The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.3.0

• Darkmayne
    Darkmayne
    Changes look good, keep up the great work!!
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No fix for bosses in Cyrodiil public dungeons often taking 2-5+ hours to respawn, or never spawning at all?

This makes completing achievements there an enormous hassle :disappointed:
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    I am very concerned that there are very few balancing changes for stamina based weapon abilities and survivability of heavy armour.
    Neglecting to mention this makes me think it is intended for said builds to perform as poorly as they are today.
    Its a great list of bug fixes, but balancing should take precedence untill there is an equilibrium in most abilities effects.

If it is performing so close to intended levels as you suggest with the minute changes you make in last patch and no changes in 1.3 then ... its not a game for me.

With magicka based builds outperforming any other build in every other aspect of the game there is absolutely no diversity in the game.
    This is not a game where you can play as you want and find viable strategies as you level a character with the intent to be good at what you do, unless you go with staffs and cloth.
    It is absurd that there is so little feedback from the developers on this.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • The Storm Atronach no longer taunts the target it is attacking.

WHY??? The one reliable and useful summon we have... And you nerf it.

Of all the OP abilities Sorcs have... this was the least of them. And you nerf it... WTF?
    I agree, this nerfs to the thing to almost uselessness for no apparent reason at all. What QQ did I miss about this?
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 10, 2014 6:39AM
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    Fissh wrote: »
    Denaia wrote: »
    This is starting to look very good. Sadly I see no class changes & ability changes in the patch notes as of yet, will the be some?

And could these please be a little bit more meatier then before? I don't think 'small' changes are going to help in making anything as good as destrostaff/ resto staff with light armor, some big changes are needed for that and they need to happen quite quickly as everyone is being forced into this spec atm because if you don't you do like 50% less dps.
    There are a number of class/ability changes under Combat & Gameplay. That said, these are not final, and there will likely be additional changes once this goes live.

The thing sought after here is dps that is measurable to destro/restro light armor builds. Other play styles are HALF the damage this particular set up puts out. To make things worse, Trial runs are 'near' demanding this ONE play style. If other weapon/armor set ups are not viable for Trials and competing soon, more and more people will develop disdain for the destro/light armor builds. I understand a drastic change could make a major unintended impact, but I am not seeing ANY dps changes for stamina builds to make...say a Dual Wield Medium Armor set up....viable in Trials. Definitely needs more immediate attention, imo.

Like stated above. ESO needs to focus first on fixing quests and at the same time start making large fixes to the stamina builds.

Simply put....no one is quitting because they cannot color their armor or need more guild options. They are quitting due to being stuck on main quests and no end game that is not pure forced group play.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    No fix for bosses in Cyrodiil public dungeons often taking 2-5+ hours to respawn, or never spawning at all?

This makes completing achievements there an enormous hassle :disappointed:

There is a mechanics it is not a bug but need to learn how is work. If u kill a boss, after 10 min this boss respawn again or other one respawn. If u have bad luck, that is 2-5+ hours. But you know the tactics now, kills all bosses = more chance to respawn the boss u want to kill. This boss respawn mechanics not only in Cyrodiil's dungeons but in Public dungeons too.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me at:

Aedric Spear
    Sun Shield: This ability no longer stops your magicka regeneration.

Templars are back in the game!
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    You had me at:

Aedric Spear

Templars are back in the game!

Templars are considered pretty much top notch already in PvP by anyone who knows what he`s doing... Buffing sun shield is just crazy, it`s one of the most powerful abilities in the game already... Please ZOS, be very careful with balancing, especially when PTS PvP testing is limited.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

What about fixes for the various knockback glitches not applying cc immunity, or the unbreakable cc combos when combining root & knockdown effects?

This is really important stuff to fix, yet not a single dev reply in the pvp related threats to confirm this is acknowledged and being worked on.

Reply would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Best regards
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff, looking forward to see this in game and start using it. Thanks ZOS for your continues effort to make the game better and better.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    If you want us to test this new stuff, how about fixing the new templates and old characters that were logged off in Craglorn on the PTS? None of the new templates can log in nor can any character that was last in Craglorn.

Also, any existing character that wasn't in Craglorn can no longer wayshrine into Craglorn.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    You nerf Storm Atronach so that it doesn't hold aggro thereby greatly diminishing it's usefulness, but the Winged Twilight is still taunting like mad with it's uber powerful 70 damage lightning zap (just tested on PTS 1.3). I think you should do something about that. I bet the nerf will stay, but at least reduce the amount of aggro the Winged Twilight draws.

Can we expect skill points refunded for Storm Atronach? Charged looks like the better option for me over my current Greater after 1.3 hits live.
    Edited by Armann on July 10, 2014 9:52AM
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • draxredd
    draxredd
    Soul Shriven
    Good job Zenimax, we're near the end of the Beta. Release will be update 5 or 6 i suppose ?
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    [*] Sun Shield: This ability no longer stops your magicka regeneration.[/list]

OMG what have you done!!!!!!! Now templars will be unbeatable in melee range!!!
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    When will we see the Thief guild in the game?! :'(
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

The Sun Shield is as powerful as the support ultimate skill Barrier if you have a max HP of 4500 but only last 6 sec while the barrier last 30 sec. Sun Shield is of course less powerful the less max HP you have as the shield value is 30% of your max HP

So that part is ok I think...

And the melee AOE damage thing is exactly like the mage ability that does melee damage to every one that hits them in melee.

Besides what n00b use melee weapons PvP? As the game is designed now Destruction staff and Restoration staff is a million times better then any other weapon combo. So until they change that I don't see any problems with allowing templars regen magica while using the Sun Shield.

PS: This will make Templars more viable as PvE tanks though.
    Edited by Sunrock on July 10, 2014 10:17AM
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this patch does not break the game half as the others before i will Sub up again and go back to the game...
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Sunrock wrote: »

The Sun Shield is as powerful as the support ultimate skill Barrier if you have a max HP of 4500 but only last 6 sec while the barrier last 30 sec. Sun Shield is of course less powerful the less max HP you have as the shield value is 30% of your max HP

So that part is ok I think...

And the melee AOE damage thing is exactly like the mage ability that does melee damage to every one that hits them in melee.

Besides what n00b use melee weapons PvP? As the game is designed now Destruction staff and Restoration staff is a million times better then any other weapon combo. So until they change that I don't see any problems with allowing templars regen magica while using the Sun Shield.

PS: This will make Templars more viable as PvE tanks though.

Exactly, this make even worse stamina builds in PvP. I am one of the noobs that use melee weapons in PvP, because I wanna play my style, not the most OP build at the moment.

And you are wrong about sun shield is as powerful as barrier.... Sun shield is much better because you can use it many times and do a lot of damage.
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    Changes look good, but small family guilds still get nothing of value, no bank, no heraldry, will easily get outbid for guild stores.
    I know, you can join up to 5 guilds, which basically makes guild loyalty useless imo. Which heraldry do you wear to represent who you are, or does it just go by which guild you are in at the time that is getting recognized the most or has does something just to say you are part of that guild.
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    When we can have the full version of the patch notes? Definitely we need more information about the soft cap changes and the new set changes.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118944/1-3-0-armor-and-weapon-sets
    Because I can!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get error 325 (6:3:804:2) insignificant permission for world, when trying to use the v12 templates, happened with 3 characters 2 in EP and one in DC
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Bashev wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    When we can have the full version of the patch notes? Definitely we need more information about the soft cap changes and the new set changes.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118944/1-3-0-armor-and-weapon-sets

Ohh, they have nerff again hunding's rage set. Great.

Bye bye elder staves online.

EDITED: I didn't know they have increased caps in pvp, hunding's rage is better now.
    Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on July 10, 2014 5:44PM
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph
    I just reviewed new set armor. Why spell dmg goes with magica increase and weapon dmg goes with stamina increase? Did you remember staff skill which costs magica and whose dmg scales to weapon dmg? Did you mean staff skills are too OP so you don't want set armor to further enhance staff skill?
    Edited by Seanymph on July 10, 2014 1:30PM
  • aslan06
    aslan06
    ✭✭✭
    Guys what about emperor achievement,i'm the former emperor and i don't get it,will it gonna be fixed?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aslan06 wrote: »
    Guys what about emperor achievement,i'm the former emperor and i don't get it,will it gonna be fixed?
    LoL... Just wait for the patch to be released :smile:

Because I can!
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedric Spear

I'd rethink this change, Blazing Shield is already incredibly powerful, this would push it into overpowered territory.

Agreed.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Aedric Spear
    Sun Shield: This ability no longer stops your magicka regeneration."

OMG.... I need to level my templar asap and jump on the OP TRAIN CHOOOCHOOOOOOOOOO!!
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Still have provisioning on the back burner I see...

Were you aware low level ingredients are still dropping in most veteran zones?

Did you know people are so desperate to get purple provisioning recipes that they are paying upwards of 800K gold for them? Do they drop 0.0000000001% of the time or is it 1x10^-35 %? And, I forgot, why is it purple and not gold again? Thought the color was supposed to be indicative of how rare an item was.

Did you know level 35 food uses the same ingredients as V5 food?

Did you know Oats and Tomatoes are so rare that even with 4 provisioning mules with hireling III, I get an average of 2.7 oats and 2.5 tomatoes per day? I actually did a 2-week running count of what I got and that was the real average.
    So divide that by 4, if you want to know how many someone silly enough to just level provisioning to 50 once with one hireling III gets per day.

Did you know for some unknown reason some purple recipes DO NOT require a rare ingredient such as oats and tomatoes and others do? Consummate Honey Brittle for example does not require oats or tomatoes. Same exact stats as Consummate Honey Pudding and Consummate Sweetroll just without that silly only able to make (2.5/4)x4 or (2.7/4)x4 per day restriction. Makes sense.

Did you know some Drink recipes have exactly the same resource regeneration at lvl 45 and 50? Seems whoever coded the provisioning stuff forgot to check his math and skipped a tier.

And drink recipes generally suck compared to food, hardly anyone wants to buy them.
    Thanks so much for your feedback - we passed this along so each item can be investigated.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immunity granted by Break Free and the immunity given to you after you’re hit by a crowd control ability now provide immunity to all types of crowd control.

@ZOS_ginabruno Does this mean if i break cc, ill be immune to snares as well until the break free ends?
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a concern.

I have a 30 member guild. So I'll be able to make a tabard. But I don't have guild store functionality. Will we still be able to buy our heraldry?
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    All item sets offer their most powerful bonus after the entire set has been collected, requiring either 3 or 5 pieces.

This has me worried. Very vague. Please elaborate.

Only one I can think of is whitestrakes 3 piece shield proc has moved to a 5 piece I am sure others have been affected as well and willows set now blows
    this is a post that has most of the changes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118944/1-3-0-armor-and-weapon-sets/p1