The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.4.0

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    in order to keep this feedback focused and relevant, sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and move on.

"Affirmative".
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble with this update is it's almost pointless anyone on the EU testing it, as there's so many lag problems since the server move, we are testing on a completely different system to the live experience
    Edited by Ojustaboo on August 19, 2014 9:22PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    Oberon wrote: »
    Mages Guild
    Magelight: Fixed an issue where the UI wasn’t updating the Spell Critical Strike rating when it was being activated near an enemy.
    Please remove the orb that circles the player while the Inner Light morph is running.
    • It is wildly too bright.
    • Its graphic is incorrect for the morph (it is appropriate for the other morph, Radiant Magelight, but not for Inner Light which is clearly supposed to be....well, Inner).
    • It can cause epileptic seizures. This is no joke.
    Please remove the orb completely from Inner Light and be done with it.

.... I don't even know what to say to this, other than it provides important gameplay information in PVP to have the graphic as it tells you they are aiming for spellcrit & will uncloak you if you walk near them ;).

If someone's experiencing seizures from it, it might be nice if they added a toggle option but I mean... I don't see how a million other spell effects wouldn't be issues then too and that they could play the game period?

Actually it's the only thing that causes me problems as it's something I want on all the time.

If you imagine holding a torch/flashlight in your hand at arms length facing the ceiling, then you bring your hand right up about an inch from your eye, turning the torch to be shining straight in your eye as you do so and bach again every second, this is an exaggerated example of how it feels to me.

It is the only thing in the game that causes me problems, just something about the way its done.

Ah, that actually makes sense, I hadn't even thought about it in the context of first-person view since I always play in 3rd :). Maybe they could hide it to the caster in first-person mode...?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Raising the level cap is fine I guess, but why are you raising the veteran cap if you're getting rid of it anyway? Upgrading your gear isn't that hard if it's craftable, with 250~300 skillpoints you can pretty much max out every craft.

On the other hand, VR12 sets like Martial Knowlegde , Aether and Warlock that aren't craftable will become obsolete because they'll feel like under-leveled gear. Kinda sucks for all those people when those sets won't be available as VR14-versions. That's like forcing us to only use crafted gear.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    in order to keep this feedback focused and relevant, sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and move on.

"Affirmative".

I agree with you it isn't a level cap increase. That would suggest skills, attributes etc. being "directly" increased, access to "new" skills and passives etc.
    The increase to VR ranks (Which is what they are, ranks, not levels) will afford players with the opportunity at better gear which I agree will not make a build substantially more powerful than it already is. If your VR12 build is rock solid, you should be able to tackle the new content. You shouldn't "Have to" grind anything to do this.
  • Soliss
    Soliss
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mind reading what I actually wrote or continue repeating questions about things you are fabricating as to having been said? 30 magicka out of 2500 and 4 weapon damage which adds 1-2% to a subset of your skills is hardly what people traditionally refer to as a main "level raise".

So what's the difference between level 48 and 49 vs VR12 and VR13

Level 48 to 49:

1 skill point
    1 attribute point
    Increased Spell Damage
    Increased Health/Magicka/Stamina Softcaps
    Access to higher level armor

Level VR12 to VR13:

Increased Spell Damage
    Increased Health/Magicka/Stamina Softcaps
    Access to higher level armor
    +10 Health/+10 Magicka/+10 Stamina (According to this post:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89349/for-info-official-reply-to-skill-points-attribute-points-for-veteran-level-up-and-shadowfen-quest)

Seems very nearly the same.

So @Attorneyatlawl , why is 49 considered a level and VR13 not?

Because of a skill point you can put into a skill that you don't have room on your ability bar to use?

And yes the gains are all very minor and are probably undeserving of the name "level". Yes the mechanic changes once you hit VR but I dispute that the gains are any less than they were prior to the VR levels.
  • cronius77b14_ESO
    cronius77b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wow even larger power gap to content with for most players in pvp. Seriously coming from DAOC you would think half these devs learned their lesson from Trials of Atlantis. Good luck with a even larger power gap, not to mention the lackluster fixes to melee. I guess frior went back and started playing wow again because this is a butchery of any DAOC style system he was known for. Welcome to Trials of Atlantis 2. Frior you going to add artifacts to level up next? you already keep adding the master levels....
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Agis wrote: »
    Raising the level cap is fine I guess, but why are you raising the veteran cap if you're getting rid of it anyway? Upgrading your gear isn't that hard if it's craftable, with 250~300 skillpoints you can pretty much max out every craft.

On the other hand, VR12 sets like Martial Knowlegde , Aether and Warlock that aren't craftable will become obsolete because they'll feel like under-leveled gear. Kinda sucks for all those people when those sets won't be available as VR14-versions. That's like forcing us to only use crafted gear.

They aren't "getting rid" of VR's. They are "Adding" Champion Points.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DEUTSCHE PTS-PATCHNOTIZEN 1.4.0
    In addition to all new features, we’ve continued to improve many areas of the game including gameplay, art, itemization, quests, UI, and the Alliance War. We hope you enjoy the latest update, and be sure to let us know what you think!
    What about nightblades? Any plans to fix the shadow cloak and it's morphs so that they function properly?
    Art & Animation
    Animations
    • Animations are now smoother when drawing or swapping your weapon while moving.
    What about the weapon swapping bug? You do realize that is not fixed yet right?
    Figures
    • Fixed an issue where some Altmer male NPCs were wearing female clothing.
    I just assumed they were wearing those on purpose.
    FX
    • Improved many FX for Nightblade abilities in first-person view.
    Well if they don't function properly at least they will look cool.
    Combat & Gameplay
    [*] You will no longer be taken out of stealth when you weapon swap with an item set equipped.
    [/list]
    What about nightblades being taken out of stealth if the npc has a dot? What about not being able to swap weapons while in stealth?
    Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Dark Cloak: This ability no longer stuns crowd-control immune bosses when you are alone.
    Do the devs just hate nightblades? I want an actual answer to this, because it seems like you are actively trying to make the class as weak as possible. That is literally the only real defensive advantage we had against "crowd-control" immune bosses.
    Monsters
    • The Berserker’s Soul Tether ability no longer misses when the monster is blinded.
    • You will no longer become disoriented after the ability Shadow Cloak has been cast on you by an NPC. However, NPCs will now use the ability Veiled Strike more reliably after they become invisible.
    So you can correct nightblade spells but only for NPC's?
    • NPC Werewolves now fully benefit from the ability Blood Scent, becoming more powerful when it is cast by another Werewolf.
    Too bad the PC werewolves are not as good.
    Item Sets
    • Yokudan Air: Fixed an issue where this item set was increasing the distance at which you could be detected, rather than decreasing the distance that you can detect enemies.
    ^ Is that a typo? Shouldn't it say: "Fixed an issue where this item set was decreasing the distance at which you could be detected, rather than increasing the distance that you can detect enemies." Otherwise, why would I want to wear it?
    Chat
    • ESO GameMasters (GMs) now have an icon (a black box with a Z in it) that will appear in your in-game chat window. In addition, their chat text is now the same color as the channel they are speaking in.
    Wow I had no idea these guys even existed. I thought they were a myth like the Falmer.

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on August 19, 2014 6:28PM
    :trollin:
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trouble with this update is it's almost pointless anyone on the EU testing it, as there's so many lay problems since the server move, we are testing on a completely different system to the live experience

I'm not sure what you want to say by that. If you mean to say that since the move of the EU megaserver to FFM/Germany there has been greatly decreased latency (11ms mean for me) and an all-round better playing experience, and playing on a still U.S. based PTS will remove that improvement, I can agree with you. But personally, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice in order to help them iron out the bugs. :wink:
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any plan to add in the craft system a mean to upgrade a VR12 legendary piece of equipment into a VR14 one?

I like the idea to progressively upgrade my character with new ranks or whatever else. But the price of legendary components is too high, and this is what makes people angry.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed with VR14. No fixes to Shadow Cloak (only a nerf). Happy to see gold in bags and increased rewards for the top 10%. Buff to Bow and Enchanting fixes.

Overall, I'd give it a C-.

Still no fixes for Postern Doors, damage scaling, WW, unbreakable CC. I speak from the NB perspective, but half of our skills are still useless. Besides the cost reduction to Bow, I'm not seeing much in terms of Stamina balance either.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Still no fixes for Postern Doors, damage scaling, WW, unbreakable CC. I speak from the NB perspective, but half of our skills are still useless. Besides the cost reduction to Bow, I'm not seeing much in terms of Stamina balance either.

This is 1.4.0. Experience by now tells us that there will be at least two to three more iterations before the patch goes live with, say, 1.4.3.
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    Mages Guild
    Magelight: Fixed an issue where the UI wasn’t updating the Spell Critical Strike rating when it was being activated near an enemy.
    Please remove the orb that circles the player while the Inner Light morph is running.
    • It is wildly too bright.
    • Its graphic is incorrect for the morph (it is appropriate for the other morph, Radiant Magelight, but not for Inner Light which is clearly supposed to be....well, Inner).
    • It can cause epileptic seizures. This is no joke.
    Please remove the orb completely from Inner Light and be done with it.

.... I don't even know what to say to this, other than it provides important gameplay information in PVP to have the graphic as it tells you they are aiming for spellcrit & will uncloak you if you walk near them ;).

If someone's experiencing seizures from it, it might be nice if they added a toggle option but I mean... I don't see how a million other spell effects wouldn't be issues then too and that they could play the game period?

Actually it's the only thing that causes me problems as it's something I want on all the time.

If you imagine holding a torch/flashlight in your hand at arms length facing the ceiling, then you bring your hand right up about an inch from your eye, turning the torch to be shining straight in your eye as you do so and bach again every second, this is an exaggerated example of how it feels to me.

It is the only thing in the game that causes me problems, just something about the way its done.
    This, this, a thousand times this.

All ZOS needs to do is remove the orb graphic completely--not just from first-person mode, as I don't want to be forced into that play style just to use a mandatory buff, but from the spell entirely.
    • It's Inner Light--beef up the glow and remove the orb from the game.
    • Please. Remove. The. Orb. Of. Inducing. Epilepsy. o.O
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. ZOS are a bunch of amateurs.

That's just it though, they are not amateurs. Matt Firor is a veteran in MMO gaming, which is why this is all so infuriating. These guys are good at what they do, I'm just hoping they pull it together before they lose their entire player base.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates to the API in 1.4 that we should know about?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Origin
    Origin
    ✭✭✭

• Revised the terrain around all keeps to reduce the potential for pulling an enemy friend onto keep walls using Fiery Grip or its morphs.
    • The Monkey vanity pet no longer has collision with other player characters, and will no longer slide on the ground while walking.

Would this means that you will remove the current workaround that prevents the use of the Fiery Grip even in a slightly inclined ramp? Currently this is affecting the PvE game play.

The Monkey pet is not the only one with collision. As far as I could see, most of the pets and the summoned familiars have collision - see the Razak's spider pet and the clannfear & unstable / volatile familiar. It might be a good idea to test and fix all of them if needed.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of scratching my head with the whole "we heard you on not liking the veteran rank system" but then giving us more or it. Do you think its the ability to play through the other zones we don't like? It's the tediously slow speed at which we progress. Sure, you can go grind Craglorn, but again; its not the activity that was the problem until you go start grinding Craglorn, then its the activity and not the pace.

At any rate. Just boost VR gains like crazy in Cryrodiil so then I could not give a rip on what you do. Just so I don't have to grind craglorn, or take an eternity to work through zones and actually do what I want while still making progress.
  • thedatajunkie
    thedatajunkie
    ✭✭
    Still no guts... really unhappy now. Hopefully this will be fixed before release of this patch?
  • Xiroku
    Xiroku
    ✭✭✭
    Bleh...I thought so, it was only all group stuff content wise. The change to enchanting is nice tho.

I think I will take another break from ESO, really not caring for what they're doing with the game right now. Nerfing/buffing stuff that doesn't really need it, adding whole zones that can only be done with a party, etc. Then the whole "play how you want" thing being a blatant lie.

I missed the game after not playing it for 2 months, now after playing it for a month I feel the same as I did before....just not happy with it. If I do play, it's just as something to do, not enjoying it as I did before.
  • Zanderscotxub17_ESO
    PTS Patch Notes v1.4.0

Overwhelmingly everyone hates the VR leveling experience not the playstyle. We hate the OMG Grind fest with no benefit or pleasure.

» You saw the hate for VR and deside to expand it to VR 14.

» When instead you could realease a new zone at VR 12 and to excite people add new bonus sets to entice people to the new content.

» What you now have caused is more alienation of your playerbase that grinded there VR 12 gear.

» To be frank this is idiotic and unprofessional business model.

» A correct and friendly model would be to leave the levels the same and expand the player diversity in armor sets and items leading to more abilitys and player builds.

I LOVE eso graphics but this game being run like a bad cooperation. BAD custmer service/ not listening to feedback will eventually lead to lost profits. Zenimax your lucky you dont have much competition at this moment that eventually will run out and I hope you have a better business model by then.
    Edited by Zanderscotxub17_ESO on August 19, 2014 7:15PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Origin wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to test and fix all of them if needed.
    Why start testing things now? Half the adventure is figuring out which things work and which things don't in this game.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on August 19, 2014 7:22PM
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed at the reveal of update 4 not including anything they hyped at Quakecon. Disappointed they are doing jack *** in the patch notes about anything even remotely important.

Stamina builds will still be sub optimal.
    Werewolves will still be garbage.
    CC break not working will still occur.
    VR system will still be an awful grind.
    Core skill imbalance will remain.

And...I garuntee they'll break things in update 4 that are working fine right now. Really looking forward to crashing my face off level grinding to VR14...the third time I've had to get to level cap since April...STAHP EEET!!
    Edited by Obscure on August 19, 2014 7:22PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how long will the 9th trait take to research? :/
    PC EU
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    So how long will the 9th trait take to research? :/
    Too long.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS Patch Notes v1.4.0

Overwhelmingly everyone hates the VR leveling experience not the playstyle. We hate the OMG Grind fest with no benefit or pleasure.

» You saw the hate for VR and deside to expand it to VR 14.

» When instead you could realease a new zone at VR 12 and to excite people add new bonus sets to entice people to the new content.

» What you now have caused is more alienation of your playerbase that grinded there VR 12 gear.

» To be frank this is idiotic and unprofessional business model.

» A correct and friendly model would be to leave the levels the same and expand the player diversity in armor sets and items leading to more abilitys and player builds.

I LOVE eso graphics but this game being run like a bad cooperation. BAD custmer service/ not listening to feedback will eventually lead to lost profits. Zenimax your lucky you dont have much competition at this moment that eventually will run out and I hope you have a better business model by then.

So much of our rage comes from them not listening to us and not giving us enough feedback. My suggestion would be to halt everything you are doing in regards to making the game look prettier. That means art, animation, and particle effects and whatever else you guys are working on and then FIX the things that we WANT. Nobody is complaining about the animations, or the lighting or the textures. What we are complaining about are the broken spells, the class imbalance, game stability, and economy. Please fix those things first. Get it to the point where we are not flooding the threads with these constant issues and we will gladly embrace all those awesome things you have planned. Maybe start a poll and find out what our priorities are. You might be surprised to learn that animation for the way we fire our staff is not listed among them, nor is the way that light comes in through windows. C'mon guys!
  • Savitar
    Savitar
    ✭✭✭
    They actually are adding stuff from Quakecon to this very patch. All that FX talk there in the patch notes, yeah, that was straight from Quakecon.
    Did you miss that whole section of the video where they were talking about how much they hate dying to stuff they couldn't see??
    Also, I'm going to chime in with hating the vet level bump idea also.
    Contrary to some peoples beliefs, yeah, vet levels are going bye bye. I just wish they'd get rid of them sooner rather than later.
    Learn 2 watch a video and comprehend words ppl..
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zos any fix on the CC that cannot be broken with Interrupt or dodge?
  • Arabth
    Arabth
    ✭✭
    Savitar wrote: »
    They actually are adding stuff from Quakecon to this very patch. All that FX talk there in the patch notes, yeah, that was straight from Quakecon.
    Did you miss that whole section of the video where they were talking about how much they hate dying to stuff they couldn't see??
    Also, I'm going to chime in with hating the vet level bump idea also.
    Contrary to some peoples beliefs, yeah, vet levels are going bye bye. I just wish they'd get rid of them sooner rather than later.
    Learn 2 watch a video and comprehend words ppl..

yea but adding 2 lvl first is not removing the veteran lvls
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    ZOS is destroying their player base left and right. They have terrible balance in the game between magicka users and stamina users so they redo all the gear. This made players craft entirely new sets of gear. Now they're going to screw you again and raise the level cap so all the gear you crafted and upgraded will be old and out of date way too fast.

What about unbreakable CC? Did I miss the patch notes where they're going to fix unbreakable CC? This has been going on for a long time now and they're not addressing it.

Again, you're buffing bows and reducing time and stamina to cast Snipe? The ability that is hitting people for 1700 damage? You're going to buff it?

^
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.