The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.3.0

• Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aziz006 wrote: »
    I have to say all whiners a bunch of noob players. Stamina builds are getting better every day and the biggest change made for stamina builds by making ultimate abilities scale off stamina or magicka(which benefits you most). Only problem left is ultimate gain for stamina builds which I hope will be rebalanced soon

This maybe the case in pve, but no where near close to this in pvp. Dual wield Night Blades can gank well enough as long as the get the jump on you on a horse, but that is about it. The main reason they can do that is that TTK is pretty fast in this game. Magicka builds are still king in Cyrodiil with all the dodging and cc breaking required. Are there exceptional players who go into pvp with heavy or medium armor and perform well? Absolutely as I'm sure there are some doing so in trials as well, but I would guarantee you that both groups of exceptional players who made stam builds work would do way better with a magicka build in light armor. Could you please tell me where I could find information on 2h builds that are competing with light armor stick builds? I'm not being a *** I really am curious as 2h HA is how I want to play. I'm willing to compromise and go medium as much as I would hate to.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

A few questions for ZOS

1. Stam builds in general

How do the devs envision stam builds working? Harder hitting light and heavy attacks with weapon and class skills being used to supplement/buff/cc? Or should a stamina builds weapon abilities be on par with class and destro abilities of a magicka build?

2. Heavy armor

Heavy armor was mentioned in one of these letters. What happened there? Again is it in the devs model for Heavy armor to be strictly a tanking armor, or will dps in heavy be possible? If it is meant just for tanking than what will be done to make it a better option for tanking for light because right now the spell reduction and spell resist on light is too good to pass up. Light armor tanks better does more dps while tanking, and way more dps while being a damage dealer. If light armor wearers can slot a defensive ability or 2 to be able to tank as well/better than a heavy armor wearer than why can't I dps effectively in Heavy?
    There is no resource regen on heavy worth mentioning. Health regen is a joke of a stat. It is worthless.
    Most damage in this game is spell damage so it doesn't offer better survivability.
    Juggernaut is terrible.
    Bracing isn't that great either.
    2 handed heavy armor damage dealers are not a crazy off the wall build. It is an archetype of fantasy mmos.
    Heavy Armored Templar healers(Paladins) aren't off the wall either. I need to know efforts are being made to make these types of builds viable, that something is being done.

I love the game. I want it to succeed, but I need answers. Please?
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Any word on the Werewolf fixes that were supposed to go through with 1.2.3 but didn't?
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still have provisioning on the back burner I see...

Were you aware low level ingredients are still dropping in most veteran zones?

Did you know people are so desperate to get purple provisioning recipes that they are paying upwards of 800K gold for them? Do they drop 0.0000000001% of the time or is it 1x10^-35 %? And, I forgot, why is it purple and not gold again? Thought the color was supposed to be indicative of how rare an item was.

Did you know level 35 food uses the same ingredients as V5 food?

Did you know Oats and Tomatoes are so rare that even with 4 provisioning mules with hireling III, I get an average of 2.7 oats and 2.5 tomatoes per day? I actually did a 2-week running count of what I got and that was the real average.
    So divide that by 4, if you want to know how many someone silly enough to just level provisioning to 50 once with one hireling III gets per day.

Did you know for some unknown reason some purple recipes DO NOT require a rare ingredient such as oats and tomatoes and others do? Consummate Honey Brittle for example does not require oats or tomatoes. Same exact stats as Consummate Honey Pudding and Consummate Sweetroll just without that silly only able to make (2.5/4)x4 or (2.7/4)x4 per day restriction. Makes sense.

Did you know some Drink recipes have exactly the same resource regeneration at lvl 40 and 45? Seems whoever coded the provisioning stuff forgot to check his math and skipped a tier.

And drink recipes generally suck compared to food, hardly anyone wants to buy them.

Edit: The issue with drinks having the same resource regeneration for different levels are for level 40 and 45 blue drinks. Both have +8 resource regeneration. Also Tier 3 purple drinks provide +6 all regeneration and Tier 6 purple drinks only provide +8 to all. Seems like some tiers got skipped as well, the T6 bonus is too low.
    Edited by Mortosk on July 10, 2014 11:45PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These look awesome, but... after all the bugs and glitches that resulted from the last 2 major updates (1.1 and 1.2), I'm also worried and hoping history doesn't repeat itself :(
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 9, 2014 11:29PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All item sets offer their most powerful bonus after the entire set has been collected, requiring either 3 or 5 pieces.

This has me worried. Very vague. Please elaborate.

• ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy Talos that's a huge list for a game that is dying and going F2P and has failed because no one plays at all. Jut kidding love the work keep it up.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improved the audio for horse hoofsteps

Finally! Yeehaw!
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    The Guild Traders will be purchased by the farmers/botters EVERY time. No honest guild will be able to compete with them. Game makers really need to design games around this knowledge.

They should have just made a huge trading zone where every guild can place a trader, either for free or else for a nominal charge (remembering that MOST guilds are just small-time players having fun, and don't have ridiculous amounts of gold to pay obscene prices for stuff).
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • The Storm Atronach no longer taunts the target it is attacking.

WHY??? The one reliable and useful summon we have... And you nerf it.

Of all the OP abilities Sorcs have... this was the least of them. And you nerf it... WTF?

We have OP abilities?

But yes, also rather bemused, the Storm Atronach was extremely handy for tanking and whatnot when the situation demanded it. I'll still use him.. but eh, he's only half as useful.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    All item sets offer their most powerful bonus after the entire set has been collected, requiring either 3 or 5 pieces.

That part is obvious, the set bonus that has a name, ie Magicka Flood, Dealth's wind, etc are all going to be 3 set if it is 3 set only (lower level) or 5 set if 5 set (higher level). So for example Warlock 3 set and 5 set are switching places. So that way you can only really have one 5 set major set bonus. To "make up" for the change they are changing what would be the 3 set to a "minor" bonus, that starts at 2 pieces and increases with each additional piece.

The real questions are...first, how much, are we talking 3 pieces the same as the 3 set before, so the 4th or 5th pieces add even more? Or do you need all 5 to make the same effect as the old 3 set?...second, will you continue to get increases beyond 5 pieces? Will I actually get more of a bonus if I wear 7 of 7 of the same set vs the 2 extra pieces being wasted?

Edit: typo corrected
    Edited by Lyall84 on July 10, 2014 12:30AM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »

That part is obvious, the set bonus that has a name, ie Magicka Flood, Dealth's wind, etc are all going to be 3 set if it is 3 set only (lower level) or 5 set if 5 set (higher level). So for example Warlock 3 set and 5 set are switching places. So that way you can only really have one 5 set major set bonus. To "make up" for the change they are changing what would be the 3 set to a "minor" bonus, that starts at 2 pieces and increases with each additional piece.

The real questions are...first, how much, are we talking 3 pieces the same as the 3 set before, so the 4th or 5th pieces add even more? Or do you need all 5 to make the same effect as the old 3 set?...second, will tou continue to get increases beyond 5 pieces? Will I actually get more of a bonus if I wear 7 of 7 of the same set vs the 2 extra pieces being wasted?

This is a very bad change, especially if it affects crafted gear.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one concern regarding the dye system being linked to achievements from pvp and pve...as someone that does not do pvp - will there be a pve achievement for the colors you can only get from pvp and vice versa? I don't enjoy pvp and don't want to be forced to doing it to get a color that I like. Anyone else have concerns regarding this? Players that like to do pvp only surely feels the same way if they would have to be forced to get certain pve achievements to unlock dye colors.

You can be sure that there will also be dyes that require you to play a specific race, do a specific trial or maybe even reach a specific time.

Only very few players will unlock every dye I assume ;)
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Venatoreo wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning

I'm assuming that it's for the same reason why dragonknight's ability to chain doesn't taunt anymore

Have a raid full of sorcs, just drop atronachs all over the boss, boss bugs out, tank goes to take a drink of water.

I got to say I use my astonach a lot in difficult situations, like a "get out of this *** button" :D

They should make trial encounters immune, instead of nerfing the ability Id say.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Venatoreo wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning

I'm assuming that it's for the same reason why dragonknight's ability to chain doesn't taunt anymore

Have a raid full of sorcs, just drop atronachs all over the boss, boss bugs out, tank goes to take a drink of water.

I got to say I use my astonach a lot in difficult situations, like a "get out of this *** button" :D

They should make trial encounters immune, instead of nerfing the ability Id say.
    Sadae wrote: »
    The Guild Traders will be purchased by the farmers/botters EVERY time. No honest guild will be able to compete with them. Game makers really need to design games around this knowledge.

They should have just made a huge trading zone where every guild can place a trader, either for free or else for a nominal charge (remembering that MOST guilds are just small-time players having fun, and don't have ridiculous amounts of gold to pay obscene prices for stuff).

While I agree with this possible outcome, I also have to remind you that the guild stores are pretty much only a "sell" shop for the guild. No player can actually put something there, so if you see a shop you can only buy, but never sell unless you are in the guild of course.

It would had been smarter to let everyone sell, but give the guild a small cut of the final price like 10% or so. Just like in a AH.
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    Will we be able to dye costumes? @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭

The real questions are...first, how much, are we talking 3 pieces the same as the 3 set before, so the 4th or 5th pieces add even more? Or do you need all 5 to make the same effect as the old 3 set?...second, will tou continue to get increases beyond 5 pieces? Will I actually get more of a bonus if I wear 7 of 7 of the same set vs the 2 extra pieces being wasted?

This is a very bad change, especially if it affects crafted gear.

Not necessarily true. It all depends on how they make the minor set bonuses work. For example, Willow's Path, if they made it so you got 2% critical with a 2 set, and an additional 2% critical for each additional piece equipped for the minor bonus would that not be better than what it is used for now? Only 3 pieces for the 5% critical and no one touches the 5 set? What about the Seducer set, 5 set being the 3% reduction to all costs, with the minor being 14 magicka regeneration at 2 pieces and 7 more for each additional piece?

Immediate declaration that it is a bad idea before you even see what they are putting on the table or fully understanding what they are trying to do is really jumping the gun.

I personally am looking forward to what they are doing. It never made much sense to me that some of the major bonuses were 3 and others were 5, and that people would ignore the "powerful effects" just to pick up multiple smaller set bonuses. This, especially if they also buff the "powerful effects", will only help make the higher trait required crafting sets more appealing. Once again, especially if the minor effects on the higher trait sets were just slightly better than lower trait sets with the same minor effect.

Instead of getting up in arms about every little change, wait to see what they are doing and how it actually works. Then make your decision.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mescalamba wrote: »
    Other than that, game needs some balance in regards magicka vs stamina. Its like when every Emperor was Vampire. Bad for game, in long term it was really bad for us, playing Vampires normal way, not abusing anything.

I spent today some time thinking how to make somehow viable stamina build Nightblade. Conclusion is that if I go destruction stuff way or healer, I will be much more viable for any team, then if I pick anything else.

Im also slightly lost, why for example Mages guild skill which gives very high number of crit rate doesnt have some counterpart in regular weapon crit rate. Its like if you wanted everyone to use staves.

maybe, just maybe, they cant roll out vast sweeping changes because the skills in the theives guild and dark brotherhood guilds are going to be bringing some balance. wouldnt want to "balance" everything then release new content focusing mostly on stamina builds and all of a sudden that is op an the boo-hooing begins all over again.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mescalamba wrote: »
    Other than that, game needs some balance in regards magicka vs stamina. Its like when every Emperor was Vampire. Bad for game, in long term it was really bad for us, playing Vampires normal way, not abusing anything.

I spent today some time thinking how to make somehow viable stamina build Nightblade. Conclusion is that if I go destruction stuff way or healer, I will be much more viable for any team, then if I pick anything else.

Im also slightly lost, why for example Mages guild skill which gives very high number of crit rate doesnt have some counterpart in regular weapon crit rate. Its like if you wanted everyone to use staves.

maybe, just maybe, they cant roll out vast sweeping changes because the skills in the theives guild and dark brotherhood guilds are going to be bringing some balance. wouldnt want to "balance" everything then release new content focusing mostly on stamina builds and all of a sudden that is op an the boo-hooing begins all over again.

It should have been balanced from the get go. Either way thief guild should be 100% non combat stuff, lock picking, pick pocketing, steal this bounty quests, etc. Dark brotherhood should be the stamina equivalence to the mage guild for magicka. But, even then, if you take the mage guild skills out of the equation, magicka builds still beat stamina builds silly 7 days a week, and sometimes twice on Sundays. They have a lot of work in the balance department.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything looks absolutely amazing.

The only concern I have is "an emphasis on more saturated colors"

ES and this game is known for its muted colors. That is a little bothersome to me but i'll wait to get in and test things to judge it.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    everything looks absolutely amazing.

The only concern I have is "an emphasis on more saturated colors"

ES and this game is known for its muted colors. That is a little bothersome to me but i'll wait to get in and test things to judge it.

There was a screen shot on the german forums, looked like the palette had a ridiculous amount of color choices, from muted to bold, so I am guessing that they will have both.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    So... They're really buffing sun shield? The one ability templars have in pvp that already rivals the most defensive and offensive ability in the game?

Yeah we all know templars have some crappy magicka regen, but to try to solve that by targeting an ability that is already incredibly strong? Give templars a magicka regen solution that is more general, not while using one (already strong) ability.

This is asking for some imbalance, if you ask me.

Also...Where are all the changes to stamina dps? D:

P.S. GOOD WORK ON THE WEAPON SWAPPING!!! I was of the impression that with the last change, it was still a little clunky and led to some awful situations. Hopefully this will be another step in the right direction.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of getting up in arms about every little change, wait to see what they are doing and how it actually works. Then make your decision.
    Unless it is purely a buff, which definitely will not be the case here, changing items which people have already spent legendary materials creating is a terrible idea on a fundamental level.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »

Did you know people are so desperate to get purple provisioning recipes that they are paying upwards of 800K gold for them? Do they drop 0.0000000001% of the time or is it 1x10^-35 %? And, I forgot, why is it purple and not gold again? Thought the color was supposed to be indicative of how rare an item was.

Did you know Oats and Tomatoes are so rare that even with 4 provisioning mules with hireling III, I get an average of 2.7 oats and 2.5 tomatoes per day? I actually did a 2-week running count of what I got and that was the real average.
    So divide that by 4, if you want to know how many someone silly enough to just level provisioning to 50 once with one hireling III gets per day.

Did you know for some unknown reason some purple recipes DO NOT require a rare ingredient such as oats and tomatoes and others do? Consummate Honey Brittle for example does not require oats or tomatoes. Same exact stats as Consummate Honey Pudding and Consummate Sweetroll just without that silly only able to make (2.5/4)x4 or (2.7/4)x4 per day restriction. Makes sense.

Did you know some Drink recipes have exactly the same resource regeneration at lvl 45 and 50? Seems whoever coded the provisioning stuff forgot to check his math and skipped a tier.

And drink recipes generally suck compared to food, hardly anyone wants to buy them.

They have a long list of things that they should have fixed a month ago, but Devs should write this quoted post down. He did all your work for you. Everything is indisputable fact besides maybe the problem with the rarity of purple recipes.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Mortosk wrote: »

Did you know some Drink recipes have exactly the same resource regeneration at lvl 45 and 50? Seems whoever coded the provisioning stuff forgot to check his math and skipped a tier.

They have a long list of things that they should have fixed a month ago, but Devs should write this quoted post down. He did all your work for you. Everything is indisputable fact besides maybe the problem with the rarity of purple recipes.
    When Erock and I agree about something, you know it's an easy enough decision to hurry up and sneak into the next patch. These are simple database table changes, a few values here and there, nothing else. Please get them in.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it is purely a buff, which definitely will not be the case here, changing items which people have already spent legendary materials creating is a terrible idea on a fundamental level.

Well they did say that they made them more powerful, so keep your hopes up. Worst case, you might need to make 2 more pieces to get the bonus back. Trust me, I know about the pain of crafting. I have 6 to 7 traits on all armor types and working for 8. Have 3 completely different VR 12 sets mixed purple and gold. One for PvE, one for PvP, and a third just for PvP scouting or scroll running. It would take some getting used to if they re-stack the deck, but it looks like they are trying to make all the "powerful" bonuses woth getting. Just look at Night's Silence. They got rid of the literally useless 40% health regeneration while hidden and are replacing it with a much more useful 60% increased movement speed while stealth.
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    •Werewolf •Rousing Roar: This ability now correctly calculates its power bonus based on the number of targets that get hit.

ok that's another itty-bitty step in the right direction sort of but did you ever fix the problem from the last where you said you removed the devour cool down timer but in fact didn't remove it
  • Iam_Epiphany
    Iam_Epiphany
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Most of those ability changes are just bug fixes, with some buffs for magicka abilities which is not what needs to happen. Especially sun shield-that's a powerful already.
    No rebalancing there for stamina/magicka abilities or the power of light armour over the others in terms of useful passives.
    It's a serious issue, people respect ZOS' approach for slow changes to keep an eye on the situation, but it's universally known that magicka builds are by far the most powerful in PVP and PVE right now. No changes towards balancing this at all doesn't do much to make stamina focused players feel like things will improve in the near future, these updates only come every 4-6 weeks.
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on fixing the mac client? You keep telling me it is a top priority, yet 4 months into the game and I still crash all the time.
  • sirjohndeluxeb16_ESO
    Savitar wrote: »
    I like that you're fixing all of those set problems.. however there is one glaring omission... The arena set.. the armor buff does not apply and there are whispers that the reduced cc cost is also not working.. please look into this and fix it with the rest of these set changes. Thnx.

yup, please give us some update regarding this, gina.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cool. Finally have a reason to were a complete set.

[*] Summon Shade: Fixed an issue where using this ability could cause a monster to stare at the summoned shade for several seconds before attacking you.[/list]

That was a glitch this actually made the ability more useful for sneaky nightblades.

None of these class changes were good. Other than fixes of stuff I did not know that were broken.