. The current lack of stamina regeneration has killed the stamina tank build for me, and a lot of players. Block Reduction, Dodge Rolling and Heavy Armor are not cutting it. The Guard skill needs a reconsideration as well. Its something I wish I could use but don't, and falls prey to similar issues that the fire toggle had for DK's. The problem is that the Guard skill is even less well designed than the fire toggle, as it not only has a continual stamina cost, but takes out huge chunks of stamina for every shot soaked, and if the tank is blocking it takes out even more stamina. I'm not really sure who they intended to use this (that includes Emperors). I could go on for days (and have) on this issue, but please just make tanks worth actually playing again. Try to find a way to make health more than a dump stat. I've iterated suggestions on this in the past, in multiple forum discussions including one I instigated myself.

3) Make Templar a smoother class to play. The charge has been clunky since day one, regularly causing skill lockouts - have it work like Ambush (problem solved). Get rid of conflicting and unnecessary hard CC on abilities that shouldn't have it (Eclipse should be purge only, Jabs should be a snare) and make the cc more useful (return of blinding flashes, blazing/luminous shards with aoe cc). Make more of our passives actually effective for stamina builds, or drive our effectiveness up in stamina role, as it stands this class gets the weakest vigor/rally in the game. Jabs has historically been decent, but I really hope they keep in mind it is a channel. Sun Shield needs love, particularly in the area of duration and damage, given its cost - the skill is literally unrecognizable compared to what it was originally. Eclipse and Backlash need all kinds of work, they should be good, but they aren't and haven't really ever been all that good. On Radiant Destruction could we please get an alternate morph for blinding flashes for the melee among us?

4) DK needs its heal back, and could probably use a better duration on the igneous weapons buff (and its morphs). Considering this is the class execute and it requires a heavy attack to perform, it needs to have a higher duration in my opinion. I almost agree with others that DK could use some love on its shield, except for the fact their shield buffs the whole team.

5) Spellcrafting is going to necessitate that class passives are more universal in nature, otherwise we might as well delete anything that isn't Sorcerer. While on the topic I think the mechanics of all skills should fall into similar mechanics. Some buffs have way too short a duration to be desirable for instance (bone shield is a good example of a shield that is too brief, so is the undaunted blood bowl - no one needs a weak regen buff easily replaced by class ability or potion).

6) I'd personally like to see a weapon combination system as an analogous system for the fighters guild, what spellcrafting will be for the mages guild.

7) Weapon Ultimates - I'd really like to see weapon ultimates in the game, and quite possibly more weapons/weapon skills available.

8) It might be good to consider making the Sorc self heal more reliable while simultaneously bringing their shield in line with the shields other players use.

9) I'm reiterating this but it deserves being restated. Make Health the proper stat of tanks. Either give a much stronger multiplier on this attribute or build derived stats around it that can lower block costs, rolling costs, reduce fatigue from running, etc. Consider possibly enhancing armor/sr with this stat as well, or actually reducing the cost of 'tanking' powers with health instead of stam/magicka. There are many ways to go about it, but right now the game is way too much about being a DPS. The design of the game right now is mostly about putting in as little health as possible without getting one-shot or dead by lag.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my suggestion. FIX THE SKILLS FIRST THAT ARE BUGGED SINCE RELEASE AND THEN THINK ABOUT BALANCING.
    How dumb is this?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    I have an idea to change the ash cloud morphs for DK to allow more flexibility with DK builds. The old ash cloud ability used to be an aoe that was cast targeting the area around the caster. Also cinder storm used to have a miss chance as part of the aoe to any enemies that entered the space which was great for tanks. This miss chance was removed and we were given a ground targeting aoe that we could cast from a distance.

To help players choose their route, make the ash cloud morph self targeting like it used to and give it a dodge chance instead of miss chance. This works like the NB blur effect when the DK gets major evasion but add "only as long as he is in the aoe" plus the aoe does the same dot of fire dmg. This would make it a great taking skill while still not putting miss chance and it only works in the caster to have the dodge chance if you are worried about it being spread to too many allies.

As for eruption, keep it the way it is now. This way you can choose cinder storm for a less damaging tanky spell or a higher damage distance casting spell.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."