The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.1

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] Planar Inhibitor
    • Fixed a visual issue with the Planar Inhibitor when the encounter resets. The boss will no longer be vulnerable after he resets.
    • The Planar Inhibitor now takes less damage while she is vulnerable.

The Planar Inhibitor is having a gender identity crisis!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno did you guys miss out on putting in you fixed ranged single target and gap closers bringing you out of cloak?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Anorak
    Anorak
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly don't believe silver keys should drop the undaunted helm sets as many people complain about vet dungeons being too easy. Also the new vr16 templates don't have their skills leveled to be morphed.

I also have a few questions:
    Will we be seeing vr16 master weapons and vr16 trial rewards with the weekly leader boards?

Will the armor's in imperial city have traits other than infused?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Sigils of Imperial Retreat now cost 10,000 AP instead of costing Tel Var Stones.
    I would rather see both options available (an AP cost and a TV Stones cost), rather than just one or the other, in the same way that it is possible to buy some siege weapons with either AP or Gold.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anorak wrote: »
    Honestly don't believe silver keys should drop the undaunted helm sets as many people complain about vet dungeons being too easy. Also the new vr16 templates don't have their skills leveled to be morphed.
    This just gives people a reason to do the non-vet dungeons as they have a chance of dropping something useful. Silver Keys have had no reason to exist.

• Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Sigils of Imperial Retreat now cost 10,000 AP instead of costing Tel Var Stones.
    I would rather see both options available (an AP cost and a TV Stones cost), rather than just one or the other, in the same way that it is possible to buy some siege weapons with either AP or Gold.

I am just glad to read i can spent my ap on something usefull at least. It was a real smack in the face to read in the recent patchnotes that ap had become useless and i effectively lost interest in pvp for a while....
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Does this mean to get vr15/16 drops we are limited to Imperial City?
    @Xael,
    no, there was a separate itemization thread and it's probably in the PTS 2.1 update patch notes somewhere, that vr15/16 drops are also available from PvE group dungeons (if scaled to vr15/16), and from undaunted chests (assuming you are vr 15/16 at the time). Vr15/16 items will also be available as Cyrodiil PvP Rewards for the Worthy (I think).
    Also does this imply sets like Way of Air and Martial Knowledge will stay at vr14?
    Hm.... probably yes. We'll have to wait and see.

No no, I know about the Vet dungeons, I meant my question in the context of Cyrodiil loot. Currently the only place to get v14 (to my knowledge) Way of air /Martial etc is from Cyrodiil. Hence my question.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Per 2.1.0 patch notes, stamina morphs of class skills were supposed to have their costs reduced by 20%, to bring them more in line with weapon skills. But the cost reduction was only about 2% and is still only about 2% in 2.1.1. Did someone miss a zero when programming this change?
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Per 2.1.0 patch notes, stamina morphs of class skills were supposed to have their costs reduced by 20%, to bring them more in line with weapon skills. But the cost reduction was only about 2% and is still only about 2% in 2.1.1. Did someone miss a zero when programming this change?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is this accurate?

• Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DLC GAME PACK
    Imperial City
    • Some VR15 and VR16 crafting materials have had their names changed:
      • Colossus Ingot is now Corundum Ingot.

Does this mean the 173 Corundum my lvl43 currently has banked will suddenly become extremely valuable, or is another name change in order?
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pirhana7_ESO no cause it's just gonna cause a repeat of buff servers by making city servers thus making only 1 server actually used for pvp while the other 3 are gonna be a factions city server and thats best case worst case is elitest pvp guilds own 2 or even 3 servers thus completl locking out the other 2 factions for a dlc that they paid for.

6 home keeps horrid idea.

Buff servers required you to hold the ENTIRE map to give a good buff bonus and used campaiigns that were 90% empty.
    For IC control you dont gain anything more by taking more enemy keeps.
    Holding your 6 home keeps is completely different and teh easiest thing to accomplish on the map plus there are no empty campaigns anymore since most were removed. low population..yes but still enough to hold your home keeps.
    Plus even when you do get locked out that means your FULL force is in cyrodiil trying to take back your home keeps while the enemy alliance wont be able to defend because most of their force is in IC.

Thi system has already been done on another MMO and it worked very well.
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on August 12, 2015 10:39PM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »

Stop ruining PvE content due to your inability to balance PvP.

This.

Ever hear of the tail wagging the dog?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, what happened to the Radiant Destruction crit fix?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww yisss. TY!

"Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This ability is now a toggle once more, and reduces weapon and spell power while active."
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what happened to the Radiant Destruction crit fix?

It's a Templar issue, maybe for Orsinium they will fix it. At least they fixed Biting Jabs quickly, right?
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning Strikes (and Siphoning Attacks) did not get an increase in duration. It still lasts only 10 seconds.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    Werewolf armor and spell resistance increase? Eric mentioned on live.... no notes...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_GinaBruno I too would like to know if the discussed additions to Werewolf physical and spell resistances made it into this patch.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Should I continue to remind the developers about the following abilities?

1. Stonefists tool tip is not correct and I don't believe the ability is working how the developers want it to. The range of it's heal is also very small and should be drastically increased.

2. Dragon Knight Chains has a severe issue with a target being "too high or too low." There should also be an option for this skill not to pull the caster to a CC immune target because, well, it is the worst feeling thing in the game next to losing all of my stamina regeneration. =)

Thank you
    Edited by Personofsecrets on August 12, 2015 11:29PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackhorne wrote: »
    Imperial City
    • Some VR15 and VR16 crafting materials have had their names changed:
    Does this mean the 173 Corundum my lvl43 currently has banked will suddenly become extremely valuable, or is another name change in order?
    That's a good point actually... @ZOS_GinaBruno Corundum is already the name for the Nord style material, you shouldn't use the same name for two different types of items.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    No fix to not being able to create a guild on the consoles? Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Oh I just realized, there are no Monster Undaunted sets for templates this time :(
    So I can't test the Maw of the Infernal. My real character wasn't lucky and doesn't have the shoulders.

That's a simple fix. First, create a VR14 template, open the bags containing the Monster sets, bank them, and delete that toon. Then, create a VR16 template that has all of the IC gear and you can now use both.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE-GAME PATCH

Alliance War
    General
    • Fixed an issue where the bosses in Cyrodiil's many caves were dropping level 50 gear, even when you were Veteran Ranked. They will now drop gear up to VR14.

@ZOS_GinaBruno do you know if this fix also includes dolmen chests in cyrodill? Currently blue drops from Generals only scale to lvl 50.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Pirhana7_ESO no cause it's just gonna cause a repeat of buff servers by making city servers thus making only 1 server actually used for pvp while the other 3 are gonna be a factions city server and thats best case worst case is elitest pvp guilds own 2 or even 3 servers thus completl locking out the other 2 factions for a dlc that they paid for.

6 home keeps horrid idea.

Buff servers required you to hold the ENTIRE map to give a good buff bonus and used campaiigns that were 90% empty.
    For IC control you dont gain anything more by taking more enemy keeps.
    Holding your 6 home keeps is completely different and teh easiest thing to accomplish on the map plus there are no empty campaigns anymore since most were removed. low population..yes but still enough to hold your home keeps.
    Plus even when you do get locked out that means your FULL force is in cyrodiil trying to take back your home keeps while the enemy alliance wont be able to defend because most of their force is in IC.

Thi system has already been done on another MMO and it worked very well.

You don't see it do you. That's what AP farmers want all they have to do is hold off the players at 1 keep that's it. Here's the picture one faction PvE players are in the city alone getting there monys worth of the DLC while the other factions both PvP and PvE have to take back there one keep but thing is it is heavly defended by the controllings PvP players and unlike the PvE players the PvP players will murder them over and over again and they'll fail because the PvE players are in the wya of there PvP players thus setting up a endless farming for AP for the controlling faction and instead of staying and fighting the PvE players are just gonna move to another empty server that they control and once the PvP relize that they can't do shite there gonna move too till there's nothing but 3 city servers and 1 actual PvP server thus like buff servers cause of course the controlling faction will take over the map after the players rage quiet and move to another server and about a month down the road one elitest PvP guild is gonna march on the other servers locking out all other factions to there paid for DLC.

This is what every one who is against 6 home keeps have been trying to tell ZoS this will cause a repeat of buff servers and cause players to rage more cause they can not use there paid DLC cause some other players are trolls and griefers who have some sick fetish of ruining every one elses game time.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Siphoning
    Increased the duration of Siphoning Strikes and Siphoning Attacks to 15 seconds from 10 seconds.
    Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This ability is now a toggle once more, and reduces weapon and spell power while active.

woot on the time increase for SA to 15 seconds, gonna go try this. But ZoS... 20 seconds would be fabulous ;D. I wouldnt really need any more than that, but 15 seconds is definitely usable now I think

kinda sad that leeching strikes got the toggle morph, which frankly, probably is not going to be used. But who knows, maybe it'll be a bit more appealing now that we'll be weaving in attacks more w/o perma blocking

I'll try out both

-A nb tank
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean to get vr15/16 drops we are limited to Imperial City?
    @Xael,
    no, there was a separate itemization thread and it's probably in the PTS 2.1 update patch notes somewhere, that vr15/16 drops are also available from PvE group dungeons (if scaled to vr15/16), and from undaunted chests (assuming you are vr 15/16 at the time). Vr15/16 items will also be available as Cyrodiil PvP Rewards for the Worthy (I think).
    Also does this imply sets like Way of Air and Martial Knowledge will stay at vr14?
    Hm.... probably yes. We'll have to wait and see.

Should be interesting to see if treasure chests scale to vr16...
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audio
    Imperial City
    • The Patrolling Horrors in the Sewers are now more audible as they approach to give you more warning of impending doom.
    Awesome!
    Combat & Gameplay
    Imperial City
    • Increased experience gains for all sources in the Imperial City Districts, Sewers, and the Dragonfire Cathedral by 15%.
    Even more awesome!
    Some VR15 and VR16 crafting materials have had their names changed:
    • Sanded Ruddy Ash Wood is now Sanded Ruby Ash Wood.
    • Daedra Skin is now Rubedo Leather.
    • Harvester Silk is now Ancestor Silk.
    I like Sanded Ruby Ash Wood - makes more sense going with the Ruby Throne of Tamriel. I also like Ancestor Silk - it's a lot less disgusting to think of the material coming from the Ancestor Moths than from Harvesters. I'm not sure about "Rubedo Leather" though. And I share several other people's concerns about "Corundum Ingot" considering that Corundum is the Nord crafting material. It's going to cause confusion. Not least of all because in Skyrim, Corundum was a fairly low-level metal.
    Imperial City
    General
    • Added a new timed immunity buff to the doors between districts, and the ladders between districts and sewers. This immunity buff lasts for 30 seconds, and will be removed upon initiating combat, stealthing, drinking a potion or sprinting.
    I'm concerned this still isn't long enough. I know I'm not the only person whose loading screens between districts were 5 seconds or less, but between sewer and district (or vice versa) were well over one minute. I hope this will be looked at further.
    Edited by baratron on August 13, 2015 1:51AM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The morphs for Unstable wall of elements and Elemental ring show the old icon when slotted on the bar but the new icon in the skills window
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    well then... templates cant take skill morphs on creation atm and i dont want to grind all of them up. also my current chars arent loaded onto pts now apparently so I cant give the v16 alt some of the gear i want.
    also... siphoning strikes still shows as 10 seconds... much sadness...such disappoints

just gonna wait i guess

Edit: only the v16 templates can't access morphs on creation
    Edited by ninjaguyman on August 13, 2015 2:15AM
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    -I thought we were getting improved Argonian passives in this patch?
    edit: oh..we did..I guess

-I feel like changing Colossus Ingots to Corundum Ingots could be confusing given the Nord motif stone has the same name.

-Looking forward to testing out the reduced TV stone loss on player kill! I was in the "100% is kinda steep" camp so I'm thankful it's at least being considered for a change.

-Shoulders from Silver Keys? I like it!
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on August 13, 2015 3:32AM
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd consider playing this if the loss on those stones were 10% as with npcs.