The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.1

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HolyDragon wrote: »
    Things I like to see in future patches:

PVP:

1. Forward Camps Guild or Raid only and/or 1 hour cool down.
    2. No more rezzing at keeps. Make us rez at our gates so supply lines will be truly cut off. Creates more strategic play.
    3. Make Thorn Vet only Campaign. Make Chillrend level 25+ Campaign. Leave non-vet alone and erase the rest. Add another is pop is too high. If you do this, leave the PVE buffs alone! There wont be a "home" server anymore.
    4. Add Raid Assistants that can help recruit, boot and so on. Add another icon for this. Add another color for raid leader text in General chat and in raid so we know they are leading a raid.
    5. Give an AP bonus to Raid leaders depending on the amount of players in raid that is online. The emperor should be a person that is leading raids, not people that log in and farm off their other accounts. The good leaders will have their followers so this shouldn't be exploited much...
    6. Lower costs of items so people can get siege!!! While I am on the subject, get rid of Lightning and Ice and Scatter siege weapons or FIX them. Add more effects or damage. Right now people hardly use them and if they do, we all let them know to just get a Dom Ballista.
    7. Get rid of the FLAGGING keeps icon. If someone wants to hold a keep, make them guard it! This may be too hard but maybe have an upgrade 5 keep able to be flagged at 50% and a 0 keep not flag at all increasing it by 10% per level. That would be cool! Again, makes for more strategic play and may disperse zergs a bit.
    8. Increase damage on Fighter's guild skills. Make Fighter's guild exclusive to Vamp and WW skills. A vamp or WW with fighter's skills is silly...
    9. SHOULD make DKs reflect 50% reflect for 5 secs. Not 4 times only. While I still think you guys were smoking crack by allowing a class to REFLECT 100% of ranged damage without a significant cool down and bolstering up their melee skills, I think 50% is fair and extending it to 5 secs would be good.
    10. Vamp mist form: Don't allow them to carry scroll and mist please. That's a bit crackheadish. Thanks :)
    11. Speaking of vamps... Bats needs a MAJOR Nerf. OR and I say OR!!! You can have it where Ring of Protection negates this effect on anyone standing in it! OR you can make these "Bats" a Pet like 3 of them that do damage and we can target and kill them or just nerf the damage and healing again. Think of something but again, I am not sure how they are on the new up and coming patch but DK Vamps are crazy OP with them!
    12. Maybe have a voting system in place for Emperor? Anyone with a certain amount of AP can vote? This staying up for days to get AP is wrong in many ways. These people need help and you are encouraging them to do so. Heck, people DIE from this sort of activity!!! You want your players to die cause they want to get Emp? Change the way Emp is achieved. Maybe have an Emp in each faction so they can battle each other and even out the odds? Add a bonus for taking the keeps but change this up a bit.

Guilds:

1. If you can, and I know this is dramatically changing everything about them but if you can, only allow us to join 1 guild and 3 merchant guilds. This way we are not competing with other guilds for raids and pvp. A lot of people still like the traditional join 1 guild structure. While the newer types of people may like this "social media" type structure, it is not allowing them to form any loyalty skills, IMO. We all have opinions and that is fine to disagree with me. If you do this, here are more changes to guilds...
    2. Here is the first idea: Add a bonus structure for them. A % to any attribute in game like gold found, exp gained, HPs, Magicka, mount speed, whatever... Allow 10 ranks where we have to place 1 person per 10 people in guild in each rank. Example would be 11 people in guild, 1 person rank 1 which is guild master, 2 people allowed in rank 2 and ranks 3-10 1 person each. If these numbers get messed up by people leaving the guild you must first fill in lower ranks till it meets this quota. Now that we sorta have that down, here are ways to increase this % bonus. You rank indicates your bonus. Rank 1 gets 10% while 10 gets 1%. Loyalty bonus is 1% per month in guild with a max of lets say 10%. I wont list all ways but you can see where I am going with this. This will create a new mini game for guildies. They will want to rank up now! They should help out! They SHOULD stay in guild if it is well ran! Oh and make max membership at 300ish.
    3. Here is another guild idea: Guild skill line!!! We level this up with time in guild. Each month we unlock a new skill. If you leave the guild, you'll need to start over. Add synergies to this that only guildies can use! Make skills in each element so if used together it creates a larger effect. This will create loyalty, cooperation and another major reason to group up with your guild. Add a bonus for grouping with guildies.

Armor:

I am sure you are still tweaking this out but when I did go on my Templar in full light Seducers/Warlock armor, it was crazy squishy while not giving enough bonuses as a caster to penetrate damage or regenerate my magicka to compensate against melee heavy armored players. If you have heavy armor of course it should give you a ton of armor points. Light armor just seems a bit weak atm for spell casters imo. Of course I did not test this out as much as I should. I'm sure someone will post something about this.

Well, that's about all that I can think of for now but I hope there are some good ideas here that can help the game. I do enjoy it quite a bit and hope it gets better in time. hey trolls, try to keep it civil please. No need to insult here just give your opinions. It will help this thread a lot of you didn't. (oh boy, did I just feed em!!!! argghh)

Holydragon

I like most of these, still thinking on the others.
    Cuyler wrote: »
    5. Give an AP bonus to Raid leaders depending on the amount of players in raid that is online. The emperor should be a person that is leading raids, not people that log in and farm off their other accounts. The good leaders will have their followers so this shouldn't be exploited much...
    You're actually being serious here? I'd love to hear why you want this...

You ever lead a raid? *** is not easy.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • HolyDragon

Armor:

I am sure you are still tweaking this out but when I did go on my Templar in full light Seducers/Warlock armor, it was crazy squishy while not giving enough bonuses as a caster to penetrate damage or regenerate my magicka to compensate against melee heavy armored players. If you have heavy armor of course it should give you a ton of armor points. Light armor just seems a bit weak atm for spell casters imo. Of course I did not test this out as much as I should. I'm sure someone will post something about this.

Holydragon

Light armor is supposed to be squishy. You wouldn't go up against a bear in the woods with a robe on, no, you'd be in Heavy Steel Armor.....but then why would ANYONE go up against a bear in the woods? That is just silly in my opinion.

Did you read anything but squishy? Look at the rest plz. Thanks

Uh, you're totally welcome, I did read what you said about the Armor....everything else...no. I don't have time to read EVERYTHING you say.

Light Armor is supposed to be squishy, it's light! Nuff said

While I feel I'm beating a dead horse here, "it was crazy squishy while not giving enough bonuses as a caster to penetrate damage or regenerate my magicka to compensate against melee heavy armored players". I agree light should be hit harder against melee but Light should hit harder with spells to heavy armor or regen should be better for that trade off.. Understand yet? If not, that's fine. I'm moving on...
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this patch while good in the beginning is killing all reason for me to continue playing. i had fun on my DK but lost interest when you staggered out barbers and appearance redo... then i made a sorc she quickly became my fave then you nerfed her... then nerfed her again.... then now you buffed the one aspect of her i'll never use and nerfed the only part of her that mattered to me... i was gonna go do a NB but at the moment they are all over the place after patch stuff... and now my templar is my best until you next decide to kick her in the ovaries til she's sterile... and remove what you just gave her.

the champion system is a joke now its just slightly smaller vet grinding with less fun and places to actually level. at this point just un-nerf everything craglorn etc grind spots all that stuff i hate grinding but i also hate having no where to turn to in terms of progression dungeons are low exp and boring, quests are rehashed 3 times over 3 factions same quest difference face and voice actor. and the enlightenment.... please.... next your gonna sell enlightenment pots to make it last a few thousand exp longer... bout ready to quit eso might stop in 2 years later to see if they managed to make anything out of it or butchered it into oblivion.... im seriously tired of this paid beta crap
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    While these updates are a really good start to helping Sorcerers, I still feel they don't have equal healing that other classes have without having to use a Restoration Staff. (...) Since they are down to 3 castable spells for damage, to have to use another spot for a Restoration Staff ability for a heal IMO isn't a fair balance at all."
    Actually same as Magicka Nightblades. And no, Funnel Health is not really a heal.
  • Gilcroix
    Gilcroix
    ✭✭

Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

Argonians - Amphibious and quick to mend are both horrible.

It would be nice if some other race besides khajiit got critical strikes, for those of us who hate cats! I of course would like it on Argonians but Nord and Orc are probably better choices.

What I'd really like to see is racials done away with completely, but I don't see that happening.
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

It would be nice if some other race besides khajiit got critical strikes, for those of us who hate cats! I of course would like it on Argonians but Nord and Orc are probably better choices.

What I'd really like to see is racials done away with completely, but I don't see that happening.

With 1.6 I was hoping for balancing races with champion system - sth similar to what we have in Skyrim. Each race starts with some skills leveled up (champion points spent - Altmer dealing more elemental damage, Bosmer dealing more dmg with a bow[...] but no race can reach more than 100 points spent) and have only 1 unique skill (like Adrenaline Rush, Red Diamond, Stalthy, etc.).

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    have you ever considered approaching race balance issue taking approach mentioned above?
    Edited by Reremnu on February 5, 2015 2:10AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't take my speedy swimming away!! I love swimming so fast!
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Blood Spawn nerf. ugh. That sucks. Weeks of grinding in the toilet. :'(

with the nerf to ult this set is better not worse! even with the reduction, specially inpvp with kill ult nerfed.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What no fix to the broken tempar execute that applies 300% damage when targets are not even low health awesome.

actually it scales, it does not start at 300% bounus. it does seem to start procing too soon though.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks that templars healing has been nerfed a lot..?

Sure we needed to be in pair with others, but I think that had something to be with giving other classes a buff in healing, not nerfing the Templar. We might not be viable healers after this update... Nerf + Dungeons increase in difficulty... nothing worth to be cleaned out there anymore, Restoration staff skill line is actualy superior by long (it already was, except for breath of life)... now my templar healer will be using only restoration staff skills, won't benefit from my templar healing tree anymore.

Did you really mean to destroy templars healing tree? Buff healing hot from cleanse ritual, less cast time on healing ritual... I mean, nobody uses healing ritual anymore, hot from resto staff is way better, nothing to be cleaned up in the game, massive nerf on both healing ritual and radiant aura.

with no caps radiant aura would have been quite op, I hate to loose it but can recognise you cant have stam templars with 80% uncapped extra regen.+ all buffs work differently now giving a 5 or 20% bonus so its in line with the game. Im totally fine with staff being better, emergency BoL option is still going to make us the best, 28 meters is nothing to laugh at. with these huge changes to ult gain our healing ult buff, the ult may even turn out to be useable too, fingers crossed.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emperor should be given to people that lead imo. Not people that stay up all night for days or people that solo to gain more AP. Raid leaders are the ones trying to get things done with the help of good players joining them. It is a way to give them something for all the hard work they do. I'm sure people can think of other reasons as well but that's just my 2 cents.

LOL, what? So "people that stay up all night for days or people that solo" aren't working hard, in your opinion, but some guy who logs in for a few minutes at the same time as a bunch of his guild buddies IS working hard? Staying alive for hours because you're in the middle of a guild zerg is "hard work", while dying and riding your horse every ten minutes because you're a vulnerable solo ganker is easy?

NO, just NO. This is the same snobby guild-centric attitude that has almost ruined PVE... please don't let it ruin PVP, too.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭

Emperor should be given to people that lead imo. Not people that stay up all night for days or people that solo to gain more AP. Raid leaders are the ones trying to get things done with the help of good players joining them. It is a way to give them something for all the hard work they do. I'm sure people can think of other reasons as well but that's just my 2 cents.

LOL, what? So "people that stay up all night for days or people that solo" aren't working hard, in your opinion, but some guy who logs in for a few minutes at the same time as a bunch of his guild buddies IS working hard? Staying alive for hours because you're in the middle of a guild zerg is "hard work", while dying and riding your horse every ten minutes because you're a vulnerable solo ganker is easy?

NO, just NO. This is the same snobby guild-centric attitude that has almost ruined PVE... please don't let it ruin PVP, too.

An interesting idea would be to scale emperor/empress buffs based on number of players from his/her alliance nearby.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the patch notes
    Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Caltrops, will only snare the 6 targets who take full damage.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    As of 1.6.1 both Surge morphs now have Healing as a secondary effect.

1) Does this mean that the healing would only be effected by the first 6 targets?

2) And if that is the case then is there any reason to keep the CD on the effect?
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS the changes to negate are going to bar sorcerers from experiencing trials in competitive groups. You officially ruined the class in this one change. Can't you just reduce the radius, or duration or something instead.

Pro tip: endless CCs spam is the biggest problem in PvP, not negate. People who complain about negate in PvP need to L2P. These are the same easy mode players that zerg ball and expect nothing to challenge them. Negate was that skill that worked here and that's why they QQ.

Wake up, stop being gullible to the easymode player who just want every counter of their tactics removed from the game. It's a big bubble, just dodge roll or stay away, it's not like it lasts forever like roots/CCs.

Why would this one change suddenly ruin it for sorcerers. At this point isn't it a little early to call foul when so many other mechanics have also changed?

Nope not too early, been on the pts, seen it in action and it destroys the need for sorcerers in trials. Why? because most current trials tactics rely heavily on negates ability to dispel ground effects for the full duration.

I guess you could take 12 sorcs into a trial now and each drop a negate 1 second after the other. That would give you at least 12 seconds worth, but no, just neuwww.

If you've played a trial you'd know that sorcs are only brought along for negate and are now (more than likely) not going to be brought on competitive trial runs. Sorcs would have to top the dps charts to have a chance without a fully functioning negate. aka ruined, at least for PvE

Im not sure what you are talking about, other than the Mage hardmode tactic, I almost never see negate run in trials. We usually set up sorcs as the utility member taking care of war horn, drains and siphons, barriers, etc with their reduced ultimate cost. You probably wont see a raid of 7 sorcs like you can DKs, but they're far from useless and easy to configure as a significant improvement to overall raid dps by enhancing the other characters as much.

The reaction is overblown. Negate nerf is aimed at PVP where stacking negates is much more powerful than basically any other strategy a small, coordinated group can engage in.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one would like a khajiit racial skill called 'Sugar Rush' that makes us go faster when we are running from guards that accuse us unjustly of borrowing from pockets.

I'll get some time on the PTS after work tonight hopefully and by the end of the weekend I hope to have some sort of video put together of at least some of the costumes on my eight alts. We will see how far those testing crowns go!

You broke character!!! How dare you say this one would like, and then say I'll, and I. As a bosmer, I am offended by this.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You broke character!!! How dare you say this one would like, and then say I'll, and I. As a bosmer, I am offended by this.

Ah. You see my Khajiit wrote the first paragraph and I wrote the seond one :)

I didn't get chance to do a whole, multi character video last might because it was night in game when I logged in. Hope to have it done by the end of the weekend.

I did get a short clip of one of my alts dancing in the draugh polymorph costume. Prepare to be slightly disturbed ...

http://youtu.be/kOS89NBtURk
    Edited by SantieClaws on February 5, 2015 12:38PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Don't take my speedy swimming away!! I love swimming so fast!

100% agree. This IS a nice buff and makes a game play difference. Nothing better than streaking by someone else swimming.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well sorcerers got a huge boost. The daedric summoning line now has a lot more synergy and the pets seem like they don't actually suck anymore.
    I got 1 LOL for this comment so far, but I'm really not sure why. I took a template sorcerer and pretty much just ate my way through the mobs in Craglorn. I did this with very little set up and no points spent in the champion system. The pets now taunt, Daedric Curse now causes pets to do more damage to the target, ward seems to be as good as it was before. Please let me know if I missed something.

@eventide03b14a_ESO‌ , while Summoning is drastically improved, I suspect you got the LOL from the fact that a Summoning build should not be the only viable Sorc build, and 1.6+ is certainly trying to push it that direction.
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    istateres wrote: »
    While I appreciate the help, thats not the problem. I can ride my horse just fine, but my bag space is not augmented by the characters +50 horse space skill (or whatever its called).

Additionally, I lost 50 items from each of my characters accounts (PTS versus Live) because my horsemanship skill and the existance of a horse were not recognized on character loading. I normally have space for 140 items (90 characters 50 horse). On PTS, they all have 90 (50 items lost).

Am I really the only person with this issue? (Note, I did enter a bug ticket).

This happened to quite a few people when NA was testing, including me. This absolutely has to be fixed before live.
    @Ysne58‌ , you are not the only one. It's a glitch/bug and they have yet to correct it.

They will obviously need to address the Alt added storage from horses, as well, ensuring that Alt's have the same carry capacity as they do in Live. You might consider having everything you definitely want to keep in your Bank and not on your person right before 1.6+ does go live, just in case...

@HolyDragon‌ , you do get an AP bonus as a Raid leader - you get more AP's being part of a 20 man group earning AP's, do you not?

Emperors should not automatically be a person leading raids, perhaps the person successfully leading raids. Having a crown on your head (Group Leader) and gathering a handful of individuals does not automatically qualify for bonus. (There are exceptions, obviously).

Personally, I've always thought that dethroning the Emperor should involve dethroning the emperor. Shouldn't execution of the king be standard fare in the process of overtaking the kingdom?

Obviously there is difficulty implementing this with time constraints (he/she has to be logged to be executed). Right now, simply capturing enough farms, keeps, and players, it still feels like something is missing from the formula.

Armor:

Holydragon

Light armor is supposed to be squishy. You wouldn't go up against a bear in the woods with a robe on, no, you'd be in Heavy Steel Armor.....but then why would ANYONE go up against a bear in the woods? That is just silly in my opinion.

Did you read anything but squishy? Look at the rest plz. Thanks

Uh, you're totally welcome, I did read what you said about the Armor....everything else...no. I don't have time to read EVERYTHING you say.

Light Armor is supposed to be squishy, it's light! Nuff said

While I feel I'm beating a dead horse here, "it was crazy squishy while not giving enough bonuses as a caster to penetrate damage or regenerate my magicka to compensate against melee heavy armored players". I agree light should be hit harder against melee but Light should hit harder with spells to heavy armor or regen should be better for that trade off.. Understand yet? If not, that's fine. I'm moving on...

@HolyDragon‌ , dead horse is dead. However, agreed, LA should take more physical damage, HA should take more magical/elemental damage.

I'm gonna go put my metal teapot on the stove and see what the result is... (HA wearers assure me it won't get hot)

The general consensus (it seems) is that Light Armor should have no advantages, which is pointless.

Now please step back from the horse. "Charging...CLEAR!..."
    Reremnu wrote: »

An interesting idea would be to scale emperor/empress buffs based on number of players from his/her alliance nearby.

@Emma_Eunjung‌ , agreed, if anything, there should be bonuses for the smaller groups/solo's, as there is significantly more involved. It lessens the benefit behind scouting, etc.

Where are the AP's gonna be at? The guy that sneaks halfway across the map to provide intelligence to the group of 20 that adjust accordingly, or the group of 20 that's fighting.

There needs to be incentive (Scouting quests hardly qualify) for Solo/smaller group benefit in Cyrodiil. Not saying there should not be large groups, as they certainly have their place, but there should be opportunity for both.

Not being able to always be in the middle of a 24-man should not automatically exclude placement on the list.

@Reremnu‌ , that's interesting indeed. There should be more involved in maintaining Emperorship and defending the kingdom.

I realize not losing the keeps is an integral part of that, but it still seems like there should be more.

I'd love it if Emperors (or "Alliance leaders", as it is) could create their own "quests" and send out parties for various tasks to be done even when they're not online.

Rank should come with leadership abilities for others in the kingdom, though I realize this would lead to more exclusivity and exploiting (*Cough* Emperor Swapping/Farming *Cough*).

The ability to send out NPC (not mercenary level) squads for various things or task assignments for the smaller groups etc...

There needs to be something more.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ever lead a raid? *** is not easy.

Lol yes....and I didn't say it was easy, I said is wasn't "hard work". Give me a break lol its a game not the WWII eastern European campaign.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »
    @ZOS the changes to negate are going to bar sorcerers from experiencing trials in competitive groups. You officially ruined the class in this one change. Can't you just reduce the radius, or duration or something instead.

Pro tip: endless CCs spam is the biggest problem in PvP, not negate. People who complain about negate in PvP need to L2P. These are the same easy mode players that zerg ball and expect nothing to challenge them. Negate was that skill that worked here and that's why they QQ.

Wake up, stop being gullible to the easymode player who just want every counter of their tactics removed from the game. It's a big bubble, just dodge roll or stay away, it's not like it lasts forever like roots/CCs.

Why would this one change suddenly ruin it for sorcerers. At this point isn't it a little early to call foul when so many other mechanics have also changed?

Nope not too early, been on the pts, seen it in action and it destroys the need for sorcerers in trials. Why? because most current trials tactics rely heavily on negates ability to dispel ground effects for the full duration.

I guess you could take 12 sorcs into a trial now and each drop a negate 1 second after the other. That would give you at least 12 seconds worth, but no, just neuwww.

If you've played a trial you'd know that sorcs are only brought along for negate and are now (more than likely) not going to be brought on competitive trial runs. Sorcs would have to top the dps charts to have a chance without a fully functioning negate. aka ruined, at least for PvE

Im not sure what you are talking about, other than the Mage hardmode tactic, I almost never see negate run in trials. We usually set up sorcs as the utility member taking care of war horn, drains and siphons, barriers, etc with their reduced ultimate cost. You probably wont see a raid of 7 sorcs like you can DKs, but they're far from useless and easy to configure as a significant improvement to overall raid dps by enhancing the other characters as much.

The reaction is overblown. Negate nerf is aimed at PVP where stacking negates is much more powerful than basically any other strategy a small, coordinated group can engage in.

Is this because you have brought along all DKs and NBs? You're almost reinforcing my point here. Plus any class can provide the utility you speak of.....so again no need for sorcs. Thanks for helping to make my point.
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭

Is this because you have brought along all DKs and NBs? You're almost reinforcing my point here. Plus any class can provide the utility you speak of.....so again no need for sorcs. Thanks for helping to make my point.

I'm not disagreeing sorcs aren't in a great place, but you can take 1-2 for pretty much any content and the reasons don't have much to do with negate.

My argument is that nerfing negate doesn't change the situation - sorcs need to get better at other things, either way, as negate isn't currently fixing the problem or the thing getting sorcs into most trials.

I have a sorc, and I would love for it to get better. But negate, in PVE trial content, isn't what gets a sorc into groups right now. So this nerf isn't really that relevant to that problem, which is that magicka sorc dps needs to be better. You can already make a 1400 dps stamina build and be plenty useful.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well sorcerers got a huge boost. The daedric summoning line now has a lot more synergy and the pets seem like they don't actually suck anymore.
    I got 1 LOL for this comment so far, but I'm really not sure why. I took a template sorcerer and pretty much just ate my way through the mobs in Craglorn. I did this with very little set up and no points spent in the champion system. The pets now taunt, Daedric Curse now causes pets to do more damage to the target, ward seems to be as good as it was before. Please let me know if I missed something.

@eventide03b14a_ESO‌ , while Summoning is drastically improved, I suspect you got the LOL from the fact that a Summoning build should not be the only viable Sorc build, and 1.6+ is certainly trying to push it that direction.
    I didn't have time to play around with other builds, but I don't see sorcerers as ever really being viable with stamina in this game. This is a limitation imposed by the devs because they decided to include classes. At least dark exchange has become more versatile now that you can choose how it morphs, but it doesn't work across the board with some of their choices of morphs.

I feel like choosing a handful of morphs that are now "stamina" based actually restricts us further. Just because they have decided that an ability should be stamina based doesn't mean that we as players agree. My nightblade had several abilities that I used to love playing with a stamina build because they didn't eat into my stamina resources.

:trollin:
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reremnu wrote: »
    are you serious? care to do some serious work on racial passives balance?
    Why are you ignoring threads regarding racial imbalance/race change
    (like this for example or plethora other topics regarding the issue)?

Argonian passives need some work.
    - With the changes to (i.e. complete removal of) potion effectiveness buffs, The new +6% health/mag/stam restore from Amphibious relies on constant potion use - items you have to buy, craft, or loot, much less useful than otheer race's constantly working buffs.
    - Amphibious also grants the +swim speed, but let's face it: although useful & convenient because swimming is painfully slow, the most it does is improve our ability to escape slaughterfish, and has no benefit in battle.
    - Our bonuses to health, disease resist, and poison resist are rather paltry compared to the bonuses that other races get to their stats and resistances.
    - On top of that, our +4% healing received is useful only for tanks, and truthfully much less useful for tanks than other racial passives.

Things Argonian players might like to see:
    - Change +4% healing received to +4% healing given (also fits in with Argonian-as-Shaman lore).
    - Divorce health bonus from resistances so that our poison & disease resistances can be as effective as those of other races (Compare to Dunmer's fire resist).
    - The lore around Argonians depicts a race of Assassins & Shamans. Perhaps a reduction to sneak detection radius would be appropriate (or in conjunction with bonuses to healing, might be OP.) A stamina increase instead of a health bonus might be appropriate as well.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭

- Amphibious also grants the +swim speed, but let's face it: although useful & convenient because swimming is painfully slow, the most it does is improve our ability to escape slaughterfish, and has no benefit in battle.

That's like arguing that faster horses are a waste of money because they have no benefit in combat. Not everything is about combat. As an Argonian, I appreciate that swimmings is NOT painfully slow; making getting places faster (or retreating into water faster).
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭

- Change +4% healing received to +4% healing given (also fits in with Argonian-as-Shaman lore).
    - Divorce health bonus from resistances so that our poison & disease resistances can be as effective as those of other races (Compare to Dunmer's fire resist).

In all Argoian groups, +4% healing recieved IS +4% healing given. I like it the way it is.

I agree that the amount of poision and disease resistance isn't enough, but simply increasing it by 25% would be a better fix.

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not disagreeing sorcs aren't in a great place, but you can take 1-2 for pretty much any content and the reasons don't have much to do with negate.

My argument is that nerfing negate doesn't change the situation - sorcs need to get better at other things, either way, as negate isn't currently fixing the problem or the thing getting sorcs into most trials.

I have a sorc, and I would love for it to get better. But negate, in PVE trial content, isn't what gets a sorc into groups right now. So this nerf isn't really that relevant to that problem, which is that magicka sorc dps needs to be better. You can already make a 1400 dps stamina build and be plenty useful.

I disagree. Maybe I missed where you mention what gets a sorcs on a trials team without negate....could you reiterate?

The only thing I saw you mention was the utility skills that any other class can bring with them therefore not requiring a sorc. Or possibly a 1400 dps stamina sorc build. Which again doesn't provide anything that another class can offer.

Your experience in trials groups may not require a negate, however it's common knowledge that 90% of raid groups bring the sorcs only for their negate. I assure you, you're in the minority here if your raid groups aren't using them.

Truth is this. Nerfing negate does change the situation for 90% of sorcs in this game.

It's a gimped class for sure. I'll be forcing myself to try a stamina sorc (hate this with a passion) already due to mag dps being downright horrible. If negate stays gimped the change will just make me level my DK finally.
    Edited by Cuyler on February 5, 2015 5:08PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    While these updates are a really good start to helping Sorcerers, I still feel they don't have equal healing that other classes have without having to use a Restoration Staff. (...) Since they are down to 3 castable spells for damage, to have to use another spot for a Restoration Staff ability for a heal IMO isn't a fair balance at all."
    Actually same as Magicka Nightblades. And no, Funnel Health is not really a heal.

Yeah, I was looking over Nightblade skills this morning and they are in the same sinking ship as Sorcerers. No instant heals like DK's and Templars even when they use a Resto Staff.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Bat nerfs? Still? They've already been nerfed quite a bit, but more importantly - just get out of their range when you see them!! Roll dodge, run, jump, or whatever other method of movement suits your fancy...it's a very simply concept, and really not that hard to do. I might slightly agree that the *synergy* between Vamp and DK is a bit OP, but that is not a cause of Vamp itself. Bats need no more nerfs. That horse is long dead - stop beating it.

People keep going on and on about bats and standards lol. They are good for dropping Ulti on flags...

But the instant death in PvP is now (well has been for a while) coming from rolling zerg trains spamming Wall of Elements and Impulse.

With AOE cap removed we'll see what changes, but since one of the key words here is "ROLLING" there's a good chance the tactic will still work after 1.6, or might just require some small modifications to be affective.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

I disagree. Maybe I missed where you mention what gets a sorcs on a trials team without negate....could you reiterate?

The only thing I saw you mention was the utility skills that any other class can bring with them therefore not requiring a sorc. Or possibly a 1400 dps stamina sorc build. Which again doesn't provide anything that another class can offer.

Your experience in trials groups may not require a negate, however it's common knowledge that 90% of raid groups bring the sorcs only for their negate. I assure you, you're in the minority here if your raid groups aren't using them.

Truth is this. Nerfing negate does change the situation for 90% of sorcs in this game.

It's a gimped class for sure. I'll be forcing myself to try a stamina sorc (hate this with a passion) already due to mag dps being downright horrible. If negate stays gimped the change will just make me level my DK finally.[/quote]

its a new game and everything will change, what your talking about is elite groups placing restrictions, yes thats a problem but we are going to have to develop new strategies anyway. so we took two templar healers to AA and with the ult gain there is just no way we can drop all of the novas. I WILL NOT start a qq thread about it, I will learn with my group new ways to get through, not declare if we cant do the exact same strategy to a tea than its broken and bad.

that said, I agree that the nerf seems a bit much in pvp you can simply cc break negate and cast im not sure why they made it this way.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

Really? Bat nerfs? Still? They've already been nerfed quite a bit, but more importantly - just get out of their range when you see them!! Roll dodge, run, jump, or whatever other method of movement suits your fancy...it's a very simply concept, and really not that hard to do. I might slightly agree that the *synergy* between Vamp and DK is a bit OP, but that is not a cause of Vamp itself. Bats need no more nerfs. That horse is long dead - stop beating it.

People keep going on and on about bats and standards lol. They are good for dropping Ulti on flags...

But the instant death in PvP is now (well has been for a while) coming from rolling zerg trains spamming Wall of Elements and Impulse.

With AOE cap removed we'll see what changes, but since one of the key words here is "ROLLING" there's a good chance the tactic will still work after 1.6, or might just require some small modifications to be affective.

Wall of elements overwrites itself now and the new zerg buster does the job so once we have several people up to Assault Level 7 (I believe that's right) then those zergs will be dead or scattered.