[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read all 12 pages, but I didn't see this one in the op.

My nb has just finished Coldharbour after doing the Mages Guild questline so she has Eidetic Memory. Every single book, letter or scrap of paper I interact with triggers the "Lorebook Discovered" banner and sound effect. If that's the workaround for some missing books with Eidetic Memory, it's a very annoying one.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp every gap closer holds the target in place for a split second except Ambush. Also you can interrupt Ambush, not only because it has a delay cast time but while mid flight.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    I didn't read all 12 pages, but I didn't see this one in the op.

My nb has just finished Coldharbour after doing the Mages Guild questline so she has Eidetic Memory. Every single book, letter or scrap of paper I interact with triggers the "Lorebook Discovered" banner and sound effect. If that's the workaround for some missing books with Eidetic Memory, it's a very annoying one.

Its a know issue introduced with IC. They are working on it, but prob should be included.

Umm.. cant find the quote on it.. maybe they mentioned it in ESO Live.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clouding Swarm Bugged

With the changes to how vampirism works and the passives not working unless a skill or bat swarm is slotted from the skill line it is paramount that the 2 skills and 1 ultimate work as they should be.

Please let us know someone has been notified about it. Just to clarify again:
    • Mark target allows you to be seen by everyone in clouding swarm - been that way since 1.6 [Bug?]
    • Single target attacks still hit you in clouding swarm by both players and NPC - This was never the case before
    • Single target attacks that have knock backs can completely knock you out of invis status in clouding swarm and looks like you are in devouring swarm.

Thank you for looking into this and hope to hear that it is indeed being checked on.

@Xantaria This was missed in your update today. It was posted after Ginas last reply.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 28, 2015 12:38AM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria you can add this as well with the mist form bug ...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166492/mist-form-75-dmg-mitigation-bugged-radiant-destruction/p1

Along with my previous post about clouding swarm being bugged as well.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xantaria, you might want to add this one to the list concerning the NB skill "Mirage" from the Assasination skill line:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220386/is-the-nb-assasination-skill-mirage-broken

Need to have some others test it to make sure, but it sure seems like a borked skill to me.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe also add the "stuck in combat for much longer than necessary" bug to the list. ZOS knows about it, but wouldn't hurt to list it, so this bug won't have to survive the 2 year mark.

Struggle daily with that one... if I'd be playing on console, I would have broken so many windows by throwing my controller through it due to that one.

This one even survives through death... was standing in front of the Cyrodiil quest NPC to turn in my Kill X quest, tried to switch to my training gear with Wykkid Outfitter and couldn't because.... I WAS IN-COMBAT... took 2 minutes of waiting for it to drop for a split second.. then after turning in the quest, couldn't switch back, because.. I WAS IN-COMBAT again.

Recently been thinking of keeping a diary of frustration events when playing ESO.. but doubt I'd have enough paper (or diskspace) :-)
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant see it in the list: "Soul Lock" passive is not filling soul gems (1/2 SP assigned)

Yes it does. See alot in here thats false. Stop updating this. Your posting false reports of all hear say.
    @RatedChaotic get off mate. im reporting a bug that affects me and does not work not damn hear say. its a PS4 bug and just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for me.

I'll make a video if you want but leave off disputing something i've tested and claim im stating hearsay everything i report i test myself.

its not working on PS4 for me. i have killed around 200-500 mobs with my 50 still empty soul gems.whether its V16 in IC or V11 as a V13 in craglorn. or even in other lower VR areas. all 50 are still empty. IT DOES NOT WORK! id accept if the 5% was 1% or 0.1% not that i can be certain if i have to count 1000 mobs. but it doesn't work at all for me.
    Edited by willymchilybily on September 28, 2015 12:32PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • EDS604
    EDS604
    ✭✭✭
    often i will get stuck in cursor mode. i have no idea what makes this happen. have to press the "." button to get out, but when closing a dialog i get back in cursos mode again. need to relog for this to end.
    PC EU, Guildleader of "Death By Gargoyle".
    Options
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    According to Alcast -> video: one of the fighters guild trap morph is buged, might be another as well...
    Options
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant see it in the list: "Soul Lock" passive is not filling soul gems (1/2 SP assigned)

Yes it does. See alot in here thats false. Stop updating this. Your posting false reports of all hear say.
    @RatedChaotic get off mate. im reporting a bug that affects me and does not work not damn hear say. its a PS4 bug and just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for me.

I'll make a video if you want but leave off disputing something i've tested and claim im stating hearsay everything i report i test myself.

its not working on PS4 for me. i have killed around 200-500 mobs with my 50 still empty soul gems.whether its V16 in IC or V11 as a V13 in craglorn. or even in other lower VR areas. all 50 are still empty. IT DOES NOT WORK! id accept if the 5% was 1% or 0.1% not that i can be certain if i have to count 1000 mobs. but it doesn't work at all for me.

Post video proof is all I ask. I mean its really easy to say this and that is broken. Nothing was directed to you. Sry.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun Fire and it's morphs (templar) don't apply snare on enemy playes. This issue also happens with Crippling Grasp (Nightblade)
    Edited by Ashamray on September 29, 2015 7:24AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Panth141 wrote: »
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I didn't see this written in the bugged skills you listed. Shooting Star (Meteor morph) seems to have lost its animation. This is something I could reproduce 100% of the time both in and out of Cyrodiil. Went back to using Ice Comet but I am sure that this will be exploited and definitely needs a fix. (PS4 NA)

@Xantaria Can confirm this - no SS animation, ground effect appears then the knockback occurs. I've been on the receiving end of this too - it seemed to momentarily lag me out whilst the animation was supposed to be playing.

Are you sure that was not a reflected meteor? for those it is normal ... on the first reflect you can kinda see it but it looks weird, when it gets reflected again (skills can be reflected twice at max) it will bug out completely and exactly what you just described will happen.

Absolutely certain it isn't a reflect - experienced in both PvE and PvP, 100% of the time. No SS drop indicator, the ground turns blue and then they get the knockback - I'd recommend trying it out, it's a little amusing the first few times.

EDIT: PS4, btw

EDIT2:

Okay, I just went to record an example of this and it worked perfectly - either this has been fixed (?) or it is only an issue with Shooting Star rank 1- mine had just gone up to rank 2. Can anyone with it at rank 1 check this please?

Final edit (honest):

Found an example in my capture gallery - this was at rank 1. You can see that I use SS and the animation doesn't play properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpj8eH_CHW0
    Edited by Panth141 on September 29, 2015 9:38AM
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭

Post video proof is all I ask. I mean its really easy to say this and that is broken. Nothing was directed to you. Sry.

PS4 has 14 minute long videos, how many mobs do you wish me to kill in 14 minutes with no greater soul gem being filled?
    20 should fill one on average. Would 40 suffice or do you need 200 or something daft in the 14 minutes.

PS. the fact you think I'm either lying or stupid is directed at me sir. when you quote me it is directed at me. I have 4 empty soul gems from friday and ranked up from VR14 to VR16 in IC and unlocked a dark ether and a bone shard chest. And have only ran in groups of 4 or less. (mostly 2 man), and have 13k stones. and you know what else i have .... 4 empty soul gems.

but if the public demands video evidence i shall do my best if i can upload it to FB at that file size then import it to vimeo.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry had a quick look through the last few pages, couldn't find it.

Is anyone on Xbox (or PS4) having an issue hearing any form of voice chat in game? My zone chat is on since the patch, and I see the small gamertag/name popup in the bottom right corner when a player is talking. But no sound. I have in game sound, I hear voice in all other games- but not ESO voice chat.

It was working perfectly fine until the day the game patched. The game was already lacking with no text chat, now with no voice, it just feels even more hollow.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so has it been discussed as a potential bug that could be listed in this thread? Or is it some kind of isolated case, and I'm just unlucky.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Maybe also add the "stuck in combat for much longer than necessary" bug to the list. ZOS knows about it, but wouldn't hurt to list it, so this bug won't have to survive the 2 year mark.

Struggle daily with that one... if I'd be playing on console, I would have broken so many windows by throwing my controller through it due to that one.

This one even survives through death... was standing in front of the Cyrodiil quest NPC to turn in my Kill X quest, tried to switch to my training gear with Wykkid Outfitter and couldn't because.... I WAS IN-COMBAT... took 2 minutes of waiting for it to drop for a split second.. then after turning in the quest, couldn't switch back, because.. I WAS IN-COMBAT again.

Recently been thinking of keeping a diary of frustration events when playing ESO.. but doubt I'd have enough paper (or diskspace) :-)

They said to me that they know about the issue of being still infight after dying but that everything else related to staying in combat is intended.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria Just a thought mate. Maybe you could add along side or below each bug the status as far as we know from ZOS. i.e.e Acknowledged, being worked on, fixed, etc...

Not sure how much info @ZOS_RichLambert is feeding back to you?

CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166492/mist-form-75-dmg-mitigation-bugged-radiant-destruction/p1

hmm hmm after watching that thread I saw that Zenimax already took notice of it but tbh I'm not sure if there is something bugged.

Same kinda goes for the clouding sawrm ... single target attacks still hitting you makes sense when they were initiated before you went into your swarm. Mark target working on you in Clouding Swarm, I honestly don't know wether this is intended or not. I added the issue with the knockback attacks being able to knock you out of the invisibility granted by Clouding Swarm.
    Thank you!
    Edited by Xantaria on September 29, 2015 1:22PM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    @Xantaria Just a thought mate. Maybe you could add along side or below each bug the status as far as we know from ZOS. i.e.e Acknowledged, being worked on, fixed, etc...

Not sure how much info @ZOS_RichLambert is feeding back to you?

Good Suggestion, I'm not that much in contact with Rich and I'm only contacting him directly when I gain knowledge of something incredibly gamebreaking. But Gina commented on a lot of the issues so I should be able to put a status there. It will just take a bit of time as my real life is kinda chaotic right now. :) A lot of work, moving to a different place and more.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 29, 2015 1:21PM

Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

hmm hmm after watching that thread I saw that Zenimax already took notice of it but tbh I'm not sure if there is something bugged.

Same kinda goes for the clouding sawrm ... single target attacks still hitting you makes sense when they were initiated before you went into your swarm. Mark target working on you in Clouding Swarm, I honestly don't know wether this is intended or not. I added the issue with the knockback attacks being able to knock you out of the invisibility granted by Clouding Swarm.
    Thank you!

Zenimax took note of the issue several months ago but they haven't said anything since then. Since this thread is a compendium of all current bugs, and all of the issues I listed were never the case prior to this update minus the mark target which I'm sure was overlooked by Zos. Please add clouding swarm and mist form to the list, AOE was the only way before hand to take dmg in clouding swarm as you are in fact invis and are not able to actually be targeted.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 29, 2015 2:07PM
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭

PS4 has 14 minute long videos, how many mobs do you wish me to kill in 14 minutes with no greater soul gem being filled?
    20 should fill one on average. Would 40 suffice or do you need 200 or something daft in the 14 minutes.

PS. the fact you think I'm either lying or stupid is directed at me sir. when you quote me it is directed at me. I have 4 empty soul gems from friday and ranked up from VR14 to VR16 in IC and unlocked a dark ether and a bone shard chest. And have only ran in groups of 4 or less. (mostly 2 man), and have 13k stones. and you know what else i have .... 4 empty soul gems.

but if the public demands video evidence i shall do my best if i can upload it to FB at that file size then import it to vimeo.

Video?
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have a clue as to the stamina drain bug (or exploit)?

Basically you enter combat versus another player.. don't do anything different than you normally do... look down and you are out of stamina.

PS it's mostly (as far as I can tell, I don't have a realistic way of noting what makes my stamina disappear) dks that do this to you.
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Charging Maneuver / Rapid Maneuver (Assault): @stevenbennett_ESO : For some characters/players, correctly buffs walking/running speed, but has no effect on mounted speed. More likely to happen on characters below VR1, but I've seen reports of it on some veteran chars as well. More likely to happen with unmorphed Rank I Rapid Maneuver, but I've seen reports of it at other ranks and morphs. Happens regardless of mount speed training (I've seen it with 0% and others have seen it at 60%). Happens both in PvE areas and Cyrodiil. 100% reproducible on characters it happens with. There are several threads reporting it (here, here, and here), including one from August back on the PTS (here). And I made a video demonstrating it: Video EDIT (2.1.6): Still people have issues with this!

@Xantaria Retreating Maneuvers is also not working as intended, because we're still being stunned while it's up, despite its tooltip claim.
    C6Wn39m.png
    PQV1cPZ.png
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charging Maneuver / Rapid Maneuver (Assault): @stevenbennett_ESO : For some characters/players, correctly buffs walking/running speed, but has no effect on mounted speed. More likely to happen on characters below VR1, but I've seen reports of it on some veteran chars as well. More likely to happen with unmorphed Rank I Rapid Maneuver, but I've seen reports of it at other ranks and morphs. Happens regardless of mount speed training (I've seen it with 0% and others have seen it at 60%). Happens both in PvE areas and Cyrodiil. 100% reproducible on characters it happens with. There are several threads reporting it (here, here, and here), including one from August back on the PTS (here). And I made a video demonstrating it: Video EDIT (2.1.6): Still people have issues with this!

@Xantaria Retreating Maneuvers is also not working as intended, because we're still being stunned while it's up, despite its tooltip claim.
    C6Wn39m.png
    PQV1cPZ.png

This is a very difficult problem ... charge abilities / gap closers with the exception of the nightblade gap closer lock you in place for a short duration ... I don't think this is defined as a stun / root / snare by Zenimax.

So I'm not sure how to report this issue.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 30, 2015 2:47PM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry had a quick look through the last few pages, couldn't find it.

Is anyone on Xbox (or PS4) having an issue hearing any form of voice chat in game? My zone chat is on since the patch, and I see the small gamertag/name popup in the bottom right corner when a player is talking. But no sound. I have in game sound, I hear voice in all other games- but not ESO voice chat.

It was working perfectly fine until the day the game patched. The game was already lacking with no text chat, now with no voice, it just feels even more hollow.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so has it been discussed as a potential bug that could be listed in this thread? Or is it some kind of isolated case, and I'm just unlucky.

If this was a general problem there would be more talk about it. I recommend asking technical support for help.

Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting hit 13-15k damage from one single Camoflage Hunter, when attacked from sneak. This is new to me in 2.1.

Also many guildies reporting the same. Even heard about people being hit for 30k with one Camoflage Hunter.

I really dont dont if bug or actual exploit. Maybe not obeying Battle Spirit or something messed up with the sneak bonus? Normally that proc does around 3-5k dmg in PvP.

Regardless, sure as hell cant be indented that a proc does more dmg than any ultimate or single target hard hitter lol.
    Options
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Getting hit 13-15k damage from one single Camoflage Hunter, when attacked from sneak. This is new to me in 2.1.

Also many guildies reporting the same. Even heard about people being hit for 30k with one Camoflage Hunter.

I really dont dont if bug or actual exploit. Maybe not obeying Battle Spirit or something messed up with the sneak bonus? Normally that proc does around 3-5k dmg in PvP.

Regardless, sure as hell cant be indented that a proc does more dmg than any ultimate or single target hard hitter lol.

I'm pretty sure you are getting hit by a glass cannon that crits and procs at the same time. It can totally happen. A 100% fix for this is not to be a Vamp (or WW).
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you are getting hit by a glass cannon that crits and procs at the same time. It can totally happen. A 100% fix for this is not to be a Vamp (or WW).

I dont think so, not when the players Focus Aim from sneak only does standard sneak dmg, like 8-9k. Than a 15k Camoflage Hunter out of nowhere, doing way more dmg than the actual sneak attack. No weapon power stacking in the world can get a skill proc to do such numbers, with Battle Spirit in place, unless some mechanic or calculation is of.

Fighters Guild skills have a long history of being bugged after pretty much every major patch.
    Options