Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug for Lord Warden dusk (doesnt matter hard mode or not)
    If you push the boss to 65% after he the first time you have to jump into the portal but before he can spawn a portal after you fall back down he will go into shade phase with 0 portals up. After shade phase he will go back to doing his normal mechanics but will only spawn 1 portal before doing his one shot ability meaning that only 2 people can get into the portal and the other 2 people are guaranteed to die. Have had this happen 2 times now.
    twitch.tv/asneakybanana/v/17815385
    Theres a video of it happening on 9/26.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see this written in the bugged skills you listed. Shooting Star (Meteor morph) seems to have lost its animation. This is something I could reproduce 100% of the time both in and out of Cyrodiil. Went back to using Ice Comet but I am sure that this will be exploited and definitely needs a fix. (PS4 NA)
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of stuff on my mind but I will update with all the new reports later this day! Thank you so much for contributing!
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not sure if this was mentioned before but I coundnt find it in the OP.

Swords doesnt work like they used to when using dual wield.
    Twin Blade and Blunt;
    Each Sword equipped increases the damage of your weapon attacks by 2.5%

For testing reasons, I went naked with 2 white V14 dagger and 2 white V14 swords.
    My Weapon Damage with Daggers (both 1013 damage): 1810
    My Weapon Damage with Swords (both 1013 damage): 1870

Flying Blade Normal Hit / Crit
    Daggers: 3848 / 6542
    Swords: 3903 / 6636

You see, in my testing swords did only 1,43% more damage than daggers and that is due to the increased Weapon Damage we mysteriously get from equipping swords ( 60 more in my testing ).
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one seems to have mentioned the crafting bug:

Every time you craft items and then switch the item type (eg. first craft a chest then switch to pants), then the second item type you switch to has a different material counter.

You will usually encouter this every time you do a high level crafting writ, where you don't change the base material cost and craft several different items.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeckll, the calculation for Twin Blade and Blunt has changed to only increasing the weapon/spell damage component of swords by 5%. Let me explain this in more detail. The weapon damage from dual wielding daggers is 1215 (=1013*1.2). But for swords it is 1276 (=1013*1.2*1.05). Which is a difference of 61 weapon damage thus your weapon damage only increased from 1810 to 1870.
    Edited by Asayre on September 26, 2015 2:02PM
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not an important bug, but just for completeness' sake: Just saw that my character still moved his lips when his horse is neighing. Known issue for almost 4 months now... Response from Gina from June 5 on the topic:
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports! Just wanted to let you all know that we're looking into this.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »
    @Jeckll, the calculation for Twin Blade and Blunt has changed to only increasing the weapon/spell damage component of swords by 5%. Let me explain this in more detail. The weapon damage from dual wielding daggers is 1215 (=1013*1.2). But for swords it is 1276 (=1013*1.2*1.05). Which is a difference of 61 weapon damage thus your weapon damage only increased from 1810 to 1870.

Yeah, I thought so but woundnt you say it's a bug as the tooltip clearly indicates something else and the way it its now, sword is way worse than dagger/mace. Combined with the axe issue, that limits the choice a weapons quite a bit.
    Options
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its forum posts like these that get the nerf hammer going. This game will be nerfed to the point to where its like Destiny.
    Edited by RatedChaotic on September 26, 2015 3:20PM
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox One NA server, load times into RivenSpire are incredibly long. I'm over 15 minutes wait time right now. Then once you get in theres so much lag. But go into a delve or dungeon and theres hardly any wait time for the load and no lag.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its forum posts like these that get the nerf hammer going. This game will be nerfed to the point to where its like Destiny.

Stop talking. There is nothing posted in this thread that is even mentioning nerfing things. Pretty much everything posted in this thread actually needs fixing.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, @Xantaria nice work and grtz on the shout out on ESO Live yesterday.
    Kaliki wrote: »
    Not an important bug, but just for completeness' sake: Just saw that my character still moved his lips when his horse is neighing. Known issue for almost 4 months now... Response from Gina from June 5 on the topic:
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports! Just wanted to let you all know that we're looking into this.

Yeah.. your character actually still yells when you jump on your mount too. I didnt realize its been since June 5th tho. Sigh.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    There are serious issues when it comes to loading screens and characters being fully loaded.

This is happening in ALL zones on the PC.

When loading in, I am finding I may either by not fully loaded or it is just a really bad bug.

Once loaded in, if you move you immediately get taken to a second or sometimes third quick loading screens. There is a 50/50 chance for each secondary loading screen to be harmless, but when it's not, it is actually porting your character into the sky somewhere where you fall to your death.

In Auridon, if you log in near the Clothier Survey and move you are teleported into the middle of the Auridon Ocean for the Slaughterfish to have at you.

In Banrokai, you get frequent little load screens everywhere. If you load into the Fighter's Guild Building there are times that you are ported into the air and then just appear outside behind the building instead.

In the first zone for EP, there are times when I will be ported a few miles above the wayshrine, despite having logged out in the stables, only to fall to my death.

There are frequent times when you are just playing and running alone, even in the sewers where you are suddenly put into a loading screen. This is highly detrimental to a person's character, especially in IC.

ZOS, this type of quality and the number of bugs, especially near game breaking ones that you have created with IC is unprofessional and unacceptable for any one who has had to PAY for IC or Subscriptions. Are you purposely killing your own game?

This can happen all over.

It can cause players to stop dead in their tracks while the game loads around them. It can also cause players to phase into or through objects that were not loaded quickly enough.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power overload doesn't seem to be granting the 6% bonus damage. If you use overload or energy overload, when you go from your normal bar to the overload bar the tooltip value of overload increases by 3% (make sure to have identical normal and overload bars to take into account the Expert Mage passive) but there is no 6% increase when Power overload is used.

Damage testing on Giants in The Rift shows that the tooltip value is accurate (when Elemental Expert and Energized are taken into account, irrespective of which overload morph is used.
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana ,

Is it possible that the types of DOTs that trigger a Valkyn activation has changed?

Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The speed bug that is documented as happening when you sprint over your caltrops also happens when I use boundless storm (major expedition) on my caltrops.

There is also a slow bug that consignes you to snare speed, sometimes taking damage from an enemy fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Don't know what causes it but have had it 3 times and seen others complain in zone about it. It's really annoying only being able to move at super-snare speed, even with speed buffs.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana ,

Is it possible that the types of DOTs that trigger a Valkyn activation has changed?

Idk. Ran the exact same bar setup and ever since a couple days ago I noticed it was proccing more normally running the exact same bar setups.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rending Slashes does not correctly apply Weapon Enchants.
    Enchants tested:
    Rage - does not proc on main or offhand
    Crushing - does not proc on main or offhand
    Frozen - does proc on offhand, not on mainhand
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerfed? We all want a balanced game. How can you balance a game when mechanics are not working correctly? You need to have a solid base with everything working as intended to then balance it out nicely. If you balance something and then fix a bug related to it it will become unbalanced again ...

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power overload doesn't seem to be granting the 6% bonus damage. If you use overload or energy overload, when you go from your normal bar to the overload bar the tooltip value of overload increases by 3% (make sure to have identical normal and overload bars to take into account the Expert Mage passive) but there is no 6% increase when Power overload is used.

Damage testing on Giants in The Rift shows that the tooltip value is accurate (when Elemental Expert and Energized are taken into account, irrespective of which overload morph is used.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    First off, @Xantaria nice work and grtz on the shout out on ESO Live yesterday.
    Kaliki wrote: »

Yeah.. your character actually still yells when you jump on your mount too. I didnt realize its been since June 5th tho. Sigh.

Thank you! Sadly I couldn't watch, so I only heard that I got a shoutout from Rich :blush:

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

Yeah, I thought so but woundnt you say it's a bug as the tooltip clearly indicates something else and the way it its now, sword is way worse than dagger/mace. Combined with the axe issue, that limits the choice a weapons quite a bit.

It also doesn't make that much sense ... they tried to make the damage gain for the different weapons similar to avoid limiting the choice ... for example 10% crit from wielding 2 daggers exactly equals 5% more damage from 2 swords when you have 150% critical multiplier. So I also don't see a reason for ZOS to change it to increase Weapon damage only. Although, for Werewolves (a lot of multipliers on Weapon Damage) this change might be interesting,

Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I didn't see this written in the bugged skills you listed. Shooting Star (Meteor morph) seems to have lost its animation. This is something I could reproduce 100% of the time both in and out of Cyrodiil. Went back to using Ice Comet but I am sure that this will be exploited and definitely needs a fix. (PS4 NA)

@Xantaria Can confirm this - no SS animation, ground effect appears then the knockback occurs. I've been on the receiving end of this too - it seemed to momentarily lag me out whilst the animation was supposed to be playing.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this thread is more for "pure fight" issues but still... The boards that are supposed to give daily crafting writs in Eldenroot tree still aren't working (They're not interactive). It's a true ennoyance (especially with the long loading screens) to have to travel back and forth to Belkarth just to get your daily writs.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    [*] Molag Kena in WGT (Dungeon): Mac clients seem to always crash when Molag Kena starts up his cycling wall of lightning.
    Happens on PC as well, especially on low-end systems. Lowering graphics settings and restarting the client seem to solve this issue.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not specific enough for this list, but I would say that ALL lightning effects cause performance issues (unless the client if a really high-end graphic card, maybe). I have performance issues (freeze, FPS drops, etc...) in ALL lightning-heavy instances (Darkshade caverns, Crypt of hearts...)
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 27, 2015 12:50PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

@Xantaria Can confirm this - no SS animation, ground effect appears then the knockback occurs. I've been on the receiving end of this too - it seemed to momentarily lag me out whilst the animation was supposed to be playing.

Are you sure that was not a reflected meteor? for those it is normal ... on the first reflect you can kinda see it but it looks weird, when it gets reflected again (skills can be reflected twice at max) it will bug out completely and exactly what you just described will happen.

Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Panth141 wrote: »

Are you sure that was not a reflected meteor? for those it is normal ... on the first reflect you can kinda see it but it looks weird, when it gets reflected again (skills can be reflected twice at max) it will bug out completely and exactly what you just described will happen.

Past couple days I've been noticing rubber banding from shooting star on pc. Could be me lagging but it's as described seeing the ground effect then you get the knock back later but sometimes it will warp you back to the spot of the ground effect. I haven't noticed the missing animation though.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see this one the list:
    Some wayshrine markers aren't appearing on the compass.
    Options
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    travelling with wayshrines or logging in often throws you out of the map. Sometimes you end up stuck inside a roof of a building, below ground, stuck inside the wayshrine etc. Ends with death or a new loading screen.

This is a common bug that me and my friends get daily.

Back in the days it occured a few times now and then, but was seemingly fixed in 1.6 or whatever. Now after IC it is back, and way more frequent then before.

Another thing that must be a bug is the fact that there is no consistency when it comes to XP gain from dungeons, mostly the non-vet ones. Wayrest sewers can give you 2,5 level of XP when ur lvl 40 or so, while many of the other ones give like maybe 20% of a level. (counting mobs, not counting the XP gained from completing quest). Some mobs even grant 0 XP in some dungeons.
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this thread is more for "pure fight" issues but still... The boards that are supposed to give daily crafting writs in Eldenroot tree still aren't working (They're not interactive). It's a true ennoyance (especially with the long loading screens) to have to travel back and forth to Belkarth just to get your daily writs.

Are you AD? if not, know that you can only get writs from your own faction, so EP and DC chars cant get writs in Eldon.

However.. may as well add this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2292930/#Comment_2292930

Basically, the trophys in the sewers are leveled to the character who gets them. So a level 10 char loots a Dark Ether, it wont stack with one looted by a VR1 and NEITHER will stack with a Dark Ether looted by a VR16. Be curious to see how the vault door views them tho.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options