The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armor needs buffed already.

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. The new patch notes are devoid of heavy armor buffs of any kind. @Wrobel do you actually think heavy armor is in a good place right now? We'd be happy to help convince you it's not.

the new CP reduce phys dmg is going to make up for the crapiness of HA but thats all we got :/
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rework the Juggernaut passive to include a 0,5%/1% incoming damage reduction per HA piece.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Rework the Juggernaut passive to include a 0,5%/1% incoming damage reduction per HA piece.

Saddly I think at this point tanks and HA uses are gasping at straws :/ look at PTS patch notes.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I tank PvE all the time and I don't mind the position of HA for dungeons.

What I would like is to make HA more viable in PvP.

Currently I cannot play PvP solo because I sacrifice way too much damage if I want to be able to survive the NB burst.
    Tanks cannot contribute to large PvP fights as much as a dd or healer can.
    Right now tanks in PvP are only good in group fight of up to 8 people per group and only to CC, debuff and divert the focus of the enemy.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Actually, I tank PvE all the time and I don't mind the position of HA for dungeons.

What I would like is to make HA more viable in PvP.

Currently I cannot play PvP solo because I sacrifice way too much damage if I want to be able to survive the NB burst.
    Tanks cannot contribute to large PvP fights as much as a dd or healer can.
    Right now tanks in PvP are only good in group fight of up to 8 people per group and only to CC, debuff and divert the focus of the enemy.

Yea that's what most HA user want.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Immovable
    -cost: 2500 stamina
    -requirements: 5+ heavy armor pieces equip
    -duration: 25 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration

~Immovable brute
    -cost:2500 stamina
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Also gain minor brute increasing weapon power by 5%

~Unstoppable
    -cost: 2000 stamina
    -duration: 30 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Reduce cost and last longer.

Constitution.
    -Increases health recovery by 5% per piece of heavy armor equip and allows stamina regen while blocking if wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor and increases magicka and stamina recovery by 5% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Resolve
    -Increases physical and spell resistance by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip and increases critical resistance by 4% per piece of heavy armor equip.

Juggernaut
    -Increases max health by 3% per piece of heavy armor equip and reduce cost of break free by 35% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor, when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor reduce cost of both magicka and stamina base skills and spells by 5%

Bracing
    - reduce cost of blocking by 35% and block additional 5% damage (regardless if using a shield or not) and reduce physical/spell penetration effect by 40% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Rapid mending
    - increase healing receive by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip in addition reduce snare effects by 25% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Added some changes to help better resource management. 5% to low for wearing 5+ pieces and not per piece?
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, we can continue putting out ideas till we're blue in the face. Not a single change to heavy armor for the TG patch, so we'll have to wait 5 or so months and hope that wrobel wakes up and does something for the DB patch.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    It doesn't matter, we can continue putting out ideas till we're blue in the face. Not a single change to heavy armor for the TG patch, so we'll have to wait 5 or so months and hope that wrobel wakes up and does something for the DB patch.

They do quotas and they said and this comes from ZOS mouth that there quotas are 2 or so months apart. So when theives guild drops a month later be PTS for DB then DB launch. Or so as ZOS is saying.

But never a less TG PTS still up and TG isn't dropping till next month right? Just spam the forums till they freaking buff HA.

@ZOS_EricWrobel Right here is what players want to change in HA (give or take).
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on February 5, 2016 11:56PM
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would find it funny if they buffed heavy armor in the dlc focused around a guild of assassins. The sooner heavy armor becomes both more viable and engaging to use the better. Also Forestd16b14_ESO, nice write up but I just want to say the minor weapon buff on the brute morph seems a little overshadowed, has there been interesting/odd suggestions for heavy armor lately that could go there in place of what would likely be an underused morph?
    Options
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to tank with my NB in freakin LIGHT ARMOR before the no stam regen while blocking update... heck even tanked VCOA and completed it the first time I was ever in the dungeon.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I would find it funny if they buffed heavy armor in the dlc focused around a guild of assassins. The sooner heavy armor becomes both more viable and engaging to use the better. Also Forestd16b14_ESO, nice write up but I just want to say the minor weapon buff on the brute morph seems a little overshadowed, has there been interesting/odd suggestions for heavy armor lately that could go there in place of what would likely be an underused morph?

Maybe but have to fill it with something if break free becomes a passive again.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to tank with my NB in freakin LIGHT ARMOR before the no stam regen while blocking update... heck even tanked VCOA and completed it the first time I was ever in the dungeon.

..... See what you are doing ZOS .....
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps the minor damage resist buff for a flat, impossible to pierce 8% reduction in damage, or one of the 'reduce attackers damage' debuffs could proc when hit. Or if you could have people who strike you with the buff active they get put off balance or suffer another of those debuffs. Thinking that may be an interesting way to go.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps the minor damage resist buff for a flat, impossible to pierce 8% reduction in damage, or one of the 'reduce attackers damage' debuffs could proc when hit. Or if you could have people who strike you with the buff active they get put off balance or suffer another of those debuffs. Thinking that may be an interesting way to go.

Hmm so under the buff while attack have a chance to set attacker off balanced. Could work for PvP but what of PvE say against bosses. They can't be set off balanced..... right?
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hmm so under the buff while attack have a chance to set attacker off balanced. Could work for PvP but what of PvE say against bosses. They can't be set off balanced..... right?

Don't think so, maybe concussed for the bosses to debuff damage.
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Forestd16b14_ESO You are suggesting idea after idea for Heavy Armor buffs but I must disagree with
    It goes against the design and intent of other armor skills, which allow usage regardless of type but scale in power with their respective type. Imposing this requirement simply takes Heavy Armor off the table for anyone who is not specialized in it. 5-2, Medium/Light - Heavy is a very popular setup that would be hit badly by such a requirement. When buffing make effects scale with the number of pieces worn and become powerful/useful in value at the 5 piece mark. For effects that suit a 5+ requirement, attach them to Bracing, Heavy Armor's specialty passive. Rapid Mending becoming 5-piece is debatable as Medium Armor has 1 5-piece bonus and Light Armor has 2, so it depends on which one is being used to model.

While I have touted it enough, my suggestion for Unstoppable, increasing Armor buff and CC immunity in seconds relevant to number of pieces worn and making the base time near 0 is a buff inline with the other armor abilities.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see added bonuses purely to tanking when wearing full 7 piece heavy armour as well..
    Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Heavy Armor.

Its been way too long without any buffs.

I doubt Zenimax Online Studios even care about Heavy Armor.

At this point most people in pve and pvp will use medium/light more than heavy and if you use Heavy in PvE sometimes you get kicked(I experienced that).
    Heavy Armor in pvp is useless apart from diverting enemies attention and/or CC'ing the enemy.Since you will be sacrificing much dmg for tankyness.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »
    How about normal stam regen with 5+ pieces in PVE?

sure and pvp too
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Instead of the HA passive that gives a bonus to armor rating, it should give a flat extra 2/3/4% damage reduction.

that would be interesting, but damage mitigation tends to be extremely diminished in how it adds up. We could lose something mediocre and gain something of no value if the right values aren't used.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel , have tanking nerfs been good for sales?
    Don't tank

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »
    RIP Heavy Armor.

Its been way too long without any buffs.

I doubt Zenimax Online Studios even care about Heavy Armor.

At this point most people in pve and pvp will use medium/light more than heavy and if you use Heavy in PvE sometimes you get kicked(I experienced that).
    Heavy Armor in pvp is useless apart from diverting enemies attention and/or CC'ing the enemy.Since you will be sacrificing much dmg for tankyness.

Saddly true and doesn't help with the new CPs.
    Options
  • ApeXiTT
    ApeXiTT
    ✭✭
    What is wrong with heavy armor?? You guys are doing something wrong...............lol. I tank in pvp walking into zergs taking down healers and KILL with nothing but heavy armor... I am capped on resistance ratings but I just won't ever share my build. Do the math yourself instead of trusting some streamer.

KillerXlit
    xlitxlit
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApeXiTT wrote: »
    What is wrong with heavy armor?? You guys are doing something wrong...............lol. I tank in pvp walking into zergs taking down healers and KILL with nothing but heavy armor... I am capped on resistance ratings but I just won't ever share my build. Do the math yourself instead of trusting some streamer.

KillerXlit
    xlitxlit

Let me guess your build.

Bunch of gold stuff while perma-blocking behind a shield while spamming CC with a healer healing you ? And of course CP cap to reduce blocking and all that even more.

I am sorry but don't come on here and say "L2P" or as you're saying "learn to play my way". Not every one has CP cap or perma-hides behind a shield like a coward or exploits broken mechanics to be a tank.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

KillerXlit
    xlitxlit

Let me guess your build.

Bunch of gold stuff while perma-blocking behind a shield while spamming CC with a healer healing you ? And of course CP cap to reduce blocking and all that even more.

I am sorry but don't come on here and say "L2P" or as you're saying "learn to play my way". Not every one has CP cap or perma-hides behind a shield like a coward or exploits broken mechanics to be a tank.

I am really wondering how he takes down a healer in a zerg :hushed:
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

KillerXlit
    xlitxlit

Let me guess your build.

I am really wondering how he takes down a healer in a zerg :hushed:

Perm-blocking exploits I guess cause if he really can tank how is he able to do any damage.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bump*

We have around 3 weeks left to get any buffs until they finish to tweak stuff on the pts.
    The 4th is just polishing.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *bump*

We have around 3 weeks left to get any buffs until they finish to tweak stuff on the pts.
    The 4th is just polishing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please miss Gina look at these recommendations on what players want to change in HA.

Immovable
    -cost: 2500 stamina
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration

~Immovable brute
    -cost:2500 stamina
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Also gain minor brute increasing weapon power by 5%

~Unstoppable
    -cost: 2000 stamina
    -duration: 30 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Reduce cost and last longer.

Constitution.
    -Increases health recovery by 5% per piece of heavy armor equip and allows stamina regen while blocking if wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor and increases magicka and stamina recovery by 5% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Resolve
    -Increases physical and spell resistance by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip and increases critical resistance by 4% per piece of heavy armor equip.

Juggernaut
    -Increases max health by 3% per piece of heavy armor equip and reduce cost of break free by 35% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor, when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor reduce cost of both magicka and stamina base skills and spells by 5%

Bracing
    - reduce cost of blocking by 35% and block additional 5% damage (regardless if using a shield or not) and reduce physical/spell penetration effect by 40% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Rapid mending
    - increase healing receive by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip in addition reduce snare effects by 25% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have heavy armor in this game?

You know what. I would love for them to go over ALL skills that need to be looked at that are way too weak. Templar being main example.

When I first played this game, I wanted to be a NightBlade in heavy armor, using leeching blades. LMAO at trying that now.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most useful passives that heavy can have for pvp at least, belongs to sets now. For example the reactive set 5th bonus and Duroks bane or Fassala's gilies 5th bonus should belong to heavy armor passives.
    Because I can!
    Options