The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.1

• iqoologiceb17_ESO
    iqoologiceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Game is crashing on me when trying to login. Maybe it is related to the fact that I'm using Windows 10 (patch 2.1 worked fine and live works fine). Anybody has the same problem?
    PC EU
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete usersettings.txt, that should fix it.
    If u use addons, disable them for testing.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anorak wrote: »
    Will we be seeing vr16 master weapons and vr16 trial rewards with the weekly leader boards?
    @Anorak,
    This has already been answered (somewhere in the forums) as "No"... at least for now. The devs will be watching game balance and might change DSA and Trials scaling up to v16 if appropriate in a later tuning patch update... or not.

• iqoologiceb17_ESO
    iqoologiceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That fixed the problem but dunno why :)

Anyway tnx for the help :)
    PC EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    [*] High Elf
    • Spellcharge: Reverted the magicka recovery bonus from this passive that was introduced in patch 2.1.0. The buff is now back to 3/6/9 from 4/8/12.

Thanks for the qq Bretons and Dark Elves. Well done
    They should add race signs next to player names, so I can go out and torture Breton and Dunmer player for this.

Breton here. I like the change to the High-elves.
    So much QQ round here gets listened to.

/sigh

Edited by KerinKor on August 13, 2015 6:34AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pirhana7_ESO no cause it's just gonna cause a repeat of buff servers by making city servers thus making only 1 server actually used for pvp while the other 3 are gonna be a factions city server and thats best case worst case is elitest pvp guilds own 2 or even 3 servers thus completl locking out the other 2 factions for a dlc that they paid for.

6 home keeps horrid idea.

Buff servers required you to hold the ENTIRE map to give a good buff bonus and used campaiigns that were 90% empty.
    For IC control you dont gain anything more by taking more enemy keeps.
    Holding your 6 home keeps is completely different and teh easiest thing to accomplish on the map plus there are no empty campaigns anymore since most were removed. low population..yes but still enough to hold your home keeps.
    Plus even when you do get locked out that means your FULL force is in cyrodiil trying to take back your home keeps while the enemy alliance wont be able to defend because most of their force is in IC.

Thi system has already been done on another MMO and it worked very well.

You don't see it do you. That's what AP farmers want all they have to do is hold off the players at 1 keep that's it. Here's the picture one faction PvE players are in the city alone getting there monys worth of the DLC while the other factions both PvP and PvE have to take back there one keep but thing is it is heavly defended by the controllings PvP players and unlike the PvE players the PvP players will murder them over and over again and they'll fail because the PvE players are in the wya of there PvP players thus setting up a endless farming for AP for the controlling faction and instead of staying and fighting the PvE players are just gonna move to another empty server that they control and once the PvP relize that they can't do shite there gonna move too till there's nothing but 3 city servers and 1 actual PvP server thus like buff servers cause of course the controlling faction will take over the map after the players rage quiet and move to another server and about a month down the road one elitest PvP guild is gonna march on the other servers locking out all other factions to there paid for DLC.

This is what every one who is against 6 home keeps have been trying to tell ZoS this will cause a repeat of buff servers and cause players to rage more cause they can not use there paid DLC cause some other players are trolls and griefers who have some sick fetish of ruining every one elses game time.

do you people not remember that there is going to be one campaign with no lock into the content? O and people are not going to be able to jump around from campaign to campaign all willy nilly like you suggest. That has all been changed this time around too. i think having both is perfect and catters to both playstyles. ofcourse the first couple weeks many people will be in the open to all one. but it will die down.
    Edited by bowmanz607 on August 13, 2015 7:47AM
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Nice' to know your entire faction can lose access to IC through the loss of ONE keep.

... and how does 80% of stones being lost through lag or zerg blob encounters make the loss feel any better?

Everyone is going to make a beeline to get into IC the moment their faction can, and NO-ONE will want to come out to Cyrodiil where drops are shite, and worthless AP is your only reward to regain access for other people they aren't grouped with and don't care about.

Access will swing to whoever has the highest population coming in and taking the minimum number of resources to rush the access points.

... and if you are a Banana, or a casual, or even worse, BOTH, you might as well go play another game, 'cos this one is specifically designed to shaft you from every direction imaginable.
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on August 13, 2015 7:55AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Imperial City
    General
    • Added a new timed immunity buff to the doors between districts, and the ladders between districts and sewers. This immunity buff lasts for 30 seconds, and will be removed upon initiating combat, stealthing, drinking a potion or sprinting.
    I'm concerned this still isn't long enough. I know I'm not the only person whose loading screens between districts were 5 seconds or less, but between sewer and district (or vice versa) were well over one minute. I hope this will be looked at further.
    The timer shouldn't start until the zone is initialised, which happens right at the end of the loading period. I don't think there's more than a couple of seconds between the zone initialising and the loading screen disappearing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for templars.. Yeah, ZOS balance/logic.. sometimes I feel that monkeys are running your company..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed it but I thought Argonians were ment to get buffs to racials. Hopefully enough to make them good not just bring them in line with pre 2.1 nords who were considered the third weakest race. The current suggestions seem to be
    1) 9% health bonus
    2) bonus to healing received and given
    3) Scrap the potion racial and supply us with either damage resistance (scales) or a flat stat bonus or regenerate bonus

Just found them I still don't think the suggested changes go far enough Argonians still have the worst racials and one tied into potion use and the lowest health bonus for no good reason. There seems to be more cold damage than poison and disease combined
    Edited by AshTal on August 13, 2015 9:28AM
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run into an eternal loading screen when I attempt to enter the Earth Forge. I would really like to check out the changes to Kargenac's Hope.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Patrolling Horrors will occasionally target group members who are in safe zones. They won’t actually damage you in safe zones, though, and will prioritize targets that are not in safe zones

"hodor"
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue that allowed those with racial passives which increased Stamina Recovery to still recover Stamina while blocking."

Does this mean that if you have the racial passive you CAN regen stam while blocking or the "fix" STOPS you from stam regen when blocking???

If it is the first then this would seem to suggest that Wood Elf with their 21% stam regen will be the best race for Tanking followed by Redguard.

Pls could you clear this up for me?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue that allowed those with racial passives which increased Stamina Recovery to still recover Stamina while blocking."

Does this mean that if you have the racial passive you CAN regen stam while blocking or the "fix" STOPS you from stam regen when blocking???

If it is the first then this would seem to suggest that Wood Elf with their 21% stam regen will be the best race for Tanking followed by Redguard.

Pls could you clear this up for me?

It means that they made sure that NOONE is now allowed to regen stamina while blocking (passives allowing stamina to regenerate with block was bug, and they now prevented it).
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    ZOS still decides to remove completely from game "health regeneration" mundus stone.

Instead of creating space for it to provide fair choice of:
    -max stamina/health/magicka
    - regen stamina/health/magicka

for some weird reason players will be able to choose from anything but health regen.
    Create new mundus stone for health regen (or stamina regen, because the only reason they removed health regen is to make space for bandaid stamina regen fix)? NOPE
    Merge some lesser mundus stones into one to make space for stamina regen (and keep health regen without change)? NOPE
    Play as you want, and have choices what to pick (pick one mundus stone, sacrifice others)? NOPE if you want to pick health regen.

ZOS still decides to support unfair access to VR15/VR16 materials by making them exclusively DLC only, by the "VR15/VR16 gear in old dungeons will drop only from minibosses and bosses".

Except health regen is worthless in this game. Zos specifically, wrobell even stated, they realized health regen sucked and replaced it to give more balance between stamina and magicka builds. In fact, it was one of the lease used stones. They also gave spell damage stone instead of penetration to help with the balance.

Thats the exact problem. Someone states "health regen is worthless" and instead of making it attractive again by balancing it out comparing it with other stones, simply decides to remove it.

The way of thinking "its least used so we should remove it" is silly. Are we going to have a whole class removed just because its least used class?

what would you suggest then. even if they made it 500 health regen it would not be worth it. there is simply no viable health recovery build. yes I do think this needs to be revisited at some point. Lets get magicka and stamina balanced first.

If they made it a 500 health regen, with my current build it means I would have an additional 1300 health regen just by picking this stone, which is like having 2 rally buff ticking at the same time on my character. Just because you can't see a viable health regen build doesn't mean it does not exist. And with stamina regen beeing nerfed while you block, you will need a lot of extra sustain from either magicka regen or health regen if you don't want to drop dead the moment you stop blocking. Also people keep forgeting that health regen is the only stat that doesn't get nerfed in PvP. So that Battlespirit buff makes your health regen twice as strong as it would be in PvE...

Edit : Like I suggested before,

All ZOS has to do is fusing the Armour and Spellresist mundus stone together (since those are weak in general) and make one of the remaining the new base health regen stone. This way, everyone end up with a good bargain.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on August 13, 2015 11:44AM
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    So still 0% stamina regen while blocking? You must really hate tanks. Good luck to all the people trying to find tanks for PvE content.

Stop ruining PvE content due to your inability to balance PvP.

And ZOS, people who apparently:

- dont know what tank is
    - dont play tanks
    - apparently hate tanks

Still force upon as "0 stamina regen while blocking" trying to make us "happy" claiming its "for our own good"

Come on man you keep posting this 10 times per day. how about you use the time to learn how to deal with the changes instead and adapt. it's easy. really.

Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE-GAME PATCH

[*] Fixed an issue which was causing the Sharpened weapon trait, as well as the Champion passives Piercing and Spell Erosion, to act multiplicatively instead of additively when combined with other penetration effects.

This should be fun.

Considering Sharpened by itself was fine, even Maces. The problem was the passive in 2h (Heavy Weapons) and DW (Twin Blade/Blunt) and the way it stacked with Sharpened Maul/Maces. A Sharpened Greatsword with points in the CP Piercing worked as intended. I can't wait to see the hamfist nerf.

No it was NOT working as intended. with exactly 24 points into piercing and a sharpened 2H Weapon (golden) you had 100% armor penetration. Please stop spreading wrong information.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What happened to the patch notes regarding changes to crafted sets? The reduction of Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, changes to Willow's Path, etc? I don't see those mentioned in these new patch notes.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • iTz_Silentknife
    iTz_Silentknife
    Soul Shriven
    WOOOP! Leeching strikes fix! Thanks ZOS, the previous changes would have messed up my build, but now I can keep swinging away xD
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What happened to the patch notes regarding changes to crafted sets? The reduction of Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, changes to Willow's Path, etc? I don't see those mentioned in these new patch notes.

Still no news on the patch notes for the changes coming to crafted gear?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "This testing period includes new rules for accessing Imperial City. To get into Imperial City from Cyrodiil, your Alliance must own your native six keeps defined per alliance as follows"

So if your faction as a whole is not too good at pvp, you can't enter IC? Is this rule going to affect all campaigns in production?
    I don't like this. If I buy the expansion, I want to be able to play it.
    In fact, I'd like to be able to enter IC without touching my feet in the old Cyrodiil.
    Enough of the horse-simulator. I crave for fast-paced pvp, as was possible when we had forward camps.
    Edited by xarguideb17_ESO on August 13, 2015 2:47PM
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    "This testing period includes new rules for accessing Imperial City. To get into Imperial City from Cyrodiil, your Alliance must own your native six keeps defined per alliance as follows"

So if your faction as a whole is not too good at pvp, you can't enter IC? Is this rule going to affect all campaigns in production?

Its a test, they said on Haderus it will be always possible to enter IC
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »

Its a test, they said on Haderus it will be always possible to enter IC
    Only on PTS Haderus, and PTS Haderus doesn't exist any more. (It is unknown what will happen to Live Haderus.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pirhana7_ESO no cause it's just gonna cause a repeat of buff servers by making city servers thus making only 1 server actually used for pvp while the other 3 are gonna be a factions city server and thats best case worst case is elitest pvp guilds own 2 or even 3 servers thus completl locking out the other 2 factions for a dlc that they paid for.

6 home keeps horrid idea.

Buff servers required you to hold the ENTIRE map to give a good buff bonus and used campaiigns that were 90% empty.
    For IC control you dont gain anything more by taking more enemy keeps.
    Holding your 6 home keeps is completely different and teh easiest thing to accomplish on the map plus there are no empty campaigns anymore since most were removed. low population..yes but still enough to hold your home keeps.
    Plus even when you do get locked out that means your FULL force is in cyrodiil trying to take back your home keeps while the enemy alliance wont be able to defend because most of their force is in IC.

Thi system has already been done on another MMO and it worked very well.

You don't see it do you. That's what AP farmers want all they have to do is hold off the players at 1 keep that's it. Here's the picture one faction PvE players are in the city alone getting there monys worth of the DLC while the other factions both PvP and PvE have to take back there one keep but thing is it is heavly defended by the controllings PvP players and unlike the PvE players the PvP players will murder them over and over again and they'll fail because the PvE players are in the wya of there PvP players thus setting up a endless farming for AP for the controlling faction and instead of staying and fighting the PvE players are just gonna move to another empty server that they control and once the PvP relize that they can't do shite there gonna move too till there's nothing but 3 city servers and 1 actual PvP server thus like buff servers cause of course the controlling faction will take over the map after the players rage quiet and move to another server and about a month down the road one elitest PvP guild is gonna march on the other servers locking out all other factions to there paid for DLC.

This is what every one who is against 6 home keeps have been trying to tell ZoS this will cause a repeat of buff servers and cause players to rage more cause they can not use there paid DLC cause some other players are trolls and griefers who have some sick fetish of ruining every one elses game time.

The thing you are forgetting is that they removed the ability to retain your HOME Cyrodiil buff and Guest on the competative campaign you want to play on. This is what caused buff campaigns. PVPers want to play on a competative campaigns, The flaw was they could do this AND have their home buffs. They cant do that anymore.

The PVPers are going to look for the most balanced top campaigns like they do now. The campaigns will stay the same as they are now. They wont play on a campaign if there is noone to fight.
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on August 13, 2015 3:58PM
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In fact, I'd like to be able to enter IC without touching my feet in the old Cyrodiil.
    Enough of the horse-simulator. I crave for fast-paced pvp, as was possible when we had forward camps.

There is balancing mechanics in place. Your home keeps are your advantage, they easier for your side to defend because you are closer and harder for the enemy to take because of travel. If you alliance gets lockd out of IC that means your whole Cyrodiil force is there to attack and retake your lost keep while the defending enemy will have very few defenders because most of their force is in IC.

• arowz
    arowz
    Anyone know where the bugged heavy sack was in Bangkorai? Asking for a friend.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS still decides to remove completely from game "health regeneration" mundus stone.

Instead of creating space for it to provide fair choice of:
    -max stamina/health/magicka
    - regen stamina/health/magicka

for some weird reason players will be able to choose from anything but health regen.
    Create new mundus stone for health regen (or stamina regen, because the only reason they removed health regen is to make space for bandaid stamina regen fix)? NOPE
    Merge some lesser mundus stones into one to make space for stamina regen (and keep health regen without change)? NOPE
    Play as you want, and have choices what to pick (pick one mundus stone, sacrifice others)? NOPE if you want to pick health regen.

ZOS still decides to support unfair access to VR15/VR16 materials by making them exclusively DLC only, by the "VR15/VR16 gear in old dungeons will drop only from minibosses and bosses".

Except health regen is worthless in this game. Zos specifically, wrobell even stated, they realized health regen sucked and replaced it to give more balance between stamina and magicka builds. In fact, it was one of the lease used stones. They also gave spell damage stone instead of penetration to help with the balance.

Thats the exact problem. Someone states "health regen is worthless" and instead of making it attractive again by balancing it out comparing it with other stones, simply decides to remove it.

The way of thinking "its least used so we should remove it" is silly. Are we going to have a whole class removed just because its least used class?

what would you suggest then. even if they made it 500 health regen it would not be worth it. there is simply no viable health recovery build. yes I do think this needs to be revisited at some point. Lets get magicka and stamina balanced first.

If they made it a 500 health regen, with my current build it means I would have an additional 1300 health regen just by picking this stone, which is like having 2 rally buff ticking at the same time on my character. Just because you can't see a viable health regen build doesn't mean it does not exist. And with stamina regen beeing nerfed while you block, you will need a lot of extra sustain from either magicka regen or health regen if you don't want to drop dead the moment you stop blocking. Also people keep forgeting that health regen is the only stat that doesn't get nerfed in PvP. So that Battlespirit buff makes your health regen twice as strong as it would be in PvE...

Edit : Like I suggested before,

All ZOS has to do is fusing the Armour and Spellresist mundus stone together (since those are weak in general) and make one of the remaining the new base health regen stone. This way, everyone end up with a good bargain.

1300 is each tick so only 650 per sec. that is not much. not when i can get more out of stamina or magicka. they are simply the better choice for sustain. I am not saying health regen does not need to be looked at but it requires a drastic shift in the meta. testing that along with the other changes happening with IC is just to much change at once. You have to test in increments. That said, rally is not great for the health tick, it is for the big heal it offers. If it was for the tick then DW's ability bloodcraze would be viable. to make a viable health regen build you just have to sacrifice too much to get back less in terms of a fight. Bottom line is health regen does not have a place in its current state even with some band-aid buffs. It is also too much to incorporate an overhaul to health regen with all of the new mechanics being introduced which is better for the game right now then health regen worries.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scratch two, the Achievement was fixed but the fix was not stated in the patch notes.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Disappointed to not see:
    • The angle of the map being fixed
    • City on the Brink being made available from the Imperial Sewers Alliance Base General
    • The Sublime Protector achievement being fixed to include The Lock and the Legion
  • Anorak
    Anorak
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Anorak wrote: »
    Honestly don't believe silver keys should drop the undaunted helm sets as many people complain about vet dungeons being too easy. Also the new vr16 templates don't have their skills leveled to be morphed.
    This just gives people a reason to do the non-vet dungeons as they have a chance of dropping something useful. Silver Keys have had no reason to exist.

Bronze keys have no need to exist and vet dungeons only take 15 mins people don't want to just blow through a super easy dungeon the normal modes are in fact too easy.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    sebban wrote: »
    So still 0% stamina regen while blocking? You must really hate tanks. Good luck to all the people trying to find tanks for PvE content.

Stop ruining PvE content due to your inability to balance PvP.

And ZOS, people who apparently:

- dont know what tank is
    - dont play tanks
    - apparently hate tanks

Still force upon as "0 stamina regen while blocking" trying to make us "happy" claiming its "for our own good"

Come on man you keep posting this 10 times per day. how about you use the time to learn how to deal with the changes instead and adapt. it's easy. really.

Oh, it's easy? So what is the point of the nerf if the nerf isn't changing the ease of tanking? It is still going to be boring and RMB spam, right?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel