The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.1

• ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Etharian wrote: »
    OGLezard wrote: »
    hm.....not to much in there.
    Kinda...disappointing...

They made a fix for like 95% of the problems we have been having. How can you not like this?

Honestly I trust and expect the bugs to get mostly sorted out. I don't like this because I wanted more actual changes to be made. Even if they wound up rolling back, they're ignoring a ton of feedback and refusing to even let us test out other possibilities, ex: battle spirit number tweaks, stam regen while blocking, racial passives, abilities being double nerfed by battle spirit, etc.

Fixes are great, but I wanted a chance to test new things. I have zero incentive to try anything on the PTS right now tbh.

you can do that testing and more chances when you make your own game.

What? lol How is it relevant that I'm not developing a game? I'm on a test server and they won't let us test new things because they won't change anything based on the feedback, that's my complaint.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swarog wrote: »
    ZOS wants zero stamina recovery to make tanking more interesting while allowing infinity taunting that's simplifies the game.

And thank you very much ZOS for zero stamina regen.

Overtaunting was a good mechanic, removing it unless multiple people are taunting the same enemy is stupid in my opinion. Sure it lowers the skill needed to tank long fights, making it more accessible, but zero stam regen effectively ruins this, just adding a whole different kind of skill gap between good and bad tanks.. Not that zero stam regen changes anything other than basically making any PvE healer that isn't templar useless. Good to see they encourage unique playstyles ..
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, why do Argonians get their healing received buffed from 6 to 9 percent while the Nord damage reduction stays at 6%?

I'm pretty sure I heard you guys were talking about buffing Nords damage reduction to 9% as well.

Don't get me wrong though I'm glad Argonians and Nords get buffed.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    [*] High Elf
    • Spellcharge: Reverted the magicka recovery bonus from this passive that was introduced in patch 2.1.0. The buff is now back to 3/6/9 from 4/8/12.

Thanks for the qq Bretons and Dark Elves. Well done
    They should add race signs next to player names, so I can go out and torture Breton and Dunmer player for this.

Breton here. I like the change to the High-elves.

If High-elfs should get a buff it should be their elemental damage and not their regen that should be buffed.
    Bretons spell-resist should be made to match it if that happens. Bretons has allways been the defensive counterpart
    to the offensive high-elf. So more sustain insterd of more damage didnt make sence to me IF a buff is needed.

I agree. Well, they should actually increase our Magicka by 2%. Because this is the most horrible thing. Hell even 1% ! It's about the numbers you know ? A Breton can't be equal to Altmer, this is a crime. As long as Altmer has more Magicka than Breton, everything is fine and order is restored.

They could give Breton 5% cost reduction or so, even though 3% reduction is superior to 9% Magicka regen in an age, where everyone is spamming abilities.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also- in what world did high elves need a buff?
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    ZOS still decides to remove completely from game "health regeneration" mundus stone.

Instead of creating space for it to provide fair choice of:
    -max stamina/health/magicka
    - regen stamina/health/magicka

for some weird reason players will be able to choose from anything but health regen.
    Create new mundus stone for health regen (or stamina regen, because the only reason they removed health regen is to make space for bandaid stamina regen fix)? NOPE
    Merge some lesser mundus stones into one to make space for stamina regen (and keep health regen without change)? NOPE
    Play as you want, and have choices what to pick (pick one mundus stone, sacrifice others)? NOPE if you want to pick health regen.

ZOS still decides to support unfair access to VR15/VR16 materials by making them exclusively DLC only, by the "VR15/VR16 gear in old dungeons will drop only from minibosses and bosses".

Except health regen is worthless in this game. Zos specifically, wrobell even stated, they realized health regen sucked and replaced it to give more balance between stamina and magicka builds. In fact, it was one of the lease used stones. They also gave spell damage stone instead of penetration to help with the balance.

Thats the exact problem. Someone states "health regen is worthless" and instead of making it attractive again by balancing it out comparing it with other stones, simply decides to remove it.

The way of thinking "its least used so we should remove it" is silly. Are we going to have a whole class removed just because its least used class?
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on August 12, 2015 7:42PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

In a world where there is order and lore love.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The race was already plenty strong. And one of like 5 preferred races. Buffing it more was not needed.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The race was already plenty strong. And one of like 5 preferred races. Buffing it more was not needed.

Yes of course :) prefered because they are beautiful, have freaking beautiful architecture and a beautiful homeland. Many reasons to play them Super Mofos.

Buuuut, that's not enough. As long as Bretons have 10% Magicka and Altmer 10% Magicka, this waaar is not going to end. Give Altmer 12% Magicka and everything is how it should be. I wish I could kiss the person on ZoS, who at least started an attempt to give Altmer what they needed so desperately. Was it Eric ? That would be a great kiss *-* I hope it was him #fangirl
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 7:53PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thundering Presence in the notes say 300% increased damage for the first 4 seconds.

On PTS currently my tooltip is showing 200%....

Qv756AY.jpg
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Karoneth
    Karoneth
    ✭✭✭
    "•Maw of the Infernal: The summoned Daedroth has been doing cardio and now has a 15% bonus to movement speed. The Daedroth now also gains critical chance based on your critical chance."

Eric Wrobel must have taken it running with him. LOL It is a fun little pet from that set.

Patch notes look good Gina, we'll be doing some testing tonight!
    Guildmaster, Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
    http://eso.borguild.com/
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thundering Presence in the notes say 300% increased damage for the first 4 seconds.

On PTS currently my tooltip is showing 200%....

Qv756AY.jpg

@Xael What about the stamina sorc passives mate? Are they in yet or? I cannot get on PTS to check myself.
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    Clarebear wrote: »
    What about Racial changes?

There are some racial passive changes in this patch. We're tracking down the exact changes now, and will update everyone as soon as we have them squared away. We'll also add them to today's patch notes. Apologies, everyone.

Thanks Gina! for getting those for us!
    Edited by Clarebear on August 12, 2015 8:06PM
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    • Adjusted the percentage of Tel Var Stones lost on death by enemy players from 100% to 80%.
    • This is part of our ongoing iteration based on your feedback and may or may not be adjusted further, or even rolled back, before going to the Live servers. We'd like to see how this feels on PTS, so please try it out and let us know what you think!

Is that 80% lost and that same amount gained, I assume?
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean to get vr15/16 drops we are limited to Imperial City?
    @Xael,
    no, there was a separate itemization thread and it's probably in the PTS 2.1 update patch notes somewhere, that vr15/16 drops are also available from PvE group dungeons (if scaled to vr15/16), and from undaunted chests (assuming you are vr 15/16 at the time). Vr15/16 items will also be available as Cyrodiil PvP Rewards for the Worthy (I think).
    Update: as per @MaximusDargus, only bosses and minibosses drop high level gear in the old group dungeons. This was not clear in the itemization thread.
    Also this new guide to areas of the IC says that you need to run the new IC dungeons in VET mode to get v16 gear drops, and kinda implies that the nonvet version - and possibly other group dungeons? - will only drop gear at v15, sorta like how DSA and vDSA give different level loot.
    Also does this imply sets like Way of Air and Martial Knowledge will stay at vr14?
    Hm.... probably yes. We'll have to wait and see.
    Update: Group dungeon bosses currently have a chance of dropping these sets at v12 (I got some in today's pledge runs). Will these scale up? Don't know... and probably not. There was another posting a while ago indicating that special dungeon sets like Worm Cult, Silks of the Sun and such that drop at v12 in some vet dungeons... will NOT be scaling up to higher ranks in the new content. That might be a misunderstanding (or bad memory) or might change based on feedback or the whims of the devs.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 13, 2015 6:13PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    ZOS still decides to remove completely from game "health regeneration" mundus stone.

Instead of creating space for it to provide fair choice of:
    -max stamina/health/magicka
    - regen stamina/health/magicka

for some weird reason players will be able to choose from anything but health regen.
    Create new mundus stone for health regen (or stamina regen, because the only reason they removed health regen is to make space for bandaid stamina regen fix)? NOPE
    Merge some lesser mundus stones into one to make space for stamina regen (and keep health regen without change)? NOPE
    Play as you want, and have choices what to pick (pick one mundus stone, sacrifice others)? NOPE if you want to pick health regen.

ZOS still decides to support unfair access to VR15/VR16 materials by making them exclusively DLC only, by the "VR15/VR16 gear in old dungeons will drop only from minibosses and bosses".

Except health regen is worthless in this game. Zos specifically, wrobell even stated, they realized health regen sucked and replaced it to give more balance between stamina and magicka builds. In fact, it was one of the lease used stones. They also gave spell damage stone instead of penetration to help with the balance.

Thats the exact problem. Someone states "health regen is worthless" and instead of making it attractive again by balancing it out comparing it with other stones, simply decides to remove it.

The way of thinking "its least used so we should remove it" is silly. Are we going to have a whole class removed just because its least used class?

what would you suggest then. even if they made it 500 health regen it would not be worth it. there is simply no viable health recovery build. yes I do think this needs to be revisited at some point. Lets get magicka and stamina balanced first.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean to get vr15/16 drops we are limited to Imperial City?
    @Xael,
    no, there was a separate itemization thread and it's probably in the PTS 2.1 update patch notes somewhere, that vr15/16 drops are also available from PvE group dungeons (if scaled to vr15/16), and from undaunted chests (assuming you are vr 15/16 at the time). Vr15/16 items will also be available as Cyrodiil PvP Rewards for the Worthy (I think).
    Also does this imply sets like Way of Air and Martial Knowledge will stay at vr14?
    Hm.... probably yes. We'll have to wait and see.

OLD DUNGEONS -> Only bosses and minibosses will have chance to drop VR15/16 gear resulting in 3 tops 6 pieces of VR15/16 gear per run.
    In comparision both two new dungeons limited to DLC will have all monsters have chance to drop VR15/16 gear.

So its not that simply pretty as you said "vr15/16 drops are also avaliable from PvE group dungeons"
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on August 12, 2015 8:14PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PTS client crashes after I type my password and press enter...happens everytime. Anybody else having this issue or know of a fix?
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any changes with damage shields?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No no no no no alot of players myself included said that needing all 6 home keeps for entrey for the city is a horrible idea ZoS please love of Kyne don't make it so you need all 6 home keeps that is just a disater waiting to happen.

Also light armor rating increased by 100% ??? So you guys really are making heavy armor totaly usless now .
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no no no no alot of players myself included said that needing all 6 home keeps for entrey for the city is a horrible idea ZoS please love of Kyne don't make it so you need all 6 home keeps that is just a disater waiting to happen.

Also light armor rating increased by 100% ??? So you guys really are making heavy armor totaly usless now .

dont be so dramatic..... Light armor was thrown to oblivion, this is well needed. I dont think it is gonna make light armor users this super god everyone thinks. Will it help? For sure!
    Edited by OGLezard on August 12, 2015 8:43PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Argonian
      • Argonian Resistance: Increased the maximum health bonus from this passive to 2/4/6% from 1/2/3%.
      • Quick to Mend: Increased the bonus healing received from this passive to 3/6/9% from 2/4/6%.
    I can live with this. I still think Argonians are the runt of the litter when it comes to racial passives. I just have one question: does healing received count as player spells/abilities or does that apply to potions as well (I honestly don't know). If so, this buff, in addition to potions, will be quite a big boost.. and I'm happy with that.
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭

They're changing light armor, not heavy.. ;-)
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, yes, yes, yes, Alot of us want the IC to actually be a prize and a place you can somewhat control and lock enemies out of. Then you can actually do the PVE inside and not see an enemy zerg come around the corner every few minutes and take all your stones. There will still be small skirmishes buts thats what we want. gaining and losing control of IC makes it alot more exciting.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

About Thundering Presence bug :

Before morphing the skill, the Thundering presence tooltip shows 300%.

Once morphed, it shows 200%. It looks like a tooltip bug.
    Edited by Sarousse on August 12, 2015 8:58PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade: (Siphoning) - "Increased the duration of Siphoning Strikes and Siphoning Attacks to 15 seconds from 10 seconds."

Screenshot_20150812_165355_zpscq3orhrr.png

Rank IV still shows as 10 seconds on tooltip and still only lasts 10 seconds. I also find the regen from this to be crazy (almost 1K magicka and stamina from each light attack and 10% chance for 2K on all attacks...someone who light attack weaves will never run out of resources if they keep this up constantly (even if they have almost no stat regen). This is about the equivalent of making spell symmetry have no health cost or making dark deal an instant cast!

This coming from someone who plays a NB and thinks we already have insane regen!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to get the note in there about the Generals in the Sewers should now also give the onramp quest. That should be in this patch too! Sorry gang!
    Brillzies, scratch one gripe.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Disappointed to not see:
    • The angle of the map being fixed
    • City on the Brink being made available from the Imperial Sewers Alliance Base General
    • The Sublime Protector achievement being fixed to include The Lock and the Legion

@ZOS_GinaBruno don't forget to update the OP with these :)
    Below, you can find the changes made to racial passives in this patch. Apologies again for the confusion; we'll update the patch notes now to reflect these changes. In addition, there was one missing patch note specifically for Imperial City, which you can also find below:

Imperial City
    General
    • You can now receive the quest for Imperial City from the Generals found in the Imperial Sewers, in addition to the Captains in Cyrodiil.

Combat & Gameplay
    Racial
    • Argonian
      • Argonian Resistance: Increased the maximum health bonus from this passive to 2/4/6% from 1/2/3%.
      • Quick to Mend: Increased the bonus healing received from this passive to 3/6/9% from 2/4/6%.
    • High Elf
      • Spellcharge: Reverted the magicka recovery bonus from this passive that was introduced in patch 2.1.0. The buff is now back to 3/6/9% from 4/8/12%.
    • Nord
      • Resist Frost: Increased the maximum health bonus to 3/6/9% from 2/4/6%.
    • Wood Elf
      • Resist Affliction: Reverted the maximum stamina bonus from this passive that was introduced in patch 2.1.0. The buff is now back to 1/2/3% from 2/4/6%.
    Edited by Enodoc on August 12, 2015 9:16PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I just realized, there are no Monster Undaunted sets for templates this time :(
    So I can't test the Maw of the Infernal. My real character wasn't lucky and doesn't have the shoulders.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Pirhana7_ESO no cause it's just gonna cause a repeat of buff servers by making city servers thus making only 1 server actually used for pvp while the other 3 are gonna be a factions city server and thats best case worst case is elitest pvp guilds own 2 or even 3 servers thus completl locking out the other 2 factions for a dlc that they paid for.

6 home keeps horrid idea.
  • TroggyTrog
    TroggyTrog
    ✭✭
    I can live with this. I still think Argonians are the runt of the litter when it comes to racial passives. I just have one question: does healing received count as player spells/abilities or does that apply to potions as well (I honestly don't know). If so, this buff, in addition to potions, will be quite a big boost.. and I'm happy with that.

This is a step in the right direction, and not that bad. I still am hoping that ZOS will ditch the Amphibious passive altogether and create a cool passive that keeps with the regenerating lizard theme WITHOUT a consumable attached to it. Why are lizards the only race to have a consumable attached to a passive? It's just wonky, IMHO.

But, again, I'm happy to start seeing some love for the lizards. The Nords still need some love as well.