The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

no race change :(

gresiac
gresiac
✭✭✭✭
i was hoping they would add a racechange aswell
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason to think they will, many reasons why they shouldn't, main one being it would be a way to obtain the main benefit of the Explorer's Pack without buying it, and ZOS have made it clear they have no intention of putting that into the Store.
    Edited by KerinKor on February 3, 2015 9:01AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a face/body respec.
    Really disappointed. Since i first saw how my character looks like for other players (downscaled version - they will never look the way they look like on your computer) i am hoping for that feature.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand wanting a class change but wanting to change your character's race just seems strange. Your character is as they are. You change their race then you change something very fundamental about who they are - their entire life story. You might as well just roll another alt and start another character from scratch with the race and history that you want.

Class makes sense because that is just like changing jobs. Alliance makes sort of sense too. Race though - I can't get my head round that.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I was hoping for a face/body respec.
    Really disappointed. Since i first saw how my character looks like for other players (downscaled version - they will never look the way they look like on your computer) i am hoping for that feature.

I hope too that this will be added, also because some players during the first day of early access experienced some issues creating a character and this was never addressed.

About races: I wouldn't change it for my characters but I can understand many want to.
    Infact without softcaps, some racial passive are a lot more meaningful.

"... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna race change too, except they give my Bosmer and my Rothwardone increased Fire Damage, Fire Resist, 9% Magicka and 6% Stamina...
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on February 3, 2015 1:51PM
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I absolutely want a race change or at least a racial passive change. I've tried for so long now to make stamina sorc work and it was just a failed endeavor. I'm shaking my head at people saying that changing race is more extreme than changing class. Class SHOULD NEVER be changed. Race change is a must.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Will you finally care to comment about racial passives imbalance and care to fix it? Most of us do not want to change our character's race because we do not like it, we want to change race because some races are clearly inferior to others (Not to mention that since release you've been changing racial passives).Update 1.6 is the perfect time for changes to racial passives to happen but why are you ignoring this problem?
    Edited by Reremnu on February 3, 2015 2:33PM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Exactly this above

Or just remove every racial passive, let it be some individual style decision
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on February 3, 2015 5:30PM
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. Many things have changed since launch that now the races I have my mains are pretty much worthless.

I would not mind leveling another character but then I would loose out on my PvP Rank and Achievements. If ZoS made these account bound then I would have no issue deleting my VR14 character and relevel it as I wont loose all my work.

As that is unlikely to happen I feel a Race Change is the best option. I do not roleplay so I dont care that my storyline is changing. The same rules should apply on the race change. IE: Only those with explorers pack can play a race of different alliance. This means if the account does not have this pack then if they change race it must be one from the same faction (or imperial if they have it unlocked).

• pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a good idea cause i have that pack :P
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree, while I don't particularly feel I need a race change, I can't see how any change shouldn't be possible (with some limitations to avoid FOTM) Everyone who plays invested a lot of time and while I have several alts and I'm trying out different things repeating content is getting old very very fast. I would rather have the option to change what I want for a fee.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Just need to balance racial skills. For example, khajiits have useless health regeneration.
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

• gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    their was a Q/A on tamriel foundry

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2015/02/tamriel-unlimited-paul-sage/

Q: Will the cash shop offer account services and conveniences like character slots, race changes, alliance changes, or appearance changes?

Paul: We get this question often, and are definitely aware of the community interest in such services. The Crown Store doesn’t have those services at this time, but those are certainly something that could be added in the future
    Edited by gresiac on February 4, 2015 8:15AM
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    R3DTHR3AT wrote: »
    Just need to balance racial skills. For example, khajiits have useless health regeneration.

It depends from your build and favourite stats.
    Consider also that Carnage grants 6% weapon critical chances and it's a lot since on gear critical chances are 50% less on PTS.
    Overall it's not bad.
    Stealthy it's good just when starting a fight or does it work also from invisible?
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    R3DTHR3AT wrote: »

It depends from your build and favourite stats.
    Consider also that Carnage grants 6% weapon critical chances and it's a lot since on gear critical chances are 50% less on PTS.
    Overall it's not bad.
    Stealthy it's good just when starting a fight or does it work also from invisible?

Yeah, I don't get the hate on the health Regeneration passive. 30% is a lot, add to that a piece or two of health regen sets or trinkets and the health regen can realy get very high, especialy with the removal of softcaps.

And with the critical chance nerf from 4% to 1,6% (on yellow gear), Khajiits Carnage passive is actualy worth more than 3 additional attribute slots for sets. That's the equivalent of 2850 +- Stamina/Magicka or 4050 +- Health on PTS, which is far from negligeable.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to change the way your character looks, for a small gold fee. Everyone in the game now should get 1 time redeemable token for a race change per character, since I'm pretty sure anyone that wants to change their characters race knows exactly which race they prefer.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely the argonian potion racial is now the most useless passive as it only affects restoration potions and the effect is lower than previously. I mean it is only doing anything once every 45 seconds or so if you chug restoration potions .on stop otherwise it does nothing. Compared to Imperial as a baseline, Argonians got a raw deal.
    Edited by Jar_Ek on February 4, 2015 1:23PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never know what they might add for the future because it is not in at launch does not meek it will never be added
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to change the way your character looks, for a small gold fee. Everyone in the game now should get 1 time redeemable token for a race change per character, since I'm pretty sure anyone that wants to change their characters race knows exactly which race they prefer.
    Nothing stopping them rolling a character of that race then, is there?
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    you dont get it do you ?

some ppl work fulltime and have limited time to play they dont want to start over
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people are really that concerned about racial passive imbalances, then maybe they should make all passives purely cosmetic?

I really don't get the race change requests. If one didn't like the race they picked, why not reroll early on rather than wait till the toon is V14?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    If people are really that concerned about racial passive imbalances, then maybe they should make all passives purely cosmetic?

I really don't get the race change requests. If one didn't like the race they picked, why not reroll early on rather than wait till the toon is V14?
    The rebalancing in 1.6 makes some races far more powerful than others, and Zenimax doesn't seem to have a problem with this.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by "they don't have a problem with this" you mean they have made changes to some of the passives in 1.6.1, then you are absolutely right!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Furniture
    Furniture
    ✭✭
    I don't mind race change being a thing after 1.6 goes live and racial bonuses are balanced abit. Class change / Faction change on the other hand, no way. I don't want to see everyone playing one class or faction because its easier.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feeling your pain op. But I love my argonians cute widdle tail, so here is the a solution I have come up with to help us all.

A fair solution for all...

Since the racial pasives have been changed several times already since the beginning of ESO I think it would be fair to offer players a way to change their native racial pasives.

I propose that zos give all characters the ability to unlock and "channel the spirit" (aka passives) of another race.

This would allow any race to use the passive a of any other race in place of their own, while retaining the "look" of there original race.

The different racial passives could be unlocked though a series of quests or as an addition to the champion system.

It would work in a similar style to Mundas stone effects.

As the changes have affected all characters this option should be avalible to all, though a way to speed up the unlock "could" be sold though the cash shop.

This might be a fair solution to the problems that have arisen by zos continually changing racial pasives now and into the future.

Thanks for reading. We have a verry passionate community here on the forums so please be kind to my humble idea :)

Please let me know what you think.

Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good idea
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture wrote: »
    I don't mind race change being a thing after 1.6 goes live and racial bonuses are balanced abit. Class change / Faction change on the other hand, no way. I don't want to see everyone playing one class or faction because its easier.

Good point. Race Change tokens should be in the Crown Shop - that would let minmaxers remain happy despite changes in the ruleset, and it would make ZOS some money. But they should be limited to the races in your current faction, unless you have the Explorer's Pack unlocked.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    Pretty good idea

No, it is a bad idea. The fact that each race has its quirks and specialities, is so established in TES lore that it that was to be taken away, the game wouldn't be Elder Scrolls anymore.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lack of spare time is stopping us. It's not even about VR levels, it's the other stuff making it unreasonably slow and pretty much impossible to repeat if you have daytime obligations.

Took me roughly 6-7 months to complete my templar for example. That includes maxing mounts, leveling up all skill lines and passives. No way in hell I'm going to do that all over again, just to get different attribute bonuses.

I'm 100% certain racial changes will be in the Crown Store though. Obviously not in 1.6, but soon enough. Pretty much all commercial MMO's have race- and gender changes. ESO going b2p will make it happen even sooner.

I really prefer that over streamlines passives. Would be dull if races lost their uniqueness and everyone had the same attributes, only differentiated by cosmetics or some fluff feature.
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

The rebalancing in 1.6 makes some races far more powerful than others, and Zenimax doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

"FAR" more powerful? Hardly. I think you need to take a breath mate.

Also, they shouldn't let people re roll racials. Maybe one use race re roll when 1.6 goes live, thats it.
    Edited by Argurios on February 9, 2015 12:47AM
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant