The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.4.0

• Arabth
    Arabth
    ✭✭
    I feel this is in a way a wrong way to go now, upper craglorn makes players like me more isolated, i have a small group of friends i like to play with if they are not online I do like to go around questing, the problem will now be that i cant quest more on the vet 12 as its a groupe zone again and not a solo quest sone and you allso take away some fun with the other thing i like to do crafting, will not be abel to get the new trait as its on the main quest of upper craglorn and i will not have a big chance to go there at all. And as the max internetline i can have make me dc from pvp every 20min so that is not a way for the last lvls too. I did allmost quit before 1.3 as i did not have a lot fun the it got a lot better when 1.3 come and still for a time but when the next it this i dont know my wish list would be more like
    1. fix warewolf dont use it as its weak cost a lot of points for something that dont give and att all
    2. get weapons lines a overhall its not only destrostoff for the trails
    3. solo zones yea give a lot of groupe and public dungions they are fun but atm with craglorn 1 and 2 i do not see how i will get more alt up over 10 and the ones at vet 12 will stay that for a long time as i will not be abel to go crag stuff

and before i get the normal comment ask in global for groupes. I do not like global groups att so that is not a option for me
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a level cap, though. The level cap is 50; vet ranks are just gear gates.

Dear God, I'm tired of seeing this argument. It's meaningless. The level cap is not 50. (insert name of what you get when you get experience) are useful for several things, better gear, skill points, attributes, etc. Yes, you stop getting skill points and attributes after level 50. (Aside: why are there only 49 attribute points and not 50?) But functionally the VR levels are still levels for the purpose of everything else in the game. So just stop. Really.

Actually, it's literally the definition of an AA system. In RPG titles, a "level" is typically a primary determiner of character power including miss chance, earned attributes and skill points, etc. VR's simply provide a few weapon dmg and magicka.

Are you really trying to say that a VR 12 isn't more powerful than a VR 1-11 now?

In what world does increased weapon damage or increased magicka not increase your power? LOL, you don't even know what you're saying anymore.

Level is a determiner of a characters power! But increased weapon damage and magicka doesn't affect my power!"

You're a walking contradiction.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on August 19, 2014 6:53PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    We are also less than 6 months into the game and nothing has changed with PVP. In fact, PVP has only become worse with constant crashing, low FPS, unbreakable CC, lots of exploiting and no bans.

It has? My framerate's improved since launch, I have had crashes numbering in the low single digits other than 1.3's memory leak, and there have been new set additions made obtainable as well as significant polish and improvements to the overall game + the imperial city (aka darkness falls 3.0, if you count land of the dead in war as 2.0) coming soon enough.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    The Veteran Rank cap has also been raised to VR14 to account for these new encounters.

I'm out... playing this game for PvP, not to continuously grind PvE / gear

I agree, yet again PvPers get shafted up the proverbial... This will make a lot of peeps unsub - But ZoS does not give a toss.

If you're that worked up about 4-5 weapon damage that you'll earn shortly just playing as you normally would, as I said before you really have bigger problems to worry about.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a level cap, though. The level cap is 50; vet ranks are just gear gates.

Dear God, I'm tired of seeing this argument. It's meaningless. The level cap is not 50. (insert name of what you get when you get experience) are useful for several things, better gear, skill points, attributes, etc. Yes, you stop getting skill points and attributes after level 50. (Aside: why are there only 49 attribute points and not 50?) But functionally the VR levels are still levels for the purpose of everything else in the game. So just stop. Really.

Agreed 100%. It is a level cap that is not needed in any way. I want to play the game, and I don't want to level more on all three of my characters when they already know the system is bad.

Please remove VR14. My RL friend and good PVP buddy cancelled his subscription a few minutes ago. I'm seriously thinking about it myself.

I find it amusing you claim to have played DAOC long enough to get RR12 (and late in its lifespan enough that those had been added) yet are complaining about a potential obtainable 2-3% power increase in a patch that you earn by RVR'ing anyway within a week for the average player. Stop being so hung up on a label and look at what it actually does... which is basically nothing.

I find it amusing you compare DAOC PVP ranking system to ESO. How was gaining realm ranks any way comparable to the VR system? Please share.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are also less than 6 months into the game and nothing has changed with PVP. In fact, PVP has only become worse with constant crashing, low FPS, unbreakable CC, lots of exploiting and no bans.

It has? My framerate's improved since launch, I have had crashes numbering in the low single digits other than 1.3's memory leak, and there have been new set additions made obtainable as well as significant polish and improvements to the overall game + the imperial city (aka darkness falls 3.0, if you count land of the dead in war as 2.0) coming soon enough.

This guy must not have played around 1.2... The 3 frames per second bug didn't apply to him rofl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyVDASOhC7o
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed 100%. It is a level cap that is not needed in any way. I want to play the game, and I don't want to level more on all three of my characters when they already know the system is bad.

Please remove VR14. My RL friend and good PVP buddy cancelled his subscription a few minutes ago. I'm seriously thinking about it myself.

I find it amusing you claim to have played DAOC long enough to get RR12 (and late in its lifespan enough that those had been added) yet are complaining about a potential obtainable 2-3% power increase in a patch that you earn by RVR'ing anyway within a week for the average player. Stop being so hung up on a label and look at what it actually does... which is basically nothing.

I find it amusing you compare DAOC PVP ranking system to ESO. How was gaining realm ranks any way comparable to the VR system? Please share.

Who said that? DAOC's RR provided large power increases, actually.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 19, 2014 5:36PM

✭✭✭✭

Actually, it's literally the definition of an AA system. In RPG titles, a "level" is typically a primary determiner of character power including miss chance, earned attributes and skill points, etc. VR's simply provide a few weapon dmg and magicka.

Are you really trying to say that a VR 12 isn't more powerful than a VR 1-11 now?

In what world does increased weapon damage or increased magicka not increase your power? LOL, you don't even know what you're saying anymore.

Your ignorance is baffling, you're blindly defending an argument you cannot win with the statement you just made.

"blah blah blah.. Level is a determiner of a characters power! But increased weapon damage and magicka doesn't affect my power!"

Are you even reading what's being written? (That's a rhetorical question because it's obvious you aren't, before you bother to answer....). I said between VR12 and 14 you gain about 4-5 weapon damage which is a laughable increase in power to only a subset of your skills. I also said the "PRIMARY" determiner of power is levels. You talk about ignorance and "blindly defending", look in the mirror at your argument.

Ahh look who's come back to play!

I have 2 very simple questions then.

1. What other MMO has had 2 level increases in a 6-month period?

2. How does increased weapon damage or increased Magicka not increase your power?

I'm seriously looking forward to your answer.
    Edited by Perphection on August 19, 2014 5:39PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your ignorance is baffling, you're blindly defending an argument you cannot win with the statement you just made.

"blah blah blah.. Level is a determiner of a characters power! But increased weapon damage and magicka doesn't affect my power!"

Are you even reading what's being written? (That's a rhetorical question because it's obvious you aren't, before you bother to answer....). I said between VR12 and 14 you gain about 4-5 weapon damage which is a laughable increase in power to only a subset of your skills. I also said the "PRIMARY" determiner of power is levels. You talk about ignorance and "blindly defending", look in the mirror at your argument.

2. How does increased weapon damage or increased Magicka not increase your power?

Do you mind reading what I actually wrote or continue repeating questions about things you are fabricating as to having been said? 30 magicka out of 2500 and 4 weapon damage which adds 1-2% to a subset of your skills is hardly what people traditionally refer to as a main "level raise".
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 19, 2014 5:40PM

✭✭✭✭✭
    May I suggest that you drastically increase the XP gain from pvp now? So that you can realistically get to VR14 by just doing pvp?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    Ability Altering Enchantments
    We’ve added powerful new ability altering enchantments that can drop on weapons found in the Dragonstar Arena, the Serpent Trial in difficult mode, and from the Alliance War Leaderboards.
    These need to be given to crafters and not restricted to random drops.

Agreed. Enchanting is absolutely the least rewarding and fun profession as it is, now they finally introduce something new and interesting and it's not available for crafters. What the ashpit are they thinking when in the same update, they release a new trait for smithing/clothing/woodworking to research, professions which already have unique and rewarding systems (craft-only sets, styles, customizable traits).

But I guess it's now easier to make an enchanting alt and get through the tediousness of it. Of course this doesn't help existing enchanters one bit and makes the whole profession even less rewarding, but whatever. I suppose I can look forward to extracting more runes from glyphs (does anybody know the new and adjusted chances already?).
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭

How was gaining RR's in DAOC comparable to VR levels in ESO? Please answer the question.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if full nirnhoned on all possible slots would help negate the pvp magicka meta. Basically spell pen was nerfed and it is now possible to obtain much more spell resist.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Soft caps
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    YEY LOVE IT:D
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How was gaining RR's in DAOC comparable to VR levels in ESO? Please answer the question.

Who said that in the first place? Why would I answer a question I never posed?

✭✭✭✭✭

If the power increase is "laughable" then why increase the VR anyways? The response from ZOS was:
    The Veteran Rank cap has also been raised to VR14 to account for these new encounters.

So you're saying that the increase in stats is "laughable" however ZOS is pushing a change "to account for these new encounters". Did I miss something? Why increase the cap then?
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you mind reading what I actually wrote or continue repeating questions about things you are fabricating as to having been said? 30 magicka out of 2500 and 4 weapon damage which adds 1-2% to a subset of your skills is hardly what people traditionally refer to as a main "level raise".

Hmm, again you refrain to answer question #1 for the 6th or so time. Also, would you say that 1-2% is an increase? Because.. it is.

It's funny that you're getting upset over this though, because you know that you're wrong. You cannot answer the questions without contradicting your previous statements. =)

Stop deflecting, answering the questions is easy. You just need to be willing to admit your previous comments are wrong. That's all. It's easy.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VR14?? Really??

It would be nice to have at least a few weeks to appreciate the post 1.3 crafting before having to grind out another set.

And no content to level with if you don't have ready access to groups - see you at the tedious but vaguely viable anomalies everyone!

Still no fixes for key NB issues either.

I am reminded of a quote from Lethal Weapon which I shall paraphrase for you amazement and amusement.

"ZOS hates me. That' what it is"
    "Hate them back, it works for me!"
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Soft caps

So, with the assumption now that you've reached a Magicka softcap and you have the access to higher end glyphs (resulting in an overall increase in stats), as well as gear would having increased Stamina or Health not make you more "powerful" as our dear friend stated previously?
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

If the power increase is "laughable" then why increase the VR anyways? The response from ZOS was:

So you're saying that the increase in stats is "laughable" however ZOS is pushing a change "to account for these new encounters". Did I miss something? Why increase the cap then?

I like the way you think good sir =) Some people are delusional.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are still unbreakable-CCing people in PvP. I wonder if this will ever get addressed, because with 1.4 massive buff for bow/stam builds they are going to be the new FOTM and everyone will be complaining about getting 2-shotted from range.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Soft caps

So, with the assumption now that you've reached a Magicka softcap and you have the access to higher end glyphs (resulting in an overall increase in stats), as well as gear would having increased Stamina or Health not make you more "powerful" as our dear friend stated previously?

Huh? If i'm at Stamina Softcap right now, Its probably because I have stamina on all my gear and i'm a race with Stamina bonus. I can already hit Weapon damage softcap really easy... So increasing gear from Vr12-14 means little as I'm already at the soft cap for what i'm using.

Bout the only real increase you're going to get is Armor increase
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

2. Soft caps

Huh? If i'm at Stamina Softcap right now, Its probably because I have stamina on all my gear and i'm a race with Stamina bonus. I can already hit Weapon damage softcap really easy... So increasing gear from Vr12-14 means little as I'm already at the soft cap for what i'm using.

Bout the only real increase you're going to get is Armor increase

Okay, so you're stamina soft capped. Are you health soft capped? Do you ONLY used stamina abilities? You don't use a single class spell that could benefit from increased magicka?

The fact is this, previous forum member says level increases is accompanied by increases in power. Does increasing in VR rank increase your power or not? I don't need to get into an argument of semantics here, as this is merely hypothetical.

BUT if you do more damage, have more health, and resources are you not more powerful?
    Edited by Perphection on August 19, 2014 5:59PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are still unbreakable-CCing people in PvP. I wonder if this will ever get addressed, because with 1.4 massive buff for bow/stam builds they are going to be the new FOTM and everyone will be complaining about getting 2-shotted from range.

No difference between 2 shot and 3-4 shot currently. :D
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Incoming VR14 hate.

Until the champion system is fully implemented with "seasoned" gear, this is the only mechanic to increase gear strength.

So calm down . . .

Edit: Plus VR12 characters will get even more champion points when released because at least some progression after VR12 is now tracked.
    You are some kind of unheeded prophet my friend.

I'm not even sure why people hate increased ranks. It gives you somewhere to go whille you play the game. It's like if you can't be instantaneously at the top rank forever, rage quit?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This guy must not have played around 1.2... The 3 frames per second bug didn't apply to him rofl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyVDASOhC7o

Yeah, he's not worth arguing with. White Knights are the worst.

He was part of the original PTS testers. Ever wonder why the game came out with so many issues? Blame him not ZOS.

AKA Poorly Tested Server.

LOL, right? I would never brag about being a beta "tester" of this game. I would be so ashamed.
    Yeah, I mean, pts guys were like members of the dev team and could dictate the game's direction like they were Paul Sage---oh, wait a second.

Should I stop waiting for your answers? Or are you still busy trying to google some MMO's with 2 increases in level caps in a 6-month period and failing?

Maybe you shouldn't comment on the genre of MMO's if you're new to them..

Waiting for what answers? Again, no one ever said what you're asking for an "answer" to in the first place.

✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We wanted to pop in and remind everyone to stay constructive when posting. We understand that our players are passionate and will not always agree, but please refrain from off-topic conversations and arguments. We genuinely appreciate your feedback about these patch notes, and in order to keep this feedback focused and relevant, sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and move on.

That said, if you every feel that a post has violated our forum Code of Conduct, please report it to the moderation team rather than replying. This will help keep the thread cohesive and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Awesome" barely describes the continued work and effort ZOS pumps into this game. Big thumps up! :awesome:
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on August 19, 2014 6:05PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    Mages Guild
    Magelight: Fixed an issue where the UI wasn’t updating the Spell Critical Strike rating when it was being activated near an enemy.
    Please remove the orb that circles the player while the Inner Light morph is running.
    • It is wildly too bright.
    • Its graphic is incorrect for the morph (it is appropriate for the other morph, Radiant Magelight, but not for Inner Light which is clearly supposed to be....well, Inner).
    • It can cause epileptic seizures. This is no joke.
    Please remove the orb completely from Inner Light and be done with it.

.... I don't even know what to say to this, other than it provides important gameplay information in PVP to have the graphic as it tells you they are aiming for spellcrit & will uncloak you if you walk near them ;).

If someone's experiencing seizures from it, it might be nice if they added a toggle option but I mean... I don't see how a million other spell effects wouldn't be issues then too and that they could play the game period?

Actually it's the only thing that causes me problems as it's something I want on all the time.

If you imagine holding a torch/flashlight in your hand at arms length facing the ceiling, then you bring your hand right up about an inch from your eye, turning the torch to be shining straight in your eye as you do so and bach again every second, this is an exaggerated example of how it feels to me.

It is the only thing in the game that causes me problems, just something about the way its done.