The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Hircine's Vineer. Is that supposed to be Hircine's Veneer?
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huggernaut wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought 1.2 was supposed to be the big nightblade patch, that adjusted all our abilities so that we are actually on par on with others.

It looks more like the templar patch to be fair.

Did I miss a patch or some dev post that either of these happened? :

- All the fixes / buffs got pushed back yet again
    - They've already happened

Honestly I've had zero desire to play and it takes you guys forever to get a patch out to us. The dev tracker being almost unreadable only compounds the issue. So I haven't been around much.

I understand these are only PTS notes, but I fully expected A LOT more to the Nightblade section that is currently there...

We (as Night Blades) already are better off than everyone else now if you look outside the cookie-cutter "SPAM CONCEALED BLADE" spec :). Look into DOT specs, thank me later, you can out-dps dk and sorcs in trials already. These extra changes/buffs will only help round out NB even further.

I am the ESO dot master and I approve this message =)
    ~ Immersion is no substitute for Exposition ~
    Karesh Zeal - VR12 Templar - Live
    Abyssiana Zeal - VR10 Dragon Knight - Beta - Retired by Zenimax 5/27
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verzwei wrote: »
    And poor NBs. They've been reporting since launch that Leeching Strikes was busted and only returning 2.4% health per hit instead of the tooltip-stated 4%. Two months later ZOS is... reducing the tooltip to state that the 'bugged' amount is now correct? Really?

I'm pretty sure they actually stated that a while ago. I've been aware that the bug is with the tool-tip, not the functionality for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe even in the official "Nightblades are screwed" post recently?
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harbingers wrote: »

We (as Night Blades) already are better off than everyone else now if you look outside the cookie-cutter "SPAM CONCEALED BLADE" spec :). Look into DOT specs, thank me later, you can out-dps dk and sorcs in trials already. These extra changes/buffs will only help round out NB even further.

I am the ESO dot master and I approve this message =)

Don't get me wrong – I wish all my skills worked properly so I could have a bit more flexibility with my build. And I wish they could do something about the imbalance between Stamina and Magicka focused builds (and the fact that Stamina builds can't use abilities or they won't be able to dodge or CC break when they need to).

That said, anyone I've grouped with to run a dungeon or even a quest or two has told me that my DPS is very high compared to what they are used to seeing, even Sorcerers. I do use DOT, but not super heavily. I'm more about resource regen, single target damage and AoE CC (as much as a Nightblade using DW/Bow can be).
    Edited by kirnmalidus on June 4, 2014 3:38AM
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • dafraorb16_ESO
    dafraorb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought 1.2 was supposed to be the big nightblade patch, that adjusted all our abilities so that we are actually on par on with others.

Honestly I've had zero desire to play and it takes you guys forever to get a patch out to us. The dev tracker being almost unreadable only compounds the issue. So I haven't been around much.

I understand these are only PTS notes, but I fully expected A LOT more to the Nightblade section that is currently there...

rofl pls stop
    you are ridiculous right now

• dafraorb16_ESO
    dafraorb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought I was the only one who understood this. Seriously, I'm tired of people complaining about NB's because they roll with the cookie builds.

I'm currently DW/BOW/2H and I put money on the line that I can keep my DPS even with anyone out there. Especially with the buff to pots, it's become insane.

Power Extraction/Whirlwind/Rune.... Not to mention using abilities from SD.

My DoT spec is pretty damn sick too. Melting bosses.

ok nice, post a video man or GTFO

• Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought I was the only one who understood this. Seriously, I'm tired of people complaining about NB's because they roll with the cookie builds.

I'm currently DW/BOW/2H and I put money on the line that I can keep my DPS even with anyone out there. Especially with the buff to pots, it's become insane.

Yeah post a video and prove it!
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 months and I still can't complete the bugged Rivenspire main zone quest. Was hoping that might be addressed in 1.2. /lesigh
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

How about you figure it out for yourself, it's not exactly complex.... instead of demanding we do the work FOR you? Saying DOT spec basically says it anyway ;).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 4:20AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this case I really do have to come to the defense of @attorneyatlawl in this and say that yeah he is exactly right in what he's been telling you guys. Now that's not to say that is doesn't take more skill to properly utilize it, but yeah he's right guys.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are there plans to give us respecs this time to skills you changed?

Also I never noticed Wrecking blows power increase working at all, how was it apparently applying in doubles? I respec'd after 1.1.2 to see if this worked afterword and still no difference noticed. I'd rather go back to Dizzying blow.

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

How about you figure it out for yourself, it's not exactly complex.... instead of demanding we do the work FOR you? Saying DOT spec basically says it anyway ;).

inb4 But ZOS said I could play how I want!!!1111one11
  • Lord_Solous
    Lord_Solous
    Soul Shriven
    pts down?
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are there plans to give us respecs this time to skills you altered, buffed, or weakened?

Also I never noticed Wrecking blows power increase working at all, how was it apparently applying in doubles? I respec'd after 1.1.2 to see if this worked afterward and still no difference noticed. I'd rather go back to Dizzying blow. And why don't you decrease the cast and knockdown time of Uppercut all together, its too slow for a melee attack.

I'd rather go back to flame leash too. Buff that one, weaken the other. Why not make Molten Whip apply to all dragon knight skills instead of non-dragon knight flame damage :neutral_face:

And why is light armor still apparently going to be the go-to armor? why no love to heavy armor and medium armor or nerf to light armor?

And impulse... now people spamming it can propperly see everything around them writhe in pain. Nice....

A bolt escape nerf of sorts, cool. But, good thing you gave sorcs other buffs tho. Now they can properly use their pets in battle and stealth with them, so less reason to bolt escape in the first place. But no more 10+ bolt escapes in a row I suppose.

Overal, Ive been trying to go through a lot of the "underdog" skills to try to find something that works. Uppercut is almost always stopped from finishing attack in PvP because it is too slow as a melee attack. Heavy armor and stamina builds suck. the more stamina attacks used, the more vunerable people make themselves especially because in the end magicka attacks from the class end up being better. The only decent stamina attacks are the gap closers, and some classes dont need those. Fiery grips base range is too short,

To be continued... Work..
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no mention of the extremely overpowered monsters in Valley of Blades being fixed... :-/
  • Asherrion
    Asherrion
    "We know Sorcs can pull 1200, we know NB's can do 1k, Templars are maybe where things should be?"

250-300 DPS?
    Templars are doing 600~700 with a good spec... Just look at Erlexx's build
  • bandage106rwb17_ESO
    So attorneyatlawls, NB build isn't like the "cookie cutter" builds but it sounds to me like almost any other NB caster build. Infact there is only one dot available to NB if you're not including the bleeds from cleave or blood craze which, besides from those there is entropy and soul trap which are both bad in terms of DPS and only add more utility than DPS.

What I do is stack as much crticial as I can and make my main damage source swallow soul with my 2 being cripple if I rotate these 2 constantly you can get 1000 DPS however what is to be done about sustain this build is entirely flawed on a boss because I found myself constantly out of magicka with this build, cripple will hit 200 on a tick and swallow soul will hit around 716 to 800 depending whether or not I'm stacking spell damage gear.

There is just so many places this build is flawed, but he was talking about a 2H build now I know bow is crap and has no real place in a craglorn boss fight. But I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say you're full of it, I mean what're you actually trying to achieve with a 2H weapon? What can it do for the NB that other weapons cannot?

The only thing positive about the 2H is its above average weapon damage (useless) and the utility it provides in increasing weapon damage even more useless. Uppercut is a very high damage ability, however it has a 1 second cast time and most bosses are immune to the CC.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampire cost reduction still bugs when you die, yet zos avoids this topic like the plague
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    This patch needs a light armor nerf, a heavy armor buff, a Cyrodiil lag fix and the Imperial City to be perfect.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    I see one dungeon and a load of fixes.

Not much of a content patch.
    When did ZOS SAY it was going to be a 'content' patch?

You're creating your own expectations and then complaining it doesn't meet them.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 4, 2014 7:03AM
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Sakiri wrote: »
    I see one dungeon and a load of fixes.

Not much of a content patch.
    When did ZOS SAY it was going to be a 'content' patch?

You're creating your own expectations and then complaining it doesn't meet them.

Content update. Their words.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

This is what happens when you create your own expectations about something rather than basing it on what those who are going to deliver something say.

ZOS have NEVER said the 'next patch' is where they'll do what you claim, that's YOUR interpretation of what they said.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People put 49 points in to health, than all their armor has magika bonus's, and cry about how their weapon abilities are useless. Go figure..
    SO true.
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh! I can finally go back to using my Nightblade and Templar again! Back to the grind for all of my characters, then. This is a very pleasant update, indeed. :smile:

Also, those screenshots are jaw-dropping! Keep up the graphical enhancements; my computer is hungry for more, especially when it comes to some of the textures in-game as well for terrain! I think those could definitely use some improvements next. :wink:

I'll see if I can post comparison screenshots tomorrow when I log back on the game again so people can tell the difference.
    Edited by Korozenn on June 4, 2014 7:14AM
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Now anyone can login into PTS server?
    PC EU
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pets don't just need a target command.

It's useless when pets still get 2-3 shot in dungeons because they don't have AoE immunity and the Twilight Matriarch doesn't seem to have more than 1500 HP.

And the Familiar summon still does miserable damage.

Still no buff in sight to weaponskills, and melee sorcerers don't get any class skill to recover stamina or spike heal.... Dark Exchange is not usable by melee sorcerers.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So increasing the difficulty in Craglorn on some delves,which I can understand, but still not addressing the overpowered issue with npc's and bosses in VR1-10 areas? Would be nice if they just did a skill reset after this patch for everyone.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 4, 2014 7:45AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verzwei wrote: »
    kedz54 wrote: »
    My God some of you are just never happy. Jfc
    And poor NBs. They've been reporting since launch that Leeching Strikes was busted and only returning 2.4% health per hit instead of the tooltip-stated 4%. Two months later ZOS is... reducing the tooltip to state that the 'bugged' amount is now correct? Really?

Too much hassle to work out why it wasn't working the way they thought it would... so, @#$% it! Change the tooltip.

nuclearfacepalm

They should just change Concealed Weapons tooltip to "Doesn't function properly 75% of the time".
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Let me guess; it includes a staff and light armor? If I wanted to play a caster, I had rolled a Sorc, not a NightBLADE. Why not just rename this game to Elder Staves Online!? The answer to all OP builds are light armor and a staff!

Well this mess is what you get when Zenimax thinks its a brilliant idea to make classes in a Elder Scrolls game, then give everyone access to every armor and every weapon, and at the same time make all class (weapon skills) work with all types of weapons slotted. The result is a BIG STINKING MESS, and a heaven for exploiters and min/maxers. For anyone not using exploit builds, its GG.

I seriously fear ESO will have a very short life span if Zenimax do not start to use common sense in their 'balancing':
    - a huge factor in any OP build is light armor; do something about it!
    - a huge factor in any OP build is staves; do something about it!
    - a big factor in several balancing issues are Vampirism; if they get a huge bonus, they also need a huge disadvantage, no fire is not enough (not all classes use fire damage, and no, do not even mention staves, just shut it already!), neither is Fighters guild right now (too low bonus damage).
    - a huge problem is stamina builds are useless, magica is wastly better
    - a huge problem is area damage attack do as much damage as single target attack. how hard can it be to understand this is a BAD BAD mechanics! where is the balance? no wonder there are problems with area farming abuse specs!
    - lag and not working quests need to be fixed, or people plain /cancel and gives up. I have a friend that plays with me in TS, and I am seriously concerned about his health, due to how angry he gets at THINGS THAT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK! Bugs and things not working due to game/server lag (skills/parry/block/area effects hitting you outside the marked area etc etc etc).

1.2 was supposed to be the 'fix' for NBs, and as it is so far its fluff and nerfs. While Sorcs get buffed with one minor nerf (yes its minor, can still be used several times in a row) to Bolt Escape spam. DKs also mostly get buffs, some nerfs. Templars gets buffed, which is good.

Seriously this patch note is a perfect way to finally make the NBs that was waiting in hope, to make the decision and /cancel.
  • Verzwei
    Verzwei
    Grim13 wrote: »
    They should just change Concealed Weapons tooltip to "Doesn't function properly 75% of the time".

Wait, you mean it should say "Has a 25% chance to deal damage and stun when used from stealth" right?

Right?

<sigh>

This discussion has been closed.