Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v1.3.0

• Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimates scales off weapon or spell damage but why they does scale of magicka only?
    Options
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    No Nightblade fixes or improvements? Consistency is not always a virtue. If we are to remain the red-headed step-child of ESO ... at least be honest about it so we won't keep expecting to some day be on par with the other classes.
    Edited by Braddass on July 12, 2014 9:41PM
    Options
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Snit wrote: »
    On the armor set changes, please do not change the most popular caster DPS/ Heal sets to tanking sets. More specifically, the Spell Crit on Willow's Path and Twilight's Embrace should not be replaced by Health Recovery or Health. Nobody who chased Spell Crit is after tanking stats.

Please consider changing the Spell Crit on those sets to something that current wearers will find relevant, such as Spell Damage or Max Magicka. Otherwise, you are requiring a gear reset for many players, which is a fairly onerous penalty for anyone in all-yellow gear.

I am a Nightblade Tank / DPS (Blood Knight) and I enjoy the change to Twilight :P Finally more healing with leeching strikes + Red Diamond.
    Options
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    How about "The Shattered and the Lost" fix?
    Options
  • richardjameshillb16_ESO
    In 1.3 we have, the following changes to look forward to for Sorcerer

- Atronach nerf (No taunt, rendering the ultimate useless)
    - Set Item nerf (Willows path and Twilights embrace, now have no spell critical)
    - Warlock set, Magicka flood now need 5 pieces not 3
    - Spell damage cap lowered from 150 approx. to 130 approx.

It's a little bit much I think,

I would love classes to more balanced and viable, but perhaps the best way to achieve this is to Buff other skills and classes, rather than nerfing others.

Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    In 1.3 we have, the following changes to look forward to for Sorcerer

- Atronach nerf (No taunt, rendering the ultimate useless)
    - Set Item nerf (Willows path and Twilights embrace, now have no spell critical)
    - Warlock set, Magicka flood now need 5 pieces not 3
    - Spell damage cap lowered from 150 approx. to 130 approx.

It's a little bit much I think,

I would love classes to more balanced and viable, but perhaps the best way to achieve this is to Buff other skills and classes, rather than nerfing others.

Uh... The following changes to look forward to for Sorcerer is more like...

-Atronach nerf (No taunt, rendering the ultimate useless for soloing and tanks)

Everything else you listed affects every single class equally, because all classes must go light armor and use the stats and set bonuses you listed to min/max in the current state of the game.
    Options
  • Persephonius
    Persephonius
    ✭✭✭
    The Atronach nerf is not a nerf at all. In group situations, using the atronach that taunted bosses/mobs away from the tank was outright annoying, making the ultimate troublesome, where I have been in group situations where I have been asked not to use the ultimate. With this change, the ultimate will have more usability.
    Options
  • richardjameshillb16_ESO
    The Atronach nerf is not a nerf at all. In group situations, using the atronach that taunted bosses/mobs away from the tank was outright annoying, making the ultimate troublesome, where I have been in group situations where I have been asked not to use the ultimate. With this change, the ultimate will have more usability.

This has been addressed earlier in this this thread, A solution for both Solo players, and Groups

Rather than a blanket change, could perhaps one morph have lower DPS but a Taunt (for Solo play Sorcerer), and the other morph Higher DPS but no Taunt (for group play, and dungeons where holding threat is important to the Tank)

Just an idea that would perhaps keep everyone happy.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am both a Sorcorer as well as a tank and I have zero issues with the Atranoch as it is.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , How about the quest "Shattered and the Lost" in Craglorn? It is still bugged and blocking progress for many of us.
    That is tentatively scheduled to be fixed next Monday with 1.2.6.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , How about the quest "Shattered and the Lost" in Craglorn? It is still bugged and blocking progress for many of us.
    That is tentatively scheduled to be fixed next Monday with 1.2.6.

@ZoS_GinaBruno When can we expect some werewolf updates either on live or test live server? Thanks.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Annoying? I guess tanks may suffer a moment of slight annoyance when the boss starts hitting the summons, but that's not an actual problem in 98% of the content. For the tiny sliver of content where it's vital that the tank retain control over the boss, sorcs should simply be smart enough to use a different ultimate.

Sorc Healers in dungeons can currently use Atronach to either give themselves a break when the tank is taking too much damage, or to give them time to revive the tank if he has died.

Sorc soloists use the Atronach to solo difficult bosses in solo content. He's currently a fantastic, all-in-one DPS/ Mitigation ultimate. After the nerf, he's basically a slightly more damaging version of Soul Assault (he'll be higher damage, but lower DPS).
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is elixir of defense in PTS. Is this potion new one because I have never met it before.
    zhdCi4r.png
    Because I can!
    Options
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    There is elixir of defense in PTS. Is this potion new one because I have never met it before.
    zhdCi4r.png

that's nice and all, but gonna be wasted due to super soft overcharge
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    zhdCi4r.png

Definitely you are right, but does this mean that there are new kind of potions? And maybe they can increase the soft cap of the armor and spell resistance?
    Edited by Bashev on July 14, 2014 7:29PM
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just another thing to marginalize heavy armor
    Options
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what the numbers actually are, but that potion might get someone up to hard cap, or close to it.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zhdCi4r.png

People are too preoccupied with the 'soft' cap, once you reach that point sure there are diminishing returns however that doesn't make anything useless. As a tank I'm easily soft capped on health and armor, I still use certain skills that buff armor by a large amount. Sure I may not get 1100 from the potion but if I gain 300 more and that hits hard cap then I would definitely use it.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask about Alliance Points. Will the upcoming Campaign changes affect my current amount of Alliance Points earned in my home Campaign? I have currently around 50k Alliance Points and wonder whether I will be able to keep them or they will be reseted.

Thanks in advance
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
    Options
  • Avath
    Avath
    This looks really good. I'm a big fan of the idea of the Guild Vendors too, along with the Difficult versions of Dungeons and gear scaled accordingly.

This seems to be a solid update that addresses a lot of the things many people thought of as missing or limitations in the game.
    Options
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eres wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask about Alliance Points. Will the upcoming Campaign changes affect my current amount of Alliance Points earned in my home Campaign? I have currently around 50k Alliance Points and wonder whether I will be able to keep them or they will be reset.
    Saved alliance points better not be reset. That would cause an uproar of epic proportions. I worked hard to build up my Alliance Points and an arbitrary reset would be brutal to say the least.
    Edited by Oberon on July 15, 2014 5:27PM
    Options
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the 7 pages, but is there an estimated release for this on Live? Is it something like the end of July (2 weeks), or mid/late August?
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Eres wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask about Alliance Points. Will the upcoming Campaign changes affect my current amount of Alliance Points earned in my home Campaign? I have currently around 50k Alliance Points and wonder whether I will be able to keep them or they will be reseted.

Thanks in advance
    When they introduce these new campaigns you'll get your reward as if it had ended. That's the only thing that was ever 'reset', your actual AP never changed, not even when switching home campaigns. Only your 'end-of-campaign-reward' score is reset but that's the same as if it had ended naturally. I'm trying to find the post but I cannot seem to locate it.

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »
    zhdCi4r.png

People are too preoccupied with the 'soft' cap, once you reach that point sure there are diminishing returns however that doesn't make anything useless. As a tank I'm easily soft capped on health and armor, I still use certain skills that buff armor by a large amount. Sure I may not get 1100 from the potion but if I gain 300 more and that hits hard cap then I would definitely use it.

Quoted for truth. They also don't seem to get the usefulness of armor and spell resist padding even past caps regardless of the "normal" benefit, particularly when enemies (player and npc) have this thing called spell/armor penetration.... and even moreso how much it actually helps.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Demira
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric Summoning

The Storm Atronach no longer taunts the target it is attacking.

What was wrong with it taunting the target?? not like it lasted forever FFS!
    You are making me rethink about deleting the Sorc class that I have at Vet 12.
    IF you are going to make changes to the Sorc classes ...make us stronger and not weaker like all these whine buttheads in the forums wants the Sorc's to be!
    Edited by Demira on July 16, 2014 12:57AM
    Options
  • Zephara
    Zephara
    Soul Shriven
    What is with the change to Storm Atronach no longer taunting. It is part of the ult that really has no effect on pvp so it shouldn't be a balancing issue, so why do it? I don't play a sorc but to my guildies that do they are a little upset. Doesn't make me want to play one either.
    Options
  • Yzania
    Yzania
    Soul Shriven
    Strom atronach is an ultime dps summon, not a tank. The pb is that its taunt is stronger than the tanks'one.
    In an other hand, this ultime is too strong. it helps too much the sorc for any VR contents (and yes i play a sorc and i'm surprised seeing sorc leveling far easier than templar) thanks to its taunt, like for little bosses on maps
    Demira wrote:
    IF you are going to make changes to the Sorc classes ...make us stronger and not weaker like all these whine buttheads in the forums wants the Sorc's to be!
    I can't stop laughing since i read it :smile:
    Options
  • AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭
    Zephara wrote: »
    What is with the change to Storm Atronach no longer taunting. It is part of the ult that really has no effect on pvp so it shouldn't be a balancing issue, so why do it? I don't play a sorc but to my guildies that do they are a little upset. Doesn't make me want to play one either.
    That's because of 2% of curved-handed tanks cannot taunt mob, which is taunt Atronacj already. It make those tanks very sad, so devs want to nerf Sorc again.
    Very simple logic.
    If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    There have been several well thought out solutions to the taunt Atronach issue that to not exercise one of them in this next patch over the current plans for an easy fix is really quite unacceptable especially since we pay a subscription for this game. My $15 a month sub is just as green as the $15 sub who QQ'd about the taunt to begin with.

I do not believe that it is all that difficult nor time consumming to simply implement one of the following solutions to this problem.

A. Charge Atronach morph has NO Taunt. Storm Atronach morph has Taunt.

or

B. Leave the Taunt on both morphs and give the Atronach a pet command for Taunt.

It's not rocket science, choose one or the other but don't ignore us and take the easy way out because a few Trial players wiped because they can't L2P.
    Edited by heyguyslol on July 16, 2014 2:34PM
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    No fix for Shadowy Disguise ending immediately for us archers?
    - cancels stealth if a projectile (arrow, Strife) shot before stealthing hits target
    - cancels stealth if DoT ticks (mainly visible on Poison Arrow)

causing the ability to be totally worthless for archer NBs?

Also, changes to Warlock set are really bad. Till now people have used just 3p bonus for regen, at a price of lack of other stats (because all stats were magicka regen), now you've moved it to 5p bonus, which is even worse.
    Options