The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade Update

• Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Still find it funny that dks are complaining about nèrfs. If I sneak on a nb or templar they're dead. Sorc will bolt escape. Dk will use talons and a banner and kill me most of them time. Unless I can actually do some decent damage on the opener.

Ye its kinda sad that our easiest targets to kill, are other nightblades.
    Edited by Selodaoc on June 7, 2014 11:11PM
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    Bar 1
    Impale
    Draining Shot
    scorched earth
    Bombard
    leeching strikes

Bar 2
    Impale
    Venom Arrow
    scorched earth
    Reaper's Mark
    Leeching strikes

Original I had scorched earth on both bars just because bar switching sucks then I notices I was getting over lapping dots and with Leeching strikes I was able to make it into a sustainable rotation. I have not run the numbers since I was sub 50 but the simple answer is Silver Bolts uses Spell Damage and not weapon damage as a result it's was not as effective with my build due to low Spell Damage and low crit at the time. Silver Bolts Physical Damage component is based off of Max Stamina & Spell Damage and the Magic Damage component is based off of Max Health. When I was sub 50 on a group of three mobs I found that you get the 5% proc 1 to 3 times in the fight but unless you are fighting a undead or Daedric and can get the banish to go off you would be doing less damage. Now in VR I need to retest this as I have higher crit and set bonus and so on. What I need to figure is if replacing scorched earth on bar 2 is a DPS increase in a sustainable rotation. Either way once they fix hast focused attacks should provide more DPS then both scorched earth & Silver Bolts as it will add 3% Crit and the damage from the attack speed.
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have to face it....Nb class is the best class in killing ultrafast 2k2 hitpoints mobs :/ we can kill them faster than anyone!!
    But..well..if the 2k2 is 22k...nevermind :smile:

The most funny thing is that our assasination ultimate was nerfed.
    I hope the next comming fixes for the NB class are going to finally make a NB really worthy for being in a group...
    Most Trials group ive been had 1 (me) or 2 nightblades so as it looks at least to me, NB class is not that wanted in a group that needs sustained dps.
    Most of my NB friends quit the game or level up DK's still that is a mistake i guess..We cant have a game full of DK's and we cant have groups full of DK's
    So lets try to be patient and see what comes after.

Offcourse some guys may reffer to their nb that has surviveability and damage and blah blah,i guess their is more special than mine :smiley:

Afterall,i think zenimax is trying to be carefull with the assasin class just to avoid some...Monsterous overpowering mistakes that happened in other games in the past.Like the one that happened in this game with vamp DK's.

I think what the game miss is...
    CLASS PASSIVES,

DK's bonus when using heavy armor even more,when switching to light armor or medium suffer penalties to their self healing abilities.DPS IS DPS they have to feel i think the...1 hitted in raid traials

Templars should be able to have high sustained dps,why not? but having a DPS as high and healing abilities? nah..that cant happen it would terribly unbalance the game..Even more

NB's bonuses for using medium armor on spell critical and weapon critical,because i think those 2 options ruin the game of a nightblade...NB has to play melee(weapon critical) while the class abilities are using spell critical.There NB suffers the most.And please by all means...No fire staff assasin..its just lol..but works fine,for now :)

As about sorcerer i do not have any input,i think this class is very well designed,but i could be wrong offcourse
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    Someone summed up melee nightblades quite well before.
    Good opener (suprise attack, quite crap though), and good closener (impale) nothing in between.

My DW dps is like 200-300 aka total garbage,

DK's probably have around 700-1000 dps,u know that right? :smiley:
    Probably more than mages have lol
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    Good opener (suprise attack, quite crap though), and good closener (impale) nothing in between.

Yes, that's why I said, "aka total garbage" you know that right?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NBs can pull way more than 300 DPS with light armor and staffs, which is what DKs are using to reach 1k.

Not exactly fair to compare them in this way.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭

NBs can pull way more than 300 DPS with light armor and staffs, which is what DKs are using to reach 1k.

Sure, but when we pull maybe 600 (and that is pushing it) in light/staff they hit 1000... does that sound balanced either?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »

Sure, but when we pull maybe 600 (and that is pushing it) in light/staff they hit 1000... does that sound balanced either?
    Are those the numbers? I see claims of higher numbers for staff/light Nightblades. Which random person without evidence should I trust?
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    a good NB light armor staff has 600-800 dps but anyway in pvp is weak because low self healing and poor defence
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on June 8, 2014 5:30AM
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    a good NB light armor staff has 600-800 dps but anyway in pvp is weak because low self healing and poor defence

Remember that as the entire group's dps goes up, it inflates everyone's numbers due to the shorter fight.

Each of the following fights are on the same boss. However, each fight took different amounts of time by a few seconds. I did approximately the same amount of total damage for each fight within a margin of about 2k difference between the first and third fights.

This fight also has adds and since Veil of Blades is an AoE that inflates the numbers as well.

tumblr_n6ucrxsN7l1qki2y1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6ucrxsN7l1qki2y1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6ucrxsN7l1qki2y1o3_1280.jpg

Basically, 2k more total damage and around14 seconds faster fight overall raised my dps by about 140 even though the total damage I did for all three fights is so close.

Here is another example on the same fight where I do about 20k more total damage but the dps is actually lower. (The dps display is actually blocked by another addon but if you do the math 101,455 divided by 124 sec it comes out to around 818 dps.)

tumblr_n6udtz12qq1qki2y1o1_1280.jpg

Essentially, total damage done is a better gauge than dps.

Here is an example of a fight without adds and without my ultimate up.

tumblr_n6ud8ibvZ11qki2y1o1_1280.jpg
    Edited by dragnier on June 8, 2014 8:52AM
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    Some argue that Vampire NB (DW+Bow) can have all the stamina it needs to do the kind of DPS any one else can!
  • shad0w18
    shad0w18
    ✭✭
    Still find it funny that dks are complaining about nèrfs. If I sneak on a nb or templar they're dead. Sorc will bolt escape. Dk will use talons and a banner and kill me most of them time. Unless I can actually do some decent damage on the opener.

Ye its kinda sad that our easiest targets to kill, are other nightblades.

I feel bad hunting my NB brethren but I have such a better chance killing other NBs then anyone else. I usually sit stealthed looking for bow users or the iconic Ambush during mass zergs :neutral_face: Temps I have slightly more trouble with but not that much. Sorcs if I dont get an undetected Concealed Weapon with Crit Flying Daggers follow ups then they.ll BE and run or they just turn on you with BE spam and Crystal Frags. The latter I usually die because Dark Cloak sucks so hard right now. I dont even pick on DKs :(
    Shadowstalk, Dominion-US VR6
    Vamp DW/Bow Stamina Build
    NA Auriel's Bow Veteran-1
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeddahwe wrote: »
    Some argue that Vampire NB (DW+Bow) can have all the stamina it needs to do the kind of DPS any one else can!

Well , if some argue that, they should post some videos showing it. Secondly, being a vamp should not be required to perform well in any part of the game. Being a vamp should add flavor and options, not power.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 8, 2014 8:48AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭

Well , if some argue that, they should post some videos showing it. Secondly, being a vamp should not be required to perform well in any part of the game. Being a vamp should add flavor and options, not power.

I'm sure someone will. There's always that one freakish guy out there. However, I don't think nearly every vet NB (VET NB mind you) would be complaining if there weren't problems with that build.

As for now we're Light armor wearing staff freaks. Or... we could go DW and bow and pretend it's ok.
  • Bahz
    Bahz
    ✭✭
    Nb Neede more burst + stealth skills. Also bow needs to be improved.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 2 handed with a bow and know it's bollocks but still continue. Why? Who knows.

Won't be for another month unless 1.2 is the panacea it's claimed to be.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭

This fight also has adds and since Veil of Blades is an AoE that inflates the numbers as well.

Adds?

Great post by the way.

People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    OkieDokie wrote: »

Adds?

Great post by the way.

Adds = Additional Monsters spawned during a boss fight.
  • Nysticc
    Nysticc
    ✭✭✭
    As a NB I feel so nerfed that sometimes i don't even want to enter cyrodil. I feel like its not even worth it. Here are a few reasons why:

1: Once you're hit by force shock, dark cloak doesn't work anymore.

2: Our skills costs to much resources and losing 23% of your damage while using leaching is a huge blow on our dps. Cost reduction jewelry also means less damage as you lose the damage glyphs.

3:Having to be a vampire to sneak quickly. DK's will steamroll you without breaking a sweat.

4: There is no TRUE stealth. Everyone carries magelight for the crit bonus

5: A sorc's stealth shard opener does more damage than ours.

6: Dark Cloak uses too much resources. It does no damage and and last 2.8 seconds and has to be chained to to cause damage.

This is only a few of the MANY things that I have trouble with...

I feel like I made a class that not meant to be in this game...
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks. Yeah, it makes sense =)
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    They should delete Nightblades and ask people if they want their Nightblades switched to Dragon Knight or Sorcerer...
  • Blinks
    Blinks
    ✭✭✭
    Can't really see any major changes for a few months lads, just going to have to soldier on with blunt daggers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    ESO, "play your way", As long as its light armor and staff

v14 DK (Re-rolled to NB, because DK is easy-mode)
    v12 Duel Wield Khajiit NightBlade (Re-rolled again to play ranged DPS) Snipe spam

Main v9 Bosmer NB Archer (Can't hit v14 due to ZOS screwing with XP)
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should delete Nightblades and ask people if they want their Nightblades switched to Dragon Knight or Sorcerer...

No they shouldnt. They should pull their socks up and do some proper balancing. Start with fixing the underlying problem which is the *** of stamina/magicka skill balance, then work on armor passives and then move on to class balance.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 8, 2014 2:25PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    Some are posting over at Tameriel Caster NB (Resto Staff) is one of the highest PvE DPS in the game from 12 man content!
  • dafraorb16_ESO
    dafraorb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i tried a Sorcerer on PTS, i just reroll it on live server.
    It's awesome play a class that has usefull and synergy passive like:
    "Power Stone" that reduce the cost for all ultimate skill
    "Unholy Knowledge" that reduce magicka and stamina cost for all abilities
    And other passive that increse critical strike and heal when using Dark Magic tree skill.
    The skills are awesome and after the 1.2.x patch Bolt Escape still spammable for six times and the summoning skill become viable in Cyrondiil.
    DK will get the nerf hammer and the only playable class will be a Sorcerer.
    Edited by dafraorb16_ESO on June 8, 2014 3:13PM
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Some are posting over at Tameriel Caster NB (Resto Staff) is one of the highest PvE DPS in the game from 12 man content!

We dont effin care about staff AoE builds
  • Blinks
    Blinks
    ✭✭✭
    i tried a Sorcerer on PTS, i just reroll it on live server.
    It's awesome play a class that has usefull and synergy passive like:
    "Power Stone" that reduce the cost for all ultimate skill
    "Unholy Knowledge" that reduce magicka and stamina cost for all abilities
    And other passive that increse critical strike and heal when using Dark Magic tree skill.
    The skills are awesome and after the 1.2.x patch Bolt Escape still spammable for six times and the summoning skill become viable in Cyrondiil.
    DK will get the nerf hammer and the only playable class will be a Sorcerer.

Dude STFU!
    Edited by Blinks on June 8, 2014 3:59PM
    ESO, "play your way", As long as its light armor and staff

v14 DK (Re-rolled to NB, because DK is easy-mode)
    v12 Duel Wield Khajiit NightBlade (Re-rolled again to play ranged DPS) Snipe spam

Main v9 Bosmer NB Archer (Can't hit v14 due to ZOS screwing with XP)
  • Kileryne_Belelas
    Kileryne_Belelas
    Soul Shriven
    We still havent any Guild as Thives or Dark Brotherhod wich is issential !
    Thats why i quit ESO !
    Edited by Kileryne_Belelas on June 8, 2014 4:20PM
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Met with a group of players in game and formed a dueling pit last night...

There were 8 of them, and 2 of each class.

They literally couldn't kill me.

I'm a VR11 NB, full medium armor, dual wield.

I run Killer's Blade, Ambush, Crippling Grasp, Sparks, Bloodcraze w/ Soul Tether Ultimate.

So, if you enjoy 1v1 style pvp (I've fought and beat up to 4 ppl at the same time with this build tho), this is a great build.

And none of these guys were PvP nubs... All of which were PvP ranks 10-16
    Edited by bg22 on June 8, 2014 4:29PM
  • deacon13
    deacon13
    ✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Met with a group of players in game and formed a dueling pit last night...

There were 8 of them, and 2 of each class.

They literally couldn't kill me.

I'm a VR11 NB, full medium armor, dual wield.

I run Killer's Blade, Ambush, Crippling Grasp, Sparks, Bloodcraze w/ Soul Tether Ultimate.

So, if you enjoy 1v1 style pvp (I've fought and beat up to 4 ppl at the same time with this build tho), this is a great build.

And none of these guys were PvP nubs... All of which were PvP ranks 10-16

That's nice ! I think it is one of the reasons the Devs are not fixing NBs because they are afraid it will be OP in PvP . I don't care one bit for PvP ! If I want to play PvP I will go play a game MADE FOR PvP and only PvP .