The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bring back Health Regeneration Mundus stone as new mundus stone/add to existing stones.

Rinmaethodain
Rinmaethodain
✭✭✭✭✭
Serpent: This Mundus Stone now increases your stamina regeneration instead of health regeneration.

So when a player still wants health regeneration bonus, what does player is supposed to do?

IMO they should add at least a new mundus stone that would inherit health regeneration perk

Its not nice to take away one thing to add a bandaid fix to unjustified nerf to stamina and then pretend everything is okay because one stone will now regen stamina (unless you are blocking, because then you get 0).
At least give something in exchange.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooooooo ... sad.gif
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily stack health regeneration.
    20% from Balance, 20% from Ring of Preservation, 20% from Blood Altar, 50% from Orgnums Scale and then of course average health regen traits.

I think this is good enough. I didn't expect, that anyone is actually using the Serpent or Health regen :) I don't think, this will hit you too hard.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warrior Stone got a buff, the one i was already using B)
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 21, 2015 5:38AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious about the Apprentice.

I admit, I had to laugh then Eric Wrobel compared The Mage and The Apprentice. The Apprentice was sooo much better than the mage. 5120 Spell penetration was huge.

The Apprentice would need 500+ Spell damage to compensate for that. The Mage increase my damage by around 200, the apprentice lets all my abilities hit for 400 more. I'm quite concerned, that this is a nerf instead of a buff. I hope they tested this before they made this change.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    20% from Balance, 20% from Ring of Preservation, 20% from Blood Altar, 50% from Orgnums Scale and then of course average health regen traits.

I think this is good enough. I didn't expect, that anyone is actually using the Serpent or Health regen :) I don't think, this will hit you too hard.

Those are all the same buff.

IMO, they should add health regen to The Steed as suggested on ESO live.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Those are all the same buff.

IMO, they should add health regen to The Steed as suggested on ESO live.

But they don't count as buffs. Just like damage reduction and dodge chance, it's just a percentage. So I suppose it stacks.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "IMO, they should add health regen to The Steed as suggested on ESO live. "

exactly.

They claim eso is full of choices.

Well right now, they took away a choice to pick health regen over stamina regen. Just because they want to force some unnecessary change (0 stmina regen while blocking) they try to make up for it by taking away something else.

How hard is it to copy one of mundus stones, rename it and give it health regen properties?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw, I tested the Apprentice. it increases spell damage by 200 O.o Then the mage is still better for me. Apprentice might deal slightlyyyy more damage. But not enough. This is a huge nerf for the Apprentice. it used to be so strong before. I used the Apprentice , but now Mage is the obvious choice for me.
    Edited by Dracane on July 29, 2015 9:58AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is also interesting is that during ESO Live, they said they would be buffing 'the other' Mundus stones other than the top two, and yet, only a small few of them received any buff or change.

Like others have said, Steed SHOULD BE changed to Health Regen, I'd guess that Steed is probably the least used of all the stones, so make it useful by changing it to Health Regen.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they even said the choice to do this was because when looking at the number very few people used the Health Regeneration stone and it seemed like a good choice to switch as it effected the least people.

Granted it's going to effect some people but their numbers are showing a very small group using this right now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now they dont have problem anymore because noone will be able to use it.

Talk about having OPTIONS to chose from.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 29, 2015 12:34PM
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, now they dont have problem anymore because noone will be able to use it.

Talk about having OPTIONS to chose from.

did they not take a choice and then add one? soooo there is exactly the same amount of options as there were just different

also the serpent was UTTERLY 100% USELESS as it was OUT OF COMBAT health regen. so infact they've effectively added another choice since one was so bad (their statistics proves this as it was very very rarely used) that it was crap. most people using it likely didnt read properly or it was just the 1st they stumbled across and never thought about it again.

are you a troll? i read alot of your posts and you MUST be trying to trigger people cuz that crap you come out with is unfathomable.

what is your character name? what alliance? i feel we need to have an ingame dialogue.
    Edited by Kronosphere on July 29, 2015 12:55PM
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I admit, I had to laugh then Eric Wrobel compared The Mage and The Apprentice. The Apprentice was sooo much better than the mage. 5120 Spell penetration was huge.

The Apprentice would need 500+ Spell damage to compensate for that. The Mage increase my damage by around 200, the apprentice lets all my abilities hit for 400 more. I'm quite concerned, that this is a nerf instead of a buff. I hope they tested this before they made this change.

I'm not quite sure why they felt the need to nerf Spell Penetration. I understand Nirnhoned was finally brought down to what it should have been, but it still makes no sense to me.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when a player still wants health regeneration bonus, what does player is supposed to do?

IMO they should add at least a new mundus stone that would inherit health regeneration perk

Its not nice to take away one thing to add a bandaid fix to unjustified nerf to stamina and then pretend everything is okay because one stone will now regen stamina (unless you are blocking, because then you get 0).
    At least give something in exchange.

The serpent stone was giving out of combat health regen only if I remember correctly. Could be wrong as I never tried.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

It was combat regeneration.

Was, because ZOS decided to take it away and not giving any alternative.

We will now have magicka regenration stone, stamina regenration stone but no health regeneration stone?

Makes no sense.

Just like people above said, it should be added to Steed stone either stacked with speed or just replacing speed boon. Or they should create new mundus stone with health regen. Place is somewhere in each of alliance zones, one in cyriodiil and this will be fair. People will still have a choice.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I posted my concern on the patch note thread. I made a suggestion and proposed them to fuse the Armour and Spellresist Mundus (since the effect is not that strong) together to make room again for a Health Regen Mundus.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It *IS* a nerf to balance out the nerf they applied to Nirnhoned because they felt that spell penetration values were too large.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think they even said the choice to do this was because when looking at the number very few people used the Health Regeneration stone and it seemed like a good choice to switch as it effected the least people.

Granted it's going to effect some people but their numbers are showing a very small group using this right now.

This is very bad. Just because few people were using Health regen stone they decide to completly remove it?

If very few people used it then they should instead buff it and IN ADDITION TO THAT, add separate stam regen stone.

So everyone have a choice, magicka, stam and health regen.

They said in ESO live they will buff mundus stones. Instead they removed one because not many people used it?
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 29, 2015 7:04PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

We will now have magicka regenration stone, stamina regenration stone but no health regeneration stone?

Makes no sense.

Just like people above said, it should be added to Steed stone either stacked with speed or just replacing speed boon. Or they should create new mundus stone with health regen. Place is somewhere in each of alliance zones, one in cyriodiil and this will be fair. People will still have a choice.

Yup. You're right however I'm pretty sure it used to be only out of combat regen. I missed the change and I'm not surprised since health regen is such a garbage stat. Replacing the steed would be a great option for the subset that care about health regen.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking it would be cool if they replaced all the mundus stones in cyrodiil with "new" mundus stones with new traits. The old ones would still exist in PVE land for each of the 3 factions, the locations in cyrodiil would stay the same, they would just change the stat buffs for them.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health regen is such a useless stat
    #MOREORBS
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

Makes no sense.

ah my mistake i missed that change. either way its clearly bad for 99% of player and is going to be replaced by something at the very least equally as good. besides you can get loads of health regen from abilities and armor yet few things add stam regen etc. so its still a good change imo.

as for adding a new one? what? you cant just rip a new star constellation out of your ass? what? there has always been those mundus you cant just create a new one because you feel like it.
    ~House Indoril~

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

Makes no sense.

ah my mistake i missed that change. either way its clearly bad for 99% of player and is going to be replaced by something at the very least equally as good. besides you can get loads of health regen from abilities and armor yet few things add stam regen etc. so its still a good change imo.

as for adding a new one? what? you cant just rip a new star constellation out of your ass? what? there has always been those mundus you cant just create a new one because you feel like it.

I have pretty different view on that. If someone is a creator of game, they can always figure something out. But there is always second option. Adding health regen to steed mundus stone.
    When you look at CP constellation, steed has nothing to do with run speed. The ones that have something to do are The Tower and The Lover. While whole warrior constelation is related to health.

Its just their decision, if they will ignore the minority just because mundus stone was unattractive to use because of numeric values, so they will stratightforward remove it

or they will do something to make it better and try to make more people use that stone by tweaking it and balancing, to make it attractive choice on par with other stones and to keep diversity in game.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 30, 2015 6:35AM
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    Health regen sucks. No questions added.
    If you rely on health regen for ANY vet dungeon or Trial you are dead.

Don't ask a dead horse to run. No health regen please.
    There is Love
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rshidva wrote: »
    Health regen sucks. No questions added.

Don't ask a dead horse to run. No health regen please.

Update 1.7 was supposed to bring balance to mundus stones.

Removing is not balancing. Balancing would be bringing that stone on par with others.

Also, your generic statement "If you rely on health regen for ANY vet dungeon or Trial you are dead. " is invalid but its not the topic of this thread.

I dont see why anyone would want to have something removed only because it sucked. If something is significantly worse than other things, you look into it why is it that way and make something to balance things. Just removing it was lazy move.

"Health regen sucks. No questions added.

Don't ask a dead horse to run. No health regen please. "

Also when i see statements like that "it sucks, kthx gtfo, remove it" the only thing that comes to my mind is that its quite the opposite, health regen is good and someone who posts things like that is very happy its being removed, because for example, he is a DPS in PVP and didnt like how people could regenerate after failed attempt to one shot kill them. Thats just assumption.

Because i cant imagine why someone could be happy when game is losing its diversity.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on July 30, 2015 7:12AM
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

Makes no sense.

I have pretty different view on that. If someone is a creator of game, they can always figure something out. But there is always second option. Adding health regen to steed mundus stone.
    When you look at CP constellation, steed has nothing to do with run speed. The ones that have something to do are The Tower and The Lover. While whole warrior constelation is related to health.

Its just their decision, if they will ignore the minority just because mundus stone was unattractive to use because of numeric values, so they will stratightforward remove it

or they will do something to make it better and try to make more people use that stone by tweaking it and balancing, to make it attractive choice on par with other stones and to keep diversity in game.

im fine with adding it to something else or even buffing it (ofc im also fine with stam regen mundus as im a tank) but if you mean create a whole new mundus then no that is far too lore breaking. its literally like adding another month to the year on a game that is supposed to reflect the real world for example. if you dont mean that then nvm miscommunication.
    ~House Indoril~

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

Makes no sense.

im fine with adding it to something else or even buffing it (ofc im also fine with stam regen mundus as im a tank) but if you mean create a whole new mundus then no that is far too lore breaking. its literally like adding another month to the year on a game that is supposed to reflect the real world for example. if you dont mean that then nvm miscommunication.

Yeah, its only fair to have an option to every type of player, in pairs

mundus stone max hp
    mundus stone max stamina
    mundus stone max magicka
    mundus stone hp regen
    mundus stone stam regen
    mundus stone magicka regen

This way noone is discriminated. It was already bad there was no stam regen mundus stone. But taking away one thing and replacing with another is also bad.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft
    @Kronosphere

PQC60M9.png

Makes no sense.

Yeah, its only fair to have an option to every type of player, in pairs

mundus stone max hp
    mundus stone max stamina
    mundus stone max magicka
    mundus stone hp regen
    mundus stone stam regen
    mundus stone magicka regen

This way noone is discriminated. It was already bad there was no stam regen mundus stone. But taking away one thing and replacing with another is also bad.

Thats fair. would you however agree it is more favorable to lack something a small % use and have something alot of people may enjoy and use?

i mean if you HAD to choose one.
    Edited by Kronosphere on July 30, 2015 8:07AM
    ~House Indoril~

• asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭

This is very bad. Just because few people were using Health regen stone they decide to completly remove it?

If very few people used it then they should instead buff it and IN ADDITION TO THAT, add separate stam regen stone.

They said in ESO live they will buff mundus stones. Instead they removed one because not many people used it?

Maybe they just thought it was a good idea to remove crap options. They decided players need to be saved from themselves - by removing poor choices it helps reduce poor builds, which helps reduce the need to nerf content as a result of people whining it was too hard for their *** poor builds to complete?
    Just a thought.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    asteldian wrote: »

Maybe they just thought it was a good idea to remove crap options. They decided players need to be saved from themselves - by removing poor choices it helps reduce poor builds, which helps reduce the need to nerf content as a result of people whining it was too hard for their *** poor builds to complete?
    Just a thought.

Have you ever played a Health Regen tank? I have been leveling one and last time I did a Vet Dungeon the heal barely needed to heal me during boss fights, and that was a VR8 vet dungeon while I was VR6. I even soloed Silver Bogdan after my team failed to do gold, and left, because I was able to sustain and recover all the damage throwed at me the whole fight.

For trials that's another story and I couldn't know since I'm not there yet with my tank. But definitly effective for tanking Vet Dungeons and even call it a cake walk.

Also Caltrops is going to loose its melee tag and will no longer proc Red Diamond passive. So all Imperial stats stackers can say good bye to that stupid, broken element of the game which made Robust passive irrelevant for way to long while it was never a bad passive to begin with.