The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.3.0

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerigo wrote: »
    Nerfing storm atronach is silly.

You may as well remove it from the game entirely if it doesnt taunt anymore.

If you think it is over performing, reduce it's health, damage, duration or whatever you want but leave the taunt.
    The only thing I am hoping for is that their wording means that it won't keep on taunting the same enemy that is already under the effects of a taunt. Otherwise the ability is now pretty useless and will severely hinder the Sorcorer's ability to solo. Greater Atronach was the Standard of Might or the Veil of Blades for Sorcorers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we please get a confirmation of this exact change? And if it is indeed a nerf, can we please know why?
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets
    So you do serious nerf damage to this pet which was a huge benefit soloing and in groups because some people who play in groups can't l2p and not bring out their TANK pet when it's not helpful?

I see.

• Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fissh wrote: »
    Denaia wrote: »
    This is starting to look very good. Sadly I see no class changes & ability changes in the patch notes as of yet, will the be some?

And could these please be a little bit more meatier then before? I don't think 'small' changes are going to help in making anything as good as destrostaff/ resto staff with light armor, some big changes are needed for that and they need to happen quite quickly as everyone is being forced into this spec atm because if you don't you do like 50% less dps.
    There are a number of class/ability changes under Combat & Gameplay. That said, these are not final, and there will likely be additional changes once this goes live.

The thing sought after here is dps that is measurable to destro/restro light armor builds. Other play styles are HALF the damage this particular set up puts out. To make things worse, Trial runs are 'near' demanding this ONE play style. If other weapon/armor set ups are not viable for Trials and competing soon, more and more people will develop disdain for the destro/light armor builds. I understand a drastic change could make a major unintended impact, but I am not seeing ANY dps changes for stamina builds to make...say a Dual Wield Medium Armor set up....viable in Trials. Definitely needs more immediate attention, imo.

So after some research on PTS, I must say I am ashamed of my post. They are in fact making significant changes that will benefit melee tremendously. Soft caps are being raised for weapon damage and the new set pieces should give melee that crit chance advantage that Mage's Light gave magicka users. Will it balance things....probably not....don't think you will ever find a good balance in MMO's only ever changing ones, nature of the beast. Will it bring our dps up to par, maybe...will have to see long term. This is in fact a great start though, and despite my previous post, I am becoming pleased :)
    <X-Raided>
  • Savitar
    Savitar
    ✭✭✭
    Could we possibly have the guild number requirement removed or lowered for the PTS so that we can test the guild heraldry?
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aziz006 wrote: »
    I have to say all whiners a bunch of noob players. Stamina builds are getting better every day and the biggest change made for stamina builds by making ultimate abilities scale off stamina or magicka(which benefits you most). Only problem left is ultimate gain for stamina builds which I hope will be rebalanced soon

I think there should be an automatic deletion of any post calling people noobs, whiners or elitists.

Getting sick of it to be honest.
  • Calipto
    Calipto
    Soul Shriven
    i know that when i noob myself, then whine about it, it turns me into an elitist ;)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you think it is over performing, reduce it's health, damage, duration or whatever you want but leave the taunt.
    The only thing I am hoping for is that their wording means that it won't keep on taunting the same enemy that is already under the effects of a taunt. Otherwise the ability is now pretty useless and will severely hinder the Sorcorer's ability to solo. Greater Atronach was the Standard of Might or the Veil of Blades for Sorcorers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we please get a confirmation of this exact change? And if it is indeed a nerf, can we please know why?
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets
    So you do serious nerf damage to this pet which was a huge benefit soloing and in groups because some people who play in groups can't l2p and not bring out their TANK pet when it's not helpful?

I see.

Besides the simple fact that we can now direct our storm atronachs to attack what we want. It seems like the tanks were getting their little epeens hurt cause they don't know how to effectively taunt. The solution? Nerf the sorcerer! That's sort of like if my company fired me because I was doing a better job than someone else.
    :trollin:
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we get any word on whether or not Shadow Cloak and its morphs are being further inspected for functionality?

The team has recognized the issue with DoTs, but there is further an issue in Cyrodiil against other players of the invisibility breaking early with no damage being done or taken, merely being too close to the enemy for some odd reason will often break the effect early.

Furthermore, I've learned the hard way that Stealth Detection Potions allow you to see through this spell, which seems unintended. Magelight does as well, however that makes a bit more sense, I would just like to see it in the tooltip for Magelight that invisibility is included.

This is my main concern as a Nightblade because for melee based Nightblades this ability virtually unusable against other players due to these seemingly random failures, and for ranged nightblades, either bow or staff, it's none too functional either, just a bit better.

I couldn't count the amount of times I've been targeted from 25m away when mid cloak, or the amount of times I've tried to use my cloak to benefit my Surprise Attack (Veiled Strike morph) and been broken out with no damage being taken or dealt simply because the cloak decided to break when I got too close.

Is all of this known to your team and being inspected further? I would greatly appreciate any word on this subject, cheers!
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the new sets and you will see that stamina builds get a massive boost in this patch:

from tamrielfoundary forum:

http://i.imgur.com/BWxp4bq.png -> crafted sets

http://i.imgur.com/o0AKGwL.png -> PvP sets

Goodbye to spell crit builds. Hello to weapon crit builds!
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    PF1901 wrote: »
    DEUTSCHE PTS PATCHNOTIZEN v1.3.0

[*] Bow of Shadows: 5 day Veteran Rank only Campaign
    [*] Blackwater Blade: 5 day Non-Veteran only Campaign
    [*] Haderus: 7 day standard Campaign that anyone can join
    [*] Chillrend: 7 day standard Campaign that anyone can join
    [*] Thornblade: 30 day standard Campaign that anyone can join
    *Sigh* One campaign left which lasts more than just 7 days? Eerrrr...(loss for words). Where are you heading to?

Edited for: So disappointed!
    On another note - will you, or how will you be able to handle the load on that one 30 days campaign?

Currently Auriel's bow (eu): queued for 20 minutes, kicked from server after 5 minutes of gameplay. Rejoined with everyone else. Staff heavy attack not responding at all - I think you get the picture.

PS. Sorry, currently not in the best mood.
    Edited by PF1901 on July 10, 2014 8:21PM
  • Fshober28b14_ESO
    Fshober28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    aaaaannnnnddd the Alchemy Passive SNAKEBLOOD fix doesn't make it into 1.3 either. I don't understand how this little but important crafting passive didn't make it into one of the patches since launch 4 months ago?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets. Furthermore, the Storm Atronach was never intended to be a high health tanking monster; he's a high damage monster, and will still do high damage against your target.
    Thank you for the response, but this is very disappointing.

While the Storm Atronach may not have been intended to be a tank, it fulfilled a role that Sorcorers sorrily needed for soloing as efficiently as other classes. Sorcorers now have no defensive Ultimate, with the only close option coming from a very long PvP grind (something that some of us refuse to do).

For what it's worth, as a Sorcorer tank, I had no problems with and even often relied upon the Atranoch to help tank in dungeons. I now have no good Ultimate to use for my primary role. Every other class has viable Ultimates for all three roles.

Would it be possible for the Greater Atronach morph to be the "tank" form and retain its taunt and have the Charged Atranoch be the "DPS" form and lose the taunt? I feel like this would be a decent solution for the time being.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaaaannnnnddd the Alchemy Passive SNAKEBLOOD fix doesn't make it into 1.3 either. I don't understand how this little but important crafting passive didn't make it into one of the patches since launch 4 months ago?

Could be worse, you could be a werewolf...
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    Look at the new sets and you will see that stamina builds get a massive boost in this patch:

Magicka critical builds only picked up 10% critical from crafted set, or 15% (5% crafting and 10% from PvP set) if you min max. With these changes you can now get 4% from crafting and still 10% from PvP.

So loss of 6% from crafting, or 1% if you min max. That is not a "good bye spell crit builds" when most builds are sporting over 50% spell critical. (56% for me if I go all out, and I do not have the PvP staff set either)

Seeing how stamina builds had no way of getting the same 42% armor penetration that magicka does with spell penetration, they needed the additional critical to even the playing field.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »

Magicka critical builds only picked up 10% critical from crafted set, or 15% (5% crafting and 10% from PvP set) if you min max. With these changes you can now get 4% from crafting and still 10% from PvP.

So loss of 6% from crafting, or 1% if you min max. That is not a "good bye spell crit builds" when most builds are sporting over 50% spell critical. (56% for me if I go all out, and I do not have the PvP staff set either)

Seeing how stamina builds had no way of getting the same 42% armor penetration that magicka does with spell penetration, they needed the additional critical to even the playing field.
    That still doesn't mean crafted spell crit needed a nerf.

Just change the 4 piece bonus of Seducer to 4% crit, or the 3 piece bonus of Magnus, or the 3 piece bonus of Torug's Pact, or any of the other redundant/out of place bonuses in the "caster" sets.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Check out these screenshots showing the new color correction versus the old version:"

When someone says something vs another convention says the first in list is the first pic/item/etc ... in English speaking societies we read from left to right.
    Edited by Tamanous on July 10, 2014 9:45PM
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • The Storm Atronach no longer taunts the target it is attacking.

WHY??? The one reliable and useful summon we have... And you nerf it.

Of all the OP abilities Sorcs have... this was the least of them. And you nerf it... WTF?

It seems it is meant as a DPS ultimate. Sorcs already have a tank pet. No need to have a pocket boss tank too. Lord knows how Tanks love random party members throwing out taunts. ô¿ô
    Edited by Tamanous on July 10, 2014 9:54PM
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, you said that there was a lot of changes under combat and game play or whatever, but Nightblades at this point need the most help. Everyone knows this we are so far behind, and nothing is on there that is actually going to fix that. Nothing. Why aren't you addressing this? I'm VR9 now, and there's no way i'm re-rolling just because something is better. ESO goes off of 'play how you want to play' but there is still clearly certain classes and builds that are trumping the way we want to play, we can't be equal. I like how you are taking it slow and doing small changes to balance, that makes sense. but in this huge patch, so far there is no good changes for us. You can say well maybe they will add it in a later date, and updated patch notes. But that shouldn't be the case, they should have updates in these main patch notes, and they should let us know what they are doing to balance. Please keep us informed better, on the hot topics like this. It will keep the players happier to at least know what'd going on. :)
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning
    The Storm Atronach no longer taunts the target it is attacking.

Great!!! Tyvm ZoS for making one of the only useful Sorc Ultimates completely useless. Overload is garbage and Negate Magic has very little situational use. Good thinking.
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning

Of all the OP abilities Sorcs have... this was the least of them. And you nerf it... WTF?

It seems it is meant as a DPS ultimate. Sorcs already have a tank pet. No need to have a pocket boss tank too. Lord knows how Tanks love random party members throwing out taunts. ô¿ô
    I'm a Sorc tank and I actively use the Atronach while taking. It's not annoying. It helps a lot. It's the only relatively defensive cooldown Sorcs have.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Still have provisioning on the back burner I see...

Were you aware low level ingredients are still dropping in most veteran zones?

Did you know people are so desperate to get purple provisioning recipes that they are paying upwards of 800K gold for them? Do they drop 0.0000000001% of the time or is it 1x10^-35 %? And, I forgot, why is it purple and not gold again? Thought the color was supposed to be indicative of how rare an item was.

Did you know level 35 food uses the same ingredients as V5 food?

Did you know Oats and Tomatoes are so rare that even with 4 provisioning mules with hireling III, I get an average of 2.7 oats and 2.5 tomatoes per day? I actually did a 2-week running count of what I got and that was the real average.
    So divide that by 4, if you want to know how many someone silly enough to just level provisioning to 50 once with one hireling III gets per day.

Did you know for some unknown reason some purple recipes DO NOT require a rare ingredient such as oats and tomatoes and others do? Consummate Honey Brittle for example does not require oats or tomatoes. Same exact stats as Consummate Honey Pudding and Consummate Sweetroll just without that silly only able to make (2.5/4)x4 or (2.7/4)x4 per day restriction. Makes sense.

Did you know some Drink recipes have exactly the same resource regeneration at lvl 45 and 50? Seems whoever coded the provisioning stuff forgot to check his math and skipped a tier.

And drink recipes generally suck compared to food, hardly anyone wants to buy them.
    Thanks so much for your feedback - we passed this along so each item can be investigated.

Oats and Tomatoes are just fine as rare. I have 135 tomatoes and 122 oats sitting in my bank. I have no other chars then my main. We as a guild, saves these until we have enough skill, interest to numbers to take on the Vet5+ big encounters. We use the food buff there.

The blue food buffs are MORE then enough to help in defeating harder encounters.

Please do not make "rare" food buffs into the normal, which makes green and blue food buffs pointless.

Please listen to this feedback as well.
    This feedback is an outlier, please ignore it. Epic recipes and their ingredients are far too rare.
    We listen to all feedback. :) That said, we are working on revamping the Provisioning system a bit. We plan to post what our vision is for the revamp very soon, and would love to get everyone's feedback on it.

Thank you! But, purple provisioning recipes, oats and tomatoes really are too rare ;) And drink buffs could use a boost as well.

BTW, you can check out this post here by @Catches_the_Sun for a pretty good list of the provisioning issues as well:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96337/comprehensive-provisioning-issues/p1
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Venatoreo
    Venatoreo
    Soul Shriven

I see.

There's really no other way to solve this issue, sad yes for those who solo, etc. The only other solution is to remove an existing morph and replace with a morph that removes the taunt, and exchanges it for extra damage, turning it into a dps pet.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyall84 wrote: »

That still doesn't mean crafted spell crit needed a nerf.

Just change the 4 piece bonus of Seducer to 4% crit, or the 3 piece bonus of Magnus, or the 3 piece bonus of Torug's Pact, or any of the other redundant/out of place bonuses in the "caster" sets.

They have to make cuts some where. Especially when some classes can equip a robe and staff then solo what has been designed as "group content". Can't do that with medium armor or heavy armor, and neither should they. It is all part of the balance act.

Just a personal experience with developers balancing a game...in a game that most don't like mentioned here...I played Class A, only class that could tank. For 8+ months I focused on being the best tank I could. Then the first expansion they made it so Class B and Class C could tank. Problem was that they made Class B such an effective AoE tank that even a nimwit could faceroll across keyboard and AoE tank better than Class A. On top of that they made Class C such an effective single target tank, that any nimwit could sit there and alternate between two buttons and generate more threat and have the same survival as Class A. Effectively making Class A useless. Of course I raged, stopped tanking, even stopped playing.

Then the development realized they tilted the balance too far. The final boss for the expansion was given a mechanic that only Class A could neutralize in order to bring back Class A players. Then when they released the second expansion, they made sure that the balance was at least close enough to not drive players away with the changes.

Moral of this is, it needs to be close to balanced in order to keep the most players active. And that a 6% loss in critical when you have close to 50% is not that big a difference.
    Edited by Lyall84 on July 11, 2014 12:32AM
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning

Drives me up a wall.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well since this thread seems to be getting monitored pretty thoroughly, I'll give my two cents on provisioning.

Collecting mats for V5 provisioning recipes should not have to be a guild effort as is described in a post above. Maybe for V12 recipes if they ever make it into the game, but like every other profession, V5 mats and recipes should not be excessively rare/expensive. A solo player should be able to obtain enough of these mats to supply themselves with food consistently.

The drop rate of the rarer provisioning recipes needs to be increased to the point that the average value is no more than 100k and no less than 25k. Currently, I know of one guy that has sold one for a million. I offer 350k for one once and got called out for low balling.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 11, 2014 12:31AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    The taunt was removed entirely from the Storm Atronach. We found that he was preventing allies from holding threat on key targets. Furthermore, the Storm Atronach was never intended to be a high health tanking monster; he's a high damage monster, and will still do high damage against your target.
    Thank you for the response, but this is very disappointing.

While the Storm Atronach may not have been intended to be a tank, it fulfilled a role that Sorcorers sorrily needed for soloing as efficiently as other classes. Sorcorers now have no defensive Ultimate, with the only close option coming from a very long PvP grind (something that some of us refuse to do).

For what it's worth, as a Sorcorer tank, I had no problems with and even often relied upon the Atranoch to help tank in dungeons. I now have no good Ultimate to use for my primary role. Every other class has viable Ultimates for all three roles.

Would it be possible for the Greater Atronach morph to be the "tank" form and retain its taunt and have the Charged Atranoch be the "DPS" form and lose the taunt? I feel like this would be a decent solution for the time being.

Yep I agree this would be the best solution as I use the Atronach to help tank world bosses that I can solo. If the taunt is removed I will not be able to solo bosses.

@heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potency stacks in 100! Awesome... especially when I typically have around 60 - 100 of each type.
    Edited by nagarjunna on July 11, 2014 2:07AM
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great stuff here. That said, as a heavy armour user (playing my way etc) and a Werewolf, i am still a sad panda. As a tank i should not have better survivability using light armour over heavy. I hope we see changes to this soon.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fix for Dark Cloak yet? damn.
  • Savitar
    Savitar
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone QQing about the sorc atronach loosing its taunt are silly. You weren't meant to solo bosses. Defeats the purpose of an MMO. It's hard enough to hold aggro effectively as a tank type due to the taunting mechanics in this game. That's not me trash talking the tanking in the game. Its a good and active tanking style. Not the spam taunt style. So, yeah we don't need your dps pet messing things up.
  • rhogarth2b14a_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

All Campaigns that were running up until this patch have been closed, and 5 new Campaigns are opening up:
    Bow of Shadows: 5 day Veteran Rank only Campaign
    Blackwater Blade: 5 day Non-Veteran only Campaign
    Haderus: 7 day standard Campaign that anyone can join
    Chillrend: 7 day standard Campaign that anyone can join
    Thornblade: 30 day standard Campaign that anyone can join

These campaign proposed changes were posted a while back, and feedback was requested for ideas on campaign types and lengths. There were pages and pages of feedback given, many speaking to the need for more 30 day campaigns to prevent that one from being overcrowded.

Was any of the feedback even considered?? This list is the exact one posted with no changes reflecting the opinions of players. Is this list of campaigns finalized??