[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4. You can not search any guild bank for anything under, Crafting->Clothier-> then the UI bugs out and always only searches Motifs. Can not search for any category under clothier except motifs.

I have tried it in numerous different guild stores. In numerous different regions always the same issue.

I think the search feature on consoles is messed up in general. I have wasted countless times trying to break down the search tree to something in general (IE - Crafting -> Alchemy -> Reagent) and have nothing show up but if I do a search on all I find that there were in fact lots of Reagents being sold on that Guild trader.
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to add wherever it's appropriate the issues with Break-Free as a separate and distinct issue? I and a lot of folks I run with have been noticing this for quite some time - you have plenty of Stamina, yet break-free does not work.

It may be related to the cc immunity issue (and I did not that you mentioned something about the break-free animation under the cc immunity point), as it seems to happen most often when you're getting hit with multiple cc's (be they roots, stuns, knockdowns, etc), but this really needs looking into above and beyond cc, as I've had it happen with only one cc applied and yet break-free still doesn't go off. I've also had it go off after several hits on the key (as opposed to just one).
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Regarding the issue with Molag Kena proccing, we were incorrect that this was something we couldn't reproduce (blame Monday?). This has been bugged internally, and we're working on a fix for it. Sorry for the confusion!

Looks like there's now going to be another useless undaunted 2pc bonus incoming. :( back to nerienith lol
    Ask yourself, would you rather a nice healthy game with minimal bugged sets, or builds running cheese builds all the time one shotting and what not?

I would rather a game with barely any combat bugs

@ZOS_GinaBruno was this regarding the shards on the molag kena fight or the molag kena 2pc?
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    Would it be possible to add wherever it's appropriate the issues with Break-Free as a separate and distinct issue? I and a lot of folks I run with have been noticing this for quite some time - you have plenty of Stamina, yet break-free does not work.

It may be related to the cc immunity issue (and I did not that you mentioned something about the break-free animation under the cc immunity point), as it seems to happen most often when you're getting hit with multiple cc's (be they roots, stuns, knockdowns, etc), but this really needs looking into above and beyond cc, as I've had it happen with only one cc applied and yet break-free still doesn't go off. I've also had it go off after several hits on the key (as opposed to just one).

I've got a feeling part of the permanent CC is am issue that ZOS doesn't want well documented since others will do it when the exact formula is figured out and there will be a lot of name& shaming.

That said, one way that most folks are familiar with is (and has been documented) is the ambush stun and fear combo. It's obvious the player is trying to do it, otherwise why use fear RIGHT after you used a stun. The chances to get caught by this is 50/50, depending how quick you use break free from the initial hit though it can be avoided. There are more, the DK invasion/talons combo used to be another, but few fun it now.
    Edited by HeroOfNone on December 8, 2015 4:43PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the issue with Molag Kena proccing, we were incorrect that this was something we couldn't reproduce (blame Monday?). This has been bugged internally, and we're working on a fix for it. Sorry for the confusion!

Looks like there's now going to be another useless undaunted 2pc bonus incoming. :( back to nerienith lol

Yep exactly. Molag Kena is useless if this get "fixed".
    It's just useless for dps then. Better clarify the tooltip to point out, that it procs on weaving or IF this nerf really happens, then increase its damage bonus to compensate. It will be still useless for dps then, because 2 consectuive foolish light attacks and you can go home with your DPS rotation.

But then it might at least be of use in pvp burst situations.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Ask yourself, would you rather a nice healthy game with minimal bugged sets, or builds running cheese builds all the time one shotting and what not?

@ZOS_GinaBruno was this regarding the shards on the molag kena fight or the molag kena 2pc?

With that ideology let's just get rid of animation cancelling all together then. That wasn't intended either, but has turned into normal gameplay. Is it the same for every skill? no...just like the kena proc. Is animation cancelling considered cheesing to you too?

I'd prefer we have more options than everyone sticking to one fotm build. Was this intended for the kena proc? no...but I'm not sure i'd go as far as "cheesing" or "one-shotting" anything. That may be an exaggeration for your point. This may of been a "unintentional" plus to the 2pc kena set bonus along the same lines as weaving is IMHO.

Edited by Cuyler on December 8, 2015 4:32PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was this the only typo in your original reply, can you check pls? :)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With that ideology let's just get rid of animation cancelling all together then. That wasn't intended either, but has turned into normal gameplay. Is it the same for every skill? no...just like the kena proc. Is animation cancelling considered cheesing to you too?

I'd prefer we have more options than everyone sticking to one fotm build. Was this intended for the kena proc? no...but I'm not sure i'd go as far as "cheesing" or "one-shotting" anything. That may be an exaggeration for your point. This may of been a "unintentional" plus to the 2pc kena set bonus along the same lines as weaving is IMHO.
    Is animation cancelling considered cheesing to you too?
    is that a serious question? Do I really need to answer this?
    the whole point of animation canceling is to cheese the combat system to get the most dps you can and to clip animations into others and cancel them out.

I believe they are also getting rid of animation canceling they mentioned it on an ESOLive they will redo the combat system, who knows how that's going. It was only being talked about. Remember not everyone can animation cancel only a very small percentage.

So yes, I'm all for fixing any type of combat bugs that there are, fixing Molag Kena doesn't make it "ruined' or "useless" it's simply putting it how it should have been, the set reads "two consecutive light attacks". Are you really going to be upset for ZOS fixing their game up? If so then I'm deeply concerned for some of the people in this community
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 8, 2015 4:42PM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the whole point of animation canceling is to cheese the combat system to get the most dps you can and to clip animations into others and cancel them out.

I believe they are also getting rid of animation canceling they mentioned it on an ESOLive they will redo the combat system, who knows how that's going. It was only being talked about. Remember not everyone can animation cancel only a very small percentage.

So yes, I'm all for fixing any type of combat bugs that there are, fixing Molag Kena doesn't make it "ruined' or "useless" it's simply putting it how it should have been, the set reads "two consecutive light attacks". Are you really going to be upset for ZOS fixing their game up?

Did they say it recently? Because it could be obsolete statement otherwise.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

So yes, I'm all for fixing any type of combat bugs that there are, fixing Molag Kena doesn't make it "ruined' or "useless" it's simply putting it how it should have been, the set reads "two consecutive light attacks". Are you really going to be upset for ZOS fixing their game up?

I think it was the ESOLive before Imperial City was out, can't remember exactly but I did hear they said they are looking into it
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

I think it was the ESOLive before Imperial City was out, can't remember exactly but I did hear they said they are looking into it

OK. My tip is - they look into it, realize they have no capability to do anything even if they wanted. Leave it alone.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yes, I'm all for fixing any type of combat bugs that there are, fixing Molag Kena doesn't make it "ruined' or "useless" it's simply putting it how it should have been, the set reads "two consecutive light attacks". Are you really going to be upset for ZOS fixing their game up? If so then I'm deeply concerned for some of the people in this community

Of course I want them to fix their game....what you're implying is I'm cheesing the game to get some advantage and I resent that, but I wasn't going to get hung up on that an instead tried to provide some semblance of an explanation why this could be useful.

First off, as is, the kena proc is not a game changer. It's not like the dps increase is soo significant it's required. That's my point. It is slightly better as is than nerienith for single target atm however.

My original comment was simply pointing out that there is no reason to run this 2pc bonus as it is intended after the fix and it's the newest, baddest, undaunted helm that everyone is supposed to want. IMO the itemization in this game has gone from bad to worse and THAT is concerning to me.

Again I'm just pointing out that this makes another set useless on top of the 100 other useless sets. And I use animation canceling as an example of how some unintended mechanics can turn out to ultimately be a good thing or adopted as such. If they are really working on fixing that, well...I won't hold my breath.
    Edited by Cuyler on December 8, 2015 5:16PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

It's just useless for dps then. Better clarify the tooltip to point out, that it procs on weaving or IF this nerf really happens, then increase its damage bonus to compensate. It will be still useless for dps then, because 2 consectuive foolish light attacks and you can go home with your DPS rotation.

does Sorc's overload light attacks proc it? never figured if they did or did not count as light attacks
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does Sorc's overload light attacks proc it? never figured if they did or did not count as light attacks

It does.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just poiting out that I want to see all bugs fixed no matter if I have an advantage of them or not. I want a working game. Once mechanics work correctly it is easier to balance them out and create a healthy and balanced endgame. And that is the ultimate goal. I'm really sorry if fixing bugs destroys something you are using but you're simply gaining an advantage because of a bug. We should not be selfish here.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Just poiting out that I want to see all bugs fixed no matter if I have an advantage of them or not. I want a working game. Once mechanics work correctly it is easier to balance them out and create a healthy and balanced endgame. And that is the ultimate goal. I'm really sorry if fixing bugs destroys something you are using but you're simply gaining an advantage because of a bug. We should not be selfish here.

All you want, is to see stamina DPS on top of the world again ;)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see balance and that's it. Same chances for everybody.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see balance and that's it. Same chances for everybody.

Just trolling <3
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated! Thanks to everyone helping once again!

Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    @Xantaria, you still didn't update it with the fact you get out of every map with very little effort and that they really need to work on their walling: Playlist
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    @Xantaria, you still didn't update it with the fact you get out of every map with very little effort and that they really need to work on their walling: Playlist

@Sharmony
    I've done this aswell ... a lot in Sanctum for example. (You can use the Manti Knockup to get into textures above you aswell as use ravage health potions when you jump down the bridge for example to kill yourself before environment kills you to be able to resurrect down there.) But I'm wondering if this is a problem? Because you still need to DO something to get out of the map. (I know there are rare cases where you can get knocked into textures etc. But I guess they would have to rewrite their whole airblock interactions to fix this.) I Think exploring is a lovely thing and never considered it as a bug or exploit. I loved to do this in many games. It's just you checking out the textures with no gain for you and no harm done to anybody. Also It's a completely different issue from the other bugs. It's not affecting your everyday gameplay. Well I don't know. If people think that this is a real problem I'll put it on there.
    Edited by Xantaria on December 9, 2015 11:50AM

Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd love if they found a way to eliminate (or at least make useless) animation canceling, along with macro-ing.

Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't add anything for bolt escape. We've all been complaining about this since 1.7...

Basically here is the text:

Prior to 1.7 forward momentum was maintained after using bolt escape. After 1.7 all forward moment is lost when the bolt escape animation is complete and you are forced to a complete stop as if you've hit an invisible brick wall.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

You didn't add anything for bolt escape. We've all been complaining about this since 1.7...

Prior to 1.7 forward momentum was maintained after using bolt escape. After 1.7 all forward moment is lost when the bolt escape animation is complete and you are forced to a complete stop as if you've hit an invisible brick wall.

They probably wanted to get rid of the forward momentum. Pretty sure that was their intention. It looks very bad now and you slide superslow to the ground so they messed that up I guess. It's uestionable if they will recognize this as a bug though but I'll add it.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love if they found a way to eliminate (or at least make useless) animation canceling, along with macro-ing.

Nobody is Macroing and I really hope people will stop believing this crap everybody screams as an excuse for getting killed by a superior player that is used to animation cancelling.

Macroing in this game is not used by good players because they know how unreliable it is. On their current potato megaservers there is no way to execute macros reliably. It also takes away your ability to react to stuff.

Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

They probably wanted to get rid of the forward momentum. Pretty sure that was their intention. It looks very bad now and you slide superslow to the ground so they messed that up I guess. It's uestionable if they will recognize this as a bug though but I'll add it.

I agree that it is questionable whether or not this was intended and if that is the case I would still like to know. They also remained quiet for a long time about frags not procing on Streak, but they ended up calling it a bug and eventually fixed it.

To be honest, if you can dodge roll or jump off of a cliff and maintain forward momentum, I do not understand why bolt escape would be intended to be a mid air self root in that same situation, because that's exactly what it is right now, and that's broken.

Edited by Xeven on December 9, 2015 3:59PM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody is Macroing and I really hope people will stop believing this crap everybody screams as an excuse for getting killed by a superior player that is used to animation cancelling.

Macroing in this game is not used by good players because they know how unreliable it is. On their current potato megaservers there is no way to execute macros reliably. It also takes away your ability to react to stuff.
    People seem to forget that really there isn't much people animation canceling these days, the top players left the game. So what is left of them is a small percentage, majority of the new guys don't do it. Most of our builds just consist of bar swap animation canceling anyway
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:44PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember not everyone can animation cancel only a very small percentage.
    Thank you for saying this, now maybe us folks who can NOT animation cancel / weave will be acknowledged.
    Honestly it's something that takes a lot of practice, you do it for so long that it just happens naturally. you probably do it by accident when you swap bars believe me, it's not as popular as it once was.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Xantaria.
    Options