Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• hazune
    hazune
    ✭✭✭
    Polska Gildia - Ebonheart pact
    XENOTAVERN
    xenotavern.com
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, regarding my last post on page 14, I've discovered that Trophies aren't stacking properly in general. Also confirmed by 5+ others in-game.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria

I've just discovered another bug which I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, and keep in mind that I'm on ps4 so I don't know if it applies to Xbox/PC too.

When you loot a Trophy from Imperial City mobs on a low level character, they won't stack properly even when you use the 'stack all items' button. I put them in my bank and withdrew them on my main character who has like 26 Dark Ether for example, and there's 2 Dark Ether out of place that just won't stack at all.

When I click options on the individual Dark Ether, there is no 'split stack' option so I deleted them. My 26 Dark Ether still stand though, but I just thought that was strange... I even relogged and everything.

Ive had this myself with trading where the traded stack remained separate and i couldnt get them to stack, my character was VR16, but it wasnt such a problem, I pretty much spent the trophies instantly.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I just read the patch notes for 2.1.8. Almost no fixes from this list in there. With your comments in this thread in mind, is it really true that "Fixed in next update" means we have to wait for any of these problems to be solved with the Orsinium update? We really have to wait 3 months before you fix at least some of the broken content, skills and such? Increasing a duration from 30 seconds to 35 seconds as in one of the confirmed bugs takes THREE MONTHS?
    You can't be serious.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xantaria I think you can add unreliable CC immunity to the list. Sometimes I get CCed twice in a row right after CC breaking. I dont know if this is caused by specific skills but its really annoying to be constantly CCed. Many guild mates have the same issue in pvp.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hazune wrote: »

@hazune
    This thread got removed it seems. I guess it was about an exploit. You can PM me with info if you want.
    Edited by Xantaria on October 6, 2015 1:00PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Thought I'd bring this here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SAT0rLNhwk

Wings have been broken for quite a while, this is nothing new, but I'd love if they could become reliable again

@Xantaria
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Thought I'd bring this here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SAT0rLNhwk

Wings have been broken for quite a while, this is nothing new, but I'd love if they could become reliable again

@Xantaria

Thank you!

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria

1. The damage bonus that puncturing sweep gets on the nearest target isn't not applying against damage shields.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220848/puncturing-sweep-biting-jabs-currently-bugged-please-fix
    2. Additionally, Radiant destruction doesn't get the bonus damage against shielded targets either.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 8, 2015 10:45PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think i know/have a clue that might discover why Soul lock isn't working,

My DK has the passive, but doesnt get active effect on character screen
    92k2k24.jpg
    tLvCSeg.jpg

And yet my khajitt without the soul lock passive appears to have the active soul siphon effect
    JI8Zdzu.jpg
    8lePdGI.jpg
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS broke Selenes Web (what a surprise!)

-Selene's first form can't be taunted at all. No matter how many times I hit her with Pierce Armor/Inner Rage, I kept getting the "Target is immune" message over and over. I was the only one doing it.
    -Same thing with phase 2.
    -Selene's minions are breaking through CC immunity with Uppercut, and can't be targeted at all.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trap beast isn't giving minor force buff on use or activation on ps4
    Edited by willymchilybily on October 11, 2015 11:46AM
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap beast isn't giving minor force buff on use or activation on ps4

Should be intended (as it was causing some issues with this skill) and will be fixed in a future update. I think it is alreadyy fixed on PC.

• Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    @ Xantaria:
    Me and some others experience a very weird issue not being able to progress in the Fighters-/Magesguild skillline anymore.
    Maybe you can add this one in your list too? There is no official statement about this issue yet and the customer support is no help at all.

Here is the thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221681/bug-not-able-to-unlock-dawnbreaker-can-not-progress-in-the-fighters-guild-skillline-anymore#latest

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

/bug reported that months ago, no acknowledgement or fix from ZO$
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • autoexec
    autoexec
    ✭✭
    Alot of this stuff isn`t even fixed with Orsinium, which will bring a whole list of new problems.

Amateur hour at its finest.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xantaria My friend and I both have this permanent bug on our alt characters at the moment. See my thread here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223413/werewolf-bite-bug-perma-broken-char-multiple-devour-active-effects-cannot-get-sanies-lupinus#latest

It has no replies at all...

Basically, you cannot be bitten by a werewolf at a lower level, and your character will instead get loads of "Devour" active effects, rather than Sanies. And you apparently can never get rid of these effects, your character is broken forever and can never get bitten, the only option is deleting the character as it is permanently bugged.

EDIT

@SilentRaven1972 found a way to fix this bug, it is rather specific, but can confirm it works and is not a permanent bug.

You must allow your character to die, and the spammed "Devour" active effects will disappear, you then have to remove all items from your character, anything equipped, and then get bitten again, and you should then receive Sanies Lupinus correctly.
    Edited by Glaiceana on October 11, 2015 10:49PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freeze on Login

This issue occurs while the game is in Fullscreen (NOT Windowed Fullscreen) during the loading screen after selecting a character to play as. What has been the only trigger for this is alt-tabbing during this specific load screen for any degree of time at any point once the loading screen has begun and before it ends.

[Itemized] Steps to reproduce:
    1. Set window to "Fullscreen," not "Fullscreen (Windowed)"
    2. Select a character to play
    3. During the loading screen alt-tab
    4. The game should freeze at about the time the loading screen would normally finish

The game freeze prevents alt-tabbing as the window is stuck on the top layer of the screen. This makes the only client-side fix a hard restart/reboot of the computer. No files are damaged but due to the game window being stuck on the top layer the Task Manager cannot be used to force quit ESO.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Howl
    Howl
    ✭✭✭
    1) Orgnum's Scales is supposed to buff health recovery by 50% but it's actually about 30-35%

2) If someone casts Eclipse on me I move at lightning speed, like thousands of % speed increase. This happens with players and NPC's.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howl wrote: »
    2) If someone casts Eclipse on me I move at lightning speed, like thousands of % speed increase. This happens with players and NPC's.

The cause is a reflected snare/root, not Eclipse by itself. When a Dark Talons is reflected this occurs, and as listed in the OP, when Caltrops is reflected this occurs.

...The two documented cases are AoE snares/roots. Has someone confirmed this movement speed bug for single-target snares?

I can confirm it does not occur with Ash Cloud, but a bug still does occur involving Eclipse/reflect. In this case the damage is reflected but the snare hits the intended target.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    On Xbox One, not sure about PS4 or PC, if you are using the Molag Kena 2 piece set, and you have any buffs on your character, it wipes them off (structured entropy for example). It will say in the character sheet that you have them activated, but if you check your tooltip the damage isn't correct.

I tested this using Entropy and then Kena 2 piece, and I have 3639 Spell Damage on my DK, however the tooltip for my whip was about 7.5k. Afterward, I buffed with Kena FIRST and then used entropy and the 3639 Spell Damage remained the same, however my lava whip tooltip was 8.9k.

I also wanted to see if Entropy itself was bugged, so I popped a potion giving me major sorcery first, then proc'd Kena, and tooltjp was 7.5k. I then waited until the the potion effect wore off, proc'd Kena FIRST and then drank another potion and my tooltip was back to 8.9k.

Please look into this and fix it ASAP. This is limiting rotations using Kena, as well as making it impossible to incorporate potions that give major sorcery into your build, which is a DPS loss having to proc Entropy every 12 seconds.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They changed it to 5 % increase of Weapon Damage on purpose, so I'm not seeing that as a bug, just bad game design as it basically forces you to play daggers / hammers.

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested on 3 different werewolves, Not seeming to cover any stam from full heavy attacks. Uptick in stam is only regen
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested on 3 different werewolves, Not seeming to cover any stam from full heavy attacks. Uptick in stam is only regen

@notimetocare
    Ohhh if this was true it would explain a LOT. Can you test further if it's maybe the first werwolf passive causing this? Maybe without the passive you are able to recover Stamina from Heavy Attacks? I'll see if I can try this later.
    Edited by Xantaria on October 14, 2015 11:38AM

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xantaria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPqH_6_5Zag&feature=youtu.be
    I have more video clips but I thought one would be enough. I tagged you in a video that someone else made regarding dragon firescale being bugged, well here is a prime example of how broken it is.

Can we get a notice here @ZOS_GinaBruno or maybe an even better notice @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by MaxwellC on October 14, 2015 12:59PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

@notimetocare
    Ohhh if this was true it would explain a LOT. Can you test further if it's maybe the first werewolf passive causing this? Maybe without the passive you are able to recover Stamina from Heavy Attacks? I'll see if I can try this later.

Packleader + 2 Pursuit, no stamina gain noticeable stam gain. Tested on 2 different log ins, but only with my NB. Testing on low lvl, unmorphed WW sorc appears to regen ~300 stam (out of 14k in WW form) with 2 points. All eyeballed, I dont have whats needed for proper testing, or much time to really invest in it sadly. Unlike heavy attacks with a weapon, which is a quite obvious boost of stamina, WW is little to none.

Edit: Test added form a 30 sorc no skills or passive other than, WW, Devour, Blood Rage, and Pursuit at 0/1/2 points: 2h regen (out of form) 750 (10% of the 7500). In form, no Pursuit 300 average Regen from a heavy attack with unmorphed WW. In form, 1 Pursuit, heavy attacks giving 850 average. In form, Pursuit 2 roughly 1100 per heavy attack.

Test from Pack Leader morphed character, only w/ Pursuit 2 saw no gain in stamina from full heavy attack.

Possibly strictly related to Pack Leader? Limits of the time i have to test
    Edited by notimetocare on October 14, 2015 1:35PM
  • RenhardtESO
    RenhardtESO
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting the Lore Book Found message when i pick up normal books lying around Eastmarch and The Rift for Cadwells Gold and then when I pick up an actual lore book, nothing pops up. This was happening on PS4 and Xbone.