The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.1.1

• ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    hm.....not to much in there.
    Kinda...disappointing...

They made a fix for like 95% of the problems we have been having. How can you not like this?

Honestly I trust and expect the bugs to get mostly sorted out. I don't like this because I wanted more actual changes to be made. Even if they wound up rolling back, they're ignoring a ton of feedback and refusing to even let us test out other possibilities, ex: battle spirit number tweaks, stam regen while blocking, racial passives, abilities being double nerfed by battle spirit, etc.

Fixes are great, but I wanted a chance to test new things. I have zero incentive to try anything on the PTS right now tbh.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see Templar's were again ignored.

how encouraging.....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda...disappointing...

They made a fix for like 95% of the problems we have been having. How can you not like this?

I do not believe that to be true. I have yet to see acknowledgement of other exploits FINALLY being fixed *looking at you mist form* or the many many MANY other ones that have been here since BETA. So no @ryanmjmcevoy_ESO , 95% of the things have NOT been fixed. Maybe 2% and even then that is giving them a lot of credit. I want to see actual exploits being fixed and them talking about them being fixed.

None of this "in the rare case" about the twice born star set....... in live you see A CRAP TON of people with multiple buffs on, so no it is NOT rare lol the only rare thing about that exploit is never seeing anyone use that exploit. Now that is rare.........

EDIT: Do not get me wrong though, I love that they are actively fixing the game. They are just not actively fixing the exploits...because if they were a lot of well known/hated players would not be using the exploits they are using and alot of these pvpbreaking exploits would not exist anymore, sadly that is not the case
    Edited by OGLezard on August 12, 2015 5:55PM
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait, the live stream said there was a LOT more stuff coming for Stam Sorcs. Did they decide against it or is it still coming in a couple weeks?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Insta DoT dmg of Dawnbreaker of Smiting not fixed when you Ani cancel it?
    Edited by Alcast on August 12, 2015 5:55PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see some of the players feedback is getting through. Thanks to the ZoS team and the lurkers for taking the time to read through our discussions.

Looking forward to IC.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I hear the thieves guild dlc will bring that fix @Alcast so just be patient, SOON it will be fixed.......... /sarcasm
    Edited by OGLezard on August 12, 2015 5:56PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »

I hear the thieves guild dlc will bring that fix @Alcast so just be patient, SOON it will be fixed.......... /sarcasm

gg
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    wait, the live stream said there was a LOT more stuff coming for Stam Sorcs. Did they decide against it or is it still coming in a couple weeks?

LOL I am hoping it was just left out of the notes like the first set of patch notes left out nirnhoned and other things on accident. Otherwise that sitdown with wrobel was a joke just like the first one where he specifically said Detect pots were not going to work against Dark Cloak.

But yeah, I am interested to see what the "surprise" thing he mentioned is. It's probably nothing at all "surprise! you got your hopes up!" From the looks of it, even with the new change to Thundering Presence, we will still take Boundless Storm. I will need to see what 300% increased damage looks like, but I am willing to bet it's not worth it.

The speed buff lasts 4 seconds and the damage increase is only for the first 4 meaning you are smashing this every 4 seconds. This is going to drain Stam. No thanks. I would much rather spend 3-4k Magicka and have a speed buff that lasts 7.5 seconds. Unless this 300% damage is crazy good, unlikely though.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Asrien
    Asrien
    ✭✭
    But is the obscene resource cost for making v15 and v16 armour fixed?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, cute liddle patch notes. I hope, 50% of the changes are as always not listed here and we will see them in game later :)
    Thank you very much for the changes to the Maw of the Infernal. Hope this finally makes it viable, even though his proc chance got not increased :neutral:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

LOL I am hoping it was just left out of the notes like the first set of patch notes left out nirnhoned and other things on accident. Otherwise that sitdown with wrobel was a joke just like the first one where he specifically said Detect pots were not going to work against Dark Cloak.

But yeah, I am interested to see what the "surprise" thing he mentioned is. It's probably nothing at all "surprise! you got your hopes up!" From the looks of it, even with the new change to Thundering Presence, we will still take Boundless Storm. I will need to see what 300% increased damage looks like, but I am willing to bet it's not worth it.

The speed buff lasts 4 seconds and the damage increase is only for the first 4 meaning you are smashing this every 4 seconds. This is going to drain Stam. No thanks. I would much rather spend 3-4k Magicka and have a speed buff that lasts 7.5 seconds. Unless this 300% damage is crazy good, unlikely though.

Really hoping that the surprise wasn't the 300% 4s long buff...
  • ColtPython
    ColtPython
    ✭✭✭
    Are the stats from Siphon Attacks (the 15 second morph) returned based on percentage or a fixed amount?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice patch notes, i rly like it
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about Templars. Is this a some *** joke?
    Edited by Cinbri on August 12, 2015 6:09PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ColtPython wrote: »
    Are the stats from Siphon Attacks (the 15 second morph) returned based on percentage or a fixed amount?

Fixed amount

Well i say i like em IF the armorpenstuff is working right now. Sad to see no Buffs for heavy armor at all or temps and Dk´s. The mos tannoying thing is the Armorincrease on Light Armor, welcome back to the Harry Potter Age :disappointed:
    Edited by actosh on August 12, 2015 6:11PM
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This is gonna be such a huge stamina hog. I don't see how this is gonna be any useful. It is not just the stamina cost...but it is also the loss of precious GCDs recasting Lightning Form....what the....Unless it is 2-3k DPS per target I don't see how this can be any useful.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on August 12, 2015 6:14PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( rather underwhelming
  • Etharian
    Etharian
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda...disappointing...

Honestly I trust and expect the bugs to get mostly sorted out. I don't like this because I wanted more actual changes to be made. Even if they wound up rolling back, they're ignoring a ton of feedback and refusing to even let us test out other possibilities, ex: battle spirit number tweaks, stam regen while blocking, racial passives, abilities being double nerfed by battle spirit, etc.

Fixes are great, but I wanted a chance to test new things. I have zero incentive to try anything on the PTS right now tbh.

you can do that testing and more chances when you make your own game.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

It was for sure.
    I'm quite sure, they just didn't add most of the changes to the patch notes, just check all tooltips later in game. To be honest, I like these liddle unwritten surprises the most.

Few changes for 2 weeks of pts cannot be everything. There must be something missing !
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    No fixes to the Argonian passives?

Yea, they mentioned twice that buffs were coming... I hope they just got left out (wouldn't be the first time Argonians were forgotten about!).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

It was for sure.
    I'm quite sure, they just didn't add most of the changes to the patch notes, just check all tooltips later in game. To be honest, I like these liddle unwritten surprises the most.

Few changes for 2 weeks of pts cannot be everything. There must be something missing !

You have way too much faith in ZoS.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS still decides to remove completely from game "health regeneration" mundus stone.

Instead of creating space for it to provide fair choice of:
    -max stamina/health/magicka
    - regen stamina/health/magicka

for some weird reason players will be able to choose from anything but health regen.
    Create new mundus stone for health regen (or stamina regen, because the only reason they removed health regen is to make space for bandaid stamina regen fix)? NOPE
    Merge some lesser mundus stones into one to make space for stamina regen (and keep health regen without change)? NOPE
    Play as you want, and have choices what to pick (pick one mundus stone, sacrifice others)? NOPE if you want to pick health regen.

ZOS still decides to support unfair access to VR15/VR16 materials by making them exclusively DLC only, by the "VR15/VR16 gear in old dungeons will drop only from minibosses and bosses".

You QQ more than anyone I have ever seen on any forums.
    The DLC is an expansion so you can further progress your character, every game does this and most make the purchase and the new content required in order to progress. Be happy there is actually a limited alternative here for progression without the DLC. Feel lucky you dont even have to pay a sub fee to even play the game.

As for your signiture.. I think you are playing the wrong game. if you want PVP and PVE seperate go play GW2. Since the beginning ZOS has been very clear that ESO is a mixed PVP and PVE game where you NEED to do both to have everything and be as strong as possible.
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on August 12, 2015 6:26PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Clarebear wrote: »
    What about Racial changes?

There are some racial passive changes in this patch. We're tracking down the exact changes now, and will update everyone as soon as we have them squared away. We'll also add them to today's patch notes. Apologies, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    No fixes to the Argonian passives?

Yea, they mentioned twice that buffs were coming... I hope they just got left out (wouldn't be the first time Argonians were forgotten about!).

It took time for the Argonians to take revenge on their former enslavers and it will take time until you get what you want, people from the marshes. But it will happen at one point :) Maybe all it takes is a vulcano eruption and surpriiiiise.

We Altmer were waiting for buffs for 2 years, after 2 mean nerfs and 2 years of enduring half breed humans and impure elves being equal magicians. Then the buff came, then they announced to take it away from us again, because half breed humans and impure elves put up a fight :neutral: This is our sad High elven life.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL no please no!

This is gonna be such a huge stamina hog. I don't see how this is gonna be any useful. It is not just the stamina cost...but it is also the loss of precious GCDs recasting Lightning Form....what the....Unless it is 2-3k DPS per target I don't see how this can be any useful.

I agree. Completely.
    This seems like a PvE buff that does not overlap into PvP. Again, we will know more when we see actual numbers. I will likely test it on Sunshine who has a decent amount of resist. Hopes dashed :(
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to stop complaining, these are good changes.

Thanks for the siphoning changes ZOS; much appreciated. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 12, 2015 6:49PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL no please no!

I agree. Completely.
    This seems like a PvE buff that does not overlap into PvP. Again, we will know more when we see actual numbers. I will likely test it on Sunshine who has a decent amount of resist. Hopes dashed :(

What are you complaining about lol the STAMINA (key word is stamina) morph of the skill will do 300% more than the magicka version....... I dont know about you guys but in what world can you use stamina to turn yourself into a lightning form...... let alone a lightning form that does more damage than the magicka form....... makes no sense lol none. Stamina is just silly when you think about it being able to cast MAGICKA skills..... the game has gone completely crazy, stamina casting heals, stamina casting magick skills...... just lol
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    People need to stop complaining, these are good changes.
    You CAN regen stam while blocking IF you're the right race which has stam regen; #do_you_even_read_bro

Thanks for the siphoning changes ZOS; much appreciated. @ZOS_GinaBruno

You... realize that they fixed an issue that ALLOWED that, right? Meaning they removed the ability for stamina passives to regen stamina while blocking.

"Fixed an issue that allowed those with racial passives which increased Stamina Recovery to still recover Stamina while blocking."
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nothing with certain the flying dagger ranks that ate getting 20k+ damage?

Nothing with the templar biting jabs damage that is doing 15k plus through heavy armor?

And nothing on sorcerers damage shields (hardened ward I think) that was giving it's full damage shield buff?

Just checking if these are intended and not exploits at this point...
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit