✭✭✭✭
    hCiTdRl.jpg
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Decayed_Inside Sorry but you need more of a counter argument for any one to take your post seriously. Just saying "L2P" is not a counter argument and make you sound like you are the one who needs to learn to play.

Sorry but it is cause of people like you and @demendred saying "L2P" or posting troll responses is why ZOS hasn't done any real balancing. What you afraid HA will act like how it's supposed to and actually stop you from ganking players or 1 burst killing them. Is that it ?

Guessing you Night Blade never thought you may actually have to work for your kills.
    Options
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P heavy armor is fine. Don't blame the armor because you got melted.
    Options
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Decayed_Inside Sorry but you need more of a counter argument for any one to take your post seriously. Just saying "L2P" is not a counter argument and make you sound like you are the one who needs to learn to play.

Sorry but it is cause of people like you and @demendred saying "L2P" or posting troll responses is why ZOS hasn't done any real balancing. What you afraid HA will act like how it's supposed to and actually stop you from ganking players or 1 burst killing them. Is that it ?

Guessing you Night Blade never thought you may actually have to work for your kills.

@Forestd16b14_ESO
    Where did say learn to play? The thread is silly, so @Forestd16b14_ESO, what do you want to do huh? What do you want to do @Forestd16b14_ESO?@Forestd16b14_ESO, I love you.
    Edited by demendred on January 11, 2016 8:46PM
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You use quite a number of L2P comments

Do you know what L2PS means?

Learn to Post Seriously.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about normal stam regen with 5+ pieces in PVE?
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find it real odd how many trolls there are, for heavy armor getting a buff. I mean, of all the threads to post in? I still feel the whole heavy armor tree needs attention, as was said we can't have everyone running immovable just because but the game is built around resource management and on my 7/7 heavy armor user that's always when I die. Sadly my opponent has more than enough resources to bring me down, regardless of how long it takes. Something can be said for there being an armor set that buffs a passive by 50% and still have many people call the passive weak, really hope ZOS does something positive with this.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted, heavy armor could use more buffs for tanking survivability, however, the op is looking at this from a dps point of view as he states. As such, the thread is coming from the wrong perspective.

I was pleased when they took away the ha passive to increase weapon dammage and made the Passives more for tanking and it should stay that way.

If you want increased damage using a 2h (as OP uses) go with medium armor. It's not like solo content is hard to survive with all the nerfs to content they have done.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CP5 thank you for posting a proper comment and opinion on the subject.

@hrothbern exactly. From what I can translate from there "counter-arguments" is " we don't want HA buffs cause we want to gank people more easily."

@robkrush well in PvE HA is still pleanty good )could use a few buffs here and there for PvE) it's more the problems it faces in PvP.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Granted, heavy armor could use more buffs for tanking survivability, however, the op is looking at this from a dps point of view as he states. As such, the thread is coming from the wrong perspective.

I was pleased when they took away the ha passive to increase weapon dammage and made the Passives more for tanking and it should stay that way.

If you want increased damage using a 2h (as OP uses) go with medium armor. It's not like solo content is hard to survive with all the nerfs to content they have done.

Well that is the thing though PvP as it is now is nothing more than a DPS contest and who ever has the bigger DPS and can shield stack or roll dodge more will win. What is a tank supposed to do cause as @CP5 said most players in PVP have giant resource pools that can outlast a HA user "tank" resource pools because LA and MA offers better management and reduce cost for skills unlike HA.

So not only LA and MA offer better management and DPS bonuses there options for a defense be shields and rolling are better options cause resistance and mitigation and useless in PvP too cause of penetration effects and multiple enemies banging on you draining your stamina from blocking.

Like as many have said before.... Resistance has a cap, damage does not.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vokage89 wrote: »
    Agree.. i have no idea why you guys have been nerfing heavy armor.. i have never ONCE heard some one say NERF heavy armor lol... please restore heavy armor passives and buff it a little..

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/148766/heavy-armor-is-so-op-in-1-6/p1

Here's one @vokage89

Btw this topic is from a troll who said that magicka DKs are fine now. Just check my signature.

Because I can!
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp time for look at what players want to see in heavy armor from what I gathered from my post.

Immovable
    -cost: 2500 stamina
    -requirements: 5+ heavy armor pieces equip
    -duration: 25 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration

~Immovable brute
    -duration: 25 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Also gain minor brute increasing weapon power by 5%

~Unstoppable
    -cost: 2000 stamina
    -duration: 30 seconds.
    -effect: gain major resolve and major ward increasing physical and spell resistance by 5500 amount and gain full immunity to CC and knockdown/back for entire duration. Reduce cost and last longer.

Constitution.
    -Increases health recovery by 5% per piece of heavy armor equip and allows stamina regen while blocking if wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Resolve
    -Increases physical and spell resistance by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip and increases critical resistance by 4% per piece of heavy armor equip.

Juggernaut
    -Increases max health by 3% per piece of heavy armor equip and reduce cost of break free by 35% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Bracing
    - reduce cost of blocking by 35% and block additional 5% damage (regardless if using a shield or not) and reduce physical/spell penetration effect by 40% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Rapid mending
    - increase healing receive by 2% per piece of heavy armor equip in addition reduce snare effects by 25% when wearing 5+ pieces of heavy armor.

Reason some are 5+ pieces and some are just 1 piece is to help out hybrid builds. So thoughts comments opinions and maybe some ZOS guys wanna read.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on January 18, 2016 8:18PM
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    SirDopey wrote: »
    UPDATE IDEAS:

Change resolve to increase your armor by 5% of your max health per piece of armor you have. So say you have 23K health times that by 35% for all 7 armor slotted with heavy that's a 8050 increases to armor. Seem fair no ?

And I still believe juggernaut needs to be increased to a 14% increases to health just to boost my changes to resolve more.

Completely ridiculous idea, unless of course LA will receive a 5% increase to max magicka per piece and medium armor will give a 5% increase to max stamina???

Sorry but no. Players already achieve crazy amount of stamina and magicka with how LA and MA are now and they don't need more.

This is about how HA is out-dated and out-classed by the other 2 armor classes and what changes could be added to make HA much better cause you are sacrificing your offensive for what is supposed to be the best defensive armor in the game. But as it is clearly shown that HA is as useful as armor made of mud while LA and MA can gain that massive DPS bonuses while staying alive longer than HA cause there avoiding the damage. Cause that's the problem here HA has not many other options but to take the damage while LA and MA avoids it being rolling and damage shields.

Yes, but you must be able to see the flow on effects of what you're asking for??? You're obviously looking at this entirely from your character's specs. If HA gave a 5% bonus to health PER PIECE then the people that are already on 40K HP would have a ridiculous buff, not to mention the other buffs you're calling for. The only way you could balance this out so that you didn't have immortals running around would be to apply similar buffs to other armor pools. Neither Light or Medium armor ADD to resource pools, Heavy Armor shouldn't either any more than it already does.
    40k health is suicide, i don't think you can have a decent sustain and damage with that much health.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    So pretty sure it's well know at this point heavy armor is more for cosmetic looks than actual function. @ZOS I think IMO it's about time you buffed it up already (along with Dragon Knights and Templars). Below a list of changes IMO could make HA much much better.

Resolve Increases your armor for each piece of HA equipped. Now mine is set at 2536 for all 7 pieces IDK what every one else is at but personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe boost it to 2600.

Constitution increases health recovery by 4% per HA equipped which is just like LA and MA recovery thing but I feel like it should be 5% but again IMO. But is second ability restoring magicka and stamina each time you are hit every 4 seconds sounds nice right ? Wrong cause its only for me it's 346 again IDK what every one else is at but the second skill is pretty useless and needs to be changed back to reduce break free cost by 40%. Really ZOS but reduce break free cost back into HA passives already.

Juggernaut is straight forward of increasing health by 1% per HA you have equipped again no problems with it but maybe but is at 2% per piece. Helps out those who need some boost in there health too.

Bracing decreases stamina cost while blocking by 20%. Boost it 30% for tanks.

Rapid mending I find extreamly useless. Increases healing received by 1% per HA equipped. Doesn't help in solo stuff and again CP can replace that so I feel it just needs a entire remake to reduce effect of snare effects by 20% and reduces enemy physical and spell penetration by 40% when having all 7 armor slotted with HA of course. Why the giant reduce penetration ? Well a gold level 2H hammer with sharpened on it alone gives 34% armor penetration and stack that with the champion passives players can easily get 50%, 60% res penetration making HA 25K res into 10K res might as well go to battle in your under wear cause that's what it's at now and why HA is so useless cause LA has shields and MA has dodging.

So @ZOS any one at ZOS take this into consideration and please make some sort of changes to HA before Orsinium drops. Cause HA users are giving most forms of offensive options for what is suppose to be strong defensive options. Sure most other HA users can agree.

No one uses champion point pen because it sucks lol its a multiplier. Heavy armour is fine in pvp just stack res to 40 instead of 32 which isnt even difficult
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

Learn to Post Seriously.

Learn not to feed the trolls
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    hrothbern wrote: »

Learn to Post Seriously.

Learn not to feed the trolls

What he said. Only way for ZOS to take anything serious on the forums and hopefully get some real changes in the game. Cause they trolls are most likely the players who don't want changes cause that means the game will be "harder" for them.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno is wrobel even attempting to do something with heavy armor? Or will the next patch work like all of the others where we don't even have remote ideas about what balance changes are being attempted and they just get pushed out at the last minute so we can complain and give feedback throughout the next patch cycle while wrobel continues to miss the mark?
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 heavy and im very successful in pvp. That said, it is because it comes down to one saying i always tell people. They ask me, "what can i run instead of reactive" and the simple answer is "nothing really" and its because heavy armour just isn't defensively strong enough. Raw resistances + health is not enough when you compare to shields and dodge roll. There is far too much penetration and debuffs flying around that your heavy armour stats will feel like you are wearing cloth.

As for the passives;
    - leave the armour increase resolve gives, but also give it 100 crit resistance rating per heavy piece. This would give you 1.5% less crit damage per piece of heavy armour which at 5 pieces is 7.5% or at 7 pieces is 10.5% which is pretty big.
    - revert the constitution back to the 4 second cooldown it was back in 1.5.
    - combine the increase health and healing passive (1% per piece)
    - give back the old juggernaut passive of increase melee damage by 1% per piece. Make this passive applicable to magicka and stamina melee abilities ie. flame lash, sweeps, concealed weapon all work as well as surprise attack, ransack, etc.

this is how i would do the heavy armour rebalance. Gives heavy armour a little more sustain, little more damage and crit resistance which is really important in pvp.

Now as to my statement about penetrations and debuffs and why i haven't included them in my passives changes. That isnt a change that heavy armour should have by itself. It is a change that the team should look at fixing for all armour types. They need to lessen the effectiveness of penetration because it is quite strong at the moment.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /signed

Heavy armor NEEDS to be buffed! I have been playing this game so dang gimped for over a year now and I refuse to change my armor because "Play your way!"

Heavy armor should protect you from a lot of damage and its current form is a friggin joke! When I have a full set of heavy armor and my physical mitigation is less than my magical mitigation... I mean, really? WTF!
    Edited by nimander99 on January 26, 2016 10:05PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

this is how i would do the heavy armour rebalance. Gives heavy armour a little more sustain, little more damage and crit resistance which is really important in pvp.

Are you sure you meant 4 seconds? That is the cooldown it has now. It used to have a 2 second and 3 second cooldown, if either of those is what you meant.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Are you sure you meant 4 seconds? That is the cooldown it has now. It used to have a 2 second and 3 second cooldown, if either of those is what you meant.

Ah yeh sorry I think it was 2 second before :) my mistake
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Teflondon75
    Teflondon75
    ✭✭
    I agree, it needs some looking at. Just like anything, yes you can do well no matter what kit you wear...but it's pretty clear that if you really compare light/med/heavy that in the game we have today Heavy is simply the worst of the three(pvp speaking) Just because some people make it work and work well does Not mean it is "Fine" The name of the game is resource management. The other sets have it, heavy does not. That's a problem of course, plate or not you are dead if you run dry. It doesn't need damage. It needs the opposite, a counter to damage and the way caps are currently DPS is heavily favored to raw defense. Again there is a problem here.

What about some passive that as your health goes down your regens(all three perhaps) go up? Starting at 75% and ramping to max(whatever number or %) at 25-30% Min 5 piece heavy and slightly increased at 6/7 ?
    Options
  • munkt0r
    munkt0r
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a stamina templar in full heavy armor using a sword and shield...pretty new to the game, at 40th level and getting into dungeon play through the group finder...

Every thread I read makes me feel like I made the worst choices possible haha.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an FYI, I quit this game over a year ago and tanks were useless then. People plead their cases, asked for Heavy Armor to be buffed. The only thing we ever saw was the Constitution buff, which I'm not even sure is very useful now after stats have changed so much and regen doesn't seem to be nearly as big of an issue as it used to be.

Zenimax just doesn't care. They are a year and a half behind on the content they promised at QuakeCon as it is. If you quit today and come back in one year, it would be safe to bet that Heavy Armor will still be the same.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of the HA passive that gives a bonus to armor rating, it should give a flat extra 2/3/4% damage reduction.
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy armor is the coolest looking armor in game (imo) but the weakest playstyle wise, sucks, wish it would be fixed... 1.6 was supposed to make it more viable but it didn't. Doubt it will ever happen at this point.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Heavy armor is the coolest looking armor in game (imo) but the weakest playstyle wise, sucks, wish it would be fixed... 1.6 was supposed to make it more viable but it didn't. Doubt it will ever happen at this point.

Yea if anything 1.6 added 10 nails to the coffin so to speak.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. The new patch notes are devoid of heavy armor buffs of any kind. @Wrobel do you actually think heavy armor is in a good place right now? We'd be happy to help convince you it's not.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like ZoS can delete the heavy armor. They added flat increase of resistance in the champion system. Nobody will use heavy armor.
    Because I can!
    Options