The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.1

• sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Spawn gear got nerfed to 15 ultimate instead of 25...wow

Things that are too strong are getting balanced. This is a good thing. I am still trying to collect my blood spawn shoulders :)
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.. Bloodspawn set, I will mourn you :(
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

is this combat frenzy or kills in general?

This is for PVP kills, in general. The Ultimate Combat Frenzy grants was reduced from 25 to 20 at Rank II.

Quick question!

I believe in the fighter guild skill line there is the slayer passive? Idk if thats the correct passive but I know there is one that grants 9 ultimate when killing an undead.

Does this count for killing player vampires as well? and If i have the master hunter passive will i gain 9 ulti for killing players in Werewolf form?

P.S. thank you for the Bosmer update!!! :D
    Edited by bosmern_ESO on February 3, 2015 8:41PM
    ~Thallen~
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Will the NA Characters be copied again with the next patch? I would like to test the loss of items, among other things.

The Moot Councillor
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Brewers and chefs no longer sell Provisioning ingredients. Why would they empower you to produce your own goods? They want you to consume theirs.
    Grocers now sell provisioning ingredients for 150 gold per item.

How is this going to affect the stale items in our inventory? The original idea was to give us 10g per item so that new items can be purchased. Now, we can't buy items from brewers and chefs and those we can buy from a grocer cost 150g.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reremnu wrote: »
    are you serious? care to do some serious work on racial passives balance?
    Why are you ignoring threads regarding racial imbalance/race change
    (like this for example or plethora other topics regarding the issue)?

Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

Nords

health regen is awful
    Frost resist is useless

3% health increase and the damage decrease are the only two that are worth anything.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blood Spawn nerf. ugh. That sucks. Weeks of grinding in the toilet. :'(
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uninterruptable Wrecking Blow is going to be interesting.

Oh...they removed Dawnbreakers cast time also...Now that's really interesting, as it eats Vampires

All melee abilities with cast times must be uninterruptable or they become useless due to bash spam, venom arrow spam, force shock spam, etc. Melee cast time is much different than ranged cast time, because its much easier to interrupt and much harder to land. Melee is inherently at a disadvantage. Just think about whether snipe gets more kills in pvp, or wrecking blow. The devs are making some great changes. Flurry would be worthless too if it could be interrupted. Same with melee heavy attacks. In the future, they will make ranged heavy attacks interruptable, but melee heavy attacks non interruptable. This helps to compensate for the inherit disadvantage of melee as compared to ranged.

I have no problem with it being uninterrupted..but i imagine some destruction staff users are about to have a grand time with it.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Whole patch reworks Ultimate and you expected an item that gives 25 ultimate to be unaffected...no matter how long it took you to obtain it?
  • All_Bizniz
    All_Bizniz
    ✭✭✭
    WOW you all must be high. ZOS your 'fixes' are ridiculous. 1.6 should come out April 1st because this is a joke. I'm very sad and ill be quitting the game. (loved you eso... at one time)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 3, 2015 10:36PM
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Is the Legerdemain skill Trafficker working as intended? For the first two points it had 120%/140% increase in fence limit. For the first point it went from 50 to 110 but the second point went from 110 to 120? Should it be 140% of the original base of 50 or from the new base of 110?

50 * 1,2 = 60
    50 * 1,4 = 70

50 + 60 = 110
    50 + 70 = 120

Easy maths ;)
    Edited by Joust on February 3, 2015 8:44PM
  • Gandogal
    Gandogal
    ✭✭
    Joust wrote: »

50 * 1,2 = 60
    50 * 1,4 = 70

50 + 60 = 110
    50 + 60 = 120

Easy maths ;)

lol!
    Edited by Gandogal on February 3, 2015 8:46PM
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Whole patch reworks Ultimate and you expected an item that gives 25 ultimate to be unaffected...no matter how long it took you to obtain it?

Yes, I care about how much effort I waste. In general, I wouldn't care too much about gear changes... except that the undaunted stuff is gated by time (1 gold key per day) and RNG for both weight and trait. *** takes forever to get.

So now I have: 6% chance to get 15 ultimate on a 6s proc timer. I guess I will have to test and see if its still worth it.
    Edited by Oughash on February 3, 2015 8:47PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

Nords

health regen is awful
    Frost resist is useless

3% health increase and the damage decrease are the only two that are worth anything.

6% flat damage reduction. Trying to make your post more informative.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice response to the Sorc Surge heal concerns. Can't wait to test out the new version... ty :)
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Is the Legerdemain skill Trafficker working as intended? For the first two points it had 120%/140% increase in fence limit. For the first point it went from 50 to 110 but the second point went from 110 to 120? Should it be 140% of the original base of 50 or from the new base of 110?

50 * 1,2 = 60
    50 * 1,4 = 70

50 + 60 = 110
    50 + 70 = 120

Easy maths ;)

The question was should the second point be based on the original 50 or the 110, not whether the math is right. Currently the second point is giving 140% of 50, but that is after I have the new limit of 110, so should it be based off the old limit or the new limit? If it is supposed to be 140% of 110 then the new limit (after the second point) should be 220.
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on February 3, 2015 8:49PM
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    Gandogal wrote: »

50 * 1,2 = 60
    50 * 1,4 = 70

50 + 60 = 110
    50 + 60 = 120

Easy maths ;)

lol!

copy paste error ;)
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood elf buff! <3
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Tarikko
    Tarikko
    ✭✭

Not just that, they also added a 6 sec cd.. So yeah, might as well delete it
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word on pet health, they are much too weak in pvp defencively speaking. One or two hardhitters and its dead, 1.5 recast time?(twilight) no thanks, id rather slot something I could use in pvp.
    Edited by olsborg on February 3, 2015 8:51PM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can no longer hold block while feared.
    Do we get immunity when it ends or can we be refeared right after?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Stealth abilities, such as Shadow Cloak, no longer prevent you from being witnessed while performing criminal acts.

What is stealth for than to keep you from being seen or witnessed? I think this is a bad idea on ZOS's part.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the Immovable nerf. I hope this be enough.

Now we are waiting for dmg shields nerf.

Won't be nerfed, too many skills. Everyone was using Heavy Armor skill to keep from being interrupted during their shield spam fest. This will help a lot in PvP without having to touch a lot of class skills.
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

So when are transformed werewolves and stage 4 vampires going to be noticed by the guards/NPCs?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Overload: Increased the damage of Overload light attacks by 50%."

You guys are crazy lol.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Joust
    Joust
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

50 * 1,2 = 60
    50 * 1,4 = 70

50 + 60 = 110
    50 + 70 = 120

Easy maths ;)

The question was should the second point be based on the original 50 or the 110. Currently the second point is giving 140% of 50, but that is after I have the new limit of 110, so should it be based off the old limit or the new limit?

Using the outcome ends in some very strange high numbers:

Skill 2:
    100 * 1.4 = 154
    100 + 154 = 254

Skill 3 (example 160%):
    254 * 1,6 = 406,4
    254 + 406,4 = 660,4

Skill 4 (example 180%):
    660,4 * 1,8 = 1188,72
    660,4 + 1188,72 = 1849,12

Dosen't fit to me
    Edited by Joust on February 3, 2015 9:00PM
  • CPT_CAPSLOCK
    CPT_CAPSLOCK
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    •Overload: Increased the damage of Overload light attacks by 50%.
    Keep going with the overload buffs and I might actually use this. Still don't like that using a spell breaks the overload.
    wtf that ult is so hard op now... u will see, nerf inc
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Ok, 1.6.1 - no bad. Please, please for the love of all things holy in this ESO universe tell everyone you guys are investigating how ridiculous damage shields are right now. Damage shields need SERIOUS change, immediately. I'm very surprised there isn't a single mention of damage shields, or any damage shield changes.

Also, I think blocking has been nerfed a bit too much.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ When was the decision made to make food and drink not stack? This makes drinks still pale in comparison to food.
    :trollin:
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Nords

health regen is awful
    Frost resist is useless

6% flat damage reduction. Trying to make your post more informative.

I said and the damage decrease..I don't have to list a value since I said it was the only thing with the health increase worth a damn.