Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.1

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Humanoids will now occasionally drop healthy snacks when killed.
    Snap into a Slim Jim!
    EDIT: for those who want to know the reference: Slim Jim commercial
    snap-into-a-slim-jim-o.gif
    BONUS: Skyrim mod shown replacing Dragons with Randy Savage
    Edited by glak on February 9, 2015 3:05PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reremnu wrote: »
    are you serious? care to do some serious work on racial passives balance?
    Why are you ignoring threads regarding racial imbalance/race change
    (like this for example or plethora other topics regarding the issue)?

Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

Are we going to get a free race change, consider how vastly different some of the racials will be in 1.6?
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slightly reduced the value that Cleanse heals allies for to 15%, 16%, 17%, and 18% of their maximum health from 18%, 19%, 20%, and 21%.

Restoration Staff

Fixed an issue where Restoration Expert and Restoration Master were increasing all healing done; this was not working as intended. Restoration Expert and Restoration Master now only increase healing done with Restoration Staff abilities. The ability tool-tips for these passives have been updated to reflect this fix.

Immovable: This ability now grants crowd-control immunity for 5 seconds instead of the full duration of the ability. The maximum rank of this ability and its morphs now lasts for 15 seconds.

Catalyst: Increased the amount of Ultimate this passive ability restores after drinking a potion to 6/12 from 4/8.

Read all of the changes and promptly cancelled my subscription... not that it matters anymore anyway.

Cleanse didn't cost enough, you fixed that... no reason to nerf the heal since it's not actually a big heal anyway.

Resto staff is a NERF, not a "fix". The tooltip has clearly read since launch "all healing". Please correct your patch notes. There is no way you overlooked the function of a major passive for 9+ months. Either every passive now has to only affect the skills in its own tree or you're just nerfing Templars into the *** ground for no god damn reason. Damage is already so insanely high on PTS I can't out-heal a single person with the intent to just focus me. Not only that you nerf healing, but I see that Wrecking Blow wasn't working correctly and apparently was supposed to be critting me for MORE than 10k damage...

So basically I have to run heavy armor or a *** ton of stam + arena set to not be hit by the 40 stuns going out in PvP all the time. *** brilliant.

Catalyst is a champion system passive, not a NB passive. Sorry. NB's are not alchemists and cannot be the best at alchemy because that does not allow me to play the way I want to play, the same *** reason you're nerfing templar healing into the ground.
  • Suntzu1414
    PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

is this combat frenzy or kills in general?

This is for PVP kills, in general. The Ultimate Combat Frenzy grants was reduced from 25 to 20 at Rank II.

Does this impact class specific Morphs, that generate Ult (from kills)?

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really @ZOS_GinaBruno? On your ESO Live your Dev adimited they were looking into sorcerer's numbers because the DPS was too low and this is the best you guys could come up with?

You sort of buff the ultimate almost no sorcerer manages to use and destroy the only spell that made Sorcerers needed for Trials? Do you realize most end game guilds will only allow for one sorcerer in their core group? Do you understand the only reason they allow that one sorcerer is because they need Negate?

You guys just killed our class...
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Really @ZOS_GinaBruno? On your ESO Live your Dev adimited they were looking into sorcerer's numbers because the DPS was too low and this is the best you guys could come up with?

You sort of buff the ultimate almost no sorcerer manages to use and destroy the only spell that made Sorcerers needed for Trials? Do you realize most end game guilds will only allow for one sorcerer in their core group? Do you understand the only reason they allow that one sorcerer is because they need Negate?

The new overload light attack hits like a truck now. If only we could get rid of the GCD again...
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on February 4, 2015 3:27AM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    • Negate Magic: This Ultimate ability now removes enemy-placed effects when it is initially cast instead of constantly for the entire duration of the ability. Also, this ability’s cost has been reduced by 10%.

This Ultimate ability is no longer ultimate. I guess that's what we get for constantly whining how bad most Sorc skills are.

It's still an ultimate. It dispels any effects that were in the area when you drop it, and it keeps people inside of the area from activating any new magicka effects, plus whatever the other effects from the morph you choose.

Yes, it's less effective than it was before, but there were plenty of folks that felt Negate was too strong in that regard anyway as the only ultimate to trump all other ultimates. In case you haven't noticed they are reducing ultimate gain, which means ultimates are going to be more spaced out in usage. In the previous system, the excessive cancelling of not only existing ultimates, but also ALL OTHER ULTIMATES EXCEPT ANOTHER NEGATE was perhaps more viable because people built them up faster. With them being slower to generate, Zenimax is simply making a change to head off all the complaints that are going to happen when the only ultimate existing on the battlefield is going to be Negate.

So they nerf an ability because of PvP and by doing so destroy the class for PvE. Great balancing job there.

You do realize Negate is... Ops, was the only reason Sorcerers were ever allowed into end game trial right? We hve the worst AoE DPS in the game; Our single target DPS could only beat Templar DPS and now we can't even do that; we don't have any class heals... Sorcerers offer nothing useful to a raid now...
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

The new overload light attack hits like a truck now. If only we could get rid of the GCD again...

Problem is, DPS alone doesn't get a class into Trials. You need to be useful to the raid in general and the only really good buff we can offer now is with Atronach and that only affects 1 person.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the "cant block when feared" change. Fear is the only spell that cant be blocked and it is to be kept this way because of its unique role. Fine. But since we have ZERO way to prevent being feared, I don't agree we should have ZERO way of mitigating the guaranteed incoming damage aside from a costly CC break, which is hardly a guaranteed option.

I don't like how you sneak in unnecessary nerfs. Really? You just HAD to reduced the heal to cleanse by 3%. Please, by all means, please inform your loyal customers exactly how that 3% was ruining game balance. Like you did not have better things to examine in your free time? Are you joking?

I also dislike the resto staff nerf. It's not a fix. The poster above me is correct: The tooltip has clearly read since launch "all healing". There is no way you overlooked the function of a major passive for 9+ months. If you want to make other classes worthy healers that's fine, but you do this BY MAKING THEM HEAL BETTER, not by nerfing the Templar. My DK isn't invited to Sanctum Raids because SHE CANT HEAL IT. Nerfing "cleanse" by 3% doesn't change this...
  • addappt
    addappt
    So negate has been negated, gg zos :(
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious why sorcs needed 10k+ damage light attacks with overload up. ZOS you need to quit listening to morons who think sorcs are weak, they're not... Every decent pvper knows this...
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Still no champion point exp needed reduction this is disappointing...

There's no need to change the exp, what there is a need to do is change the EXP provided for completing veteran dungeon and trial end bosses (not early bosses as they would get farmed) by a massive amount.

i completed AA on the PTS and got 50k exp, and that was a slow run as we figured out what had changed, killing all trash etc.

I shoudl get alt east 100k-125k for AA and HRC since they are being rescaled to be not be a joke, and a similar amount for veteran dungeons. SO completes should be worth more than 1 CP, as they take well over an hour and are hardly farmable.

incentivize us to run the content, not to farm. Make the exp for doing the things we should be doing bring in CP at a decent rate. If I play for an hour and do the things I ought to be doing as a capped pve char - a vet dungeon and a trial - with inspiration, I should get my CP in that hour.

Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious why sorcs needed 10k+ damage light attacks with overload up. ZOS you need to quit listening to morons who think sorcs are weak, they're not... Every decent pvper knows this...

And every PvEr knows Sorcs are... Sorry, were negate bots. Now they are just useless.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also disagree with the change to the resto staff. You most certainly did intend to have it work that way with all heals since you have had in the game so long. Either restore it or change all other healing spells to compensate for that stupid move.
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    So single ingredients now cost 150g meaning that provisioners will have to pay around 45 - 60k for 3 - 4 stacks of ingredients, maybe more to craft recipes that require it? Seriously guys that's a lot of gold. New players are not going to be able to afford to level their provisioning craft without having to resort to stealing and fencing items to make money, whether they want to or not.

75g per ingredient is plenty and while that would still equate to 7500k per 100 stack of ingredients it would at least be a bit more reasonable for everyone, not just max level players who may have the gold to throw at it. Please amend this change guys.

Another thing that needs to be fixed is the usefulness of max level hirelings. Not everyone wants to do crafting writs. Reducing the already slim chances of getting gold tempers etc through maxed out hirelings in order to force people to do the crafting writs certainly isn't the way forward. Please return our hireling to their former glory and allow people to decide for themselves whether they actually want to do crafting writs or not without feeling as though they're being shoehorned into doing them.
    Edited by Aleraon on February 4, 2015 4:57AM
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    150g for a piece of food? Smoking the Skooma during development time again are we?
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you intend to put exp boosts in the cash shop in the future based on the time it take to gain a cp being so high right now ? New players coming in 3 months after 1.6 goes live will have serious trouble catching up.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no champion point exp needed reduction this is disappointing...

I would hope that they don't.
    Edited by Domander on February 4, 2015 5:47AM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please give us free race change or at least put it in the store asap. My class and my racial passives are so wildly different then when I made my main character in the early access period.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • snipeopsub17_ESO
    Templar Aedric Skill line has a passive (the bottom one) that buffs the weapon damage of Aedric skill line abilities. Pretty sure since they use magicka they are spell damage now.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All_Bizniz wrote: »
    WOW you all must be high. ZOS your 'fixes' are ridiculous. 1.6 should come out April 1st because this is a joke. I'm very sad and ill be quitting the game. (loved you eso... at one time)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content]

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Oh, and - can I have your stuff? :P
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are PVP whiners seriously complaining about Overload, which costs 22 ultimate per shot in a game where you're only allowed to gain 3 ultimate per second?

Please, just step away from the keyboard and go away. PVPers have done enough damage to Sorcs already!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Inubis
    Inubis
    ✭✭✭
    I find some of these changes to be hysterical. Let me start by saying that I personally do not want ESO to fail. I overall enjoy playing this game and would like you to establish some serious balance between classes. I primarily play as a Sorc which are sort of becoming “the runt” of the classes. To make a sorc work for End-Game PVE you really need to stretch yourself as a player which many casual gamers are not willing to do. Prior to 1.6 you quickly learn that sadly anything in the sorc skill tree has been nerfed so hard that for sustained DPS (like trials) it’s rather useless. Many will end up picking up the very boring and uneventful Crushing Shock rotation coupled with surge, expert hunter and some light weaves.

What sorcs can do, if you know what you’re doing is high burst damage. This is not sustainable DPS because much of it is like queuing a combo in a fighting game. It’s not a repeatable rotation that will continue to generate big numbers in PVE. HOWEVER in PVP this is acceptable because honestly having the ability to suddenly cause high damage to a target which may have seemed instantaneous is a big deal.

The obvious thing I am not sure ZO is getting is that balancing a game between PVP and PVE environments is hard, in fact VERY HARD. Because something that makes a class OP in PVE might mean little in PVP and vice versa. I am fine with PVE becoming hell of a lot harder in 1.6 TBH I would love it but there are some simple issues to address regarding not just Sorcs but DKs, NBs, and the roles they are capable of playing. I for one really enjoyed a game where a NB could roll as a healer but it feels like that option is slowly dwindling. As much as I love Sorcs many people are correct, trials guilds see very little reason to roll more than 1 sorc especially because they have issues putting out the same sustained (<- keyword here) DPS as say a “Fire Mage DK” or one of the variant DPS NB’s (plus they get a veil which is like mandatory in current trials). Negate use to be mandatory but we are beginning to see it phased out entirely.
  • asgeir.kvitvikb16_ESO
    Ageless wrote: »
    Getting into a the cooking of dishes again, I see everything has reset here as well. So now I'm up to clicking R 21 times for the Fishy Sticks, 22 times for the Rabbit Pasty, 4 times for the Breton Pork Sausage, 7 times for the Cheese Pork Schnitzel, 21 times for the Senchal Curry Fish and Rice and twice for the Camlorn Pork Sausage to get all meat dishes in.

Why not add a slider here in the food and drinks? Because pressing 59 times on R for the Surilie Syrah Wine option is not how I want to spend my evening.

Even on the Live server I have had it several times that I have more than one volume item for a dish, and it's getting tedious to press R per item. A slider, going 0 to maximum of the amount of volume items you have would be nice, allowing the making of these food and drink items in one fell swoop.

Just get the addon MultiCraft? does exactly what you're asking for :smile:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleraon wrote: »
    So single ingredients now cost 150g meaning that provisioners will have to pay around 45 - 60k for 3 - 4 stacks of ingredients, maybe more to craft recipes that require it? Seriously guys that's a lot of gold. New players are not going to be able to afford to level their provisioning craft without having to resort to stealing and fencing items to make money, whether they want to or not.

75g per ingredient is plenty and while that would still equate to 7500k per 100 stack of ingredients it would at least be a bit more reasonable for everyone, not just max level players who may have the gold to throw at it. Please amend this change guys.

Another thing that needs to be fixed is the usefulness of max level hirelings. Not everyone wants to do crafting writs. Reducing the already slim chances of getting gold tempers etc through maxed out hirelings in order to force people to do the crafting writs certainly isn't the way forward. Please return our hireling to their former glory and allow people to decide for themselves whether they actually want to do crafting writs or not without feeling as though they're being shoehorned into doing them.

I suspect they want characters out hunting wildlife for food, to level crafting. But, yeah, I agree, 150g means we now have a world where a carrot is literally more valuable than a sword or armor. Which might make sense for a city under siege, but makes no sense for the general game world.

30g-50g would make some kind of sense. 150g is a lot crazier than it sounds at first glance.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the change to immovable. It means you have to keep two different times in mind while fighting. That's bad usability.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we made some progress with surge now if you can remove it's GCD and that of Overload, restore Negate Magic. Sorcerers will start looking more viable.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really disappointed with some of the 1.6.1 changes, specifically...

uninterruptable flurry and wrecking blow - why remove the counterplay on a very powerful skill (great damage and cc) people can just chain it without worry now.

Immovable cc immunity reduced to 5 seconds? cmon it's already a cc fest in pvp

couple that with how bad blocking and dodging is, stam usage wise, on test. taking the breakout cost reduction off heavy and putting it on a morph of immovable now requiring it on both bars or you might as well have it on none.

you are taking away far too much counterplay for dealing with cc and leaving us with 1 dimensional chain stun/knockback/knockdown uninteresting gameplay.

You give us massive time/point sinks in the champion system to improve bash and then start making everything uninterruptable...

are the devs even talking to each other before they implement these things?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LF Charitable EU Crafter with a surplus of vr14 mats to make me a few pieces of light armor, a few pieces of heavy armor and a pair of destro staves! Please contact me on the PTS, @Orian_Grao. Thanks!

See you force me to do ZoS >.> Would it have been that hard to unlock our traits and give us a stack of materials to craft descent armor with?
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    SIGNIFICALLY REDUCED THE VALUE OF STOLEN ITEMS? WTH NOBODY WIL STEAL ANYMORE IF IT HAS MORE VALUE WTH

Because it was way too easy to make money? You could easily pull down 8k a day per character without hitting your fence limit, in a short enough time to make farming gold across your alts viable. Yeah... that would have done horrifying things to the economy.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I think I /bugged it, but I didn't see any confirmation. Is the issue where, when characters first getting transfered over to 1.6 loosing any items stored on their horses getting looked at, or did that one slip through the cracks?

You dont understand mate, in crime there should be no nerfing of values of items as you get bounty 3 times bigget from you actual profit and still have fence limitation...