Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Remember not everyone can animation cancel only a very small percentage.
    Thank you for saying this, now maybe us folks who can NOT animation cancel / weave will be acknowledged.

Everybody can learn it though. Just saying. There are instructional videos about this a lot.
    Edited by Xantaria on December 9, 2015 4:12PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:44PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xantaria If a NB uses agony and if I do not break free I can be feared. Is it intended or not?
    Because I can!
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:43PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @Xantaria If a NB uses agony and if I do not break free I can be feared. Is it intended or not?

@Bashev

Agony is a disorient rather then a stun. Disorients do not grant CC-Immunity when broken by damage. This means you can chain CC players with disorient effects. Disorients also ignore blocks and dodges.

Disorients:
    - Agony
    - Rune Prison
    - Petrify
    - Luminous Shards
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or people turning invisible in the middle of combat in PvP. This is not a NB cloaking either. It's a certain order of abilities people have set on a macro because any class can do it.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »

@Bashev

Agony is a disorient rather then a stun. Disorients do not grant CC-Immunity when broken by damage. This means you can chain CC players with disorient effects. Disorients also ignore blocks and dodges.

Disorients:
    - Agony
    - Rune Prison
    - Petrify
    - Luminous Shards

Disorients grant CC when they are broken by damage. That is why they are not as powerful as fear or the other strong stuns and knockbacks.
    Because I can!
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    Or people turning invisible in the middle of combat in PvP. This is not a NB cloaking either. It's a certain order of abilities people have set on a macro because any class can do it.

that is one button called invisibility potion.

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think youve got your hotkeys set up wrong. Weaving is as simple as click click... click cllick... click click... click click...

What does need to be fixed is completly hiding abilities with bash or block. Its fine if you can bash and cast reflective scales at the same time... It is NOT fine if you can no longer see reflective scales being cast.

Ability animations should always be higher priority than bash or block animations.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Remember not everyone can animation cancel only a very small percentage.
    Thank you for saying this, now maybe us folks who can NOT animation cancel / weave will be acknowledged.

Everybody can learn it though. Just saying. There are instructional videos about this a lot.
    And this is typically the answer i and a bunch of us get.
    No, not EVERYBODY can learn it. I've watched all of the NPD video's out there in tellie-tubbie land. I've spent the last 6 months trying to LEARN this so I can do more than non-stop get killed in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City.
    The reality is there are MANY of us that can NOT animation cancel / light-medium-heavy attack weave.
    light attack weaving is fairly simple, just spam your left click as you are doing your normal rotation, medium takes a bit of timing, usually hold left click for a second before you hit your ability then release it as you hit your ability, rinse and repeat. again becomes muscle memory and works well when you play all of the classes.

As for animation cancelling I don't do it anymore since I play a Templar mostly but even then when I play a Dragonknight I dont't animation cancel my main attacks only my DoTs on my off bar that I animation cancel with a bar swap, which is really easy to time, just cast a skills a hit your weapon swap as soon as you hit the skill. I think majority of people do that now days ;)
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 9, 2015 4:32PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭

Please take the time before responding with a useless response:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229944/invisible-players-problem-back-on-azura-eu

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/234633/invisible-players-inthis-case-a-templar

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230902/invisible-players-in-pvp

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/76529/invisible-players
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please take the time before responding with a useless response:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229944/invisible-players-problem-back-on-azura-eu

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/234633/invisible-players-inthis-case-a-templar

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230902/invisible-players-in-pvp

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/76529/invisible-players

That is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with macroing. Most players who get this get it accidently and can not get rid of it. I think this is not an issue anymore by the way.
    Edited by Xantaria on December 9, 2015 4:34PM

• Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:43PM
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is Macroing and I really hope people will stop believing this crap everybody screams as an excuse for getting killed by a superior player that is used to animation cancelling.

Macroing in this game is not used by good players because they know how unreliable it is. On their current potato megaservers there is no way to execute macros reliably. It also takes away your ability to react to stuff.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. When I literally go from full health to dead in the time it takes to blink, before the game even visually registers a single skill? I know there's more going on than animation canceling. Even with ani-canceling (which certainly speeds things up), it's not possible to kill in that short a time.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:42PM
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    Nobody is Macroing and I really hope people will stop believing this crap everybody screams as an excuse for getting killed by a superior player that is used to animation cancelling.

Macroing in this game is not used by good players because they know how unreliable it is. On their current potato megaservers there is no way to execute macros reliably. It also takes away your ability to react to stuff.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. When I literally go from full health to dead in the time it takes to blink, before the game even visually registers a single skill? I know there's more going on than animation canceling. Even with ani-canceling (which certainly speeds things up), it's not possible to kill in that short a time.

Gee, i guess i ain't the only one experiencing this...Full health to DEAD in 0.7seconds

Maybe you need more health and armor. Or make yourself night silence and stay stealth.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    On my Stamplar, I can sometimes cast Remembrance multiple times in a row. It heals every time as well, it is just forgetting to use my ultimate

I have casted it 3 times In a row before while in fights. I do not think latency has anything to do with it.

Looks as if this ultimate is doing the same thing as Warhorn is listed for.
    Edited by I55UE5 on December 9, 2015 5:29PM
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I55UE5 wrote: »
    On my Stamplar, I can sometimes cast Remembrance multiple times in a row. It heals every time as well, it is just forgetting to use my ultimate.

While near the end of the animation I am usually spamming maneuver or purify for an escape, not 100% sure if this is causing it.

I have casted it 3 times In a row before while in fights. I do not think latency has anything to do with it.

Yep, I know this bug as well. But I dont complain :D
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the issue with Molag Kena proccing, we were incorrect that this was something we couldn't reproduce (blame Monday?). This has been bugged internally, and we're working on a fix for it. Sorry for the confusion!

The fact that Molag Kena can be procced while weaving is the only reason the 2pc-effect has it's use. Right now you get a 5-10% DPS increase at the cost of sustain. Imo that is a fair trade. But if you really have to do 2 consecutive light attacks every 6s this set is going to be useless. I understand that this is not how it was intended originally but making this set useless is no solution either. You can argue that it is OP the way it is right now but as long as it works with every weapon/skill-combination it is fair/balanced.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant wrote: »
    Regarding the issue with Molag Kena proccing, we were incorrect that this was something we couldn't reproduce (blame Monday?). This has been bugged internally, and we're working on a fix for it. Sorry for the confusion!

The fact that Molag Kena can be procced while weaving is the only reason the 2pc-effect has it's use. Right now you get a 5-10% DPS increase at the cost of sustain. Imo that is a fair trade. But if you really have to do 2 consecutive light attacks every 6s this set is going to be useless. I understand that this is not how it was intended originally but making this set useless is no solution either. You can argue that it is OP the way it is right now but as long as it works with every weapon/skill-combination it is fair/balanced.

I think it was never meant to be kept up all the time. They expected ppl to proc it only in need of burst dmg.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every magic class is using this and some stamina classes. Its' not hard to sustain Molag Kena lol, throw elemental drain and done, even easier for a sorc using force pulse.
    it wont be useless, stop saying that. You are basically getting 645 spell damage / weapon damage for a 2pc right now, it is incredibly unbalanced and not designed how it was intended to be.
    #MOREORBS
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria

Not sure if I overlooked it or if it's more of a non-issue for everyone, but one thing that could be worth adding is, while having a bow equipped and drawn (not on sheathed/on your back), you can see a glitched arrow at the bottom of your feet. More of a glitch that anything else, I assume. Easy to replicate (apologize for not have a video/screen image) and I'm not sure if it's native to console or not (Xbox One, NA)
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every magic class is using this and some stamina classes. Its' not hard to sustain Molag Kena lol, throw elemental drain and done, even easier for a sorc using force pulse.
    it wont be useless, stop saying that. You are basically getting 645 spell damage / weapon damage for a 2pc right now, it is incredibly unbalanced and not designed how it was intended to be.

It is not possible to sustain Kena forever. At least not for magicka DKs and NBs. And yes even when there is elemental drain and siphon spirit on boss.
    And yes it is going to be useless for sustained DPS because doing 2 light attacks in a row for a 6s 5%-10% damage increase is not worth it. Dunno about any other use of the set. Has to be a very specific situation.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not possible to sustain Kena forever. At least not for magicka DKs and NBs. And yes even when there is elemental drain and siphon spirit on boss.
    And yes it is going to be useless for sustained DPS because doing 2 light attacks in a row for a 6s 5%-10% damage increase is not worth it. Dunno about any other use of the set. Has to be a very specific situation.
    Elemental drain + medium weaving + Battle roar + potions + harness magicka + warhorn (increased magicka pool) + siphon spirit
    I can and have sustained this on my dragonknight with 800 regen throughout all of sanctum no problem.

As it stands right now magicka is far ahead of stamina (on average) in terms of overall dps, it creates an extreme unbalanced game play, the set is clearly broken as it isn't working as stated on it's tooltip. It was only a matter of time before it gets fixed. I personally wouldn't call this a nerf.
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 9, 2015 6:28PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elemental drain + medium weaving + Battle roar + potions + harness magicka
    I can and have sustained this on my dragonknight with 800 regen throughout all of sanctum no problem.

As it stands right now magicka is far ahead of stamina (on average) in terms of overall dps, it creates an extreme unbalanced game play, the set is clearly broken as it isn't working as stated on it's tooltip. It was only a matter of time before it gets fixed. I personally wouldn't call this a nerf.

I don't run harness magicka + i'm light weaving because i can do it way faster. And even with 100% elemental drain uptime + pots i run out of magicka at the serpent short before my 2nd standard is ready.

As i said before, Molag Kena proccing while weaving is not intended but at the same time fixing it makes it useless because you won't gain any DPS when having to proc it with 2 consecutive light attacks. That's why it should stay the way it is now except it has to work with every weapon and skill.
    Magicka may be ahead of stamina atm but stamina dds profit even more from Molag Kena because of the medium armor agility passive.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag Kena is probably intended to be a burst dps set, for PvP. That's why it was added in the PvP patch. Still gonna be powerful, just not necessary in PvE-land.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on December 9, 2015 6:57PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add 1 or 2 pet bugs.
    The restoring twilight does no longer apply it's Minor Magicka regen buff, it just doesn't work anymore.
    And pet crit is currently much lower and is not synched with the casters crit chance.

Might have happened when Pet crit was accidentally higher than intended and now it's just lower, thanks to a code typo or so. Who knows :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is another thread here, but there are issues happening with heavy attacks right now. Particularly any heavy attacks you make one after the other when keeping the mouse button pressed down.

I have been playing my Templar a lot lately and I have been testing it out on their and been able to repeat and trigger the bug a lot.

I have actually found that I run into the bug if, I attempt to use Vampire's Bane and attack from a distance.
    More often then not, Vampire's Bane will misfire. It will show the beginning animation, but then won't follow through. Then, when I get within melee range, I can get off 1 heavy attack, but I will not get the next heavy attack follow through you get if you leave your button mouse pressed down. The animation completely stops and you have to release and press down the mouse button again. Otherwise you just stand there looking dumb.

So what I end up getting is attacks that look like this... Puncturing sweep... Puncturing sweep... heavy attack... stop..... puncturing sweep, vampire's bane... heavy attack... stop. Scramble, scramble, scramble for distance.. heal, heal.. puncturing sweep, puncturing sweep, puncturing sweep.. vampire bane, radiant destruction.

I also find this bug is most often happening on bosses of any kind. Quest bosses, World Bosses, Dungeon Bosses. So, it is really inconvenient and a pain to deal with.

I have had to ensure now that I don't use a ranged skill attack to start a fight, otherwise I end up with the bug.
    I did submit a ticket detailing what it was I was doing that would trigger the bug.

Has any one else determined what they do that triggers this bug?
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a video of Biting Jabs not working at all. New since last patch. Makes this character unplayable. https://youtu.be/9AZVu9aHfIE