The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Soul Lock passive be fixed?
    Right now, when you upgrade to 2/2 Soul Lock passive, no change occurs in the 5% chance to trap a soul.

I second this question two.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    I see still nothing for Heavy Armor or Stamina Builds in general

I hate to say it, but this is exactly why I'm deciding to walk away from the game for a while (decided to cancel our subs today).

I understand why the other guy says he wants to quit as a DK. I play a DK on my main as well, and if you aren't a DK wearing light armor and carrying a staff, then you are nothing compared to a DK that does - so I feel his pain. For those of us who wear Hvy armor and have stamina builds, the DK nerfs hurt a lot.

I want this game to succeed to so bad, but I just can't continue playing in it's current state. It's too demoralizing to play on my VR 7 DK stamina char and get wiped out by 3 trash mobs. It's worse for my gf, who plays a Templar (stamina/hvy armor)
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    A bit disheartening not seeing anything about the PvE phasing. Its the only thing keeping me from logging back in. I guess they're just too far from a fix or re-working (since its not a bug).
  • Keoregh
    Keoregh
    Unerfing Weapon soft cap should be a good improvement in Stamina based build.

VR12 I have 179 soft cap, wich I get with 2 daggers VR12 (one gold, one violet).
    In Cyrodiil I have 165 soft cap.

Having a softcap so low make the DK buff useless.

And Magica softcap is at 165 when my stat is at 95 full VR12 violet.
    So magicka build can gain a lot of damage, while melee get nerfed.
  • belgeran
    belgeran
    Soul Shriven
    I doubt this will get a response, and I don't know if this was asked or answered already, but when are we gonna get a fix to the achievements of past area quest completion?
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would really help stamina builds (and armor types, too) would be to buff heavy armor - herein lies the solution to many woes. The max 7% extra damage you get from melee attacks in full heavy isn't quite enough. Dare I stick my head out and say that it should be double that value?

I wouldn't mind seeing a ~400 damage uppercut doing ~450 damage with full heavy.
    And I wouldn't mind seeing a ~700 critical charge doing ~800 damage with full heavy either.

On another and equally important note, with the new auto-CC immunity in place in the upcoming patch, you, yes you @ZOS, can also revert dark talons to its 8 meter radius again. No half-decent player will ever get stuck in a dark talon + standard rotation ever again - not that they are now anyways. So please be a little level-headed and give the DKs their tankiness back, which you practically bereft them of over the last couple of weeks.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Wep Dmg cap is horribly low. So are stat softcaps to be honest. v11 -w/2 purple weps = already capped. .. and yes Class skills are impossible to even get close to Mag Dmg soft cap. One of many huge scaling / usefulness issues between MP/ST

Power extraction is ok for NB Destro / DW AoE build, but severly handicapped by it

You are also nerfing Whirlwind which makes me sad. The synergy type additions to DW are cool and a step in the right direction for more action / twitch / strategy for fighting.
  • dream.beyond.orangeb14_ESO
    Please just fix the nightblade already, I'm getting tired of this game.

There are problems that need to be fixed, stop adding new content and fix what you have already made! Or get more people to do both simultaneously!

This isn't single player *** any more. Fix it!
    Edited by dream.beyond.orangeb14_ESO on June 4, 2014 3:05PM
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Currently Broken, and not fixed by this patch:
    • Deep Breath (Morph of Inhale) not interrupting or stunning.
    • Sea of Flames (Morph of Inferno) does not return magicka.
    • Burning Breath (Morph of Fiery Breath) does not increase damage (NPCs don't wear armor) in PvE.
    • Engulfing Flames (Morph of Fiery Breath) increases damage by 1, at Rank IV, when compared to Fiery Breath.
    • DW: Flying Blade; costs less, and has greater range than Bow: Draining Shot.
    • Bow: Draining Shot; costs more and has shorter range than DW: Flying Blade.
    • Twin Blades and Blunt: None of the effects actually work. What is broken is not addressed with this patch. The passive doesn't do ANYTHING right now.
    • Whirling Blades: The stamina regen timer stops if an enemy dies, in or out of combat. The regen value is absurdly small, too.
    • All abilities that reduce armor are ineffective in PvE, as NPC's don't wear armor.
    • Legendary VR Glyph of Hardening provides a damage shield of 181, and all NPCs auto attack for more than that. When the damage shield is removed, all other damage from that hit bypasses all defenses of the player (including armor) causing the player to take MORE damage, not less. Again, you're not fixing the root cause, you're putting a bandaid on an arterial laceration.
    Here's a thought for a fix for patch 1.2.0...
    How about letting us un-morph skills individually (and pay the 100g, per skill) so when we find these (and many other bugs) we're not dropping 10-20k to get back to a skill that works properly.
    Edited by vyal on June 4, 2014 3:21PM
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    How about adding some solo end game content?

Every patch seems to be nothing but group stuff. Is a set of dailies somewhere too much to ask?
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    General: Fixed an issue so transforming out of werewolf form when you are crowd-controlled will no longer break your light and heavy attacks.

Thnx, byby

Edit: You are kidding me right? right???
    Edited by Iduyenn on June 4, 2014 3:40PM
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, templars are still f*cked and not viable for endgame content.

No fix for the PvP mercenary exploit.

My sub will remain cancelled
  • Biiiiiii
    Biiiiiii
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Biiiiiii on June 4, 2014 5:02PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    -stamina skill must do more damage than magika (cause you risk to die for use stamina damage skill)

Okay, bows now use magicka.

Because there's no risk to die with bows unless you're an idiot and back into adds.

You have no idea how stupid the quoted suggestion sounds.

Uh, no not really. Adds can still rush you and frankly you can easily run out of stamina with a bow just the same as anything else.

That said, I think the better phrase to say here would be "Stamina Attacks with Melee Weapons need their damage increased as to balance them out with their ranged counterparts."

Why? Because Ranged in this game is just plain scary and melee is not. They both hit the same roughly most of the time, so tell me why I should use a melee attack when I can do the same damage from a safe distance with instant knockbacks and kiting abilities?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Focused Healing: This passive ability now correctly applies a healing power increase to Rite of Passage and its morphs.

While you are at it can you fix it so that it effects all targets of Breath of Life, not just the first one?

Also where is our, templar, active regen ability or at least a comment on the situation? Before the game even went live you assured us that you were looking into it after your nuking of restorative spirit.

Here we are, another content patch with no change/fix and certainly no comment, leaving Templar the most pigeon holed class in the game.

Edited by galiumb16_ESO on June 4, 2014 4:58PM
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So attorneyatlawls, NB build isn't like the "cookie cutter" builds but it sounds to me like almost any other NB caster build. Infact there is only one dot available to NB if you're not including the bleeds from cleave or blood craze which, besides from those there is entropy and soul trap which are both bad in terms of DPS and only add more utility than DPS.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

- Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph) bleeds
    - Summon Shade and morphs are technically DOT
    - Path of Darkness and morphs
    - Strife and morphs
    - Agony and morphs
    - Cripple and morphs
    - Drain Power and morphs (the tooltip isn't really clear but I'm pretty sure the magic damage is DOT)

That's just Nightblade class skills…
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will templars keep the "increased range" on Puncturing Sweep?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • iuki
    iuki
    ✭✭
    Pick up Armor and Weapons •Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and equipped. •These items are low quality, but can be used if needed.
    •These items sell for 0 gold.
    •These items are upgradeable through crafting.
    •These items can be deconstructed, but yield very low inspiration and rarely yield usable resources.

I know why this is being done....to punish botters.

However, for normal players this is pretty much the only we can earn gold. There is no other source other than maybe vendoring crafting mats....

So please explain how we are to make money now for repairs and buying things once this goes live?

Punish the botters/gold farmer businesses...all for it. But punishing regular players as well? That's not going to go over well...
    Edited by iuki on June 4, 2014 5:03PM
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    iuki wrote: »
    Pick up Armor and Weapons •Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and equipped. •These items are low quality, but can be used if needed.
    •These items can be deconstructed, but yield very low inspiration and rarely yield usable resources.

However, for normal players this is pretty much the only we can earn gold. There is no other source other than maybe vendoring crafting mats....

So please explain how we are to make money now for repairs and buying things once this goes live?

Punish the botters/gold farmer businesses...all for it. But punishing regular players as well? That's not going to go over well...

This change will not impact loot you currently grab in any way. This is about items that you currently can't interact with in the game at all. It will have no impact either on your ability to farm money from selling junk or the bots ability to farm gold.

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and as always:

FIX RESTORING SPIRIT DAMN IT.

Give us a regen for magicka and stamina, PLEASE, we're the only class in the game to not have one and it's shafting us HARD
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • iuki
    iuki
    ✭✭
    ok, maybe I read that wrong...looked to me that loots got nerfed. If not then...whew. Only thing I have as something to do in this game is farm and if that get's nerfed there would be nothing left.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    iuki wrote: »

How about questing… killing enemies and vendoring there loot… selling your matts to other players, crafting pots or glyphs or gear to sell within guilds, farming nodes, extracting and selling the refined or to a vendor if your desperate?

You are seriously saying that you think that picking stuff up in towns and vendoring it is the only way "normal" players can make gold? Wow...

This is just to make the game feel more elder scrolls single player… and yeah it has to be worth zero or the buttface bots would completely fill every building in every town.

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way I looked at the Templar Changes and I am not impressed. In fact I feel a bit cheated and insulted. Like, really? All 3 of the other classes get buffed or corrected, we get corrected with one or two changes to skills that still leave us high and dry. Really?

Look, I know you got botter problems, but come on now, don't punish a class, punish the botter, or in fact, put a minigame in the nodes or something to make it so botters can't just run around and farm them.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the goal of this:
    Long Shots: This passive ability’s bonus is now applied to enemies greater than 40 meters away.

Can you explain it please?

From what I read, I assume that this passive skill then would work just when:

1) using Focused Aim, only after having used already once Focused Aim to increase range
    2) using Snipe, Focused Aim or Lethal Arrow while near a keep and only having Reach 1/2 or 2/2 (Alliance War - Assault)
    3) a target is running away from you or you are running away from your target with the DoT effects of Poison Arrow (Poison Injection or Venom Arrow), of Scorched Earth and of Acid Spray

Considering these, the passive skill bonus is pretty useless.

Long Shots with option 1 is then limited to just one morphed ability, an attack that is used as opener or rarely in some situations.
    Option 2 is interesting but it's based just on one ability, only near keeps, only if you have the Assault Passive skill (even if a must imho).
    Option 3 is instead really unreliable because based on positioning and DoT effects; these with Bow are quite short. Poison Arrow has 28 meters and 10 seconds as DoT effect, so passive skill bonus would be applied for few seconds and only if you move farther than 40 meters (losing chance for more dps). Scorched Earth has a ground effect of 6 seconds and 25 meters as range: this means you won't get the benefit of Long Shots or maybe just for 1 DoT tick if you manage to move farther than 40 meters from target. Acid Spray has a DoT effect of 5 seconds and 20 meters as range: to get the bonus moving farther than 40 meters is pretty impossible, maybe just using abilities to run or move faster but... for what? 1 tick if fast enough.

Even if this passive bonus applies also to spells with DoT effects, the duration of these effects is often too short to reach the range to let the bonus work.
    This in Pve is useless because it's an huge dps loss, in AvA it can work just when you run away from your target or he/she runs away from you. It seems not only too situational but useless considering the portion of damage.

From what I read then Long Shots is good only with option 1, so only with one specific morphed bow skill, or with option 2, when conditions are met, using only Snipe or one of its Morphs, having 1-2 points spent in Reach. Option 3 is too unrealiable to be considered.

A passive skill should give a bonus to bows, light and heavy attacks and its skills not to just one ability and when rare conditions are met.

I'll test this patch but from what I read Long Shots seem pretty useless. Range should be cut by 50% or the bonus should be changed into something else.
    Edited by Helluin on June 4, 2014 5:49PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    I don't understand the goal of this:
    Long Shots: This passive ability’s bonus is now applied to enemies greater than 40 meters away.

Can you explain it please?

Personally, I think it means it also now applies to enemies more than 40m away, and not as you think of a minimum range.

Probably was not adding bonus damage to anyone more than 40m or something but now it will.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on June 4, 2014 5:57PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So attorneyatlawls, NB build isn't like the "cookie cutter" builds but it sounds to me like almost any other NB caster build. Infact there is only one dot available to NB if you're not including the bleeds from cleave or blood craze which, besides from those there is entropy and soul trap which are both bad in terms of DPS and only add more utility than DPS.

Sorry, but that's just wrong.

- Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph) bleeds
    - Summon Shade and morphs are technically DOT
    - Path of Darkness and morphs
    - Strife and morphs
    - Agony and morphs
    - Cripple and morphs
    - Drain Power and morphs (the tooltip isn't really clear but I'm pretty sure the magic damage is DOT)

That's just Nightblade class skills…

Whoops, forgot our Ultimates:

- Veil of Blades (morph of Consuming Darkness, morph text is literally "Enemies in the area take damage over time")
    - Soul Tether & Soul Siphon (morphs of Soul Shred, I think the base ability probably also does DOT but the way it is worded isn't clear, same as Drain Power)

Also, you may want to look into the Siphoning skill tree. From your statement that Nightblades only have one DOT ability I'm guessing you haven't spent much time with Siphoning, as everything in that tree does DOT except Siphoning Strikes and morphs.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Missing "also" in the description, it's not clear.

I hope it works in the way you wrote, Vaxtin, so working also on targets farther than 40 meters and not only.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Zerikin
    Zerikin
    Does this mean that Bolt Escape is not going to stop mana regeneration now, or is it going to have both penalties (both seems really excessive)?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helluin wrote: »
    Missing "also" in the description, it's not clear.

I hope it works in the way you wrote, Vaxtin, so working also on targets farther than 40 meters and not only.

That is how I interpreted the change. Basically I see this as something that will cause the passive to now impact use of the Snipe ability.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/107128/can-we-get-third-person-fixed-now-updated

Really was hoping to see this stuff addressed for 1.2 alongside first-person fixes. Still am.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 6:18PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.