Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Heavy armor needs buffed already.

Forestd16b14_ESO
Forestd16b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So pretty sure it's well know at this point heavy armor is more for cosmetic looks than actual function. @ZOS I think IMO it's about time you buffed it up already (along with Dragon Knights and Templars). Below a list of changes IMO could make HA much much better.

Resolve Increases your armor for each piece of HA equipped. Now mine is set at 2536 for all 7 pieces IDK what every one else is at but personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe boost it to 2600.

Constitution increases health recovery by 4% per HA equipped which is just like LA and MA recovery thing but I feel like it should be 5% but again IMO. But is second ability restoring magicka and stamina each time you are hit every 4 seconds sounds nice right ? Wrong cause its only for me it's 346 again IDK what every one else is at but the second skill is pretty useless and needs to be changed back to reduce break free cost by 40%. Really ZOS but reduce break free cost back into HA passives already.

Juggernaut is straight forward of increasing health by 1% per HA you have equipped again no problems with it but maybe but is at 2% per piece. Helps out those who need some boost in there health too.

Bracing decreases stamina cost while blocking by 20%. Boost it 30% for tanks.

Rapid mending I find extreamly useless. Increases healing received by 1% per HA equipped. Doesn't help in solo stuff and again CP can replace that so I feel it just needs a entire remake to reduce effect of snare effects by 20% and reduces enemy physical and spell penetration by 40% when having all 7 armor slotted with HA of course. Why the giant reduce penetration ? Well a gold level 2H hammer with sharpened on it alone gives 34% armor penetration and stack that with the champion passives players can easily get 50%, 60% res penetration making HA 25K res into 10K res might as well go to battle in your under wear cause that's what it's at now and why HA is so useless cause LA has shields and MA has dodging.

So @ZOS any one at ZOS take this into consideration and please make some sort of changes to HA before Orsinium drops. Cause HA users are giving most forms of offensive options for what is suppose to be strong defensive options. Sure most other HA users can agree.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Double heavy armor ratings.
    - Triple Resistance cap.
    - Leave Light and Medium armor untouched.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
    Options
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    I agree entirely with this thread. Heavy Armor obviously does need some buffing, but it's a very delicate subject.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I'm fine with the heavy knight sucking wind if he uses powers (stamina or magicka) but he should be a force of his own while swinging all mouse/wasd type moves. I'd go even further to say that I wish we had combos which a mouse-wasd build (warrior) could be based off of, but who knows if its even in the consideration with the devs. This is one area where I really wish they'd just copy DCUO. I love the whole Precision (combos) vs. Might (powers) thing they have going on that game. Considering the combat style between the two games is so similar, I really don't know why they hadn't considered this as a possibility.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    I agree entirely with this thread. Heavy Armor obviously does need some buffing, but it's a very delicate subject.

True true cause they can't go over board other wise it's buffs become undone and get even more nerfs.
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one:

Buff constitution's resource regen to have no cooldown. Right now, the magicka and stamina regen on being hit has an 8s cooldown. Kill the cooldown and tanks will have similar resource management to dps.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was too late. Do it now!
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina recovery while blocking if you are wearing at least 5pc heavy.

Even if it was just a percentage return it would be better than current.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion Armor should work as followed.

Light: Powerful attacks have to stand behind shields and range to win. Can't take more then a few hits without a shield up.

Medium: Powerful attacks have to keep moving good at range or Melee. Can take a fair amount of hits.

Heavy: Powerful attacks have to keep enemies in Melee range the worst at ranged attacks but can take far more hits.

What we have makes more sense then release but is still not there.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Here's one:

Buff constitution's resource regen to have no cooldown. Right now, the magicka and stamina regen on being hit has an 8s cooldown. Kill the cooldown and tanks will have similar resource management to dps.

I might do 7/7 for that
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Taunt a substantial buff to Heavy Armor.

Has no effect in PVP.
    Damage Dealers in LA or MA cannot benefit.
    True tanks in Heavy Armor do benefit in PVE, in Pledges and Trials.

This will restore the tank as valuable member of groups, also when the player doing the tank role is not top notch.

How to buff is technical work out of details. A 50% buff on the HA passives would be a simple example. The buff is only effective during the duration of the taunt.

Edited by hrothbern on November 23, 2015 11:09PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE IDEAS:

Change resolve to increase your armor by 5% of your max health per piece of armor you have. So say you have 23K health times that by 35% for all 7 armor slotted with heavy that's a 8050 increases to armor. Seem fair no ?

And I still believe juggernaut needs to be increased to a 14% increases to health just to boost my changes to resolve more.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally expect them to buff HA the moment when I drop it. :D

Options
  • DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor? That's crazy, what do you mean? Add some other kind of armor that could be more useful than light of medium? Are you speaking alien sir?
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea: raise your shield at the exact moment a heavy attack comes through further increases Constitution effects for 10 seconds. This would be escpecially beneficial to PVE tanks where the heavy attacks from bosses are easier to see (without making it too powerful in PVP)
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one:

This.
    But no cooldown is never a good idea. Maybe just lower the cooldown to something like 4s for 1st skill point, 2s for two skill points.
    Edited by Dubhliam on November 27, 2015 9:36PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just scrap all combat stats and import 'For Honor' 's combat engine when it releases.

:D:D:D
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Here's one:

This.
    But no cooldown is never a good idea. Maybe just lower the cooldown to something like 4s for 1st skill point, 2s for two skill points.

4 seconds is totally laughable. should be 2 seconds MAX and even that wouldn't be enough.
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would like to add that blocking with staffs gives same defense as blocking with sword and shield. for me and i think alot of others this doesn't make sense. i would like to see something done with this aswell
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    would like to add that blocking with staffs gives same defense as blocking with sword and shield. for me and i think alot of others this doesn't make sense. i would like to see something done with this aswell

Makes about as much sense as getting more spell damage out of 2x swords than with a freaking magic staff, yet that's been the case since forever and I don't see ZOS rushing to change it :)

[EDIT] Actually, your comment sounded a little off to me, so I went and checked the one hand and shield skill line. Are you saying you can get the same damage mitigation with a staff as you can with sword&board even if you're missing out on passives like Fortress (decrease block cost up to 30%), Sword and Board (block up to 20% additional damage) or Deflect Bolts (increase up to 15% damage block for projectiles)? Or skills like Defensive Posture, which increase the damage you can block and reduce block cost just for being slotted?
    Edited by daemonios on November 27, 2015 11:59PM
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely think heavy armor needs some reworking. It's a shame that this game has been out this long, and still heavy armor is a joke.
    Options
  • Oliumzen
    Oliumzen
    ✭✭✭
    In PVE I tanked just fine as a NB in heavy armor. for PvP however it was useless. Needless to say i wear medium armor since all i do is PvP. but i regret it whenever i PvE
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the damage, armor penetration and critical hits in PvP, Heavy Armor's defenses are almost completely bypassed. Buffing Resolve tremendously (100% or more) or adding/altering a passive to grant Heavy Armor flat, unbypassable damage reduction should help. Some of the suggestions above would help too, such as Stamina recovery while blocking or increasing Resistance based upon Max Health (also finally giving a reason to invest in Health). In terms of resource management, picking the right sets and making use of Heavy Attacks are key to getting decent management with Heavy Armor. Resources are rarely an issue when handled correctly as a Templar. For other classes (such as Dragonknight) resources management is still a bit of a problem with Heavy Armor. Without the reliance on Heavy Attacks, Heavy Armor runs out of resources very quickly. A small buff to Constitution, reducing the cooldown from 4 to 3 seconds and/or increasing the amount per piece, will be enough. The intended tradeoff of Heavy Armor is good armor for bad management.

Damage output of Heavy Armor is also falling behind but this is not due to a lack of passives but rather an old change to Medium Armor that was made in a time of soft-caps to get Stamina DPS on par with Magicka DPS. Without soft-caps to hinder the passive's power, it has put Medium Armor a league ahead of all other armor types for damage output. I am speaking of Agility. From 12% attack speed to 12% Weapon Damage, this passive puts Medium Armor over the power curve. Where armor type used to determine resource management and, well, armor, the change to Agility added DPS to that list. Like some threads complain about Flawless Dawnbreaker being an unwanted but necessary ultimate due to its +7% Weapon Damage passive, Medium Armor has become necessary for any Stamina based DPS. It is simply and plainly better to wear Medium Armor over Heavy Armor in all cases regarding damage.

Look at Magicka DPS: there is a mix of Light and Heavy Armor in use because Light Armor offers Spell Critical, Spell Penetration and Magicka management over Heavy Armor. As mentioned above, these gaps can be crossed with the right sets and abilities in use. On the reverse, Light Armor cannot offer as much armor as Heavy, so Magicka DPS like to wear a couple pieces, sometimes a full suit. Regardless of which armor type a Magicka DPS uses, Max Magicka and Spell Damage are the same. This is not the case for Stamina DPS. Lowering Agility's benefit from 12% to 6% is a good start, but replacing Agility's effect with another useful effect is best for armor balancing. Armor penetration (while exacerbating Heavy Armor's problem with being armor) is a possible substitute - a flat, level based value or a percentage. A more unorthodox benefit would be better, such as extending the evasion window of roll dodge, like the Crusader set
    helmet_of_the_crusader.jpg
    or adding Minor Evasion (5% dodge chance) when blocking.
    Readdressing Medium Armor is also a time to readdress the nerfed passives of Light Armor. In the time of soft-caps, Light Armor was generally best, so it was nerfed in addition to the other types being buffed. It has leveled the playing field between types (barring Agility), but some of the nuanced nerfs are no longer necessary, such as requiring a full set for two passives as opposed to one passive for the other types. But Light Armor can wait for a second post on armor balance, since there is already plenty here to read.

I do think it is time to buff Heavy Armor. A full set of Legendary Reinforced Heavy Armor should put the player at the hard cap, no buff needed.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, I played a lot heavy armor the first year. Then tried out light and medium and as of today, the heavy armor falls behind, especially in pvp.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armor is pretty useless at this point.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid mending I find extreamly useless. Increases healing received by 1% per HA equipped. Doesn't help in solo stuff and again CP can replace that so I feel it just needs a entire remake to reduce effect of snare effects by 20% and reduces enemy physical and spell penetration by 40% when having all 7 armor slotted with HA of course. Why the giant reduce penetration ? Well a gold level 2H hammer with sharpened on it alone gives 34% armor penetration and stack that with the champion passives players can easily get 50%, 60% res penetration making HA 25K res into 10K res might as well go to battle in your under wear cause that's what it's at now and why HA is so useless cause LA has shields and MA has dodging.

So @ZOS any one at ZOS take this into consideration and please make some sort of changes to HA before Orsinium drops. Cause HA users are giving most forms of offensive options for what is suppose to be strong defensive options. Sure most other HA users can agree.

I personally like to talk about the Rapid mending. On it's own, yeah it's pretty useless. However, when you stack them up, you have a pretty powerful self healing, especially when it comes to HoT. I agree however, that it isn't that strong and really needs a buff. How about a 2% proc for each piece you wear, whenever you heal, (Heal over time doesn't count.) you get set amount of damage shield?
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on November 28, 2015 8:20PM
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally like to talk about the Rapid mending. On it's own, yeah it's pretty useless. However, when you stack them up, you have a pretty powerful self healing, especially when it comes to HoT. I agree however, that it isn't that strong and really needs a buff. How about a 2% proc for each piece you wear, whenever you heal, (Heal over time doesn't count.) you get set amount of damage shield?

Maybe .... Like I'm just thinking of solo play and plus HA does deserve some form of snare reduction effect.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also forgot to add something about HA skill Immovable.

I feel it needs to benefit HA again. Like pre 1.6. Reduce it's cost to 2000 at most and increase it's duration to 20 seconds and as for it's morphs Immovable brute be change back to increases weapon damage by 20% (if I remember that was it's power before) while unstoppable has increases duration to 30s and reduce cost to 1500 stamina.

Also of course the CC and negative effects immunity be brung back to it's original time of lasting the entire duration of the skill it self how ever do what ZOS should have done to being with and make it so you need atleast 5+ pieces of armor to use the skill.
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda pointless. It's pretty clear that ZoS doesn't want "tanky" players in PvP.

They rather enforce and buff burst spec's that can avoid, teleport, kite or shield they're way towards survival. But soaking dmg to stay alive, the way templars, DK's and tank in general are designed to function, is not allowed in Cyrodiil. Therefore heavy wont get any buffs.

Than there's PvE. Heavy armor is great for PvE tanking and the only viable option for harder content. We cant say that heavy armor need a buff for PvE really. Tanking(even with block nerf)is already really easy. Buff heavy and tanking would be total brain afk in PvE. Boosting the resource management passive some, would be nice tho. Make tanking more active.
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also forgot to add something about HA skill Immovable.

I feel it needs to benefit HA again. Like pre 1.6. Reduce it's cost to 2000 at most and increase it's duration to 20 seconds and as for it's morphs Immovable brute be change back to increases weapon damage by 20% (if I remember that was it's power before) while unstoppable has increases duration to 30s and reduce cost to 1500 stamina.

Also of course the CC and negative effects immunity be brung back to it's original time of lasting the entire duration of the skill it self how ever do what ZOS should have done to being with and make it so you need atleast 5+ pieces of armor to use the skill.

As a tank I also believe that some buffing is needed for tanks. Immovable including.
    you say:
    "so you need at least 5+ pieces of armor to use the skill"

Here I a sorry to say that I disagree:
    I believe that the freedom of choice should be wide open including using the active abilities of other Armor than your own main type of Armor.
    I believe that the benefit of HA with Immovable should come from the synergy of the Morph, giving a higher benefit per piece.
    This is also the case with the Morphs of the active abilities of LA and MA.

Edited by hrothbern on December 1, 2015 4:09PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options